• Published 21st Apr 2013
  • 3,902 Views, 131 Comments

Dysphoria - Owlor



Pinkamena Diane Pie escaped from the Canterlot Prison for the Mentally Unbalanced, shaking the very foundations of Equestria, but what happens now?

  • ...
10
 131
 3,902

Further Evidence #2

Further Evidence #2

Year 2 of the Second Diarchy. 21st of First Ember - 08:36

Report number-Incident number: 2C-436
County: Ponyville
Location: Scroll Lane, 158
Building: Ponyville Police Department

Reporting officer: Buckshot.

Pony-Cutie Mark-Coat color(s)-Mane and tail color(s):
Buckshot-One (1) black crosshair-Light-gray-Auburn
Applejack-Three (3) Pacific Roses-Orange-Blonde

Notes: Subject is a well known national hero. Former Element of Honesty.

CONFIDENTIAL TAPED STATEMENT TRANSCRIPTION.

Applejack: Heya, partner!

Buckshot: Hello, Mrs. Applejack.

AJ: Oh, shucks. Now don’t you go calling me that none. Still got plenty apple bucking years ahead of me. Just Applejack will do, sugarc—partner.

BS: Applejack, then. Pause. Applejack, I’d like to talk about Apple Bloom.

AJ: Pause. I was afraid you were gonna ask that.

BS: Just. Pause. Did it ever occur to you that your sister. Pause. You know.

AJ: Of course not! She was such a sweet little filly. Pause. Had nice friends, always helped out on the farm, nothing but kind and respectful to her family. Silence.

BS: Do you respect your family?

AJ: More than anything else. Family above all things; that’s what my granny always says.

BS: Could you describe the relationship between your sister and Pinkamena Pie?

AJ: I don’t know! I don’t know if she looked up to her, wanted to be like her, feared her or what the hay was going on!

BS: I see. Silence.

AJ: Pinkie was my friend. One of my best friends. I never thought she’d do such a thing. Not just what she did to Apple Bloom. What she did to everypony.

BS: That’s an interesting way of putting things, miss. Talking about the prospect of a family member getting in trouble in the same terms as ponies being brutally murdered.

AJ: Now listen here, you have no right to talk to me or about my family like this! I am the Element of Hone—

BS: Former Element of Honesty! That’s what it is saying on my report. With three of the elements dead, Harmony has disappeared. I’m sorry to say, but you can no longer claim that status any more than Pinkie can claim to be the Element of Laughter.

AJ: I don’t like your tone, mister!

BS: Let’s just look at the facts here. Apple Bloom has joined with Equestria’s most infamous serial killer and, so far, neither her sister nor anypony from her family has been killed. And you stated yourself that you respect family more than anything else.

AJ: You... You think I was protecting her? She might have had a hoof in—might have killed some ponies, and you think I was protecting her?

- After a moment of silence, subject starts crying.

BS: Applejack, I need you to know one thing. I respected you as an Element of Honesty. I still respect you; I did not become a cop to see truth get tarnished, y’know? We used to be in the same business you and I, protecting Equestria. Tell me, Applejack, do you still want to protect Equestria?

AJ: Pause. Yes?

BS: Are you willing to give me any information that could lead to the arrest of Pinkamena Pie, even though it could incriminate your sister?

AJ: Long pause. Yes.

BS: Silence. Well, go on.

AJ: I—I don’t know of it will be useful, but once she came into my room because she couldn’t sleep, I thought maybe her classmates had been teasing her again, but I never asked. I just let her cry and told her to get some sleep. That hopefully she’d feel better tomorrow. If I had asked, maybe she’d have told me— Maybe she’d have told me that. Pause. Please, I can’t do this!

- Subject’s sobs become more frequent and louder.

BS: Has any of her friends. Paper shuffling. Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle told ever told you something? Anything.

AJ: Pause. No. Pause. You’d have to ask Rarity and Rainb-

- Subject’s cries intensify.

BS: Could you describe the relationship between Apple Bloom and her two friends?

AJ: They were always sharing smiles and having fun together. Subject sniffs. Why, I remember when they once tried their cutie marks in timberwolf taming. I’ve never been so furious, so angry with her in all my life. With all of them. But mostly I was just relieved she was back home safe and unharmed.

BS: Do you think Apple Bloom’s obsession with cutie marks has something to do with it? I mean, from the sound of it, she had some. Pause. Risky ideas.

AJ: I don’t know. Yes, she always had a thing for getting her cutie mark, but I always brushed it off like some sort of filly thing. Sometimes I’d get so mad at her. Sometimes. Subject sniffs. I’d—I’ll. Pause. Now I’ll never see my sister ever again.

BS: Alright, let’s end it here. Ms. Applejack, thank you for your time and patience. Pause. Do you need a glass of water?

AJ: Long pause. No. Thank you kindly sugarc—partner. Pause. I just wanna go home.