• Published 28th Mar 2013
  • 4,474 Views, 219 Comments

Time to go - MasterHunter55



Getting everything you ever wanted, doesn't mean your life is free of problems. Hunter is taken to another world by a familiar unicorn, and the fun, or should I say strife, begins.

  • ...
29
 219
 4,474

Chapter 21: Just another day

Time to go
Chapter 21
Just another day

Hunter sat on the lifting bench, thoroughly exhausted. He had been working out now for the past few hours, and Roid Rage was relentless. His legs all ached, and his wings sat as his sides, content to keep themselves from moving despite his commands. Sweat dripped from his horn and forehead. His mane was drenched, and his tail was frazzled. He couldn't breath in enough. His forelegs dangled at his sides, and his legs dangled from the edge of the bench.

“Alright, I guess you can stop for a five minute break.” Roid Rage said, “but you need to get up and move around, no sense letting your heart rate fall.”

Hunter groaned as he lifted himself off the bench in the middle of the Cloudsdale gym. He wished that he had gone through the wind tunnel last, so that he could cool down, but Roid Rage put him through that first. Roid had known of his great flying abilities and tested him on it before the real work out. Hunter had withstood the third highest setting, before he faltered, and was flattened against the soft clouds at the back of the chamber.

He had put Hunter through some intense training for the last few hours, starting with some basic weight lifting. How could he train him to fight, if he didn't even have any base strength? He increased the load more and more as time went by, and Hunter eventually couldn't take any more, so he had lowered the weight by ten pounds, and made him do as many repetitions of ten as he could do. The number of times lowered as Hunter struggled to life the 85 pounder.

Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash decided she might as well join in, and was breezing through her workout of lifting a 200 pound weight bar in repetitions of ten. Hunter wheezed as Roid Rage let him stop lifting, and had him move on to one of the other machines in the gym. This one made Hunter lift the weights with his legs, and Hunter seemed to have an easy time of it, until Roid Rage put 100 pounds more on the 100 pound weight.

Hunter struggled to do the ten repetitions of ten, but he pulled through just barely, and he sat at the bench for a moment, before Roid Rage brought him back to the weight lifting bench. They repeated this for the whole time they had been in the gym.

Now Hunter was walking around the gym, looking like a gray airbag as he wheezed. Then Rainbow Dash got up from her bench, sweating as she set the now 300 pound bar on the rack. “He looks tired.”

“It's like he's been sitting around for most of his life.” Roid Rage said frowning. “Such laziness, I'm surprised I'm even agreeing to train him.”

“You know he has great potential though don't you?” Rainbow Dash asked, “Did I tell you about the dam incident?”

“What happened?” Roid Rage asked, still focusing on Hunter as he trudged around the gym, drinking from every water fountain he passed.

“He obliterated a river of water with an energy blast. He said it was something like a calmehammerha. Whatever it was, it was amazing, and the whole river had disappeared for miles.” Rainbow Dash explained, chuckling at Hunter as he continued to wander the edges of the gym.

Roid Rage just widened his eyes as he watched the sad excuse for an alicorn walk around the gym. Then he noticed that he wasn't the only pony watching Hunter walk around. The whole of the gym had stopped to stare at the alicorn that was walking around the equipment. Hunter walked lazily to the bench where Rainbow Dash was sitting and promptly fell on the ground. Rainbow Dash looked at Hunter as he lay on the ground, his face resting on the carpet in between her back hooves.

He was a mess, and the rest of the gym looked as if they were going to take this chance to see this new alicorn. As the pegasi started drifting toward the center of the gym, stopping whatever they were doing, Rainbow Dash stood up and was trying to pick Hunter up off the ground.

“Come on Hunter, there's another mob forming!” Rainbow Dash said, trying to get him up off the ground, but he was just dead weight. She realized that if the mob got a hold of him, he would be thrown around like a rag doll. She couldn't let him get trampled, and took drastic measures. “If you don't get up off the ground I'm breaking up with you!”

Hunter's ears perked up at this, and as the mob closed in, Hunter hopped to his hooves, grabbing Rainbow Dash by the waist, and he sped towards the door, his aching wings unfurling. Roid Rage stopped at the door, showing off a bunch of karate kicks, and daring the pegasi to try and get past him. They stared at him for a moment, apparently deciding if it was worth it. They eventually spread out, flying through the walls of the building.

“Well it was worth a shot.” Roid Rage said, running after Hunter and Rainbow Dash. Hunter had surprising speed as he shot through the hallways of the building, turning corners and bursting through cloud doors. Eventually he flew though a cloud wall, and was outside. He let go of Rainbow Dash, and she turned around to fly after him. Hunter stopped for a moment in the sky above Cloudsdale, and Rainbow Dash caught up with him. “Why'd you stop?” She asked, turning around to see the city.

Close to a hundred pegasi were flying up from the city. “So,” Hunter said, turning to Rainbow Dash. “We're dating?”

“Now isn't the time!” Rainbow Dash yelled, “We have to make it back to Roid Rage's office, it's made up of hard clouds, and he has security. It's not exactly public property, so we should be safe there.”

“I never have any luck.” Hunter said, talking about the mob, and Rainbow Dash's refusal to answer. “How are we supposed to get to it? The mob is right in between us and it.”

Rainbow Dash didn't even hesitate when she said, “So?”

Hunter looked at her face, and realized what she was saying when he saw her smile, and her determined expression. She planned to plow right through the group. Hunter smirked as he nodded, agreeing with her plan.

He floated in the defensive stance, and Rainbow Dash copied him. Then Hunter's adrenaline cut out, and he fell, his wings giving out on him. They shouldn't have been this tired, he hadn't even worked them that much. He watched as Rainbow Dash got farther away, and the crowd gasped.

Rainbow Dash immediately sped towards him, they were high in the sky, and so she had plenty of time to catch Hunter. She sped down and grabbed him from the front, his back still facing the ground.

“Don't you fail on me.” She said softly, pulling Hunter up to slow his descent.

Hunter's wings responded immediately, shooting out from his sides and stopping his fall. They were now level with Cloudsdale, and the crowd was above them.

“What, do your wings just like my voice or something?” Rainbow joked.

“Maybe you just have that magic tone.” Hunter said, “I swear they seem to listen to you more then they listen to me.”

