• Published 5th Apr 2013
  • 2,254 Views, 353 Comments

Replacing Scootaloo - I am not a Dalek



Apple Bloom invites a Pegasus to the club house and Scootaloo begins to feel like she's being replaced.

  • ...
5
 353
 2,254

The Truth Comes Out

Chapter 17- The Truth Comes Out

Rainbow Dash listens intently as I tell her everything that has been going on between Cloud Chaser and I. Although I feel like a complete snitch, it feels as if a whole weight has been lifted off of my chest.

"Well, this morning when we were out shopping for supplies and Cloud Chaser came over to me and... Well, he kissed me because he wanted Apple Bloom to get mad at me," I frown slightly, feeling disgusted with myself for sharing a kiss with that jerk. "When we got to Sugar Cube Corner, well some things did happen by accident, I swear! It's just, he went to kiss Apple Bloom and I kicked him so it wouldn't happen because I know that he's just using her. I didn't mean to spill over his drink or anything but then he pounced at me and I had to fight him. He was hurting Apple Bloom without her even knowing it, I couldn't let that happen."

At some point throughout my story telling, tears began to run down my cheeks, leaving a damp trail in its wake. Rainbow Dash looks at me, her rosy eyes full of concern as she gently reaches out a wing and brushes away the falling tears. I sniffle, and look away, full of embarrassment.

Rainbow Dash stays silent for a few moments before looking at me with those worrying eyes, it made it hard to look at her. "Do you want me to talk to him?"

I shake my head in fear of Cloud Chaser threatening me and calling me a snitch, or worse. Maybe it'll just be better to leave it and stay away from them all. That way, I won't be hurting Apple Bloom either.

"Well, at least let me talk to Applejack so she knows what's going on. After all, Apple Bloom is her sister and there's a risk of her getting hurt in this mess that Cloud Chaser has created," Rainbow Dash says gently, instantly making me feel guilty.

How could I not think of Apple Bloom in all of this? She's gonna get hurt, no matter what I do. I don't know why, but Cloud Chaser is using her. Even if I do run away from this mess, it won't help Apple Bloom.

Reluctantly, I look at Rainbow and quietly say, "Okay, you can tell Applejack."

Rainbow Dash smiles and ruffles my mane, causing me to blush and squirm. "Good girl," she whispers before climbing to her hooves and pulling me onto her back.

Sighing sadly, I wrap my hooves tightly around her neck and cling on, waiting for her to lift off and fly to Sweet Apple Acres. Maybe Applejack will want to talk to Cloud Chaser herself, what will I do then? He'll call me a snitch and make things even worse.

However, now that Rainbow is aware of what has been going on, she'll be able to help me. I hope.

As Rainbow lifts off, I can't help but worry about what is to come. I thought I had finally escaped the pain and fear caused by Cloud Chaser, I thought the Cutie Mark Crusaders could finally become one again. It seems like I was wrong. I know that Cloud Chaser is plotting something and I know it's going to be bad, but I can't do anything about it. If I had it my way, I would make sure he was banished from the Cutie Mark Crusaders permanently. But, he's managed to worm his way into our club through Apple Bloom and make her fall for him head over hooves. Even if we kick him out, Apple Bloom will most likely follow him without a second thought.

Sweet Apple Acres begins to grow larger before us, and Rainbow begins to descend towards the Apple family home. The home seems to be quiet except for the soft clattering of dishes in the kitchen. Hopping off her back, I follow as Rainbow Dash walks forward and knocks on the door firmly. After a few moments of silence, the door opens revealing a rather flustered Applejack.

"Howdy, Rainbow, Ah'm awful sorry but Ah'm really busy right now..." Applejack says, before turning to close the door.

Rainbow reaches a hoof out to stop her, before urgently saying, "No, AJ, this is really important. Can I talk to you, please?"

Applejack looks between Rainbow and I, before nodding slowly, a look of worry begins to spread across her face. "Um, sure... Come on in Rainbow."

Both mares begin to walk into the Apple family's kitchen.

Rainbow turns to face me. "Wait outside, squirt."

I groan loudly, ready to protest before biting my lips knowing it would be futile. I turn away and sit outside the kitchen door. Rainbow should know me well enough to know that I'm definitely going to listen in, no matter what she does about it. Once the door has been fully shut, I climb to my hooves and creep over to the door, gently pushing my ear up against the smooth wood.

