• Published 4th Feb 2012
  • 10,899 Views, 199 Comments

New beginnings - Elementum77



First person, Human in Equestria. not-brony, not self-insert, ongoing, wonderbolts, parallel to show

  • ...
25
 199
 10,899

2-7: Books galore!

As I walked behind Soarin, trying to keep some focus so I don’t drift off again, I found myself thinking of Spitfire. More notably about why after finding and helping me she would shoot off like that, I can only guess there’s something she needs to do that I don’t have permission to know. Especially since Soarin knows and he won't tell. I wonder when I'm going to get them to trust me enough so I can get inside these team secrets?

Inadvertently I started drifting off again, the only reason i didn't stroll off was because I had managed to set my body to follow Soarin’s tail. I hope no passer by’s get the wrong idea, I don't want ponies mistaking my tactic for keeping on track as me staring at Soarin’s hind. Then again even if they did, everyone’s walking around naked, naked! Weirdly enough this was only just starting to actually click in my head.

Everyone, was walking around, in the nude. Wait wait, maybe i'm paying a little too much attention to this, I mean other than a sadel what do ponies actually wear. Wait, do they have saddles here? Would that even make sense? Why would ponies wear something that’s designed for carrying bipedal beings around? Especially when ponies seem to be the dominant race.

This was one of those times where I began making comparisons about here and back home, this time it’s what if humans just walked around naked? I sure wouldn't complain about that at university, especially with some of the girls there... Hm. It’s weird, I'm thinking back to home, and I'm imagining naked girls walking around my university campus, girls who I would have traded my entire scholarship for for a single night, and yet I don’t really feel...anything? Well, that’s something to think about the next time I get a break I guess.

“So where are we heading” Lifting my head, so if Soarin looked back, he wouldn't be one of those ponies thinking I was staring at his hind.

“I think Fleet said she was going to the library right? In any case I'm going to leave you there for a few hours. Maybe you could look into a few flying books? Or how to drink water?” Up until those last few words I was nodding, i glared a little at that damn smirk of his. But he had me there, and actually this isn't so bad, an inside joke is part of a friendship right?

“Well I'll look into what I can find sure. Where are you going anyways?” Tilting my head. Where would the male flying star go in his spare time? Other than to a restaurant to pull a practical joke anyways.

“I'm going to the hospital, my aunt’s had an operation and I promised my mom I would go check in on her.” he said it a little too calmly to sound like it was anything serious, but I thought it better to ask anyways. Hm, pony surgeons..

“An operation?” I copied the calm tone, walking to his side so I looked less like a dog following him around. Soarin seemed a little hesitant to talk about it, naturally I started to get a little worried that he was about to tell me something sad and i had made him preemptively think about it, or worse he think’s I'm prying and potentially harm what I think is the start of a friendship. Actually that’s a little selfish, thinking the latter is worse, see I knew getting into the habit of lying was a bad thing after all!

“Y-yea, Nothing serious, I think it was just a broken rib from an accident, doctors said the operation should set it right” He turned his head forward, avoiding eye contact. Odd. Well, at least he answered, if not seemingly a little hesitant.

“Broken rib? Ouch” In honesty, A broken rib didn't sound too serious after all. Deciding Ing not to push it any further due to a large building coming into sight, which I can assume was a library considering we were walking towards it. I’ve never actually been in one of those large libraries you see in movies, I remember as a child I pictured that all libraries were massive, with books that would take years to finally read. Boy was I annoyed when I went to my tow library and found it was just a small building with about five book racks and an elderly librarian who in all honesty should be told about soap.

Ascending the large steps, and looking through the two large doors, peering into my childhood dream of a large open library, with bookshelves as high as the ceiling. For a moment I was looking around for one of those ladders that you normally see here, the one’s you use to move around and get the really high up books. Than I remembered that to the majority of the ponies here, ladders were probably a foreign concept. Actually, those without wings, how did they go about getting their books? I guess magic? But what about those with neither, can they climb ladders? With hooves? I'm actually kind of excited to find out weirdly. Oh the joys of the simple things aye.

“Alright, am I good to leave you here Lucid?” Soarin said, stopping a few steps in to the library.

“Huh? Yea sure, do you want me to come meet you down here at some point?” I asked,still staring around the library, so many books, they even have a fountain in here, in a library, on a cloud, this place didn't just meet my expectations as a child, it smashed them!

“Heh, nah I'll find you if Fleet ain't in here. “ I can only assume he laughed at me staring open mouthed around the room, I bet he thinks this is the first time I've seen a library. Which in some regards is true, this is my first time seeing a library quite like this... I mean, everything looks so ordered, the tables, they look pretty comfy actually, is that a cloud sofa book corner? I wonder what’s on the second floor balcony area! Actually, I’me having an internal struggle, should I learn about flying, or try and read up on some general knowledge? Maybe I should just browse for a while, I don’t know!

I turned to ask Soarin about this great question, and was met with an empty spot and a confused filly walking out who probably thought I was staring at her. Well truly I was, for a moment i though the possibility that Soarin had somehow changed not only gender, but age as well, and color after all I was just thinking about magic. Well with Soarin gone, and Fleetfoot nowhere in sight, I guessed it was time to take a look around, heck I might even get lost in here, I've always wanted to do that.

Author's Note:

GDoc: 14. Books galore!?
Currently set to comment. Suggestions/Mistakes will be fixed as soon as possible.