This wasn't exactly the case, Hunter's wings were in his control, but they were sore, and they had cramped up on him. Every time Rainbow Dash talked to him in that way she did earlier, adrenaline would pump back into his system, making it easy to push past the pain.

Hunter looked up at the frozen crowd. He looked at the city, and realized that if they started off now, they should be able to make it underneath the cloud layer, before any of the pegasi were able to reach them. They had the advantage of free fall, and gravity, but they might just make it.

A couple of people in the crowd looked at the city, and Hunter could see the gears turn in their heads from here. “We gotta go.” Hunter said, taking off towards the cloud layer that was Cloudsdale. Rainbow Dash flew behind him, and Hunter's wings struggled to push him forward. As soon as they started off, the few in the crowd had started off after them, and eventually the whole mob followed.

One pegasus flew down in front of Hunter putting his hooves out, trying to block him from passing. Hunter didn't even slow down, playing a dangerous game of chicken. It wasn't so dangerous for Hunter as he flew straight on towards this brown colt, whose face was getting more and more nervous by the second. When he realized that Hunter wasn't going to stop he still floated in place, knowing that Hunter wasn't stopping didn't mean he wasn't going to try.

Hunter screeched to a stop in front of the brown pegasus, and peered him in the eye. “You're pretty brave, I respect that.” Hunter said, before booping him on the nose. The colt was visibly confused by this, and Hunter took the moment of confusion to speed past.

Hunter continued to speed forward as some of the ponies stopped to scold the brown pony for letting him get away. As the rest of the mob sped after Hunter, a pair of white hooves popped out from above Hunter in the cloud layer, grabbing him, and Rainbow Dash, before pulling them above the clouds, onto a street.

“Quickly, this way.” Roid Rage said, ushering them behind a building, and down the alleyways.

A bunch of pegasi popped out from below the cloud layer, flying up and looking around. Roid Rage kept them close to the buildings, and behind the walls. Soon, the crowd dispersed, some flying back to the gym, and others grouping up and going off into other directions.

The three made their way back to the gym, now confident that they were safe. They still took the alley ways, and waited for a few minutes before reentering. Rainbow Dash walked in first, and made sure that nopony was in the entrance way. They snuck Hunter into the dojo part of the gym, where Roid knew they wouldn't be as noticed. Then Roid brought Hunter to the ring, where, despite Hunter's complaints, he started teaching him moves, and kicks and things.

Roid Rage continued this training regimen with Hunter until the doors to the dojo opened and a familiar looking brown pony walked in.

Hunter looked over and watched the brown pony walk in, putting on his workout clothes, and putting his belt around his head. Hunter didn't know very much about the colors of belts, but Hunter didn't think a white belt was very high.

“Hey Jordan,” Roid Rage said, “Come over here there's somepony I want you to meet.”

The brown pony's ears perked up at the calling of his name, and he spun around facing Roid, and then at the gray pony in front of him. “I believe we've met.” Jordan said, glaring a little.

“No way.” Hunter said, “You're the same pony I just got finished avoiding!”

“Nice to meet you too.” Jordan said, sarcastically. He was a darker shade of brown, resembling freshly tilled earth. His mane was a deep orange color. Hunter thought this made him look artificial. His cutie mark was a tornado, with sparks shooting out of it. He walked over to Hunter and put out a hoof, “My name's Jordan.”

“What kind of a pony name is Jordan?” Hunter asked, completing the hoof shake.

“It isn't.” Jordan said bluntly.

Hunter's eyes widened. “My name's Hunter.”

“What kind of pony name is Hunter?” Jordan asked.

“It isn't.” Hunter said, grinning.

The two of them stood there, their hooves still in each others grip, still shaking. They just stared at each other for a moment. Then they both smirked and Hunter brought his hoof up, while Jordan sent his hoof down. They brought them back together and bumped them, reversing the movements and bumping them again. They then brought their hooves back and completed a hoof bump, before grabbing the others hoof, and bringing themselves closer as if they were going to arm wrestle.

“Did I miss something here?” Roid Rage asked. “Do you two already know each other?”

“No,” They responded together. “but I have a feeling that we have a lot more in common than you would think.” Hunter said.

“A lot more in common.” Jordan emphasized.

They stood for a moment, forelegs locked and Roid Rage stared at them with a quizzical expression on his face. Rainbow Dash just walked over and split them up with a karate chop to the hooves. “Alright lover boys, time to get cracking.”

Hunter and Jordan rubbed their hooves where Rainbow had smacked them, and looked over at Roid Rage.
“Now what?” Hunter asked.

“Now you spar.” Roid said plainly.

Hunter turned back towards Jordan, to see a fist flying at his face. He had no time to react, and so he got plowed. He stepped backwards a few steps before straightening out, and holding his lip. He was sure it would bruise as he wiped the traces of blood where his teeth had cut his lip.

“That was just uncalled for.” Hunter said, setting himself in the defensive stance.

“That was for earlier.” Jordan said.

“You mean that little poke was just too much for you to handle?” Hunter asked, mockingly.

Jordan just smirked as he ran forward, sending a hoof at Hunter's face. Hunter was ready this time, and easily dodged, grabbing Jordan's hoof as it passed, he pulled it forward with his right hoof, moving his left hoof up to push Jordan's foreleg. Jordan's forward momentum was too much to stop, and Hunter flung him over his shoulder, and Jordan crashed on the floor.

Hunter backed away as Jordan swung his legs around in an attempt to knock Hunter's legs. Jordan stood up on all fours and started after Hunter, moving from four, to two legs as he brought his forelegs up for an attack. Hunter watched as Jordan's weight was completely shifted forward, and dove underneath Jordan, back hooves first. Hunter's kick hit Jordan in his legs and Jordan went flying over him, crashing into the wall.

Hunter stood back up, and again returned to the defensive stance. Jordan picked himself up, and copied Hunter. They stood for a moment, until Hunter realized he should probably go on the offensive. He started forward, sending his right hoof towards Jordan's face. Jordan moved his left hoof up to block, but was surprised as it encountered no resistance. Then he got clobbered as Hunter brought his right hoof around for a hit on Jordan's right side. His feint had been successful, and Jordan stumbled to his left, before being kicked in the stomach by Hunter's back right hoof, which caused him to fall to his knees with a groan.

