• Published 21st Apr 2013
  • 968 Views, 62 Comments

Being Trapped in Stone is DULL! - Jioplip



Discord is bored, so he decides to share with the kind voices that may or may not be in his head.

  • ...
1
 62
 968

Socialized Dullness

Ah... a fresh new day with fresh new CORRESPONDENCE!

Firstly, in response to... toa697? Is that supposed to be lowercase? And what's the deal with the numbers? You people have such strange names, but I digress.

In response to your suggestion of beating up my foes with cats... do you mean cats in a sack or out of one? Because the last thing I need is to get scratched by my own weapon. But if they're in a sack it should be fine.

Moving onto my next piece of correspondence from... the_Changeling_Prince_2? Odd, Changelings don't have princes in this world, your universe's Changelings must have a distinct social order from the ones in my universe.

Moving on to your question however, I can understand your confusion at the concept of your mother taking orders from me, as she likely wouldn't. And while I don't know how your Changeling species came about, mine are my single greatest creation. Monsters that devour love, turning it into raw destructive power.

Now, considering your royal status, it's clear that you're species is quite different from my Changelings, so from here on, I'll refer to my Changelings as Swarm, and yours as Royals.

My Swarm act under a hive mind, with the colony's drones possessing a direct link with their Queen, which is the only member of the Swarm to have any free will or independent thought.

The Swarm's most interesting feature however, is their inability to feel love, or in fact, any form of affection, unfortunately this means that they're terrible at actually mimicing ponies, whose entire existence seems to be based on loving one another, disgusting really.

Now while this seemed to invalidate their original purpose as infiltrators at first, I had the stroke of genius to give them the power to manipulate the minds of ponies, a power much like my own Gainsboro spell, which you may recall me using to split apart the elements of harmony.

The downside however, is that only the Queen can use the mind control spell, and I've tried making more than one Queen, all that accomplished was the Swarm turning on itself in a bloody civil war.

So, getting back to your original question, the Swarm that I created are not the same as your Royal race. But despite the Swarm's relative uselessness, they're all I have left at this point.

Now then, aside from today's correspondence it was mostly uneventful, Rarity competed in a race with her sister to make up for a fight, and... Well like I said, uneventful.

Oh well, I got to speak with interdimensional royalty, exposit about my universe's Changeling race, give the Swarm a snazzy new nickname, and I even cleared up my stance on using cats as clubs. I may not have sung a song, but I'd say it was a good day.

And on that note, dear sirs, madams, and beings of miscellaneous or combined genders, I bid you adieu.

Author's Note:

WEEEE!

So... is it just me or are my chapters kinda short? Ah well!

Big shout-out to the_Changeling_Prince_2 whose comment prompted the majority of this chapter's content, go check him out.

Also, I apologize for the lack of anything particularly meaningful in regards to story, but Sisterhooves Social has about zero impact on this fic's plot.

Anyway, as always, Discord is eager to hear from you, and he's very lonely, so drop him a question or comment, even if you don't think it's relevant, your comments are my single source of inspiration for this fic, so please fire away!