• Published 5th Apr 2013
  • 2,253 Views, 353 Comments

Replacing Scootaloo - I am not a Dalek



Apple Bloom invites a Pegasus to the club house and Scootaloo begins to feel like she's being replaced.

  • ...
5
 353
 2,253

Help Arrives

Chapter 21- Help Arrives

Dear Babs,

Applejack here, I was wondering if you could come down to Ponyville for a few weeks before school starts because I'm sure Apple Bloom and the other girls would love to see you. That and, well, they've been going through a rough patch and I think it'd be helpful if they had another friend to help.

I've already discussed this with your ma and pa so you don't need to worry. See you soon.

Love, AJ xx

Staring at the letter for what may be the twentieth time, I blink away the fatigue from my eyes and frowned. What could be so important that Applejack needs me to come down to help? Worry gnaws at the back of my mind as the train to Ponyville wobbles and clatters against the tracks.

I wonder what Applejack meant by a "rough patch". Did she mean the other girls had an argument? Or did one of them get hurt? Are they all okay?

Questions raced through my mind as I anxiously trot around the carriage. Other ponies sharing this rather small space with me shoot angry glances at me or quietly tut under their breath. Since I'm too worried about my fellow crusaders, I just roll my eyes and shrug off the complaints.

My eyes shoot over to the window, trees blur past us as the train zooms through Equestria. I climb up my seat and notice Ponyville station getting bigger and bigger in the distance. My heart suddenly begins to pound as I prepare myself for the worst. Things could be absolutely awful and I'd be expected to fix it all.

The train squeals as the breaks activate and the carriage jolts to a stop. I stumble slightly, before swiftly grabbing my saddlebag with my mouth and throwing it over my back. Ponies move swiftly around me, pushing me out of the way. I sigh and mumble underneath my breath as I wait for the crowd to die down before I make an attempt to get off the train.

I glance around the station cautiously, hoping to see the Cutie Mark Crusaders standing together on the platform waiting for me. My heart drops when I find only Applejack with a sad smile across her face.

"Hey Babs, how're ya doin'?" she asks almost defensively, like she was bracing herself for this conversation.

"I'm fine... But what 'bout Apple Bloom?" I answer. Applejack winces slightly but I maintain my straightforward demeanor.

She glances around nervously. "Well, th' Cutie Mark Crusaders broke up, it seems..."

I freeze. Is she being serious? Why, what happened? They were the best of friends last time I was here!

"Where's Apple Bloom?" I ask urgently. I need to figure out what's going on.

"In her room, she came back from her, uh, friend's house just before Ah came t' pick ya up but—" I start running before AJ can finish her sentence.

I run as fast as I can, ignoring her calls as I sprint towards Sweet Apple Acres. Big Mac is sitting under a tree eating an apple and he calls out to me but I ignore him as well, I need to get to Apple Bloom. I need to find out why everything has gone so wrong.

The front door of the house is slightly ajar and I push it open to find Granny Smith in the kitchen. She turns around in shock at my loud entrance.

"Oh, Babs! How lovely t' see you. Apple Bloom really needs ya right now," she says.

I nod, "Hey Granny, I'm gonna go up 'n see her now."

Without waiting for a response, I run up the stairs. Once I'm upstairs I walk up to Apple Bloom's door and gently knock. After a few moments I hear Apple Bloom's voice, thick with tears, calling me in.

"Hey, how're ya doin'?" I say and sit beside her.

Apple Bloom looks at me with tears in her eyes. "Oh Babs, Ah've ruined everything."

"I'm sure ya didn't... What happened?"

"Well, Ah met a colt named Cloud Chaser and he's the nicest pony Ah've ever met... But Scoots didn't seem t' like 'em very much... And she became distant... But then she said that Chase kissed her, but she was only sayin' that cos she hates him! Now AJ is stoppin' me from seeing him but he's a good pony Babs, he is!" She sobs hysterically.

I glance around awkwardly, not know what to say or who to believe. "Maybe you should trust Scoots though. You two have been best friends for a long time... Maybe dis Cloud Chaser ain't all he's made out to be."

