• Published 1st May 2013
  • 2,950 Views, 61 Comments

Twilight's new feather - Onyxfire408



The eagle strikes a falling mare as she fell in love with a mysterious unicorn

  • ...
14
 61
 2,950

Chapter 1: The Fall [Reedited]

Chapter 1
The Fall

Twilight Sparkle was on the train that would travel back to her home town known as Canterlot. She awaited patiently as the whirs of wheels and cogs of metal turned as steamed escaped from the train's head. She sat on the velvet chair of the train as time went on and images flew through her eyes as she grazed out the window with glee. It's good to get out of Ponyville once in a while, also great to see my parents. Twilight thought to herself as she she picked up a nearby magazine and read it through. As she read through the magazine the train creaked in long pause as the sounds of horror escaped from the metal wheels and tiny flames flew out of the wheels. Looks like we're here. Twilight proclaimed in her head as the conductor came into the cart.

"Now arriving Canterlot, please get ready to leave." He announced as he proceeded into other carts repeating the same info to the other passengers. The lavender unicorn got up from her seat as she stood near the door as it automatically opened. Twilight Sparkle stood outside as she gazed around the royal city and smelled the fresh baguette's aroma swirl through the air as ponies walked in dresses and hats that looked familiar to her.

"Oh Rarity, I see Hoity Toity has really taken interest in your designs." Twilight chimes as she walked down the cobblestone streets of Canterlot towards a two story house in the distance. She stops in front of the house as she crunches her fist and knocks on the door.

*knock* *knock* *knock*

"Who is iiiiiiiit?" A kind female voice ask as Twilight smiled at that familiar voice.

"It's me." Twilight exclaims as the door quickly unlocks to reveal a white unicorn mare with a white and purple striped mane and tail as she beamed with excitement.

"TWILIGHT!" Her mother screamed as she ran towards her daughter and squeezed her with all her might. "It's so good to see you. Honey come quick! It's Twilight!" The mother screamed at the top of her lungs as she pulled her daughter in her house.

"Is that Twilight?" Said a deep voice as a blue stallion came in as he gave a proud smile towards the lavender unicorn daughter.

"Hi mom, hi dad, It's great to see you both." Twilight said as she embraced both her parents with love and compassion. The small family walked inside their house as they all sat down in the living room. "So how is Canterlot? Anything I missed?"

"Well, nothing new so far. But we have heard of ponies disappearing from the city from green flashing lights." Twilight's father gossiped as Twilight held her mouth in shock.

"Well I hope that they find the missing ponies. What about Shinning Armor? Isn't he suppose to be here by now?"

"Well we should be expecting your brother and sister to come by any minute. In the meantime would you like some of your favorite mother made cucumber and daffodil sandwiches?" Twilight's mother asked as she had lust for flavor in her thought.

"Sure mom." Twilight replied in glee as her mother ran towards the kitchen.

"So Twilight anything new with you in Ponyville?" Her father asked as Twilight made a sheepish smile.

"Well, nothing new, just the same old book reading for me." Twilight said with a blush as she pulled out a random book from her backpack. "Like this new book I received from my new friend, it's called The Godfather and it sounds interesting." Twilight chimed as she retracted the book inside her bag. A knocking came from her door as her father stood up to answer it.

"Hey dad" Twilight's ears perked up at the sound of that voice. "where are ya Twiley?" Twilight turned around as she found her brother Shinning Armor and Cadence there with smiles as her brother wrapped his arms around her and gave her a soldier's embrace.

"Gaak...Shinning...too.....hard..." Twilight pleaded for mercy as her brother complied and let her go.

"Sorry sis, but I'm just so happy to see you." Shinning said in glee.

"Yes, it's very good to see you too my little sister in law." Cadence said as Twilight smiled at her.

The whole family sat down at the living room as they chat and ate sandwiches for their family heart's delights. Twilight talked how fine and great Ponyville is, Cadence and Shinning talked about life in the Crystal Empire, while their parents had waited for a question that will embarrass Twilight. "I can't believe that Pinkie Pie cloned herself." Shinning Armor said as he shriveled in fear at the thought.

"Yes, I don't think everypony needs a party everyday." Cadence joked as she giggled in a hidden fear.

