Authors Helping Authors 2,464 members · 8,633 stories
Comments ( 29 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 29

The title pretty much says it all.

I have a bunch of ideas to write, but I don't know what to do with all of them. Angry Birds meet Mane 6, Midna and Link as ponies, Luna on the dark side of the moon, Vinyl Scratch finding a CD containing Rush, a whole Fantasia story with Octavia, more shipping, so much I find it hard to concentrate.

So, what do you do with too many ideas?

EDIT: Should I offer them to other authors?

Err... Comet... where's your post?

888375 uhh wheres your post?

I write them down anyway and end up with around 13 stories unfinished on my flash drive :unsuresweetie:

888375 That depends. Care to elaborate? :pinkiesmile:

888376 888379

The entire post is in title silly-fillies.

I just write them ALL AT ONCE. Then, I choose which one was the best and continue the work.

i know your feel bro

I write a story title, a quick summary and what characters are involved. For every idea. That way I can always get back to it later, or I can whine about having way too many stories I still need to write. Really, it goes both ways.:derpytongue2:

888379 888376
Mobile version derped again. It's up there now.

At least it wasn't Pinkie with coffee text this time.

888375 Well you could write it all down in a Document or just jot down notes in a Document.

The problem is, when I tried that, I began to write the story.

That's how I wound up with Mare Do Well and Venom.:unsuresweetie:

888402 :rainbowderp: Oh well try saving the Idea's for a later time by writing your plot in point form in a Document then awhile later you could go back and see if you actually wanted to do the idea's

But I want to do all of them!:raritycry:

888409 I know it may feel like that but just try it. For a time I was gung ho about a Beetlejuice crossover but I did the point form thing and realized I only had an Idea not an entire plot and gave up on it. It could work

I have so many ideas for one of my stories that I couldn't even fathom how to make them all fit. It seems lazy, but I just decided to put it on a little hiatus and write an easier story...which is ALSO about to hit a snag. Can't catch a break xD

I will read ALL OF THE IDEAS :pinkiehappy:

I have abunch of awesome stories... the only problem is the most important one is the longest, im working on it right now.. and its fucking humungous!

888375 Either give them to other authors, or write them down somewhere so you can use them later.

I crawl into a corner and cry.

It's an easy problem to fix actually. You simply get rid of your social life, because it steals away time from writing. You're writing stories about a show about the magic of friendship after all, so you don't need real friends. Quit your job too, if you have one. With all that free time you should able to do all of your story ideas.

In summary, I empathize with your plight, but I have no real solutions.

Personally I try and stay focus on one story at a time in order to keep myself working on it. But when I get any ideas that I find interesting or would like to go back to later, I usually just jot it down on some paper (usually making it into a list) that I can go back later. Which mostly is because I get distracted to easily.... like playing League of Legends or Steam is having a sell.:twilightblush:

888375 I know how you feel bro. I have so many ideas that I want to write but can't because of the stories I'm already writing. I've now limited myself to only writing three stories at the same time. :pinkiesad2: Oh, and I think you should just keep the idea and write it when you have a chance.

[shamelessplug]If I'm already writing what I think is enough (or too many) fics, I drop them and let someone else pick them up on my group, unless of course I really want to write it myself.[/shamelessplug]

Muxix311 is right, don't get too eager or you'll end up with something you may not like. Write it down and tackle each idea one at a time. :applejackunsure:

I fall prey to this all too often. I actually have three more unfinished, un-posted stories that I have been working on. What I have is a notepad file which contains all of my rough story ideas, or at least all of those which I haven't started yet. But I have a problem with starting things and never finishing...

Hope this helps!

888375 I'd write them down in a "Story Idea" document on my desktop, just for later use.

888375 What I do when I have too many ideas is I just write the ideas themselves down and then START a story on each one at a time and then pick one and hop back and forth between them.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 29