• Published 28th Mar 2013
  • 4,474 Views, 219 Comments

Time to go - MasterHunter55



Getting everything you ever wanted, doesn't mean your life is free of problems. Hunter is taken to another world by a familiar unicorn, and the fun, or should I say strife, begins.

  • ...
29
 219
 4,474

Chapter 15: Natural Affinity

Time to go
Chapter 15
Natural Affinity

Hunter followed along behind Rainbow Dash and Applejack, walking next to Pinkie Pie as they walked towards Fluttershy’s cottage, the sun still high in the sky. He noticed the dirt road, and the windmill that he had seen once, when Fluttershy had chased down her mailman and thrown a tourist.

He chuckled at the thought of Iron Will, and Fluttershy as a power crazy Pegasus.

“What’s so funny?” Pinkie asked, “I like jokes!”

“I was just thinking about Fluttershy after that seminar she attended” Hunter said, “The one with Iron will.”

Her face shifted more towards sad than happy, “That’s not a joke! Fluttershy was a big meanie, and she's never a meanie!”

“She tossed a tourist by his camera.” Hunter said, “It’s mean, but still. Where did she get the strength to do that?”

“Maybe it was her ‘Iron Will'.” Rainbow joked.

They reached Fluttershy's cottage and Applejack knocked quietly. “Fluttershy? You in there sugar cube?” She asked.

“Just a moment Applejack.” They heard her say quietly from within.

Hunter stood behind Rainbow Dash, away from the door.

The door slowly opened up, just a crack. “Hi Applejack. How are you today?” Fluttershy asked quietly.

“I'm fine myself,” Applejack replied. “We got somepony we want you to meet, can we come in?”

“I guess so...” She trailed off, opening the door the rest of the way before going to sit on the couch.

She was always nervous around new people, but not so much if Angel was there with her on the couch. Angel hopped up and put up his bunny fists. Ready for anything.

Applejack and Pinkie Pie walked in to the cottage taking places near Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash walked in last, moving off to the side, so that Hunter could stand in the middle of the room and greet her properly.

He didn't follow them in though.

“Hunter what are you doing?” Rainbow Dash asked, noticing that he was still standing behind the door.

Hunter stuck a hoof in the doorway, waving it slowly before retreating it back behind the frame.

Fluttershy was a little surprised. Was he shy too? Maybe he just needed to be shown some kindness, that would cheer him up.

She walked over to the door slowly, and crept up to the frame. She peered around the corner to see Hunter on the ground, holding his hooves over his eyes, as if he was scared.

Fluttershy had to show him that she wasn't scary. She crouched low and nuzzled his hoof, “It's ok, I'm not a mean pony. You don't have to be shy.”

“Shy?” Rainbow Dash scoffed from inside the cottage.

Hunter moved his hooves from his eyes. He looked at Fluttershy's caring face and relaxed. It was a big ruse, but he thought that if Fluttershy had taken the initiative to meet him, then they could be better friends.

He stood up slowly. “My name.” He said, pausing. Then he slowly put his hoof out. “My name is Hunter. It's... It's nice to meet you.”

“Fluttershy,” She said, sticking her hoof out and gently shaking Hunter's. “My name is Fluttershy, and you're welcome to come into my cottage.”

“Thanks,” Hunter said following her in.

“Would you like to sit down?” Fluttershy suggested.

“Yes, thank you.” Hunter said quietly.

Rainbow Dash saw what he was doing. It was nice, Fluttershy needed a friend that she could help sometimes.

Hunter sat down on Fluttershy's couch, and he was immediately surrounded by furry creatures.

“Oh no, naughty, naughty, leave the nice colt alone.” Fluttershy said, scolding the animals.

But they weren't biting or scratching Hunter, they were liking him and snuggling him. Hunter wasn't crying for help, or being scared, he was laughing.

“This happens to me a lot.” Hunter said, chuckling. “Animals just seem to like me! Ah that tickles!”

Fluttershy eventually got all of the animals to leave Hunter alone, before offering the group some tea.

"No thanks," Hunter said, ending his shyness act. "I really just came to meet you."

"Oh," Fluttershy said, surprised at his sudden change in attitude. "Now that we've met, now what?"

Hunter thought for a moment, "Anything you need some help with?" He suggested.

