• Published 1st May 2013
  • 2,950 Views, 61 Comments

Twilight's new feather - Onyxfire408



The eagle strikes a falling mare as she fell in love with a mysterious unicorn

  • ...
14
 61
 2,950

Chapter 3: New Home, New Hideout

Chapter 3
New Home, New Hideout

Eagle was in his apartment on his bed as he looked straight up at the ceiling. Thoughts and pictures of the two princesses raced through his mind as he could a a distinct scratching coming from the nearest room. He heard whimpering as he smiled and stood from his bed. He opened the room door as he was pounced by a coffee table sized dog with black and white fur, the dog licked Eagle in the face as he gave a hearty laughter. He pushed the dog away as he sat up facing the dog who wagged his tail and rapidly breathed in excitement. "Heh heh, good to see you to Rebel." Eagle smiled as his dog gave a bark of joy.

"What's that boy? You want a treat?" Rebel barked in agreement as Eagle reached into his drawer and pulled out a dog biscuit. "Okay, sit, lay down, roll over," Rebel obeyed as he completed all but one of his tricks. ", okay, nooooooow catch!" Eagle exclaimed as he tossed the biscuit into the air causing Rebel to leap up and chomp the treat down whole in mid air. Rebel chewed and enjoyed his treat as Eagle rubbed his head in comfort. "Good boy, now stay here, I gotta meet my friends." Rebel barked in agreement as he jumped on top of Eagle's bed, lied down, and closed his eyes into a soft slumber. Eagle approached his room carfully not trying to wake up Rebel, he approached the wall as he took his weapons and applied them to his back. He lit his horn as they disappeared leaving his back naked of weapons.

Eagle Eye walked outside with a brown small bag, the size of a bottle as he flipped over his hood and walked into the nearest alley. He stood in the black bush of the alley as he looked around for any guards. He ran out as he quickly walked calmly around the massive crowd of ponies. He slowly sneaked through the crowd as he reached the alley he wanted to see. He approached the mini black forest and walked till the dead end, there he found the same homeless ponies around a trash bin fire all laughing with their hearts with a few bottles of alcohol. He walked towards the circle as he sat down on the ground. "Hey guys, sorry I'm late." Eagle said as the group of hobo ponies all looked at him with smiles.

"Eaggglleee!" All the ponies greeted simultaneously as they all have hearty laughs and cheers.

"Hey guys, brought something special." Eagle said he pulled out the object from his brown paper bag. "I brought a crap ton of forty!" Eagle exclaimed as all the hobo ponies cheered in delight. They all drank till their hearts content until all but a few and Eagle sat with pink cheeks. "Mann.... I gotta move out of this city." Said Eagle as he moaned through his drunk state.

"Well, you could just move out. I now a goooooood place, my cousin say's it's reaaaaal quiet." A drunk hobo pony said.

"Where?" Asked Eagle.

"It's a small town near here called Ponyville. That place is reaaaal quiet and peaceful. I think you and your dog 'll love it! You're dog, Rebel, he's a husky right?" Another hobo asked as he fell back unconscious.

"Yea I do, can't believe I found a husky in Equestria." Claimed Eagle.

"Yea, I heard good things about that place." Another hobo rumored as Eagle placed a check mark under his chin.

"Hmmm.... yea, yea. That place sounds good. But I can't just leave you guys here." Eagle cared as another hobo blew a raspberry in objection.

"Phbbbbbbt, don't worry about us boy! We're old, we don't need this special treatment. Go ahead and enjoy your life!" The hobo pony replied as Eagle's face turned flat.

I'm older than you think old man. Eagle stood up as he gave one last salute towards his fellow friends... who all lied on the ground unconscious. "...Whelp... can't be helped." Eagle said as he started to walk home. He reached upon home as he found Rebel still sleeping on his bed, he gave a quick whistle as the husky sprung up from the bed and wagged his tail, happy that his master was home. "Hey boy guess what?" Eagle asked as Rebel shifted his head sideways in a 45 degree angle. "We're moving." Said Eagle as Rebel gave a happy bark in agreement. "Great, let's pack up now before anypony shows up." Recommended Eagle as the husky nodded in agreement.

Eagle walked outside as he dragged along his bag as Rebel followed by his side. Eagle wore a plain white hoodie to disguise himself from any trouble that could pounce upon him. He walked down the maybe roads of the city as he reached the same alley that his hobo friends were in. He sat down with his fellow brothers as Rebel lied down next to a local hobo as he rubbed the top of his head in care. "Hey guys, what's up?" Eagle greeted as the group of homeless all waved and said their 'hellos' in greet. "I wanted to give my last farewell gift to you guys." Eagle said as he pulled out a large pouch from his suitcase. He opened it to reveal a wealthy pile of bits causing all of the homeless ponies to smile. "Get yourselves cleaned up or something, aight?"

"Thanks man."

"Yea thanks."

"Good luck in Ponyville."

"I will." Eagle confirmed as he and Rebel stood up. "Come on boy, let's go." Eagle commanded as Rebel obeyed as the two left the happy group of hobos. Eagle and his husky traveled down the road as they arrived at the train station. Eagle and Rebel were about to step inside the train cart, but was stopped by a hoof in uniform.

"I'm sorry sir, but I'll need to put your pet in the other cart." informed the conductor as Rebel started to whimper. Eagle knelt down as he lifted the dog's chin.

"It's okay boy. Just go with the good man." Eagle softly commanded as Rebel's ears perked up and followed the conductor to the farther cart. Eagle stepped inside his cart as he sat in and gave a massive relaxing sigh as he closed his eyes in slumber. A lavender unicorn mare entered the train car as she sat down behind him as she pulled out a magazine to read. The train started to creak in horror as steam blew out from the tip of the connecting carts as it took off towards Ponyville.

Author's Note:

Again, sorry if there are any grammar or spelling errors.