"So what was it y'all wanted to talk 'bout, RD?" Applejack asks.

"I don't really know how to put this, so I'm just gonna tell you straight, AJ... Cloud Chaser has been messing around with Apple Bloom. He's leading her on and I know that she'll only end up getting hurt." Rainbow's voice is dull and quiet. "He's hurting Scoots already and he has been since he came. I can't let this go on any longer."

I step back from the door in shock. Does she really care this much about me? Muffled voices come from the door again so I return to my position and begin to listen in again.

"What do ya mean? Cloud Chaser is a good lad, he's kind." I can hear the frown in Applejack's voice.

"That fight in Sugar Cube Corner, was because he kissed Scootaloo, he's trying to push her out of the Crusaders. Apple Bloom thinks that he's in love with her. AJ, you know how much she's fallen for him." Rainbow's voice is softer, gentler. It's obvious that Applejack is struggling with the news.

Applejack is silent for a moment, and the tension begins to build in the air.

Finally, the farm pony speaks again, "I gotta stop Apple Bloom from talkin' ta him. I can't let him hurt her like this." Her voice begins to grow in anger and hoofsteps come towards the door.

I jump back and return to my seat, pretending that I've been there the whole time. Applejack's face is dark with anger as she gallops out of the house in the direction of the Cutie Mark Crusaders clubhouse.

Rainbow Dash places me on her back before racing after Applejack. "AJ, wait!" she calls, "don't do anything rash!"
We come to a halt a little bit away from the clubhouse as we watch Applejack storm up the ramp before yelling at Cloud Chaser.

"Get off of my land, now!" she shouts.

"Applejack, what're ya talkin' about?" Apple Bloom asks her sister. "Don't kick Chase out, he ain't done nothin' wrong!"

Applejack glowers at her younger sister before pushing a confused Cloud Chaser down the ramp. "Ah don't wanna see y'all around my sister or her friends. Apple Bloom, don't ya go near that colt, ya hear?"

Tears fill Apple Blooms eyes. "Applejack, don't do this! He ain't done nothin'!"

Instantly, I begin to feel guilty. It's my fault; I'm the one who's caused this. Apple Bloom is hurting because of me.

Apple Bloom pushes past Applejack and chases after Cloud Chaser, who is slowly walking away with his head down.

"Apple Bloom!" Applejack says sternly. "Get your flank over here, now."

Apple Bloom freezes at the sound of her older sister's voice; I can see it in her eyes that she knows not to push it. She walks back towards Applejack, dragging her hooves as she goes.

"Ah'm sorry, hun, but that colt ain't nothin' but bad news." She gently ruffles Apple Bloom's mane. "Now, why don't y'all go crusading with Scoots and Sweetie?"

Apple Bloom glances up and looks at me with hurt in her eyes. I flinch, looking away slightly, knowing that she's blaming me for all of this. I can tell, just from her look that she's thinking: It's you who did this. You're the worst friend. I hate you.

"No thank ya, sis. Crusading ain't the same without Chase. Ah think Ah'll hit the hay. Night." Apple Bloom says, her voice dull as she drags her hooves, disappearing into the forest.

Applejack turns to face Rainbow and I. "Thank y'all for letting me know. But it hurts ta see my little sis hurting like that. Ah should go check on her, goodnight." She tips her hat at us before running off in the same direction as her younger sister.

"Come on, Scoots, let's go home." Rainbow Dash pauses, as if contemplating whether or not to ask me something. "If Cloud Chaser continues to bother you, you have to promise me that you'll let me know, okay?"

Carefully, I wrap my hooves around Rainbow's neck and nod into her soft multicoloured mane. "I promise, Dash."

Finally, I hear the soft thump of Rainbow stretching out her wings and we begin to fly over Ponyville, back to the place I wish I could call "home".

Author's Note:

Hey guys! This took a while! I had an awfully bad writers block, so it took me ages to write this. I had to think about how Applejack would react in a situation like this and also I had to decide whether Rainbow would go to Cloud Chaser herself, or stay with Scoots...
Anyway, I'm heading off to Ireland on Tuesday (I think) but I will be back before the 22nd (My GCSE Results day, Celestia help me... -.-)
So yeah! Until next time guys! Look forward to the next chapter, It's going to be... interesting!
<3