"Fluttershy always needs help with something." Rainbow Dash said flatly.

Hunter looked in her direction, giving her a light glare before turning back towards Fluttershy. This put her off a little bit. What was that for?

"I guess I could use some help in the chicken coop. It's always so messy in there, and I haven't found the time to clean it up today." Fluttershy said, "I've been too busy celebrating Mr. Bear's birthday."

The bear that they now realized was in the corner, let out a happy growl. He had a party hat on and looked like he was about to have some cake.

Fluttershy went into another room and brought out a cake, It had a bunch of candles on it and she presented it to the bear. "Happy birthday!" She said as loud as she could, while still being quiet. "Now blow out the candles."

The bear blew the candles out and then was about to stuff his face into the cake when Fluttershy stopped him.

She pulled the candles out. "Alright, now you can dig in." She said smiling. The bear proceeded to devour the cake. Whole. In like, three bites. It was a sizable cake too.

Pinkie Pie took a cake, seemingly out of nowhere, and refusing to be outdone she ate the whole thing in two bites. Leaving a frosting beard on her face.

The bear just munched on his cake. Before liking the frosting off of Pinkie Pie's chin.

Hunter agreed to help Fluttershy with her chicken coop and walked out to the fenced area. He walked in, expecting the chickens to fly around and go crazy at his presence, but they just sat there. Applejack followed after him and set them off.

"Guess we better get started" Applejack said, bringing in the tools she knew Fluttershy usually used.

Hunter, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash cleaned up the coop, while Pinkie Pie, 'entertained' the chickens.

Soon enough they were done. “That wasn't too hard.” Hunter said.

“Are you kidding me!” Pinkie Pie said, “Do you know how hard it is to entertain a bunch of chickens? It's near impossible!”

They laughed at Pinkie Pie's despair over entertaining chickens, and put the tools away.

“Still plenty of daylight left,” Applejack said, “Why don't we get a bite to eat?”

“Sounds good to me.” Hunter said, “Ever since those chores, my legs have been wobbly. I need some more energy.”

“I'm starved,” Rainbow Dash joined in. “Let's go somewhere they give lots of food.”

“I know a place,” Applejack said, “Real nice place, and the portion sizes are big enough that we only have to pay for 3 extra meals when it comes to Big Mac.”

“Sounds like heaven to me.” Hunter said.

So they started walking back into town, “Bye Fluttershy!” Hunter yelled back, “See you later!”

Fluttershy zoomed out of the cottage to wave real fast, before zooming back in and closing the door.

“What was all that back there?” Rainbow Dash asked Hunter, smiling.

“What was what?” He said innocently.

“You know what she means,” Applejack said, “Why were you acting all shy?”

“Well,” Hunter said, “I thought it would be good if she met me, instead of me meeting her. You know what I mean?”

“I guess so,” Applejack said, “That was mighty kind of you to do so.” She said smiling.

“Thanks,” Hunter said rubbing his head, embarrassed.

They got to the town center, and Applejack led the group to a rustic looking restaurant. It had a country look and feel to it, so Hunter immediately saw why it would appeal to Applejack. They went inside and Hunter's nose was flooded with awesome smells.

“I'm ready to eat now,” He, said salivating.

The nice pony at the front of the restaurant led them to a table and they sat with their menus, perusing the items. Everything looked delicious. Hunter would usually get a steak at a place like this, but seeing as how that wasn't an option, he looked at what would be considered a balanced meal.

They ordered their food, and soon they were staring at their plates piled high with sweet smelling food items.

Hunter had ordered a plate, piled high with mashed potatoes, and butter and such. Broccoli and carrots on the side.

Rainbow Dash had gotten the same thing. Pinkie Pie got dessert first, and Applejack got a big plate of food, with seemingly half of the menu on it.

They started chowing down. The food was just as the smells and reputation had promised.

Hunter started crying.

“What's wrong?” Applejack asked, “Don't you like it?” fearing that her suggestion a wrong one.

“I love it.” Hunter said. “It's so delicious.” He continued tears running down his face.

Rainbow Dash laughed, and Pinkie Pie finished her cake. Then she got a huge plate of potatoes like Hunter and Dash did, stuffing her face into it.