“Come on Jordan!” Roid said, “You've been here much longer than Hunter has, haven't you learned to read your opponent's movements yet?”

Jordan gasped for air for a moment, before standing back up, holding his stomach. “There's no way you're new at this.” Jordan said, coughing.

“Alright, I'll admit.” Hunter said, bouncing on his back hooves like a boxer, “I took a class on reacting, and they trained us in fighting, but only basic stuff. The rest I just thought about when I had nothing else to do.”

“So, you've basically thought out, exactly how you would fight someone if you ever got the chance?” Jordan asked, releasing his stomach, and returning to the fighting stance.

“Basically.” Hunter replied.

“You must have been really bored a lot of the time.” Jordan said with a smirk.

“That's pretty much it.” Hunter replied plainly.

Jordan had recovered, and was running his training through his mind. He watched Hunter's movements, and noticed that Hunter was slowly coming closer to him with every bounce, his left hoof forward. Then Hunter gripped the floor with his back right hoof, bringing his back left hoof up for a spin kick. Jordan grabbed Hunter's hoof out of the air, and threw it upwards, causing Hunter to do a flip. Hunter landed with his back towards Jordan, and Jordan was already behind him. Hunter got a punch to the back, before he swept for Jordan's legs. Jordan jumped harmlessly over them, before bringing his back right hoof in for a kick to Hunter's face.

Hunter was sent into the wall, and Jordan landed with a grin. Hunter removed his head from the clouds, and stood up. He took a moment to regain coherence, and then glared at Jordan. Hunter ran towards Jordan full speed. He went to hit him with his right hoof and tried the feint again. “You can't do the same trick twice.” Jordan thought to himself as he blocked Hunter's hoof from the right, instead of the left. Except this time he got hit in the stomach. Hunter had done something really awkward, but it had worked. His right foreleg had come around to hit Jordan, but when it got blocked he had brought his back right hoof up for a kick in the stomach.

Hunter brought his hooves down, and jumped, clearing Jordan off the mat with a spin kick to the right side of the face. Jordan was laid out in front of Roid, and Roid Rage just looked down at his pupil.

Jordan pushed himself onto his front hooves, and looked up at his teacher. Roid Rage just gave him a frown, and Jordan knew he was more than a little disappointed. He sighed as he put his face back down into the cloud floor.

Hunter wiped his brow, “Phew, that was easy.” Hunter said, floating over to Jordan on the ground.

Jordan flipped over, and was about to retort, when Hunter stuck his hoof out, offering to pick him up. Jordan smirked again, and grabbed it. Hunter was about to pull him up when Jordan pulled on his foreleg. Hunter fell forward and got a kick to the stomach, as Jordan sent Hunter over his head onto the ground behind him.

Hunter landed with an “oof!” and lay for a second, quietly. Then Hunter started to snicker. Jordan was wondering what he thought was so funny, he had just been knocked on his flank. He couldn't help but snicker back at the thought of it.

Then Hunter was chuckling, and Jordan was laughing quietly. Soon the pair were full on laughing their flanks off.

“What the heck is with those two?” Roid Rage asked, “It's like they know each other, then they look like they hate each other, then they laugh together like they've been good friends forever.”

Hunter and Jordan helped each other up, still laughing. They leaned on each other as they tried to get rid of their giggles. Then out of nowhere Rainbow Dash took a swing at Jordan, knocking him back into the ring, and kicking Hunter, landing him on top of Jordan.

“All right,” Rainbow Dash said, “let's see how you do against me.”

Hunter stood up and laughed. Jordan stood up as well, but had more of a fearful expression on his face.

“What's so funny?” Rainbow Dash said with a grin.

“Nothing really.” Hunter said, wiping the tears from his eyes. “I was just thinking at how bad we would lose.”

“Oh gee thanks.” Jordan said, “Real confidence booster.”

Hunter went to the defensive stance, and Jordan copied shortly after. Hunter suddenly turned serious. “Our only chance of survival is to dodge as much as possible.” Hunter said quietly. “Read her movements, and I know we can hold out. Don't go on the offensive until I tell you.”

Rainbow Dash walked slowly towards them in a circular motion. Hunter and Jordan mimicked the motion, and they circled around the ring. Rainbow Dash expected them to make the first strike for some kind of advantage. Then after a couple minutes of circling, she realized they were going to stay on the defensive.

“Have it your way.” Rainbow Dash said, stepping towards them.

“This isn't Burger King.” Hunter chuckled.

Rainbow Dash stopped for a moment and raised a eyebrow. “What's a burger king?”

Hunter took the moment of dropped defenses to sweep Rainbow's legs. He didn't continue his attack however, and Rainbow Dash landed on the ground with a thud.

Rainbow Dash spit out the clouds, and stood back up. An angrier look on her face.

“That was our one chance.” Jordan said, “I think you just blew it.”

“Stick to the plan.” Hunter said, joking.

Rainbow Dash charged this time, running at Hunter with a hoof raised. Hunter noticed that her real target was Jordan, the way she didn't really put her movements into a full on attack towards him. He grabbed Jordan's legs and pulled, causing Jordan to fall before Rainbow Dash could land a hit on him. Rainbow Dash looked surprised, and Hunter swung Jordan through the air, slamming him into Rainbow's waist.

Rainbow Dash was sent towards the wall, but stopped herself before she hit it, skidding to a halt and putting out her wings. She looked up to see Jordan flying straight at her. Jordan's hooves collided with her face, and Hunter continued using his momentum. He swung Jordan around, slamming Rainbow's left side. She attempted to block, but how do you block an entire pony coming at you?

Rainbow was sent into the wall, and her head popped out of the dojo. She watched as a pegasus was flying against a fan. The sudden appearance of Rainbow's head caused him to lose his concentration, and the exercising pony was sent at the wall.

The fan was turned off, and his friend came into the room as Rainbow returned to the dojo. “What happened” Asked a voice behind the wall. “I don't know, some pony's head just appeared.”

“You're seeing things bro, maybe you need some more hydration.” Said the pony on the other side of the wall. “Maybe you're right.” The other voice agreed.

Rainbow filled the hole in the wall with the surrounding clouds, and turned to face Hunter and Jordan. Hunter was back in the defensive stance, and an obviously disoriented Jordan was trying to stand, looking dizzy.

