• Published 5th Apr 2013
  • 2,267 Views, 353 Comments

Replacing Scootaloo - I am not a Dalek



Apple Bloom invites a Pegasus to the club house and Scootaloo begins to feel like she's being replaced.

  • ...
5
 353
 2,267

Falling Apart

Chapter 3- Falling Apart

Alone. That’s what I am. All alone. No pony cares about me, they barely even know I exist. I know I’m not special but that doesn’t mean I should be left all alone, should it? I don’t understand, why does Cloud Chaser hate me so much? I don’t even know him. I tried to be nice, honestly I did, but he just made me so angry... Jealous, even. I’m scared to lose the two people who mean the most to me, the fact that he can fly makes my chances of keeping them very slim. I should just disappear, no pony would notice me gone, I don’t think even Rainbow would. I’m beginning to think that I don’t belong here, I’m a pony who will stay a blank flank forever, and I’m a Pegasus who will never fly. I’m worthless, useless.

“Filly!” My father calls to me from up the stairs, he refuses to use my real name.

I carefully hop down off my bed and walk out into the landing to see my father holding a bag of rubbish. Knowing what I have to do, I take the rubbish in my mouth and begin to make my way out the door. My father puts out his foreleg and stops me. I look up at him, in hope that he’ll accept me for one.

“Whilst you’re out there, you can run a few errands,” He throws a saddle bag on my back and puts a few coins in it.

I nod and look up at Luna’s beautiful moon and prepare myself for the long night ahead of me. I slowly trudge out of the house and throw away the rubbish before climbing on my scooter and checking the first thing on a list, a special plant from the Everfree forest. I frown and close my eyes before I zoom off into the night. I don’t understand why my family do this to me, why do they seem to hate me so much more than my sister. I don’t care though. Why should I care about them?

My scooter suddenly begins to swerve and my front wheel falls off, my train of thought suddenly goes from feeling sorry for myself to finding a way to survive this accident. Before I have any more time to think my scooter falls forward and throws me into the air, sending me flying. I try to throw out my wings but the force of the wind keeps them stuck firmly to my side. Gravity takes its course as I begin to plummet towards the ground and I look below to see that I am heading straight for a thorn-bush. Closing my eyes, I prepare myself for the impact.

I hear the rustle of the leaves as my body comes into contact with the bush, and the thorns pull at my fur. Once I have stopped moving I carefully look over the bush to find out what happened. I must have not been paying attention and my front wheel got caught on a rock. I groan and mumble to myself, saying that I’m a “stupid foal.”

I slowly climb out of the bush and drag myself over to my poor scooter to assess the damage that has been done. The wheel has been torn in half but over than that it can be easily fixed. I, on the other hand, have cuts and bruises all down my body, and it is clear that it is going to take a while to clear up.

I try and get back up on my hooves but am unable to do so; I sigh and lie back down. I look around me to find that I am nowhere near any civilisation so it will probably be morning by the time I’m found. To be honest, I am terrified of staying out near the Everfree forest so late at night, however, I am more afraid of returning home without any of the items my father has asked for. That is how I decide to remain where I am.

I just consider myself lucky that its summer so I won’t freeze to death whilst I am stuck out here. Nonetheless, I would very much rather be at home. Outside is a very scary place at night. I guess I should just try and sleep at least because it looks like I’m not going anywhere. I’m sure some pony will find me tomorrow; hopefully it will be a good pony though...

****

“Whoa... Scootaloo? Are you okay squirt?” A voice calls to me in my dreams.

I groan and search around, looking for the source of this voice.

“Oh sweet Celestia, please be okay Kid,” the voice echoes throughout my mind, it begins to warp as it travels through the strange dream world which I am in.

My whole body feels heavy, and I am unable to move around this world, it’s as if I am stuck in this one place. Images twist around me as I see Cloud Chaser, sneering in my face, speeding ahead of me, laughing with Rainbow Dash. I see my two best friends.

“We don’t wanna talk ta ya no more Scootaloo.” Apple Bloom laughs.

“Yeah, we want a Pegasus who can fly!” Sweetie Belle chimes in.

“But... you’re my friends!” I cry out as they walk away.

I try to chase after them but my hooves are stuck in the ground, I push and push but I stay right where I am, not even moving a centimetre. I watch in despair as my only friends walk away from me with Cloud Chaser, I knew it! I knew he’d replace me. I call for them but it’s as if they can’t hear me, it’s as if I’m invisible. Invisible. That’s what I am, aren’t I? Invisible.

My body begins to sink into the ground and the world around me gets covered in black spots, as I get swallowed into the ground.

The last thing I hear before I fall into the darkness is a voice saying, “Right, you’re coming home with me until you’re better squirt. It’s my job.”

Author's Note:

Yay! Another chapter!
Sorry if I am like, spamming you with the spam, I am on spring break so I'm kind of writing a lot... In a few weeks it will probably only be an update every few days or something!
Anyway! If you see any typo's or fails please tell me and I shall try and correct it ASAP!
Thank you all for the feedback! Honestly! :D