• Published 4th Feb 2012
  • 10,899 Views, 199 Comments

New beginnings - Elementum77



First person, Human in Equestria. not-brony, not self-insert, ongoing, wonderbolts, parallel to show

  • ...
25
 199
 10,899

1-6: Cornered.

The walk to Spitfire’s room was somewhat awkward, any attempt to try to start up a conversation was ignored, I was seriously getting paranoid at this point. Eventually after several minutes of walking we reached her room, the door was like the other’s except the tag on it read ‘Spitfire’s Room’.

Stepping inn I was stunned, the room like the other rooms which also seemed to be painted with the same white finish, butt it felt a little brighter than the others. Immediately in front of me was a clearing, beyond that Spitfire’s bed, A queen sized four poster bed with a silk quilt laying immaculately on top of it. To the left was the sofa I assume would be my bed, but that was not the thing that caught my attention. In front of the sofa a large glass window stood where the wall should be, the view overlooking the vast majority of cloudsdale. I am not sure how we had ascended to this floor considering we did not walk up any stairs to my memory.

The sofa front faced the window, I was looking forward to the view when I woke up and went to sleep, even though the night shrouded most of the view in darkness anyways. To the right of Spitfire’s bed stood several wardrobes, odd as the majority of pony's I have seen have not actually been wearing clothes.

Spitfire walked over to the window and sat down, her face showed no expression the same face she had the entire walk up to the room. Sticking to my previous logic about not wanting to ask if their was something wrong, I turned my attention to the sofa. Spitfire said it was a pullout bed, so I assumed since we came to sleep it would be wise to try to set it up. However, I could not fathom how to, not only did there not seem to be any sort of lever but the actual structure of the sofa showed no indication of it even being a sofa bed. Normally you can tell, the front would be large, and you could see where it unfolded, but there was nothing of the sort. Just a sleek black sofa, with two pillows on either side. I looked to Spitfire for help, though it was met with ignorance once more, what ever she was thinking about was a larger priority then me getting to sleep.

Eventually giving up on trying to work out the mechanics of he Sofa, I knew that I would have to ask spitfire for assistance but that mean disturbing her and that in itself was a risk.

“Spitfire, is something wrong?” I knew I would regret asking, but I needed help. She turned her head to me, still with that same emotionless look, almost paying no heed to my question, just.. staring at me, It felt like she was staring in to me, this was unnerving and a little scary.

“Where did you say you were from again?” Her voice was calm, her expression had not charged it only added to ominous thoughts racing through my head.

“I was raised on a farm with my parents” I think that’s what I told her earlier anyways.

“But where? Where was the farm?” This felt more like an integration then a simple conversation now.

“U-Up North” I hoped that my guess at the geography was right.

“So Near Manehatten?” Her tone now sounded more suspicious, and the once Bright room suddenly felt a lot smaller, and a lot darker...

“...Sure” I Tried to hide my insecurity by pretending to try and figure out once more how the sofa worked, a ploy really attempting to change the subject, one that was unsuccessful. Spitfire turned her head back to the window, I could tell something was wrong but unsure if it was with me or her.

“Why do you ask?”

This time she didn't turn her head. “When we first got here and we were separated, I started asking around about you, just out of curiosity. You see a lot of ponies come here to do various things. Like last week, there was a convention on farming, some of the contestants were still here, and as the agriculture community is quite well connected, I thought some of them may know you...”

My heart sank, I knew where she was going with this and it was not good.

“Well My paren-”

“And one of the contestants farms a large plot of land near Manehatten. I asked about if there were any other farms in the area, she named of a few. Though when I described you, she said she had never met anypony fitting the description. Can you explain that?” Her head still fixed in place, staring at me through the reflection.

This was bad, I tried avoiding staring at her, knowing that my expression would give away my obvious panicking look. I looked over to the door, was it too late to run? No I had to stay, where else would I go. No I needed to try and think of something, something to justify why..

“I ever really talked to the other farmers, my parents did, I just worked where needed...” Was that the really the best I could think of? I needed to work on my story, why had I not thought more about it until now.

“Lucid...” Her tone had gone from suspicious to what seemed like an attempted at hiding anger, sending a shiver down my spine.

“Y-Yes Spitfire?” Spitfire turned, walking slowly walking towards me, her eyes locked on mine, it felt like I was paralyzed by the glare, I tried to move but my body simply would not budge.

“Have I lied to you?” her tone seemed strangely calm once more, but I could not help but feel anger radiating off her.

“No...” I was stuttering now, she was a few feet away. She stopped, her eyes still fixated on me. Suddenly her expression turned to anger, hitting her hove against the sofa that stood between us, I immediately jumped back landing on my back, staring up at her in fear. She regained her posture, her face once more returning to that eerie look.