Hunter's tears of joy stopped flowing as he noticed somepony he recognized across the room. It was Derpy! He had wanted to meet her, but he hadn't gotten the chance yet. He finished off his plate as fast as he could without choking. Applejack was already picking her teeth.

“Jeez you guys eat fast.” Rainbow Dash said, finishing off half her potatoes.

“It's fine, order something good we can share for dessert, I'll be right back.” Hunter said, leaving the table.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash followed Hunter with their eyes, where was he going? Pinkie Pie continued to scarf down her food.

Hunter walked up to the table with Derpy and saw that Dr. Whooves was there too. “Hey there Derpy” Hunter greeted her.

Derpy stopped munching on a muffin long enough to say “Hi there!”

“Hello to you, and how do you know Derpy?” The Doctor said.

“She's popular where I come from.” Hunter explained. “Mind if I take a seat?”

“Not at all,” The Doctor said, pulling out a chair, “You wouldn't happen to be from Earth would you?”

Hunter just widened his eyes. “How did you know?” Hunter asked.

“I'm from earth myself you know.” He said, “You must be the one that Twilight was sent to retrieve.”

“That's me,” Hunter said, handing Derpy another muffin as a tray of them passed by.

“Thanks!” She said munching on it.

“How'd you know about that?” Hunter asked.

“I was present, along with Derpy here, when Twilight was sent.” The Doctor explained.

“So did the same thing happen to you guys?” Hunter asked.

“That it did,” The Doctor said, who then went on to explain his whole story to Hunter, even the parts about after he arrived.

“So when you got here, you had a Tardis?” Hunter asked in awe.

“I was just surprised as you are. Now I get to be a full on Time Lord, let alone being a pony.” The Doctor said.

Hunter thought for a moment. Alicorn, or Time Lord? He thought it would be cooler to be a Time Lord, but he was happy with what he had.

“Well it was nice meeting you both. Bye Derpy!” Hunter said, leaving the table.

“Bye Hunter!” Derpy yelled back, munching on another muffin.

“How many muffins is that since you arrived?” Hunter asked.

“I think she's on her 6th one.” The Doctor replied.

Hunter walked back to the table he was originally at, to find a nice big chocolate cake. He was surprised that Pinkie had not eaten it yet.

“Had to wait long?” Hunter asked.

“This just got here actually.” Rainbow Dash said, “Applejack said we should wait, but I was only going to give you 5 minutes more.”

“I'm just surprised Pinkie had given me any time at all.” Hunter said, sitting down.

Pinkie seemed to be stuffed. “You don't want any of this here cake sugar cube?”

“I already had dessert.” Pinkie said, before perking up. “I still have to get back to the store! Later guys, Later Hunter!”

“Bye!” They waved, and then divided the cake three ways. The cake was just as delicious, and rich as the food was.

They tipped heavily and left the restaurant. “Guess I'll have to pay you back too Applejack.” Hunter said as they walked.

“Nah, those chores you did for me are enough to pay me back. Big Mac was off on some trip, so I was going to have to cover for him anyways.” Applejack said.

“Even then?” Hunter asked.

“Even,” Applejack said offering a bro-hoof. Hunter completed it, and they walked towards Sweet Apple acres. “I gotta get back to the farm. Apple Bloom is sure to be back from school soon, and I need to get some snacks ready for the cutie mark crusaders.”

“Wait, if school is only now getting out, then why was Sweetie Belle home so early?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Apple Bloom tells me that Sweetie Belle goes home for lunch. They try to go with her, or get her to stay, but for some reason they say she won't let em know anything about it.”

“That's mysterious.” Hunter said. “Well I guess we'll see you later.”

Applejack trotted off towards the farm down the dirt road.

That left Hunter and Rainbow Dash.

“Hey.” Hunter said.

“What?” Rainbow Dash asked back.

“Wanna race again?” Hunter asked.

“You're on.” Rainbow Dash said, taking off.

They were off again, speeding across town. They didn't know where the race would end, they just thought it was the race they needed.

Author's Note:

Hooray for Chapter 15!

Thanks to JollyRogue for helping me get this far. Confidence wise.

From now on the chapters will hopefully be longer. Nearing 5,000-8,000 words.

Continue to enjoy!