• Published 1st May 2013
  • 2,951 Views, 61 Comments

Twilight's new feather - Onyxfire408



The eagle strikes a falling mare as she fell in love with a mysterious unicorn

  • ...
14
 61
 2,951

Chapter 10: The Test

Chapter 10: The Test

---A month after Celestia's confession---

Eagle sat in his room, he still trained Sole for the sake of her training and his mind. But he still couldn't believe he saw the truth behind Celestia's force. And to believe that it was never her fault or her purpose to begin with. He saw on his bed, how much the lumpiness he felt was no bother to him, except the letter. A knocking came from his door, but he ignored it.

"Eagle c'mon, it's time for my training." It was Sole, she ranked up to a captain, and as for Eagle, he ranked up to become a Major, which was three ranks higher than Sole's. Though, their ranks didn't matter due to their immense power, greatly powerful and deadly against the higher ranked guards. "Eagle, are you okay?"

"Go away Sole, now's not the time." Sole frowned for her trainer's sake and his selfishness. She stood for him, she liked him and joined the guard for a different reason. She clenched her fist as she pounded her arm against his door which only resisted in her force. "You better not come in!" Eagle yelled as Sole still ignored his warnings. So she made one last move as she kicked down his door causing Eagle to flinch at Sole. "What the-" Eagle was interrupted as Sole slapped him in the face. grabbed his wrist, and dragged him outside towards the training grounds. She let him go as she pulled out her Spear and aimed her tip at Eagle. It was Silver with golden accents, and as for the spear, it had a head like a razor and at the other end of her spear, was a triple blade bird claw.

"Stand and fight me Eagle." She commanded in a rough tone as Eagle simply looked away.

"Sole, I'm really not in the mood to-" Eagle was interrupted as sole thrust her spear at Eagle's cheek leaving a cut on his face. To Eagle's surprise, he was cut, he's never been cut nor attacked by any other guard before. Sole struck again with her sword as Eagle quickly dodged to his left and grabbed Sole's arm with his right hand and was going to punch her with his left. But he became too weighted as Sole made the paced move and punched him in the face leaving his face to have a patch of pain.

"C'mon sir, I thought you were tougher than that." Sole mocked as Eagle held his bruis and gritted his teeth. He clenched his fist as he stood up and pounded his fists together symbolizing a sign of battle. "There we go." Sole said with a determined tone to win as Eagle ran up to sole and jumped in the air. Soon, an image of a bear with a skin like shattered glass appeared standing in front of her with claws raised to slam down on her. Sole grinned as she took a form of a snake with the same made material skin as Eagle as she slithered behind Eagle and reappeared as herself and constricted her arms around Eagle's hip and surplexed him over herself as she slammed Eagle's head on the ground.

Eagle yelled in pain as he fell on the floor, but he smiled and coughed out blood. He stood up and wiped the blood from his chin. "Y'know it's not fair since I don't have my weapons." He told Sole as she smiled at Eagle.

"That's why I came prepared." She said as she teleported Eagle's hatchet and One edged sword. "Your tomahawk and katana are here." She said as she levitated them towards eagle who smirked as he took his faith full weapons. His tomahawk glowed red then ignited with fire as his sword gleamed a ruby red as it also ignited with red fire. As for Sole, her spear shimmered like Celestia's sun and sparkled like Luna's stars. "So, can we start?"

Sole smirked as she tightly gripped her spear. "You had me at 'we'." Sole admired as the two sprinted towards each other to begin their battle.

Sole took the form as a rabbit with her mana magic as her legs turned to a rabbit's feet, she squatted down and jumped with immense height, almost as tall as the castle. She reappeared in her original form as she brought down her spear and began to fall with momentum growing in her spear with strength. Eagle flinched as he shielded his face with both his weapons as Sole's spear struck Eagle's blockade causing a vast and wide boom causing petals to fly and leaves to pluck off their branches. And from within the castle walls, a certain princess had dropped her cake in surprise causing her to scream in horror. "NOOOOOOOOO!!!! MY CAKE!!!!"

