Fimfiction Editorial 305 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
Wanderer D
Group Admin

Okay guys, so, since there are a lot of blogs, we're going to be working the editorial in the following way:

You will submit a single blog per comment in the appropriate monthly thread. Remember that you can suggest old blogs later on as well, so choose ONE blog that you think deserves special attention. You'll have a chance to bring it back up later if it doesn't get chosen the first time, or suggest another one by the same author later on.

The blogs MUST be related to MLP, writing, or the fandom to be eligible and must also be hosted here at fimfiction.net.

Once submissions for the month are closed...

Obs will choose 2-to-3 blogs for the editorial.

NickNack will also choose 2-to-3 for the editorial.

And I will do the same. So we'll have a minimum of 6 max of 9 blogs chosen by US.

However, the last 3-to-4 blogs, will be chosen by the community (a.k.a. you guys) by a very simple method:

The like buttons.

So here's how you do it: When you suggest a blog link it and provide a quick explanation as to why it is interesting.

Other members will then get to take a look and vote for the blogs by showing their support for a blog or two... or even three or more. The point being, everyone reads, and everyone shares. What you guys choose to upvote most will make it into the final editorial.

No dislikes needed, btw, since we won't count them against a blog in comparison to the 'likes'.

Are we clear?

Then let's get reading!

Wanderer D
Group Admin

2568393 Nope! But thanks for bringing that up. You post in the "January Recommendations" thread for now, and then in each monthly thread. Fixed.

im not very good at blogging, so i'm just looking forward to see the news

Comment posted by Flint Sparks deleted Jan 10th, 2014
Wanderer D
Group Admin

2568418 Like I mentioned earlier, please post it in the January Thread, and sorry for the confusion there, my bad.

:facehoof:
My bad, and thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Actually, you may want to scrap that thread and start over; there are a number of replies with multiple nominations in them. Then again, I suppose you could just disqualify or even delete those posts...

Is your intention to allow us to optionally promote our own blogs, or specifically just ones by other site members?

Wanderer D
Group Admin

2568447 You can do both. If you think your own blog is that interesting, you can suggest it.

a single blog per comment

Clarification; are multiple comments, each with a single recommendation allowed (assuming they aren't spammy, say two or three over the course of the month)?

Wanderer D
Group Admin

2568519 Yes. You can post more than one, but bear in mind that it's better to go with a single strong one to increase its chances of being chosen.

Sounds like a solid plan. I'm looking forward to this editorial business.

It is a new year, it's worth a new thread for nominations.

Nicknack
Group Admin

Could you clarify if Obs and I will be picking 2-3 blogs from the thread, or if we're searching throughout Fimfic? :twilightblush:

Wanderer D
Group Admin

2569926 Either works. There's plenty of cool ones around.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

This sounds like a system that works. I'll have to remember to check the other blogs and vote.

Is there anything in place to account for potentially more votes for early posts because more people will see them?

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

Or the fact that just no one is voting on submissions at all? :B

Where do we even vote?

Go to the previous month, january, and thumbs up the ones you like

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20