• Published 21st Apr 2013
  • 968 Views, 62 Comments

Being Trapped in Stone is DULL! - Jioplip



Discord is bored, so he decides to share with the kind voices that may or may not be in his head.

  • ...
1
 62
 968

This Dullness Was Supposed To Focus On Something Elite...

Oh come on Rarity, grow a backbone, it really is nothing, in fact, it's not even the best available room, it's the suite nopony wants for crying ou-

Hi it's me again, I'm trying to think of ways to free u, the triangles didn't work, nor did the skull. Maybe if I took a jackhammer to ur stone encased body? I thought I ask first because I last thing I want to do is kill u. Also hold these blocks for me if u can see them. ▦▧▨▩▤
Thanks sincerely
Deflem1

Wha- Deflem? What? How did your message even pop up here?

...And now there are blocks on the ground. I'm not sure if you mean for these to free me, but I don't think it's working, as for your question I- SWEET MOTHER OF CREATION!


Rarity continued to kiss Celestia's hooves, thanking her perhaps more than was strictly necessary.

Just as Celestia was about to assure the prissy prostrating pony that her adulations were unnecessary and that it was a matter of little import, she was interrupted by the most angular-sounding explosion to ever rock Equestria.

The force of the explosion would have knocked Rarity to the ground if she'd retained any dignity, and it most definitely knocked the overencumbered pimply unicorn to the ground, though he thankfully had no dignity to lose.

Celestia ran to the window, allowing a moment of fear to spread to her features, as she looked down towards the smoking crater that was once Discord's stony prison.

"No." Celestia rarely felt true fear, as she had several millenia worth of experience to back up her rule and wisdom, but the thought of Discord overcoming the Elements of Harmony nearly stopped her dead.

"Princess," Rarity began earnestly, "what's going on?"

"There's no time to explain," Celestia charged her radiant magic, preparing to teleport, "just stay here until I send word!"

And with that, the Sun Princess disappeared in a brilliant flash of shimmering incandescent glowing spectral shining ethereal energy, leaving the two terrified and dignity-less unicorns to sit and wonder fearfully of their fates.

For some reason, it didn't occur to either of them to simply look out the window, but if they had, then they'd have seen Celestia appearing in her overwrought lightshow and joining with her Royal Guard near the crater.

Well, one Royal Guard anyway.

"Guard, tell me what's happening, has Discord escaped once more?"

"Fear not milady," the guard saluted, seemingly not affected by Celestia's inability to identify his rank, "I have located the Main Villain, and he has only moved fourteen-point-eight feet from his previous position."

The guard (Celestia wracked her brain for his name, something to do with walls) pointed just past the crater, where Discord's statue prison was smoking and covered in soot. And on it's side. And is it just me, or does it smell like burnt popcorn?

"Oh."


I think this is what pain feels like!

I need a moment or six to recover from that...

Narrater! Go bring the readers something interesting!

Are you sure?

Yes, I'm sure, I'm in horrible pain, now just go exposit after the next line break!


Well that was sudden, and now prepare yourselves dear reader, for SLICE OF LIFE COMEDY!

...Except not, maybe if this fic ever gets a spinoff, but until then, enjoy the continued adventures of Tricky Strings and Loaded Dice!


We rejoin our heroes at the top of the freezing mountain range. Tensions are running high as the strenuous events of the past few days have taken their toll.

"Tricky," Loaded Dice was huddled next to the unlit fire pit, as Tricky Dice attempted to get a blaze going by twisting a stick around with his hooves, "what exactly are you hoping to accomplish?"

"Oh Loaded, Loaded," Tricky smiled a winning smile despite the frost building up on his coat, "I, of course, am creating fire with good old Earth Pony ingenuity."

"Is that so?"

"Absolutely!"

Loaded sighed as Tricky went back to trying to start a fire.

"Well my Earth Pony ingenuity is telling me that you can't start a fire with WET WOOD!"

Loaded's scream echoed about the mountain threateningly, as if harbinging some sort of doom.

Tricky looked first at his panting companion, then at the soaked wood he'd been attempting to create fire from, and then back again to Loaded.

"You have a very good point there, a very good point."

"Wha- that's it?" Loaded began to look angry as he continued, "I have a 'point'? I have a 'point' now, and not earlier, with the Diamond Dogs? I have a 'point' now, and not when we were being chased up the mountain by Timberwolves?" By this 'point' Loaded was shouting, and Tricky was backing up defensively.

"Woah, woah, woah," Tricky stuck his hooves out in a steriotypical 'defensive' posture, "where is this coming from all of a sudden?"

"All of a sudden? This entire situation is your fault! It was your idea to go into the woods, your idea to hide in the caves, and your oh so brilliant idea to use all of our matches to fend off the Diamond Dogs!"

"Oh, so this is my fault now is it?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact, it is!"