“What the heck man!” Jordan yelled when he regained his senses. “That wasn't part of the plan!”

“Plans change.” Hunter said plainly. “Might wanna dodge that train coming at you though.”

“What?” Jordan said, turning towards Rainbow Dash. She was visibly furious, and looked like she was out for blood. “Holy crap!” Jordan yelled, as he leaned back, letting Rainbow's fist fly inches in front of his face. Rainbow Dash brought her hoof back, and Jordan stood up straight again. Rainbow Dash was about to land a hit on Jordan. There was no time to move his middle out of the way. Then Hunter's hoof came from nowhere, and punched Rainbow's hoof causing her to spin a little.

Rainbow stopped spinning to see Hunter shaking his hoof. “Not today.” Hunter chuckled, in his best Dikembe impression.

Rainbow decided it was time to switch targets. Rainbow sent punch after punch in Hunter's direction as well as a few kicks. Hunter dodged them with ease. He moved around the ring, as if in a dance. He had his hooves behind his back, and he was moving his 'feet' around, without them really leaving the ground. They drifted from one place to another as Rainbow Dash tried to land a hit.

At one point Rainbow Dash tried punching from both sides of his body, trying to trap him inside a flurry of blows. Hunter wobbled back and forth, staying on the outside, and quickly switching before Rainbow's hits could land. Jordan just watched with eyes wide, gobsmacked. How had he even hit Hunter at all? Was it because Hunter was so focused on being on the defensive that he could dodge so easily?

This must have been it, because as soon as Hunter would go on the offensive, he would get hit. Hunter continued to twirl his way around Rainbow's flying fists, and Rainbow was breathing heavily as her blows continued to land on nothing. Eventually Hunter decided that it was enough, and a blow came towards his face. He didn't move, but instead raised his right hoof up, grabbing Rainbow's hoof. Rainbow brought her other hoof to punch, and Hunter grabbed that one as well.

Rainbow wasn't going to be stopped that easily, and raised a hoof up for a kick. Luckily Jordan had regained his senses, and was there to back him up. He stopped Rainbow's legs from kicking and she was stuck. She sent her wings out, trying to slap the two enough to have them release her. Hunter's wings shot out from his sides, enveloping Rainbow Dash and keeping her wings pinned.

“So,” Hunter chuckled. “How are you?”

Rainbow Dash scoffed. “Fine.” She responded.

“Are you calmed down yet?” Hunter asked sweetly.

“Yes.” Rainbow said gruffly.

“I can't hear you.” Hunter said, a sweet tone still in his voice.

“Yes, I'm calm.” Rainbow Dash said, “Can you let go of me now?”

“I suppose so.” Hunter said, his wings retracting, and his hooves releasing Rainbow's. Jordan dropped Rainbow Dash onto her hooves, and backed away quickly, expecting her to hit them anyways. Hunter smiled at Rainbow Dash as her face turned sour. “I really don't like losing.” She said flatly.

“I know.” Hunter said, “That's why it's my time to go on the offensive.”

With this he spun around with a kick. Rainbow Dash blocked it quickly, and grabbing him, sent him towards the wall. Hunter's wings unfurled, and he spun around in the air, as soon as she released. This was unexpected, and Rainbow Dash barely had time to block before Hunter released his volley of attacks.

Rainbow quickly saw through his blows, and grabbed his hoof. Hunter was thrown off balance, and slammed into the floor. Jordan took this opportunity to attack Rainbow Dash from behind, getting a good kick into her side, before hitting her on the head.

Rainbow responded with a buck, and Jordan was sent into another wall, Hunter had gotten back onto his front feet, and did the same thing to Rainbow Dash, sending her into the wall with Jordan.

Jordan just groaned as Rainbow Dash fell onto the floor. Hunter stood up, wiping his face again, and rushing towards Rainbow Dash. She threw up her hooves to block, closing her eyes as she cowered on the floor from the oncoming attack, but she didn't feel a hit or anything. She peered over her hooves to see Hunter holding out a hoof.

She grabbed it and attempted to pull the same trick Jordan had earlier, only to have Hunter pull her into the air. He didn't throw her into anything though, he just stood her on her feet. “I think that's enough for now.” Hunter said.

“I agree.” Roid said, the other ponies had almost forgotten he was even there. “That was some impressive fighting Hunter, you've really improved. Good job to you as well Jordan, you make a good weapon.” For the first time in a while Roid Rage laughed.

Jordan just slid off the wall, and hung his head with a groan. Hunter flew over to where Roid Rage was and Rainbow followed after. They were all in a group in the middle of the ring.

“Now what?” Hunter asked.

“I suppose you can all go home now.” Roid Rage said, “Just leave out the floor,” Roid Rage opened up a hole in the ground before continuing. “Don't wanna get swarmed again.”

“Right,” Rainbow Dash said, as the other two flew outside. “Thanks boss.”

Rainbow Dash could barely hear Roid Rage say “Anytime.” As she zoomed out of the room to join her friends below Cloudsdale.

><><

Hunter laid on his couch, spread out as he napped. Rainbow Dash and Jordan had to carry Hunter halfway home, after his tired wings gave out, and he couldn't walk he was so tired. Jordan also turned out to a be a weather pony for Ponyville, but he had always been in one of the other teams, one that Rainbow Dash hadn't had much contact with.

Jordan and Rainbow Dash sat in the house, as Michael and Trixie continued their campaign to save the human race.

“So what did you guys do all day that would make Hunter so exhausted?” Michael finally asked, breaking the silence.

“We had him work out.” Rainbow Dash said, getting some apple juice from the kitchen for everyone.

“Ah,” Michael said, understanding. “Hunter sure hasn't done that in a while.”

Michael got a smack on the back of his head.

“Hey!” Michael said turning to see who had hit him. Hunter had been resting, but that didn't mean he had been asleep. He whacked the dragon sitting in front of the couch he was laying on and opened his eyes. “I can hear you,” Hunter said. “I'm not sleeping.”

“Fair enough.” Michael said, turning around to help Trixie take out some elites.

Hunter shifted to an upright position. “Hey Jordan,” He said, “Didn't think you would stick around.”

“I don't really have much else to do today,” Jordan said, “I didn't exactly have the bright idea to bring my xbox into Equestria like you did.”