"So Twiley, did you find anypony special yet?" Shinning asked as Twilight chocked on her sandwich.

"Brother!" Twilight pleaded in embarrassment as she slapped a hand on her face.

The BBBFF stuck out his tongue in comedic laughter as his wife swatted him in the back of his head only leaving a light brown sphere the size of a cup. "You will not taunt my sister in law!" The princess said as she had a lemon face on which caused her husband to cringe back in fear.

"Alright alright, sorry Twiley." The BBBFF apologized as he bowed his head in guilt.

"It's okay BBBFF, now I must get going to visit the princesses. I'm scheduled to practice spells with Princess Celestia, and to star gaze with Princess Luna tonight."

"Aww but are you sure you need to go now Twilight?" Twilight's mother asked.

"Sorry mom, but I already scheduled my meet with the princess right about............now." Twilight said as she stormed out the house as her mother tried to run after but a white hoof stopped her in her path.

"It's okay mother, you know how she is when she is scheduling." Shinning Armor informed as his father chuckled at the flashback.


At the castle it was calm, guards stood like statues as the white alicorn goddess sat at her throne writing down paperwork. As she finished her last form a maid walked in as she bowed towards her leader in greet as she cleared her throat. "Your majesty, Twilight Sparkle is here for the visit." The maid informed as her princess nodded with a smile.

"Please send her in, I am most pleased to see her again." The sun goddess said as the maid bowed and walked out the throne room. The throne door open as the lavender unicorn student ending with bullets sliding down her head. "Ah Twilight Sparkle, it is so good to see you again." The princess said as the student ran towards her and embrace her as bullets of sweat drifted down her hair.

"H-Hello princess, I'm sorry I'm late I was just-" The purple student paused as a hand covered her mouth as her princess giggled in glee.

"Twilight just calm down, or as other ponies would say, 'take a chill pill', you don't need to panic every time we meet. You would already be embarrassing yourself if you panic." The sun goddess informed in cheer as the unicorn student gave out a deep breath as her sweaty bullets dried out.

"My apologies princess, it's just that I always get worried because I think that you might assign me a pop quiz or-" Twilight paused as the doors open as a water balloon hit her in the face, drenching her hair as her face turned disgruntled. A navy dark blue alicorn walked in with a face of victory as she pointed towards the sun goddess.

"HA HA! Thou sister has been-" The moon princess paused her face turned into shock as she saw who she had hit. "Oh goodness, Twilight Sparkle, we are sorry. Thou had try to win the prank war against thy sister." Luna apologized as Twilight drenched out her mane and Celestia sticking her tongue out at her sister. "She has beaten thou several times already." Luna snarled as she her teeth grind with jealousy. "Thy will get you sister, we swear on it." Luna swore as she raised her fist in vengeance as he retreated into the nearest room.

Twilight looked at her teacher in confusion as she giggled in delight at her student's drenched clothes. "My deepest apologies Twilight, it's just that Luna always wanted to prank me after I splashed water on her. In fact she should hit my trip wire right abouuuuut-" As if on cue, a loud noise happened as the room shook with anger and aggression.

"RAAAAAAGGHGH THOU SISTER WILL PAY!!!"

"now." Celestia finished as Twilight shriveled in fear. "Now then, what would you want to do Twilight? I have the day off from the castle." Celestia said as Twilight looked at her teacher in shock.

"W-What!?! But how will Equestria run?"

"Oh that's easy. I gave the day to Luna so that she experience what would happened if something happened to me." Celestia explained in a flat. "She needs training, if I am somehow to be disappeared off the face of Equestria, then Luna must run by herself." Celestia explain as she looked out the window. "One day, Luna isn't going to receive any help from me any longer." Celestia said in a low tone as she lowered her head. She could feel a hand grab her shoulder, she could feel a shock wave of love and care as it coursed towards her heart.

"It's okay princess, I understand completely." Twilight comforted as the princess smiled down upon her.

"Thank you Twilight."

"You're welcome princess, also, can we try a new spell? Ponyville is rich in books and all, but I wanna try something challenging." Twilight said in enthusiasm as she raised her fist in the air and fell the fire ignite in her eyes.