Within the battle, Eagle twirled his tomahawk around as it grew flames, he threw the tomahawk at Sole as it soon turned to a flaming fireball. Sole simply deflected it with her spear, but soon found it flying back towards her causing her to repeatedly deflect the blade as Eagle sat down as he bit down hard on his katana's handle, hard enough to draw cracks on his teeth. He placed his hands together as the shattered glass mana surrounded him as the form of a bear stood behind him, only the bear had red eyes and looked for fierce with spike standing fur. The bear pounced Eagle as he dropped his sword and flinched in pain as his eyes beamed white blue and red markings appeared on his hands, almost like stripes. He stood up and growled like a beast as Sole couldn't focus on him.

Eagle stood, feeling a burning and dark sensation in his heart as he sprinted towards Sole. He jumped as the bear form surrounded his body as he slammed his bear like hands in front of Sole as she flew back a mile screaming in pain. As Eagle heard her scream, his eyes and form snapped back to his normal self as he fell to the ground coughing up blood, almost a pint flew out of his mouth. He shook his head for conscience as he ran towards the direction of which Sole flew. He ran through the thick woods as he found a massive dug in trail, the size of a pony's traveling towards a lake.

Oh Celestia, what if she's drowning!? Eagle panicked as he quickly took off his armor and weapons and jumped in. He opened his eyes to let the stinging sensation of water inside his eyes as he could see air bubbles floating towards the top from the bottom. He desperately swam towards the bottom as he found Sole who was unconscious at the bottom. He wrapped her arms around his neck as he kicked and pedaled hard up towards the surface. As he reached the surface, he pulled her towards the show as he pressed his hands on her chest. He continued as he then pinched her nose, lifted up her chin and attached his mouth to her's to compress air. He released his mouth as he soon repeated his actions for several minutes, hoping she would wake up.


Sole could feel sounding pounding on her chest, it felt a little hard and violent, that was rude of sompony to just do that to the recently deceased. She could taste a strange flavor inside her mouth, something that she has never tasted. It wasn't hay, nor daisies, nor grass, not even eggs. It tasted kind of sweet like candy, but also had some sort of taffy like texture.

The taste she felt almost felt electrifying, but in a good way that she wanted it to continue.

Sole!

A voice, she heard. She's heard it before but she couldn't quite make up who was calling to her. It sounding like an angel, or a knight, maybe both.

Sole wa-!

There was the voice again, though it seemed it couldn't finished what it was trying to say. She listened closely until-

Sole Wake Up!!!

Sole snapped opened her eyes and coughed out cups of water out her mouth. She felt weak and wet as she slowly turned her head to find Eagle knelled down, and panting over her head. "Thank Aunt, oh Thank Aunt. Your alive, I thought you were dead."

"W...w...where are we? What happened?"

"I used 'it' and accidentally blew you into the Everfree forest. And I noticed your drag marks ending up in the river, but I didn't see you surface. So I dove in, pulled you out and gave you CPR, thank Aunt that your alive. I wouldn't know what I'd do if my apprentice died." Eagle said as Sole couldn't believe what he said, did he really say that he cared for her? She blushed deeply and winced her eyes as tears began to dam through. "Sole are you okay?"

"Y-Yes....sir, can.... can you just close your eyes."

"Uh.....sure." Eagle shrugged as he closed his eyes and awaited for Sole's action.

"Keep 'em closed." Sole re informed

"I am."

Sole gulped in fear as she sat up and moved closer towards Eagle's face, and soon to his lips. Do it!

I can't!

Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Sole shook nervously as she puckered her lips and prepared for the moment. She gently placed her lips onto Eagle's soft and wet lips as Eagle's eyes snapped open to the surprise of Sole's action. Sole wrapped her arms around Eagle as he pulled in Eagle for a more sweet and passionate kiss, while Eagle was to put it straight, shocked. After a few seconds, Sole pulled away from Eagle's lips as she looked at Eagle's shock face and turned for the worse. "Oh....s-s-sorry." She began to leak tears as Eagle kept the same expression on his face. "I....I thought you felt the same way." Sole said as she ran off into the distance in tears as Eagle soon got up and gave chase.

"Sole wait! I-" But it was too late as Sole soon teleported to Celestia knows where. Eagle stood there motionless, sitting on the cold grass of the forest, it felt cold, like his heart. He gave a heavy sigh as he walked towards the pool and looked at his own reflection. His face, sadden with hidden truths, lies, skill, and pasts that aren't pretty. Do I feel the same way about her?

Was all he could ask to himself.

Author's Note:

Yep, the first kiss.