"Oh, because it's not like we were ever on this adventure in the first place because you were trying to impress Ringshine?"

"Oh come off it, even if I set the ball rolling it's you who pushed it off the cliff!"

"Oh, and you just want to up and forget that you were the one who disturbed the Timberwolves AND the Diamond Dogs!"

Our heroes quarreling soon grew so loud, that they failed to hear the rumbling of the mountain, and as a result, they weren't aware of the avalanche until it was already upon them.

Tossed and turned by the mountain snow, will our heroes survive the trip down the mountain? And even if they do, will their friendship make it out intact? Find out next time, on the continuing adventures of: Tricky Strings and Loaded Dice!


Well that was uncomfortable.

And to answer your earlier question Deflem, all a jackhammer would accomplish would be sending me into a great amount of agony, which brings me to a question of my own...

WHY DID THE CUBES EXPLODE?

I can't think of a single logic...al... rea...

Oh mother, oh no no no no....

It's starting to affect my mind, the Elements of Harmony must have done more than I thought...

Even if I'm lucky this will still mean that I've been brought down to normal cognitive levels until I'm freed, but if I'm not lucky...

Oh please tell me somepony has a distraction to take the edge off.

the 2 is there because the_Changeling_Prince_1 was already taken.
I've been looking around the multiverse, and I've noticed that while your essential personality doesn't change, you are slightly different in Chaos levels, ranging from simple prankster to Evil overlord who completely corrupts ponies when bored.

Ah, my dear correspondent, so good to hear back from you. Thanks for clearing up the name issue, it must be quite a hassle to find a unique name in the multiverse, which probably explains why all of you have such strange ones.

And thank you also for bringing this information about myselves to me, it's almost interesting to distract me from the feeling of my head splitting down the middle.

Joyous, now let's see who else has written to me lately.

First off I have been wondering what the history behind poison joke is, it seems like a somewhat chaotic plant so I would assume your powers are involved in it somewhere.
Secondly, Have you ever attempted time travel? And if so what would be the best way to go about doing it?

First off, hello The_invisable_changeling, it's good to have such interesting questions to answer.

Ah Poisen Joak, of course, you're using the modern spelling, but the original name always held a special place in my heart.

Yes, Poisen Joak was one of my finest creations, a plant magicked to have a sense of humour, of all things, and it turned out beautifully.

As for time travel, I've tried it, it hurts.

As for if it's possible, I'd say probably, but the pain of temporal displacement makes it hardly worth it.

I'd suggest not attempting time travel at all, really.

Now then, who else has written to me?

1.What do you know about starswirl the bearded? I have heard rumors that you are him.
2. How are rainbows made?
Sorry if I have any mistakes in my questions. English is not my mother language.

Well, rannu, Starswirl was an interesting pony.

Obsessed with the acquisition of knowledge, he sealed himself off from society. He believed that if he could isolate the origin of 'destiny' then he could achieve magical effects beyond imagining, and it was to that end he tried to harness the magic of Chaos, a bold move, but as I was sealed in stone at the time, I couldn't exactly do anything about it.

Of course, he was never able to achieve his goal, his life gave out as he was attempting to refine his method of accessing Chaos.

That should also put to rest any crazy ideas about me being Starswirl, not that I'm sure how that theory got started.

As for how rainbows are made, it's not very interesting, some sort of Pegasus Device is used to extract and refine pure colour, they have some sort of technical term for it, but I never learned the exact methods.

And no worries about your questions, I wouldn't have been able to tell english wasn't your first question if you hadn't mentioned it.

Well, that wasn't too bad, in retrospect, and the soreness is mostly gone now, so I suppose I'm signing off now, I will speak to you all later.


"So, this is what you've been working on for the past month."

"Y-yes, Milord, I-I believe you'll b-be pleased with m-my r-results."

"There's no need to be so nervous Recursive, I have the utmost confidence in your abilities."

"O-of course, King Somnus," Recursive Angles wasn't the most confident of ponies, but he was the King's favourite court magician, "now, if m-my theory is correct, this mirror should be able to transfer physical matter to another location instantaneously, a-as long as we calibrate a recieving device somewhere else in Equestria."

"Fascinating," the King's flat tone contradicted his words, he was never the brightest of ponies, and despite being a unicorn, he wasn't very adept at the intricacies of magic, "but what does it mean for the Empire?"

"W-well, M-Milord, if we can perfect the process, we should be able to move us to any location in the world without expending any magical energy."

"I see," the King grinned menacingly, his voice becoming nearer to a growl, "tell me more, Recursive."

Author's Note:

Hello!

Special thanks to everyone who Discord responded to in the comments!

Now then, for anyone who can point out the references I made, the highest reward of metaphorical cookies will be given to you!

And the mysterious award of vagueness will go to the first person who reveals the origin of Tricky Strings and Loaded Dice.