Hunter chuckled as he turned towards the T.V.

“How many times have you guys played this anyways?” Hunter asked.

“I think we've finished the campaign more than twenty times.” Trixie said.

Hunter widened his eyes. “Why don't you just do the spartan ops?” Hunter asked.

“The what?” Trixie asked.

“Michael, you are a failure.” Hunter joked.

“She was enjoying the campaign so much I thought she didn't care!” Michael argued.

“Well if she doesn't know there's nothing else to play, she won't care will she?” Hunter asked.

“Fine.” Michael said, “Might as well finish this one though.”

Hunter stretched, his wings unfurling to their full size.

Jordan's eyes went considerably large, and he spewed some apple juice.

Hunter turned around. “What's wrong?”

“Your wings!” Jordan pointed. “Their huge!”

Hunter looked at his wings and extended them again. They looked slightly bigger sure, but he had never really looked at them, and they looked normal.

“They don't seem that big to me.” Hunter said, peering around his wings with a curious look on his face.

“Are you kidding Hunter?” Rainbow Dash said, “You have giant wings.”

Hunter felt like they were making fun of him for some reason. “They aren't that big.” He said quietly.

He sent them out to his sides instead of straight up. They covered the whole couch, and a little more. “Rainbow Dash, sit on the couch and unfold your wings.” Hunter said, hopping up over the back. Rainbow Dash set down her mug and got up from her chair at the table. She hopped over the back and sat in the middle. She put her wings out, and they only covered two thirds of the whole couch.

“I guess they are a little big.” Hunter said. “Why didn't you mention anything before?” Hunter asked Rainbow Dash, as she hopped back over the couch. The two gamers stood up and sat on the couch, their eyes locked on the screen the whole time.

“They weren't that big until recently,” Rainbow Dash said, “I had my suspicions, but I wasn't sure.”

“Alright fine,” Hunter drooped a little, “So I have big wings, so what?”

“Wings usually don't continue to grow after a certain point. Even then, they don't grow that fast.” Rainbow Dash said, sitting back down at the table. “Whatever the reason, you probably shouldn't be showing off those giant wings of yours, probably attract too much unwanted attention.”

“Why don't I just introduce myself to Ponyville and get it over with?” Hunter asked, “That way I won't have to sneak around so much.”

“Maybe later,” Jordan said, “The ponies are preparing for a celebration right now.”

“What kind of celebration?” Hunter asked. “Like the summer sun celebration?”

“Cider season!” Rainbow Dash yelled. “I can't wait!”

“You think they'll have enough this year?” Hunter asked, “Or do you think Pinkie is going to drink a whole barrel before we get to it again?”

“Don't worry about that.” Rainbow Dash said, coolly, “They've upped production since the last few years, now they have the cider station in the middle of town, and they fill the entire town hall with barrels of the stuff.”

“Sounds amazing.” Hunter said. He had always been curious as to how the Apple Family's cider tasted. “I guess I could tell everypony who I am at the same time, while they're all gathered for the cider.”

“Sounds like a plan, but what are we going to do in the meantime?” Jordan asked, “I'm so bored.”

“I'm too sore to do much,” Hunter said, leaning back in his chair.

“I wasn't thinking of doing anything too intense either,” Jordan said, leaning back in his chair. “You think I'm not sore?”

“I suppose not.” Hunter said, moving his head to face Rainbow Dash. “What about you? Are you even a little sore after that?”

“Not even a little bit.” Rainbow boasted, stretching her wings, and kissing her foreleg muscles. Then her wing cramped up and she rubbed it gingerly. “Alright, so maybe you guys gave me a run for my money.”

Hunter chuckled lightly at this. Laughing still hurt. “I guess we could go visit some ponies, or stay here and play some Xbox.”

Just as Hunter said this, the credits played on the screen of the T.V.

“Perfect,” Hunter said, slowly moving from his chair, “If you don't mind?” Hunter asked Michael, beckoning for the controller.

“Fine.” Michael said, handing the controller over, “Come on Trixie, we have things to do anyways.”

Trixie had been hesitant in handing Jordan her controller. Then when Michael said this, she relented, and Jordan plopped down on the couch where Trixie had only just been sitting. Hunter took Michael's spot, and as Jordan got reacquainted with using a controller, Hunter started up the campaign.

“So how long have you been a pony?” Hunter asked Jordan.

“Wait,” Michael interjected. “You mean he's a human too?” Michael asked, pointing at Jordan.

“Yeah,” Hunter said plainly, “I thought you would have figured it out when you found out his name was Jordan.”

“I just thought that maybe somepony was being rebellious in their naming of children.” Michael said.

“I've been here for a couple years now. Enough time to meet a nice mare, get married, get a nice job. I haven't played a video game in so long.”

Hunter just froze. He slowly turned his wide eyed head to look at Jordan. “You mean you're married, and you just came over without any consideration?”

“Yeah,” Jordan said, “I was going to be at the Cloudsdale gym all day anyways.”

“Being married isn't the same as having parents,” Hunter said, leaning towards Jordan on the couch. “You don't check in because your parents told you to, you tell your wife what's going on because you care.”

“Are you married?” Jordan asked plainly.

“Uhm...” Hunter stuttered. “No.”

“Alright then.” Jordan said, turning back towards the T.V. “Don't proceed to lecture me then.”

Hunter sat back on the couch, gobsmacked at Jordan's behavior. He started up the campaign and the two descended into a game coma. Barely talking and focused completely on the game.

“Guys?” Rainbow Dash asked, waving her hooves in front of their faces.

“Hey, stop that.” Hunter said, “I can't see.”

“Ugh.” Rainbow Dash grunted, and then sighed. “Well where do you two wanna go?” Rainbow Dash asked Michael and Trixie, realizing that trying to interrupt the two pegasi was going to be impossible.

“We were going to go down to Sugarcube Corner.” Michael said, “Trixie's first shift is in an hour.”

“Well that sounds like fun, maybe I'll come with, if only to see Pinkie Pie.” Rainbow said, not wanting to seem like she was hanging out with Trixie.

“If you must.” Trixie said, “Come Michael, we must get going.”

Michael jumped on Trixie's back and they walked outside, magically teleporting to the ground below the house. Rainbow Dash followed them out, and after taking a quick glance back inside the house at the two new friends, she sighed and closed the door.

