• Published 28th Mar 2013
  • 4,474 Views, 219 Comments

Time to go - MasterHunter55



Getting everything you ever wanted, doesn't mean your life is free of problems. Hunter is taken to another world by a familiar unicorn, and the fun, or should I say strife, begins.

  • ...
29
 219
 4,474

Chapter 17: Dam It All

Time to go
Chapter 17
Dam It All

Hunter left his eyes closed, allowing his arms to wrap around the mass in front of him. He had the most amazing night. He had kissed Rainbow Dash, and it was wonderful. He noticed that what he was holding, didn't have a head. Or a pony shape for that matter. He opened his right eye just a crack, and saw that he was cuddling a pillow.

Maybe it turned out to be a dream? Or maybe one kiss wasn't enough to make ponies sleep together. That seemed to make sense now that he thought about it. He slid out of bed, and went to the bathroom to prepare for the day. He found Michael there, already brushing his teeth. Michael turned to Hunter, and Hunter's bed head made him chuckle.

“Morning lover boy.” Michael said, rinsing his mouth of toothpaste.

“Morning,” Hunter said, still dragging his hooves slightly. “So it wasn't a dream after all?” Hunter asked, stepping into the shower, and turning on the water.

That was one advantage of always being naked, things were so convenient. “Yeah, you got some smooching done last night.” Michael said, something in his tone seemed off.

Hunter picked up on it immediately, “Jealous?” He asked grinning. Michael let out an exasperated sigh, “Extremely.”

Hunter threw his head back to laugh, and got a face full of water. Now it was Michael's turn to laugh. As soon as Hunter stopped choking, the friends were laughing together. “Just like old times.” Hunter said. “Except now, I'm a dragon and you're a dysfunctional alicorn.” Michael said, hopping down from the stool he used, to look into the mirror.

Hunter laughed, and without thinking, he brought his hoof up to his horn. Magic just seemed to be lost to him, he wondered if there was some way for him to learn? Hunter stepped out of the shower, and shook himself, the water absorbing into the walls. He used a towel to dry himself off the rest of the way.

The pair walked into the living room. “Any preferences on what's for breakfast?” Hunter asked.

“Bacon,” Michael chuckled.

Hunter frowned. “Not funny man.”

“No, I'm being serious, check the fridge.” Michael said, looking over the back of the couch.

Hunter wondered if Michael had somehow paid somepony to slaughter pigs. When he opened the cold cupboard he saw a familiar looking package, and he pulled it out.

“Tofu strips?” Hunter asked, mostly to himself.

“Yeah, Twilight got them for us, she remembered about bacon, and she got us some. Or at least, the next best thing.” Michael said.

“I think I'll repay her with some peach syrup.” Hunter said to himself, as if adding it on a list of to-dos. He started up the grill, “Alright, but we need more than just tofu strips.”

“There's oatmeal in one of the top cupboards, and cereal in the one next to it.” Michael said, before hopping off the couch. “I'm gonna test the new electricity.”

Michael swiped the power button on the Xbox, and then turned on the T.V. They reacted the same as if they had been plugged in at Hunter's basement, back in the human world. “Sweet.” Michael said. Then a knock came at the door. For having just moved to Equestria, they sure were popular.

Michael opened the door, and got a quick glance of the light blue pony before he said, “Welcome back,” thinking Rainbow Dash had come back to visit.

“Thanks, mind if I come in?” Trixie asked. Wait Trixie? “Oh hey! Where have you been?” Michael asked, stepping back so she could enter.

“Oh, just tying up loose ends,” Trixie said, again trying to sound as if nothing really mattered, “and working on getting a house here in Ponyville.”

“A house here in ponyville? Michael asked, “Don't you already have a place?”

“Not really,” Trixie sighed, pawing at the ground. “I've been wandering around Equestria for a very long time, and besides, my friends live here.”

“Heya Trixie,” Hunter said, waving from the kitchen.

“Hello,” Trixie said.

“Doesn't everypony here hate you?” Michael asked bluntly.

Hunter shook his head at Michael's lack of tact.

“We can fix that.” Hunter suggested, bringing food from the kitchen.

“I could care less what they think of me.” Trixie said boldly, “I was talking about you guys actually.” she finished, slightly embarrassed.

Hunter and Michael looked at each other, realizing how sad that was. They hadn't even been there that long, and they were already her only friends? They knew that Trixie didn't have friends, but they thought that maybe she had some ponies she could hang out with.

“We'll always be your friends.” Michael said, “I probably won't have much to do on any particular day, so I'll almost always be available.”