"A-Ah'm startin' t' believe that too, when Ah'm sittin' here alone Ah think about it all and begin t' think that Scoots would never want t' hurt me... But when Ah'm wit' him it all changes, and Ah don't want him t' leave me. Ah don't know what t' do, Babs." She falls into my side and throws her forelegs around me, her tears dampening my fur.

"Ah didn't mean t' break us all up. That was th' last thing Ah wanted," she mumbled.

I nod and stroke her mane comfortingly. "Maybe we should meet up with 'dem all and sort it out?"

"But what about Chase? Ah still don't know..." Apple Bloom sniffles.

"Well, if you're starting to doubt 'em then... I dunno, I can't tell you what to do with your emotions, cuz. Trust your instincts... If you really want I can go and see 'em, see what he's like?" I suggest, maybe I'll be able to get an impartial opinion of him?

She nods slightly, her tears finally subsiding.

"Okay, I'mma go, on my way back, I'll look for t' other girls, a'right?" I continue gently untangling myself from Apple Bloom's embrace.

Slowly, I walk downstairs, lost in thought. How long has this been going on for? Why is Applebloom ignoring everyone else 'cept me? Maybe it's because I'm not involved, or maybe because I'm her cousin she trusts... But then again, she trusted Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo as well. Something else must have happened for Scootaloo to distance herself from the others...

Before I know it I'm already in Ponyville's town square and I spot a rainbowed-mane, cyan Pegasus carrying a sobbing filly on her back.

"Scoots!" I call out and run towards the pair.

Rainbow Dash stops and glances towards me, prepared to stop anyone from talking to the crying filly on her back.

"Oh, hey Babs. I didn't think you'd get down to Ponyville so quick..." Rainbow says and glances back at Scootaloo in concern.

"Yeh, well once I heard that things weren't going so well I had to get down here quick... Do you mind if I talk to Scootaloo for a moment?" I ask.

Scootaloo looks up at me, her eyes red with tears. "Sure Babs, what's up?"

"Well, I was wondering if you and Sweetie wanna meet us at the Clubhouse in a bit, she's really upset." I glance at Dash and see a worried look spread across her face, but it's gone in a millisecond.

Scootaloo frowns for a moment before nodding cautiously. "Okay, sure... I'll go get Sweetie Belle I guess."

"A'right, well, while you're doin' dat, I'll go find dis Cloud Chaser guy. D'you know where he's gonna be?" I ask, glancing around.

The two ponies give me quick directions to his home before we go our separate ways. Hopefully everything will work out in the end. I hate seeing everyone fighting.

Author's Note:

Hey guys!
Sorry for taking so long! A lot has been going on over here, what with exams and stuff. Hopefully I will be updating a bit more but I can't make any promises just yet!
Thanks for all your support though!
<3

Comments ( 17 )

Yes! I've been waiting for an update forever!!
... I'm gonna read the story now!

4616878 yeahh sorry it took so long! :applejackunsure: I had an awful lot going on so I had to take a break! I hope you enjoy though! :pinkiehappy:

4616887 I hope I enjoy it too, I mean this story is amazing so I problably enjoy it, but the long wait doesn't matter, everyone has a live and they do what they want, exept if it's illegal, you shouldn't do anything illegal..

Yay! I'm so proud you got featured <3

It lives! I love it still.

Yay! An update, glad to hear everything's getting better for you.

4616923 Haha thank you ^.^ Even though it was for two minutes <3


4616944 Thank you for sticking by me from the beginning! You're honestly a big part of why I'm still writing this so thank you! :trollestia:

4616967 Thank you! I hope you enjoy the update! :twilightblush:

not bad it was good^^

It is an amazing chapter!

4617023 Aw, welcome :) I'm honored :D

It's great to see an update for this story, it's been so long! I can't wait to see how big of an impact Babs will have.

4619357 Yeah :pinkiehappy: It's gonna be nice to get someone else involved :rainbowwild:

Needs more luv.

Comment posted by I am not a Dalek deleted Feb 6th, 2015

I hope that one day. We will see an end to this fabulous story.

Login or register to comment