"Where did you get this advice and enthusiasm?" Asked a curios, smirking Celestia as Twilight scratched the back of her neck in embarrassment.

"Ehh heh heh... Iron...Will. He taught me, 'Take a challenge, and have more balance!'. Twilight recited as her eyes continued to burn with determination. Celestia giggled as she could see her young student embarrass right in front of her.

"Well, we could try an invisibility spell, it is a high level spell, but I don't think-"

"I'LL DO IT!!!" Twilight objected as she punched the air.

---A while later, actually more like 10 minutes later---

BOOM!

A massive explosion happened as a massive burnt crate was left in the garden of Cantelot. There laid Twilight as she was burnt to a near crisp as Celestia stood back behind a steel barrier as she was clean as a whistle. Twilight coughed in polluted air as she stood up from the crate and crawled out in weakness. Celestia popped out of her barrier as she and Twilight started to laugh in embarrassment. "Welp... looks like you need some practice, in a few years." Celestia said as she helped Twilight of out her magic made crater.

"Thank you princess, that was fun and all but now I have to go and see Luna." Twilight said as shun her horn and created a small tornado wiping off any burnt remains that stuck to her dress. Celestia nodded in agreement as Twilight ran back inside the castle and up the stairs. Upon reached the correct floor she need, she found Luna's room who's door had a crescent moon on it. Twilight cleared her through and let out steam of panic as she slowly knocked on the door. The door open to greet Twilight with a coconut cream pie on her face.

"HA HA! Thou has-" Luna stopped to realize the same mistake she has made. "Oh my goodness, Twilight Sparkle we are really sorry for this." Luna pleaded in apology as she quickly levitated a rag and wiped off Twilight's face of any excessive whipped cream leaving only a face of a lemon. Luna gulped as she quickly pulled in Twilight into her room as she continue to give a snarly look at Luna. "So um... what has thou done with thy sister of mine?" Luna asked in a timid tone as she tried to avoid any conflict of what just happened.

"Luna, don't you think you should stop this prank war between you and your sister?" Twilight asked in a annoyed tone as she crossed her arms.

"We apologize deeply for this Twilight Sparkle, it's just that we are tired of thy sister's pranks that we swore that we would get thy sister payback." Luna swore as she began to walk towards her balcony. She opened the door and in front of her laid a telescope and several books involving stars and constellations. "But for now let us get on with out star gazing night, shall we Twilight Sparkle?" Twilight nodded in agreement as the two spent the night watching the twinkling blanking of the blue shaded sky.

"Twilight, art thou seeing somepony special?" Luna asked curiously as Twilight's cheeks turned bright red at the mention.

"L-Luna, please, I am not seeing anypony. I uh-"

"Do not worry Twilight Sparkle, if thou doesn't wish to speak of it, then we will not talk of it." Luna said as Twilight gave a small sigh of relief.

"Thank you princess." Twilight thanked in relief as the two continued to star gaze as a small ball of ice soared through the sky. "That's new, what is that princess? A-A meteor?" Asked a curios but panicked Twilight.

"Oh that Twilight Sparkle?" Luna asked in a smirk as she pointed towards the flying ice ball. "That is what's called thy comet, a comet is a ball of ice that soars through the skies as it leaves particles of ice behind. It is beautiful, is it not?"

"Yes it is Luna, It is-" Twilight Sparkle paused as she could hear the door slam open as Celestia appeared with a massive squirt gun in her hands.

"SURPRISE ATTACK!!!" Celestia exclaimed as she pulled the trigger unleashed a tidal wave of water force that Luna quickly dodged out of the way, but what she didn't think of was Twilight Sparkle who was behind her. The burst of water splashed all over Twilight as she started to become pushed back towards the balcony rail, but it was too much as Twilight was pushed over the rail and down towards the ground. "TWILIGHT!!!" Celestia screamed in horror as both princesses jumped off the balcony and flew towards the damsel in distress.


Eagle Eye, a warrior, fighter, and a strange unicorn with a light brown coat and a white mane with accents of black on it. He had several weapons surrounding him, a one edged sword on his back along with a small hatchet tied with the sword, he wore a jacket with a hood shaped like a eagle's head, and clothes dark as if he were a shadow. He was sitting in a dark alley as he began drinking a large bottle of Applejack Daniels with some fellow rag tags. "So-" Eagle began as he slammed down his bottle and slid it to the next stallion on the poor wooden stable. "-after I sliced up that tree, I began to take up wood carving." Eagle Eye said in a drunken tone as his other rag mates started to laugh and hiccup in drunk hilarity.