“Lazy bucks.” Rainbow Dash scoffed. With that, she flew off towards Ponyville, with Michael and Trixie, running along below her.

><><

Skull Trap frowned at the scene before him. He had been walking for a full day, and his scrying spell told him that he hadn't made much progress. He had thought that his cave entrance was much closer to the town, and so to Canterlot, then he now realized. It would take him much longer than he had expected to reach the disgusting little town, and he didn't feel like he should have to wait much longer.

The creatures along the way were proving to be more than worth it however, and he continued to leave a trail of death and decay in his wake. He had to move faster however, or else Celestia would be alerted to his presence, and confront him before he had the chance to absorb anything substantial.

“It should only be a few more days from a week.” Skull Trap thought to himself, looking over his new map. “A week and a half.”

Perfect. There weren't any cities near him other than the one he was moving towards, and nopony dared live in the wilderness he wandered through. Nopony would be able to alert Celestia until he got his precious power.

Skull Trap smirked as he continued his path of destruction.

><><

The night went on without much of interest. Hunter had to quit in the middle of the first mission so that Jordan could play the second halo game. Jordan had left Earth before being able to play it, and was lost in the plot of Halo 4. After they beat the second one, they continued on.

Eventually Hunter and Jordan had regained the ability to play with the controllers with no problem, and they were proficient at playing by the end of the day. Rainbow Dash had come back while they were in the middle of playing the third one, but she left after she realized that they were still stuck in the zone.

Long into the night, they played, slowly improving, and increasing the difficulty as they changed games. By the time they reached Halo 4 they were on Heroic and they were beating it easily.

Soon the game was over, and they sat there for a moment.

“Well, I guess we're finished.” Hunter said.

“I should be getting home.” Jordan said, with a short yawn. “My wife is going to be missing me.”

“I understand.” Hunter said standing up. Jordan stood up as well and then they both stretched. They stood for a moment, quietly.

Then their muscles complained.

They cramped up and sat back down on the couch. “Gaaaaaaaahhh” Hunter and Jordan yelled together.

Their cramps eventually relented, and they were able to stand up slowly again.

“Do you think you can make it back?” Hunter asked.

“I think the only thing I can manage is flying to the ground. I might be able to walk home from there.” Jordan said.

“Alright, I'll come with you.” Hunter said.

“What? Why?” Jordan asked, walking slowly to the door.

“I want to make sure you make it back all right.” Hunter said, following him.

Jordan put on a serious face. “You know that if you come with me, you might not make it back.”

Hunter put on the same face. “I know, I'm willing to take that risk.”

Jordan opened up the door and stretched his wings. Hunter followed after and his giant wings unfurled on his back. Making a whoosh noise, and causing a small gust of wind.

“Show off.” Jordan smirked.

“They were smaller yesterday.” Hunter said.

Then they slowly lifted off. Alright good so far. They attempted a slow pace towards town. Their wings had no complaints, so they were good as long as they kept it slow.

“What a nice night to be flying at a slow pace over the best city ever.” Hunter said, pointing out the way the moon shined over Ponyville, once again lighting the quiet town with a brilliant blue aura.

“You said it.” Jordan said.

They sailed quietly through the air, the only sounds were made from their wings as they flapped. Eventually Jordan started his descent out of the clouds, and Hunter followed after him.

They reached a quaint little house, one that seemed just like the rest of the houses in Ponyville. This one was painted orange, and there was still light shining through the windows. Hunter thought it was sweet that his wife was still waiting up for him.

They opened the door and Jordan walked inside, before turning around and waving Hunter in. Hunter walked in slowly, trying not to make any noise and found himself in the kitchen.

“Your kitchen is closest to the door?” Hunter asked.

“It's so my wife doesn't have to walk as far.” Jordan said, not holding back his laughter.

Hunter just slapped his hoof against his forehead and frowned. “I thought I had escaped that kind of thing when I left Earth.”

“Still got it.” Jordan said to himself.

“Still got what exactly?” Said a sweet voice from the stairs.

Jordan's ears perked up and he looked scared. He looked towards the stairs. “I uh, I got... I still got all my love for you.” He said, with a weak smile on his face.

“Right,” Said the voice sarcastically from the stairwell. “and this is?”

“I'm Hunter.” Hunter said, putting his hoof out to greet the mysterious figure in the doorway. “It's a pleasure to meet you...”

“My name is Lapis Canvas.” A dark pink pony, with a blue mane said. A paintbrush with a bit of sparkling blue paint on the end as her cutie mark. She walked out of the stairway into the light of the kitchen. “It's a pleasure to meet you too. I just hope my terrible excuse for a husband hasn't rubbed off his bad manners on you.”

Jordan just chuckled and rubbed his head, in the same way Hunter did when he was embarrassed.

“Well I was just making sure Jordan made it home alright, his wings were sore, and I wanted to make sure he didn't crash along the way.” Hunter explained.

“That's so considerate of you.” Lapis said, “Unlike someponies I know.” She said, glaring at Jordan.

Jordan continued to rub his head, and chuckle weakly.

“I guess I should leave you to his punishment then?” Hunter asked, looking over at Jordan with a smirk.

“Oh trust me.” Lapis said, walking up to Jordan. “I have something painful in mind.”

Hunter was outside, and the door was closed faster than Jordan could say goodbye.

Hunter sighed, and walked away from the house. He walked along in the moonlit night, and continued to take in the scenery and brisk night air. He found himself in the Ponyville town center, standing on a stage that had been set up for cider season. It looked like it had two giant supports on both sides of the stage, apparently for holding cider barrels, and lines had been constructed out of poles and rope.

Hunter stood on the stage, watching the moonlight dance on the street. He didn't even move his gaze from the moon when he heard a pair of wings flapping next to him.

“I was wondering if I would get another chance to talk with you.” Hunter said in a quiet voice, as if studying the moon had his attention.

“We were hoping to speak with you as well.” Luna said, folding her wings.

Hunter glanced over at Luna. Her mane was still as lovely as ever, and it sparkled brilliantly in the night air. Hunter returned to staring at the moon.

“How have you adjusted to your life here in Ponyville?” Luna asked, trying to look Hunter in the eye from his left side.