“I'll always be your friend as well Trixie,” Hunter said, “Feel free to come over and visit anytime. Now you two come eat before I take all the bacon.”

“Bacon?” Trixie asked, taking a seat at the table. She had planned to get some food after this visit, and she was starving.

“Tofu strips.” Hunter corrected, “They're tasty too.”

The trio scooted in their chairs, and started gobbling down breakfast. There wasn't much conversation, and when breakfast was finished, Hunter took the plates and dumped them into the sink, covering them with water.

There was another knock at the door, Michael went to get it and Trixie sat on the couch, grabbing a controller with her magic.

Hunter cleaned off the last plate as the door opened. “Welcome back,” Michael said, “Come on in.” Rainbow Dash walked in and waved at Hunter, a weak smile on her face. Then she noticed Trixie on the couch. “What is 'she' doing here.” She leered.

Before Trixie could give a rude response, Hunter spoke up, “She's here for a friendly visit. This 'is' the only place in Equestria to play Halo.”

“There's nothing friendly about her!” Rainbow Dash scoffed.

“Take that back.” Michael said, standing boldly in front of her.

“What?” Rainbow Dash said, slightly taken aback.

“Trixie is our friend, and we won't have you talking about her that way.” Michael said boldly.

“Oh yeah? Whose gonna make me?” Rainbow Dash asked, as she stared Michael down.

“Me.” Hunter said.

Rainbow Dash turned towards him, surprised. "Huh?"

“Trixie's my friend too, and I would appreciate it, if you two would treat each other with respect while Michael and I are present. What happens when you're alone is up to you.” Hunter said crossing his arms, and standing up.

The room was silent for a second, before Michael and Hunter started laughing.

“What's so funny?” Trixie asked, wondering if they were making fun of her.

“It's nothing.” Hunter said.

“We just like to end serious conversations with a joke.” Michael chuckled.

“I didn't hear any jokes.” Rainbow Dash glared.

“Oh, believe me, there was a joke.” Michael said, laughing as he went back to the couch. “Come on Trixie let's start up a game.

“Alright,” Hunter said, ending his laughing spree. “What can I do for you?”

“I came here, because I needed to talk to you.” Rainbow Dash said.

Hunter shifted in place as he looked over at Michael and Trixie on the couch, skipping past the cut-scenes.

“Privately?” Hunter asked nervously.

“Yeah,” Rainbow Dash said, looking down at her hooves.

“The roof should suit us nicely.” Hunter suggested, and they flew up to the top of the stairs.

“Freaking noob.” Trixie said under her breath.

Hunter shut the trap door behind Rainbow Dash, as soon as she had flown through it. It was another beautiful day in Ponyville, and so the two fliers had the day off.

Rainbow Dash hated awkward silences, so she got straight to the point. “Hunter, I need to talk about last night.”

Hunter shifted in place again, “Alright, what about last night?” Hunter thought that everything had gone smoothly, it was like a dream. Had he already ruined his chances, before he had a chance to try?

“Unfortunately, I think I got caught up in the moment,” Rainbow Dash said. “I like going fast, really fast, but not when it comes to stuff like this.”

Or maybe it was turning out to be more like a nightmare. Hunter thought about what she said, it didn't sound like she was ending anything, but more like trying to slow down. “I see,” Hunter said, “So you wanna take it slow?”

“Exactly.” Rainbow Dash said, letting out a big sigh, “I'm so glad you understand, I'm not good at talking about things like this.”

“How about a date then?” Hunter suggested, “We have the day off, why not have a picnic, and we can get a chance to know each other?”

Rainbow Dash thought this over, it was a good idea, but being alone on a picnic was just a little too fast, “Why don't we invite a couple of friends?” She asked.

“That should be no problem,” Hunter said, smiling. He opened the door for Rainbow Dash and they flew down to the main floor. Trixie was getting really into it.

“Save my life, save my life, save my life, save my life!” Trixie squealed in excitement, as she was being chased down by a wraith.

“I got you, don't worry!” Michael yelled back. He pulled out a rocket launcher, and ended the wraith before it could kill Trixie's spartan.

Trixie squealed again, giving Michael a hug with her free hooves before returning her attention to the game. “Thanks Firestorm.”

Hunter chuckled at the scene, and there was a knock at the door. A really soft knock, that nopony would have heard, if Micheal remembered to turn the volume up.

“I got it.” Hunter said. He opened up the door, and saw Fluttershy with a big basket in her mouth.

“Well hey there Fluttershy,” Hunter greeted her, smiling. “Let me get that for you.” Hunter grabbed the basket from her mouth and set it by the door.