"Bwahaha I like dis new ding you got, wood carving! Maybe make sum shooooooos or somdin." One pony said as he fell down off his box and passed out.

"Ya mate *hiccup* and thanks for the whiskey, where'd you say you got it?" One drunk hobo stallion asked as Eagle slapped himself in the face only to regain little consciousness.

"I stole it, simple as that. The liquor salescolt didn't see it coming." Eagle eye said as he walked out of the alley. "Se y- *hiccup*- ya guys later, I'll try to bring some more food next time." Eagle Eye said as he pulled out his hood and walked calmly towards the nearest cafe. He sat down at the cafe table as he flipped off his hood and quickly shun his horn as the weapons on his back started to become transparent. A waiter slowly walked towards him with a flat face and a notepad.

"Ello sir, quat would you like to ordeh?" The waiter spoke in a fancy accent as Eagle tapped on the table four times.

"Some coffee, and a good one." Eagle spoke in a calm tone as the waiter smirked and wrote down his order.

Eagle remained silent for the rest of the time as he patiently waited until the waiter brought back his coffee. His coffee was black and topped with whipped cream as the waiter placed a small glass of white liquid on the table. "So ere's your supee coffee, wemember qe have e deal." The waiter whispered as Eagle nodded and reached into his pocket and pulled out a water drop shaped sapphire.

"Here ya go, an oceanic sapphire, hard to get but something to fix an immediate drunk like me? It'll be worth it." Eagle said as he slowly slid the gem towards the waiter as he did the same with Eagle's drink. Eagle took the drink as he dunk both liquids in his mouth as he swished it around and gulped it whole. He could feel his brain starting to function, his veins pump, and his heart pound like a drum as he shook within disbelief as he slammed both glasses on the table. "WOO! Man that keeps me going." Eagle Eye said as he bowed towards the waiter in thanks and walked along the streets of Canterlot.

"STOP HIM!" A local stallion exclaimed as Eagle looked behind him as he found several Canterlot guards pursuing him. "STOP THE OUTLAW!!!"

Eagle quickly sprinted away from the guards as he leaped over a fence and then konged over a fruit cart. As he kept on running he quickly jumped on top of a stack of crates as he leaped off towards an window which was immediately open. Eagle Eye quickly grabbed the ledge of the window and he pulled himself in making the mare of the building scream in horror and stood aside, Eagle quickly diminished the mare as he sprinted towards the other window on the other side of the hallway. He put much force into his next leap that he curled up into a ball and broke through the window as he reached the ground with multiple citizens looking at him in shock and fear. "Is that the-"

"Yes everypony, I'm that crook ponies been callin me, I am the 'Death Bird', or so I've been nicknamed. Well, hope you enjoy the show." Eagle Eye said as multiple guards ran with spears in hands as Eagle quickly sprinted towards a nearby alley to hide, unfortunately it failed. The guards found him as Eagle slowly stepped back only to find him self in a dead end. The guards slowly approached him with spears armed as he gave a victorious smirk towards them.

"What's so funny?" One guard asked.

Eagle Eye started to laugh with greed as the guards became confused. "What's so funny? WHATS SO FUNNY!? Do you even know who I am? Do you know what I can do? Do you know what I've done?" Eagle Eye taunted as his body shattered and became like glass as it took the form of an eagle. Eagle flew up towards the rooftops as he reappeared as a pony and watched as the guards became confused.

"Where'd he go?"

"Did anyone see him?"

"How did he do that?"

"Check the perimeter!" The guards started searching around kicking cans, sweeping spears, and checking areas of stealth but there was no trace of the criminal what so ever. "He's gone." One guard said as they all started to leave the alley.

"No wonder they call him the stallion that can disappear."

