• Published 21st Apr 2013
  • 3,901 Views, 131 Comments

Dysphoria - Owlor



Pinkamena Diane Pie escaped from the Canterlot Prison for the Mentally Unbalanced, shaking the very foundations of Equestria, but what happens now?

  • ...
10
 131
 3,901

Further Evidence #1

Further Evidence #1

The following is a confidential recording taken during the investigation into Pinkamena Diane Pie’s escape from The Mental Health institute. The subject, NAME WITHHELD, listed as a unicorn, occupied a cell adjacent to Ms. Pie’s isolation habitat. The recording was done by a pegasus psychologist named Sherbet West.

NOTE: The following report is confidential and its circulation without the knowledge or consent of the Canterlot Police and the Canterlot Criminalistics Department is expressly forbidden. Anypony found in possession of this document or the audio log faces imprisonment or more extreme punishment.

Tape recorder turns on. The sounds of motion are captured for a moment until a chair squeals from someone sitting down. In the background, a nervous whimpering can be heard, punctuated with crescendos of fear.

W/H- Let me go back, doctor... I’m expecting a package from The Savior.

Dr. West- Alright, Mr. WITHHELD, let’s just calm down and have a nice little chat about the months before your “savior’s” escape.

W/H- No! You can’t know... she’ll never forgive me. She won’t help me!

Dr. West- Why won’t she help you if you talk to me? We’re just friends having a conversation.

W/H- Sh—she said, if I told she wouldn’t send me her magics. She won’t send them, doctor!

Dr. West- Alright then, we won’t talk about her. What do you need help with that requires magic?

W/H- The voices... I can’t sleep. They tell me to do things. They want me to pull my mane out. The Flambers need it. That’s what they say.

Dr. West- Flambers? What are they?

W/H- Those who dwell outside... you know. Of our reality. The realm beyond? The scorching world?

Dr. West- I... see. And what do they need with your mane?

W/H- Not just MY mane, doctor. Everyone’s mane. They build their starships out of them. Their world is quite devoid of... hair.

Dr. West- And how does the magic help?

W/H- Not magic. Magics! She... she said her magics would make the voices stop. If they would stop I could... leave. I could go home again. See my family.

Dr. West- Now, Mr. WITHHELD You killed your family. Do you remember? You skinned them alive and—

W/H- NO! I SAVED THEM! The Flambers were threatening to take them away. I couldn’t... Sobbing breaks his words. They would... have... them. I saved them from their treachery! The HORRORS they will bring about on this world! THE HORROR, DOCTOR! THEIR RUBBERY GELATINOUS BODIES DISPLAY THEIR VICTIMS! I... couldn’t see my beautiful children’s faces in their bloated bellies. Do you understand?

Dr. West- I understand; we’re getting off topic. How would the magics stop the voices?

W/H- They feed through me. I’m a gateway for them to this world. If I ate the magics, it would contaminate their plane. They can’t survive you see, not the magics. They would be silent because they would all be dead, doctor. Strange giggling.

Dr. West- And the Savior promised you the magics for remaining quiet about her escape?

W/H- Not for being quiet. For being her subject. For listening. For following, just like all gods request of their devoted. She is the unicorn of mercy. Our only hope against the Flambers. She fights them now. She’s our only hope. She’s going to close the gateway inside of me.

Dr. West- I see. How did you come into contact with her?

W/H- Biding my time. Feeding their wishes. Giving them hair to make them quiet for a short time.

Dr. West- Where were you getting hair and how did you send it to them? Please explain.

W/H- My body. I told you! My body is a gateway. What I eat is sent to their world.

Dr. West- How did you get hair in your cell?

W/H- The rats had made several holes in the walls. Sometimes they would come out at night... and... the Flambers would tell me to eat them. Their fur was a favorite tool.

Dr. West- You ate live rats?

W/H- Yes... I had to. The voices would keep me awake if I didn’t! They may have even tried to come through the portal. A moment passes with some grumbling murmurs I know she’s doing her best, but I wish she would hurry. I’m afraid they will try to come through soon. They may know about her. I can’t let them know.

Dr. West- Is that why you won’t talk about her?

W/H- Yes. They’ll hear me. They’ll prepare for her.

Dr. West- Did they not hear her when she spoke to you before?

W/H- She pushed little notes through the rat hole. They can only hear what I hear, not know my thoughts. They aren’t listening now, but they could! With only a moment’s notice they could tune in to our world. I can’t talk about the Savior, doctor. Not if I want to destroy the portal inside of me.

Dr. West- Did she tell you she planned to escape?

W/H- She said she would be able to help me once she escaped...

Dr. West- Why did she contact you?

W/H- She needed the key.

Dr. West- What key?

W/H- The key to her room. She said her magic was too weak and she couldn’t break out without it.

Dr. West- And how did you get the key from the guards?

W/H- Guards? No... no no no no no! She needed a special key. One that once lived.

Dr West- What do you mean?

W/H- I snapped my horn off and slid it through the rat hole. She promised to give me her magics if I did.

Dr. West- You willingly gave up your ability to use magic? You understand it was all just a ruse to help her escape, right?

W/H- No! She is a powerful unicorn!

Dr. West- She’s not even a unicorn. She’s an earth pony.

W/H- She told me they would send someone to tell me that. To stop her. A rough growl is heard.

Dr. West- They who?

W/H- You know damn well who! Your masters! The Flambers! She said they had spies here. Now I know why you doctors keep me locked up! It’s too late! She already sent the first magics in a cupcake! There will be more! You didn’t think to check an innocent pastry! Your people are sick and dying from the first magics! You won’t bring them through me! YOU WON’T!

The sounds of furniture being knocked around and scuffling fills the tape. Growling, sickly wet thudding noises, and cries for help can be heard until the sounds of many other ponies securing the screaming unicorn echo as the recorder is turned off.