“Hey, um, I was just, bringing you a basket, for cleaning out my chicken coop.” She said, avoiding eye contact with Hunter, now that he didn't seem to shy.

Hunter bowed his head, crouching so that Fluttershy could look down at him. “Hey.” Hunter whispered, getting her to look at him with her eyes, if not her face. “It's okay, I'm not a mean pony, you don't have to be shy around me.”

Fluttershy remembered the words that she had spoken when she first met Hunter, and didn't feel so nervous, looking at Hunter straight on. Hunter's eyes had taken a lighter tone than usual, and when Fluttershy looked at them, they reminded her of grassy fields, and flower stems. She was reminded of the calm nature she dealt with everyday, and she wasn't afraid of Hunter anymore.

Meanwhile, Hunter finally got a chance to look at the beautiful turquoise eyes that avoided all gazes. Hunter enjoyed looking into the eyes of everybody he met if he got the chance, and Fluttershy's reminded him of a clear pond on a nice summer day.

Hunter stood back up to full height, and Fluttershy stood taller than usual. “This is perfect.” Hunter said, “Rainbow Dash and I were about to go on a picnic, and now we don't have to bring anything but this basket. Would you like to come along?”

“That sounds nice,” Fluttershy said quietly. “Can Rarity come too? I have plans with her today, but a picnic would be much more peaceful.”

“Sure thing,” Hunter said gently. “Just meet up here ASAP, after you've talked to Rarity.”

Hunter closed the door, realizing how strange it was to open and close a hole in the clouds. Rinbow Dash had been watching back and forth between the game, and Fluttershy appearing at the door.

“So what did she want?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“She gave us this picnic basket, and so I invited her to the picnic. She went to get Rarity.” Hunter said setting the basket on the table.

“That sounds awesome. I know this place up near the dam, the sights are really cool.” Rainbow Dash said, leaning on the back of the couch as the dragon and the unicorn played.

Hunter sat down on the large couch, leaving the spot between Michael and himself open. Hunter patted the seat cushion, signaling Rainbow Dash to sit down, she hesitated for a moment, but then jumped over the back of the couch and sat down anyways. Hunter grabbed his Halo Reach controllers and handed Dash one. He wondered how this would go without fingers.

“Start up the multiplayer Michael.” Hunter said, “Couple vs. Couple.”

“Couple?” Trixie and Rainbow Dash asked in unison.

“Relax, it's just an easier way to speak about the teams.” Hunter said, he found that moving the joysticks, and pressing the buttons, were fairly easy if he didn't think too much about it.

Michael opened up the multiplayer option and created a custom game, setting Hunter and himself on the same team.

“Har har,” Hunter said, “Nice to know what you think about me.”

Michael chuckled as he switched it back to Rainbow Dash and Hunter vs. Trixie and Michael. They started up the game and they were off, Michael and Hunter would often have showdowns somewhere on the map, while Rainbow Dash slowly figured out how to play this game, and Trixie ran around the map in big circles, almost never running into anyone.

Eventually it came down to how many kills Michael and Hunter could get over the other. The match was over pretty soon, as the score limit was dropped pretty low.

Michael and Trixie had won, the fact that Rainbow Dash had no skill at all and Trixie had even a little experience had made all the difference. Most one on ones that Michael and Hunter had, usually ended with Michael winning anyways, Michael did still have full use of his fingers.

Then there was a knock at the door. “Good game.” Hunter said. “Don't worry Rainbow you'll get better at it.” He chuckled as Rainbow Dash and Trixie stared each other down. Michael was left to try and break them up, while Hunter answered the door.

“Heya Rarity, Hey Fluttershy.” Hunter greeted them, “Have fun flying here?”

Rarity seemed put off. Fluttershy had a calm smile on her face.

“She's just a little mad that I canceled our weekly spa treatment for a picnic.” Fluttershy said.

“Well of course I am Fluttershy, that's our time! I need time to get a nice spa treatment, while I talk to a good friend don't I?” Rarity said.

“I would rather enjoy outside than stay inside a steamy spa any day.” Fluttershy said, breathing in the fresh, sunny day.

“I'd have to agree with you on that one.” Hunter said, “Well it's time to go Rainbow. Later Michael, later Trixie!”

“Trixie?” Fluttershy and Rarity asked, startled in unison.

Rainbow Dash flew out the door and Hunter grabbed the picnic basket and closed the door behind them.

“Yeah,” Rainbow Dash huffed, “The alicorn and his dragon are friends with Trixie now.”

