• Published 5th Apr 2013
  • 2,254 Views, 353 Comments

Replacing Scootaloo - I am not a Dalek



Apple Bloom invites a Pegasus to the club house and Scootaloo begins to feel like she's being replaced.

  • ...
5
 353
 2,254

... And Magic is Free

Chapter 20- ... And Magic Is Free

The sun shines brightly through my bedroom window, pulling me out of yet another restless night. My parents arguing had kept me up until the early hours of the morning, and I would have tried to ignore it but it's kinda hard considering they were talking about me.

I sigh softly as I roll out of bed, groggily rubbing my eyes with my hoof. I wish I could just climb back into bed and let the day slowly waste away. Sadly, life doesn't seem to go my way.

I create a list in my head of what I need to do today: Regular chores first, and then Apple Bloom said she was coming around to help me with my homework. It sounds easy enough, my to do list for today is an awful lot shorter to what it normally is and I'm glad that I've managed to earn some time with Bloom today. Recently, we've been spending less and less time together. Mainly because of Applejack keeping her on lockdown and the other crusaders trying to tear us apart, I try to find the point in time when things suddenly turned horrid for us all. I can't seem to find what went wrong. I wish I could fix it; I just want to spend time with Apple Bloom.

The thought of seeing Apple Bloom sends warmth throughout my body. I'm not really sure how another pony has managed to make me feel this way. Nopony has ever made me feel this way before, well to be honest; nopony has ever shown me love before. I suppose that's why I was so overprotective, so stubborn when it came to the other crusaders. Apple Bloom is the only pony to show love towards me and I don't want to lose her. I'm so afraid that I'm going to lose her.

Another reason why I acted so cold, particularly towards Scootaloo, was because she reminded me of myself. I know, it's awful, I should know how she feels, how much it hurts to be pushed away. But I could see it in her eyes, the heartbreaking sadness which shows me that she is going through what I go through every day. The fact that she couldn't fly was also an indicator that her family didn't seem to care for her. I don't understand why nopony has questioned it yet, that's when I think back to the bitter words I uttered to her about being unable to fly.

Truthfully, I had to teach myself to fly a few years ago so I had no right to comment on her inability. I should have offered to teach her. I couldn't though; it hurt to look into her lonely, empty eyes. It still hurts now. My first reaction was to be bitter, before Apple Bloom I didn't know anything other than bitterness and hate. Now, I'm going to lose the one thing that is keeping me happy and it's all Scootaloo's fault.

That's why I kissed her. I wanted her to know that she should just go. I wanted her to think that if she stayed around she'd hurt Apple Bloom too. She's ruining my life, she's ruining my one chance of happiness, and I just want to be loved, is that so much to ask?

Right now, I need to do whatever I can to keep Apple Bloom. If that means hurting innocent ponies that don't really deserve it, then I'll do it. I don't want to lose Apple Bloom because Scootaloo is making things worse, if it means I have to make Apple Bloom hate her so that I won't lose her, then I will do it. I just want to be loved.

I trudge out of my room quietly and down the stairs to find my family eating without me. I'm not shocked; it's the same every morning. They don't care about me. Sure, my parents have provided me with food, shelter and the occasional toy to keep myself entertained but once I turned six I was expected to cook for myself. I may be given toys but they never play with me, they never tell me that they love me, they never hold me when I'm sad. They aren't parents, they aren't real parents but I don't know any different. Until I met Apple Bloom, I didn't know what love was. I thought it only existed in stories.

I decide to skip breakfast today, and go on doing my regular chores which include washing the dishes, cleaning the floor and doing the laundry. However, a knock at the front door stops me before I have a chance to even reach the sink.

None of my family seems to shift, wordlessly indicating that I have to deal with that as well as all the other chores which they've left lying around for me. I roll my eyes and mumble bitterly under my breath as I proceed to answer the door.

As the door swings open, the sobs which could only be Apple Bloom's fill the room. I instantly step forward and wrap my forelegs around her. Her warm tears wet my fur as I gently stroke her mane in a hopeless attempt to soothe her.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" I ask gently as I pull her inside.

"The Cutie Mark Crusaders aren't together no more!" She sobs into me, her voice being muffled by my neck.

I freeze for a moment, unsure of how to react. I'm happy because there's no risk of Apple Bloom leaving me anymore, I can look after and stop her from getting hurt by her friends. But, I'm hurting because Bloom is distraught. I hate seeing her upset. I should be happy that I get to have her to myself, but I just can't.

"It's alright, I'm here okay?" I say as I continue to stroke her mane, letting her cry it out.

Bloom shudders against me as her tears continue to fall. "Ah know, Chase, but they were ma best friends, Ah don't want them ta hate me."

"I know, but it'll be okay. What happened?" I ask curiously, I wonder who caused all of this to happen, I bet it was Scootaloo.

"Well, Ah was angry cos Sweetie was stickin' up for Scootaloo and Ah wanted ta see ya, so Ah was telling Sweetie that Scootaloo was lyin' and stuff... Then Scootaloo came and we all had a talk, ya know? It was a nice talk..." She stops as she takes in a shaky breath, obviously still trying to gain composure. "Then she told me that y'all were a bad guy and Ah didn't want ta hear it so Ah snapped, Ah didn't mean ta. Ah just love ya, Chase."

Of course it was Scootaloo who caused this to happen. I would be thanking her but seeing Apple Bloom like this almost makes me want to run and sort this out. Almost. I know that Apple Bloom is hurting but she will get over this soon enough. She has me as a friend, I'll support her until she stops hurting. I just hope it won't take long because I feel helpless just sitting here watching her cry. All I can do is comfort her, and be a better friend than those other girls ever were.

Author's Note:

Heyy guys, sorry my updates have been sporadic. That should be improving in the later future tho :3

Oh, I need your advice on something. I want to write a one-shot featuring Twilight and possibly Trixie, what do you guys think? Thanks lol for your support, I love you guys <3