“It's been great.” Hunter replied. He never took his eyes off of the beautiful moon.

Luna began to wonder what he saw in the floating sphere. “What has thee so enthralled little one?”

Hunter didn't respond as he thought about the night he had flown with Rainbow Dash, and the brilliant moon that was behind them when Michael took his pictures. He blinked a couple times, and turned towards the princess, looking disoriented.

“Did you say something?” Hunter asked.

“We asked thee what was so interesting about our moon.” Luna stated, more than a little curious at this point.

“The moon is my favorite celestial body.” Hunter said plainly, “I could sit and stare at the beautiful moon for hours on end. Nothing ever seems to compare to the night sky, and the brilliant white sphere that commands it.”

At this Hunter returned his attention to the sky, and Luna was left to sit next to the strange alicorn in silence. This time however she looked up at the sky as well. She was always the one to raise the moon, and envelop the sky in stars, but she had never paid as much attention to them as she thought. At least, not as much attention as Hunter seemed to.

“Who woulda thunk,” Hunter said, “That the sky in Equestria would have my favorite constellation in it.”

Luna glanced over at Hunter to see that he was grinning slightly, his eyes wide with admiration.

“To be honest, nopony ever seems to admire my night, quite like you do.” Luna said, quieter than usual.

Hunter looked over at the princess, “Is that so?” He asked, before relaxing a bit from the stiff position he had been admiring the sky in, and sitting down. “A lot of ponies are missing out then.”

Luna smiled a little bit and said, “Well there was one other.” She raised her eyes to the stars, and thought about a pegasus she had known long ago.

Hunter had a good guess as to who it was, but said nothing. Instead content to sit with the Princess quietly on the stage. They sat for what seemed like a couple hours before Hunter glanced around, his surroundings were suddenly more active then they had been.

The leaves were skidding around with the light breeze, which was normal. There were shadows shifting in the night, which was a little creepy but normal enough. There was a loud yell, which wasn't normal at all.

“Let's go.” Hunter said, jumping off the stage, and running towards the source of the noise.

Luna had also heard the noise, and took to the skies, trying to get an aerial view. Hunter was content to stay on the ground, considering how sore his muscles still were. Luna flew over to the other side of the houses on the street and called to Hunter. Hunter risked a flap of his wings to clear the rooftops, and landed on the other street, Luna flying above him.

Down the road was a slightly familiar beige unicorn. He was wearing a black and white striped scarf, and one of his legs looked shiny. The strangest thing about him, that Hunter could see from that distance, is that he was being attacked by shadows.

Hunter heard the stallion yell something, and one of the shadowy figures burst into flame, blasting it apart, and releasing the shadow. Yet, he was being backed into a corner, and needed assistance. Hunter was still running towards the unicorn in distress, but he had no idea how he was going to help. Maybe if he channeled his energy...

Luna sent beams of magic at multiple targets, vaporizing them, and the unicorn took out his fair share of attackers as he saw that help had arrived.

Hunter was now a good ten feet away from the crowd of shadowy figures, their eyes were made of green fire, and they looked like pony skeletons. Hunter moved the energy to his hands, and soon small orbs of green energy were at his hooves. He pointed them towards the mysterious attackers and willed them to fire.

Surprisingly, that was all it took, and soon Hunter had fired two green spheres at the skeletons, blasting two of them to smithereens. Hunter looked down at his hooves, a little in awe at what he had just done.

“Sweet.” Hunter said, smirking and raising his hooves back up for another round. The skeletons had turned around, and were now approaching Hunter. Hunter pulled his arm in, as if cocking a shotgun. chuk chik, boom, Hunter made the noises with his teeth as he fired off another shot. chuk chik, boom.

Hunter continued to shoot his “guns”, and Luna was dispelling the shadows with bursts of magic from the air. The unicorn they were attempting to save continued to set the skeletons closest to him on fire, but they were getting too close, and he was getting weak.

Hunter saw the unicorn falter, and fall backwards on the ground. The skeletons moved in, and almost grabbed him, before Luna blasted the two closest to the pony, and landed between the skeletons and the fallen spellcaster.

Hunter didn't try risking his wings to fly over, he might fall right into the middle of the huge group. Hunter tried to count the skeletons, but there were a lot of them, and he only counted ten before he lost his concentration, shooting another shadow. Hunter thought there must be at least ten more.

The skeletons had split into two groups and the bigger group made it's way towards Luna. For Hunter it was easy enough to back away from the skeletons and blast them, and he had quickly taken out the small group that was after him. Hunter looked over at the large group of skeletons that now surrounded Luna.

Hunter watched as Luna's slowly charged magic took out one skeleton after another, but it was too slow. Like a bolt action against a zombie horde.

Hunter set his arms to automatic, and ran at the group. He held up his arms, and soon small green bullets of energy were ripping through the group of skeletons. They fell to the ground in heaps of hole riddled bones. Many of the skulls seemed to be snapping still, as if still alive. Hunter fell to his knees as his energy for that last attack had been more than he had expected.

Luna picked the unicorn up off the ground before jumping over the clacking skulls to help Hunter onto his feet.

“Thanks a lot.” The unicorn said, “I don't think I would've been able to take all those out by myself.”

“No big deal,” Hunter said, panting slightly as he tried to catch his breath. Why was he so out of breath all of the sudden? Hunter looked up at the unicorn. “What were those anyway?”

“Just some undead that were sent to kill me.” The unicorn said plainly.

“Oh yeah,” Hunter chuckled as he stopped leaning on Luna, getting back onto his own four hooves. “No big deal I'm sure.”

“Finally somepony understands.” The unicorn said, chuckling.

Hunter went to step on one of the many skulls that were making their way around with their jaws, opening and closing them quickly to wobble around.

“Wait stop!” The unicorn suddenly interjected.

Hunter brought his hoof back up and instead of crushing the skull he instead kicked it back into the middle of the road, where the main group of them were.

“Why wouldn't I want to kill these exactly?” Hunter asked. He would have to hurry this up, he was getting weak, and he knew that he would need Luna's help to make it back home already.

“They're pieces of my soul, you can't shatter them.” The unicorn said.

Hunter just looked up at Luna, who shrugged slightly, before looking back at the unicorn with a question on his face. He was about to ask it, when the unicorn raised his metal hoof, pointing it at the skulls.