“My goodness.” Rarity gasped. “Why would you want to be friends with anypony like Trixie.”

Hunter's face went almost serious for a moment. “Everypony deserves friends. Even ponies like Trixie.”

They were slightly taken aback by his sudden change in demeanor, but his face quickly turned happy again. “Lead the way Rainbow Dash. You said you know a place.” Hunter suggested. “What flight service would you like to take? Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, or Hunter airlines?” He continued, talking to Rarity.

Rarity looked between the three, Fluttershy was an okay flight, but she flew too slow sometimes. Rainbow Dash was way too wild if she wanted to keep her looks. “I've never been flown by an alicorn before.” Rarity said walking up to Hunter.

Hunter put his hoof out and Rarity grabbed it. Hunter laid down on his legs, allowing Rarity to get onto his back with no trouble as he helped her up with his hoof.

“Thank you for choosing Hunter airlines, how fast will we be reaching our destination today?” Hunter said.

“A quick pace,” Rarity said, “But let's not get carried away shall we?”

Rainbow Dash took off and Fluttershy followed after. Hunter grabbed the basket in his mouth, and put his wings out, walking slowly towards the edge of the porch, then trotting, then galloping, then he jumped off the side, flapping as he soared across the sky. Hunter dropped the basket into his arms.

Rarity found this pace to be just perfect, her spring hat didn't feel as if it was going to fall off, and Hunter stayed upright the whole time, while Rainbow Dash did some loopy loops, and Fluttershy stopped to help some poor creature she noticed needed some assistance.

Rainbow Dash led the group to the dam. The patch of grass next to the concrete structure looked perfect for setting down a quilt and having some lunch. Hunter slowly descended out of the sky, putting the basket back in his mouth, and ending the flight with a slow trot on the ground. He crouched low and helped Rarity off of his back with a hoof.

“Thank you sir,” Rarity said. “You are a great flier, should I ever need to fly again, I'll call you.”

Hunter put the basket in his free hoof before he rubbed his head and smiled, “It was nothing.”

Hunter put the bucket down on the ground and took out the quilt inside it, laying it out on the grass. The four sat down and Hunter took out the sandwiches and carrots that Fluttershy had put in the basket.

They munched on the food and looked at all the scenery. Rainbow Dash was right, this was an awesome place for a picnic, the breeze was warm, the smell of flowers carried with it.

“This is a nice place.” Hunter said, “Thanks for suggesting it.”

“Oh yeah, I come up here all the time for a nap, it's always nice up here.” Rainbow Dash said, before taking another bite of her sandwich.

“You're always napping Rainbow Dash,” Rarity said, “Don't you ever have to work?”

“Well yeah, sometimes,” Rainbow Dash said, “Whenever there's a storm scheduled.”

“You can imagine how keeping a clear sky clear, has it's perks as a job.” Hunter said.

“I guess that makes sense.” Rarity said. “Are you taking up the same laid back job?”

“I have actually.” He said, “Though I don't really have any experience controlling clouds.” He chuckled.

“Oh it's easy.” Rainbow Dash said, “clouds are a bunch of push overs, you'll see.”

Just then a cloud flew over head, went over the water filled side of the dam, and dumped it's contents, disappearing.

“Is it possible to make clouds angry?” Hunter said, noticing the strange behavior.

“No way,” Rainbow Dash said, finishing her sandwich. “Clouds don't have feelings.”

Then two clouds came seemingly out of nowhere and deposited themselves on the opposite side of the dam yet again.

“Oh my goodness.” Fluttershy said quietly, watching the clouds.

“Rainbow Dash I think you might want to stop insulting clouds.” Hunter said, standing up as he realized the dam shifting.

“Why's that?” Rainbow Dash said, “It's not like they can hear anything I'm saying.”

Five more clouds zoomed out of the sky and disappeared into the water on the other side of the dam. The dam creaked and moaned.

“Rarity, I hope you can hold back water. We're gonna need it.” Hunter said, he had stood up and was staring intently at the dam. A huge cloud floated over the water and turned into rain.

“I can hold back a little water,” Rarity said, realizing what Hunter was implying. “I just don't know for how long.”

“Rainbow Dash, just so you know,” Hunter chuckled, “clouds have feelings.”

Then the Dam burst. “Rarity! Hold the water back!” Hunter yelled, “Rainbow Dash you need to get Twilight, and quickly, tell her to drop everything!”

Rarity used her magic and set up a magical dam, keeping the water from flowing. Rainbow Dash was shocked, but she took off towards the town as fast as she could.