“Then why, why lie to me?” my heart felt like it had stopped, any noise that once filled the room was now gone, only her words echoed in my head. I did not know what to say I could not tell her the truth, could I?

“I-I’m sorry..” I hung my head in shame, I knew it was wrong lying to her in the first place but I didn't expect it would leave me feeling this bad. I looked over to Spitfire, she had gotten closer, and was staring down at me, her eyes once more felt like they were penetrating my very being.

“So what’s the truth? Was that stunt you pulled just to get my attention, you're not just doing this so you can spend time with the wonderbolts are you?” Her voice was low and piercing.

“No.. you did actually save me...and before I met you I did not know who the Wonderbolts..or even you were..” She didn't move, I could feel her breath blowing against me, reminding me just how close she actually was and how hard it would be for me to escape.

“Then why did you lie?”

I was trapped, not only physically but mentally. Somehow I had been backed in to a corner, and I could not bring my self to lie anymore.

“If you knew the truth, who I really am you would think I was crazy...” I looked away once more, my eyes fell on the plain white door separating us from any other pony. I turned my head back, to my surprise the look on her face was not of anger, no it was more of shock. She leaned up and walked over to the sofa, jumping up and motioning for me to join her. Hesitantly I got up and walked over, not trying to make eye contact I climbed up and sat once more in the only position I knew how. She stared at me as if waiting for me to talk, I guess there was no going back now..

“I am not actually a pony.. Well I guess I am, but prior to waking up on the cloud I fell off I was not, in fact I am actually a human..” Her looked puzzled me I was not sure if she thought I was crazy, or was trying to process what I had said.

“A human? What’s that?” Well I guess that clarifies that there aren't any humans here, but that also means I am going to have to explain.

“Humans are...” I had never really thought about what truly defined a human other than physical attributes I guess there was not much different, other than our self-destructive tendency's.

“They are like pony's, but stand on two legs, they have feet not hooves, there arms are relatively shorter normally, and at the end we have a hand with fingers. We don’t have fur, thought we do have hair on our head, not like a mane, but I guess similar...” I really did not know what more to say, I could go in to detail, but Spitfire’s blank expression stopped me from doing so.

“So why are you here?” I was surprised she did not question the detail I gave her, I don’t know if she simply did not care or accepted it straight away. Her question how ever was one I could not answer, I shook my head then dropped it once more.

“I don’t know, I was sitting down and then suddenly I was enveloped by this light, next thing I know I was lying on that cloud...” I gazed out of the window as if looking for an answer.

“Well I guess what’s done is done...” I shot my head back to her in shock, was she seriously just going to accept what I had told her? A smile broke out across her face, before I had a chance to reply she got up and walked over to her bed leaving me speechless.

“Wh-What do you mean?”

“Well your here now, and I am grateful that you decided to tell me the truth considering how absurd it sounds, but; I believe you, thank you Lucid” She climbed on to her bed, perching her self down and continued staring over to me.

“You’re not mad?” I squinted at her, I was still expecting her to throw me out, call security if this place had any. I could not help but feel a sudden relief, as if a burden had been lifted, I guess I did not feel right about lying to her but still I was unsure why I cared so much, after all I have lied to people before I may not be a good lire but I still have and I had never really felt guilty about it either.

“Honestly, no.. I know I should be, but I am just happy that you felt you could tell me the truth...” It felt like she was holding something back. Then it clicked, I knew what it was. Thinking back to when we were in the other town, when she told me who she was, what she was I could remember the look on her face she was ready for me burst out in excitement like you would when meeting a celebrity, something she obviously didn't want, I knew that there and then. After all when I had told her when we first met I did not know her, or the Wonderbolts she seemed almost glad, at first that puzzled me but I could understand why now.

“So..Can you help me with this” I pointed at the sofa with a confused look more than relieved to change the subject, I felt a lot more relaxed now so I returned my efforts to getting my bed in order/ready, I was tired now and wanted to go to sleep soon. Spitfire walked over, raising her hoof to her face to gesture she was thinking, she turned her head and smiled.

“Woops, I guess I don’t have a sofa bed after all” Grinning mischievously she walked back over to her bed. “I Guess we’re going to have to share mine for now”

I froze, was she seriously considering that? had she known before hand? She couldn't have why would she, considering what just happened. Unless, unless she had planned this. Would she have thrown me out if I had lied to her again?

I walked over, It only just hit me what she was suggesting. However... This only brought up another issue. One that I was not prepared to face...


Author's Note:

Gdoc: Link
Proof-read by: FourFire