“I'll show you.”

At this, the green fire in the eyes of the skulls flew out in thin strands of flame. They swirled through the air towards his hoof, before making contact, and setting him ablaze. Luna's eyes widened as she started moving towards the unicorn, but was stopped by Hunter's hoof.

“He seems to know what he's doing.” Hunter said, a stern, yet fascinated look on his face.

The skulls stopped moving, and soon the unicorn was completely engulfed in the green fire.

“It burns! Ahhhhhhh!” The unicorn screamed, trying to put the flames out.

“Or maybe not.” Hunter said.

The unicorn stopped hopping around as the fire left his body, and was seemingly absorbed into the metal of his front right leg. He stood for a moment, as the rushing sound the fire had made, stopped, and looked at the two alicorns.

“See? Nothing to it.” He said, before falling promptly face first, onto the sidewalk.

“Well.” Hunter said, “That was interesting.”

“Indeed.” Luna agreed, now moving unhindered towards the now unconscious unicorn. She lifted him up off the concrete, and looked at him. He looked like a normal unicorn, his short brown mane and tail spiky, and his scarf still locked in place around his neck.

Hunter thought he looked silly as he drooped in Luna's grip, leaning back, and drooling slightly.

“Well,” Hunter said, walking up next to Luna. “What should we do with him? He looks harmless enough, just so long as he doesn't spontaneously combust.”

Luna set him back down on the sidewalk, gently this time, and thought for a moment.

“I could take him back to my place.” Hunter suggested.

“Would you harbor this stallion for us?” Luna asked, “I do not think our sister would take kindly to us bringing in mysterious ponies off the streets.”

“Sure,” Hunter said. “Right, because letting me take in the mysterious pony is a much better idea. No guards, just weakened me, and my friend the dragon.” Hunter thought to himself. “I'm going to need a lift home, however, I'm too weak from that fight, and from being so sore I don't think I can fly back up to my house.”

“Very well.” Luna said, folding her wings again. “We shall walk him back for you.”

Luna picked up the unicorn with her magic, and placed him on her back. Hunter and Luna walked silently through the streets, before reaching the outskirts of town, and walking through the trees towards the cloud house.

“Not many nightly duties this evening?” Hunter asked.

“We find time to visit a city every night.” Luna said, “We try to make sure that nothing bad happens during the night.”

“Don't the cities have any guards?” Hunter asked, “Otherwise, why would you have to keep watch on the cities if there isn't enough danger.”

“We like to make sure that bad things do not happen, but that does not mean bad things happen.” Luna explained. “Besides, sometimes it is easier for us to enter dreams when we go into the city of the ponies we are trying to watch over.”

“Makes sense.” Hunter said. They reached the house after a few more silent minutes and Hunter looked up. The lights were still on.

Luna blinked up to the porch, and set the unicorn on the hard cloud steps, before returning back to the ground. Hunter didn't even have time to react before he was up on his porch.

“Thanks a lot Luna,” Hunter said, “Nice talking with you.”

“It was nice to talk with thee as well.” Luna said, before opening her wings, and taking to the night sky.

Hunter looked down at the sleeping unicorn on his porch. He looked peaceful. Hunter kicked him in the side. No response. “Wow, he really is out.”

Hunter knocked on the door. After some shuffling, and a couple giggles, the door opened. Michael opened the door wide, standing directly in front of it, and wiping his face.

Hunter smirked, then smiled wide, then laughed out loud.

Michael just frowned. “What's so funny?”

“Who is it?” Asked a Trixie's sweet voice from behind the door.

“It's just Hunter, finally getting back.” Michael turned his head, and said back. Michael focused back on Hunter, who had finished laughing. Then he noticed the pony on their doorstep.

“Who's that?” Michael asked, pointing to the unicorn.

“I don't know actually,” Hunter said, looking down at the sleeping form, “but Luna said I should harbor him for the night.”

“Why?” Michael asked, leaning up against the door frame.

“Help me carry him up to my room, I'll explain on the way there.” Hunter said, turning to pick up the sleeping unicorn. As he did so, there was a series of hushed Go's from Michael, and some stumbling from what Hunter guessed was Trixie.

“Having a little fun are we?” Hunter asked, turning back towards the door, chuckling.

Michael blushed furiously, “uh... no I... Whatever.” Michael said, grabbing the back half of the beige pony, and helping Hunter carry him up the stairs. They bumped him into the walls, and the stairs a few times, but Hunter was sure he wouldn't care.

Hunter and Michael tossed him gently onto Hunter's bed, and Hunter pulled the blanket up over him. Hunter switched the pillows out however. Giving the unicorn a soft cloud pillow instead of the somehow softer red one he always used.

Hunter thought it was a bad idea to have him sleeping with his scarf on, and attempted to remove it. It wouldn't budge. He tugged on the back flap, finding it moved easily, but the scarf was frozen around his neck.

Hunter gave up with a sigh, and left the room.

Hunter followed Michael downstairs, and took a throw blanket from the pile next to the glass table they kept the T.V. on. He tossed his pillow on the couch and settled in.

“Night.” Hunter said, with a yawn. “Don't let the Trixie bite.”

“Har har.” Michael scoffed, and turned out the lights. “Night to you too.”

Hunter went over the days events in his head real quick before gently drifting off to sleep.

“So now what?” Michael asked Trixie, who was now sitting on his bed.

“Well I guess we could retire.” Trixie said, working her way under the covers, and patting the spot next to her.

Michael yawned, and got into bed. Trixie wrapped her hooves around Michael, and held him close to her chest. Trixie's steady heartbeat was all Michael needed before drifting off, and Trixie was soon taken to dream land, by the cozy warmth of the dragon she was cuddling.

Michael's eyes widened suddenly, unbeknownst to Trixie. He was sleeping with Trixie, and it was nice. He closed his eyes, and the butterflies in his stomach went to sleep only shortly before Michael did. A smile reaching across his face.

The house went quiet, with only the sounds of the sleeping ponies filling the house.

Then the unicorn upstairs started snoring.

Author's Note:

It's here.
Hope you've been preparing your eyes for this beast.
Cause you better be ready.

This is for the week I didn't write anything.
This is also for Pegasister Strobelight: Who wanted 'a little more chapter to her chapters'.
Hope this is good enough for you.