Hunter stood in front of the giant wall of water. Fluttershy tried to comfort Rarity as she held back the water.

“Come on magic.” Hunter said to himself, “Work!”

He once again tried to find the one thing that would make his magic work, but with no luck. He tried focusing all of his strength on making his horn activate or something. He felt something moving through him, like a power of some sort, this must be it, this must be what magic felt like.

He focused all of this energy, trying to get magic to work. Even if he could get it to work, he realized that he still wouldn't be much help, having strong magic was something that needed to be worked on. Not just attained.

He focused harder, beads of sweat rolling down his face, trying to get his horn to light up. Finally he felt the power reach a breaking point and it burst. He thought that his horn must finally be lit, ready to cast spells.

“Fluttershy!” Hunter turned and asked, “Is my horn glowing?”

“Not just your horn!” She yelled back, “You're glowing all over!”

Hunter looked around himself. He had been too caught up in his focusing, that he didn't notice that the small rocks, and things near the dam, were floating. He had created a small dent in the ground, and he was floating. He could see a green aura enveloping him.

“This isn't what I was expecting.” Hunter said, his eyes wide. It couldn't be what he thought it was.

He tried controlling the energy that had started this whole thing. He found that he could control it, move it, slowly, throughout his body.

Rainbow Dash returned with a surprised Twilight Sparkle on her back. She flew down and dropped Twilight off next to Rarity, before landing next to Hunter.

“What's going on?” Rainbow Dash asked, “Why are you green?”

Rarity fell onto her knees, covering them in mud from the river bank, and the water quickly gained ground before Twilight took over.

“What now?” Rainbow Dash asked, “Twilight can't hold the water back forever either. We need to push the water back so the dam can be rebuilt.”

“I know that, but there's no way Twilight can hold the water back that long. We need to get rid of it all, and then the dam can be rebuilt properly.” Hunter said, still focusing on the energy, learning to control it, getting it to respond to his commands faster.

“Get rid of it?!” Rainbow Dash yelled, “How are we supposed to get rid of all this water?”

“I have a plan, but you're going to need to get back.” Hunter said standing up on his two back hooves.

Rainbow Dash had no idea what Hunter was going to do, but she did what he told her anyways. She went back to Rarity and helped her get up.

“Oh shoot, this mud is going to be hard to get out of my scarf.” Rarity said standing up, before falling again. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy caught her before she fell flat in the mud. “Thanks. I guess I'm still a little weak from using my magic like that.”

Hunter stood at the edge of the wave, as if staring it down. He stood there for a moment, moving his energy around before he brought his left arm across to his right side. He took a stable stance, and brought his hooves together on his right side, leaving a small space between them.

He moved all the energy he could to his hooves, a small blue ball gathering in between them.

“Kaaaaaa meeeeeee!” Hunter yelled.

“What is Hunter doing?” Twilight thought to herself, “I've never seen anything like that before.”

“Haaaaaaa meeeeeee!” Hunter yelled, the ball of energy in between his hooves growing three sizes.

Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy just looked on at the scene in awe, wondering what Hunter was doing, if it would work, and if not, would Twilight be able to hold off the water long enough?

“HAAAAAA!” Hunter yelled at the top of his lungs, bring his hooves forward and directing the energy towards the giant wave. The blue ball suddenly took on the form of a long blue wave, making contact with the water, it began to turn to steam. Soon the blue energy was pushing the water, and it had made its way past the wall of Twilight's magic. The Kamehameha wave sped towards the back of the water flow, vaporizing all the water it touched and sending the water above it into the sky.

Twilight no longer had the need to hold back any water. Hunter's wave had vaporized the water flow for miles. Hunter ended the wave of energy, and dropped his arms to his sides, panting. Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy's jaws, hung open. Twilight trotted over to Hunter. The water flow had been left to a trickle, and the clear blue sky started to rain, as the water that had been sent into the sky returned.

Everything dropped, the rocks, the water, and Hunter all fell to the ground. Hunter fell to his knees as the energy in his body had been sapped, and he did not have the strength to stand.

“What 'was' that Hunter?” Twilight asked, holding him in place so he wouldn't fall over, “What did you just do? I've never seen anything like that, Was that magic?”

“No, that wasn't magic.” Hunter gasped.

“What was it then?” Twilight asked again.

“That, was awesome.” Hunter said, before passing out in Twilight's grasp.

Author's Note:

See what I did there?

Aside from that, I'm sorry it took me two days instead of one to get this out.

I'm sure you're all very disappointed.

Epic Dragonball powers activate.