Eagle Eye started to laugh as he returned to the alley and flipped up his hood. He started to walk around the city as he acted like everypony. He walked behind groups like a wolf as he became invisible like an eagle. He kept walking around the city as he reached the southern part of the city, it was a little dirty and not as fancy, but decent for citizens with a regular salary. Eagle Eye reached ann old apartment building as he entered his apartment. It was messy but somewhat clean to a lodger, he sat down on his couch as he stopped and took a quick look at himself in the mirror. He took off his coat and shirt as he looked at the bandages strapped to his back. He went to his bathroom, cut off his old bandages to reveal two massive wounds on his pack as the blood quickly splurged out. Eagle quickly took bandages from his cupboard and quickly applied it to his back.

Still!? It's been years and there's still blood.

Well you can't escape it, you're still-

No, I don't want to be, not ever. If I am to be one of them, then I will act like the opposite. I will live life to the fullest and to most good, the bad is my greedy side.

Suit yourself, your time could come up.

We shall see.

Eagle Eye stepped out of his bathroom as he slumped his body on his couch. He closed his eyes and he drifted off into a minor slumber.


---1025 years ago---

It was night time in Canterlot as the winds roared and the leaves swirled in the night sky. A young happy couple was in the hospital as screams of horror and pain were being echoed all across the room. An adult mare was giving birth as the stallion husband held her hand close and tight.

"Don't worry honey, you can do it. Just push!"

"WRAAAAAAh Ughh...."

A child appeared before the young couple as the doctor picked him up. "Congratulations, it's a unicorn boy." The young baby colt was tanish brown with a white mane. The doctor held the baby longer as he examined him for a longer while as his face looked concerned. "Hmmm...."

"Is something wrong doctor?" The father asked.

"Um nurse Red Cross can you wash the baby please?" The doctor asked a nearby nurse as she nodded and took the baby into the next room. "Can I speak to you alone please?" The doctor asked the father as he nodded, the two headed to the next room along as the wife laid in bed exhausted and confused.

"What's wrong?"

"How can I put this? .......Your son, he's a....an alicorn." The doctor said as his jaw dropped towards the ground like an anvil.

"WHAT!? You just said he was a unicorn!" The father yelled as the doctor gave a heavy sigh.

"Yes I know what I said. But I took a closer look at your son and I noticed some small feathers popping from his back. Tell me, do you or your wife have any genetic connections to the royal family?" The doctor asked as the stallion father scratched his chin.

"Well, if I remember, my wife is a cousin of Celestia and Luna."

"I see, then that explains it. Now onto the bad news. I'm afraid that your son is immortal in age." The doctor said in a low tone as the father started to shed a tear.

"No, it's not possible."

"I'm sorry, but alicorn blood is sacred, and deadly. The blood has different cells that prevent ageing, he can still die, but only by force." The doctor explained in a low tone as the stallion father wept for minutes. "I'm really sorry but there is nothing we can do."

"I completely understand." The father sniffed as the doctor placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I will call her highness right away, she must know of this." The doctor recommended as the father nodded.

"Yes, I agree."


Eagle woke up in a cold sweat as he looked around to find out that Luna's cloak of tiny lights was clothed over Equestria. He rose up from his couch as he put on his jacket and flipped over his hood as he walked outside to the empty streets of the city. He flew up a short distance to the roof tops as he looked at the beautiful stars and constellations of the city. A white blue sphere started to soar across the sky as Eagle was interested and chased after it. He ran on the top of the rooftops as shattered into a form of an eagle and reappeared into a shape of a stallion on several rooftops as he chased after the white sphere. But alas the sphere was too fast for him as he lost sight of it near the castle, he gave a chuckled defeated sigh as he sat down.

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" Eagle's ears perked up as he looked up to find a unicorn mare falling from a balcony of Canterlot. Eagle Eye perked up as he sprinted towards the falling mare with all of his might. Near the base of the fall, Eagle jumped up as he took up the shape of an eagle and flew towards the falling mare, before reaching her she could see the two princesses flying down far from her.

"Sister, we won't reach thy Twilight in time!" The dark blue one informed in panic.

"Faster my sister! FASTER!!!" The white one pleaded as the both of them quickened their pace.

Eagle Eye flew towards the falling mare as he re-imaged his stallion form as he caught the falling mare midair and held her tight. "Hold on tight!" The tan stallion quickly informed as Eagle quickly placed the mare on his shoulders and placed his feat first towards the ground. He wrapped on arm around the mare and his other palm facing towards the ground. Upon reaching the ground the earth shook as the shattered glass like material surrounded him as they took the shape of a bear on Eagle Eye. He quickly place the mare down on the ground as he took a quick look over her. He eyes were rolled back and white, foam crawling out of her mouth like drool, and sweat began to slide down her head. "Yep, she's out cold." Eagle easily assumed as he took a look at the mare's face as he felt a little warm. "Huh, she's-" Eagle Eye quickly regained thought as he looked behind him, the two princesses who flying fast towards him. He gritted his teeth as he crouched and became shattered like glass as he took in the form of a wolf, he quickly paced himself towards the nearest alley as he watched from the shadows.

The two princesses reached the student on the ground as the white sun goddess quickly ran towards the student and held her in her arms. She quickly looked over her as she placed a hand over her fore head, she gave a sigh of relief as she rested twilight's head on her thighs. "Thank goodness, she's just out cold." Celestia relieved as Luna stared into space with a worried expression. "Luna, is something bothering you?" Asked a concerned big sister.

"Sister, thy swear we saw him fly towards Twilight Sparkle." Luna said in a cold tone as her sister's eyes started to widened with disbelief.

"Him!? I thought he killed himself. How are you sure that you think it's him?"

"Well thy sister, we swear that we saw thy eagle, but this eagle was as if it was made of shattered glass. I could even feel his magic pulsing through the air, remember what he can do sister." Luna reminded in a worried tone as Celestia shed a single tear.

Twilight Sparkle moved around as she opened her eyes to regain consciousness, she looked around to find herself on the ground and on Celestia's lap. "P-Princess?" Celestia quickly reacted as she embraced the confused unicorn. "P-Princess, what happened? Why are we on the ground, why are you crying, and....why am I wet?" Twilight asked as the two princesses exchanged worried faces.

"Well-"

---some time later---

Eagle Eye chuckled to himself at the mare's safety as he turned around to find several figures standing in front of him with looks of greed and violence. "Can I help you gentlecolts?" Eagle Eye asked as he glimmered his horn causing his weapons to appear behind his back. He placed the palm of his on his hatchet as it started to glow red.

"Yea, give us your money and no one gets hurt." The middle thug said as he pulled out a switch blade and pointed the tip towards Eagle. "A clock is ticking on your life." The thug threatened as Eagle Eye gave a smirk.

"I like your knife." Eagle said as the three thugs became confused. "Too bad it's mine now." Eagle Eye proclaimed as he threw his hatchet as it blazed a red flame. the hot blade made contact with the left thug as it shifted and hit the thug on the right decapitating both thugs only leaving the middle one, the flaming hatchet then shifted as it made contact with the middle thug's hand, that it magnetized the knife, sticking it to the hatchet like glue as the hatchet returned to Eagle Eye's hand. He plucked the sharp fruit from his hatchet as he placed it back on his back and took a close examination to the switch blade. "Cheep, this steel is rusty, but lethal." He said as he tossed the knife aside like garbage causing the remaining thug to scoot back in fear.

"W-Who are you?" The thug asked in fear as Eagle gave a mischievous smirk towards the thug.

"I am what ponies call me, the 'Death Bird'." Eagle proclaimed as he threw his hatchet at the remaining thug as the blade became stuck in his chest. The thug could feel heat coursing through his muscles as he began to feel lighter and bloat like a balloon. "Goodbye." Eagle finally said as the hatchet flew back into Eagle's hand as the last thug exhaled not air, but blood as he fell down, his blood was flooded in his body as it gurgled out from his mouth and nose. Eagle walked to the last kill as he bent down and closed his eyelids. "Rest in peace." Eagle said as he looked outside of the alley to find the group of mares gone, especially the princesses. Eagle gave a heavy sigh as he walked home. As he reached home, he took off his jacket, slumped down on the bed, and stared into space as he slowly drifted off to sleep.

Author's Note:

Yea yea yea new story, horrible names, and along with cheap powers I took from the AC universe. Bite me, this idea's been plaguing my mind since I wrote the Derpy story. But hope you like it, sorry for grammar errors, but I'm trying to practice me ENGRISH!!!