• Published 4th Mar 2013
  • 1,926 Views, 132 Comments

A sequel to My Little Dashie - Lonepone



A sequel to My Little Dashie where Dashes' father is brought into equestria and events ensue.

  • ...
47
 132
 1,926

what happened afterwards

It’s been about 2 months now since they came and took my dashie from me. Two months of miserable depression. But no, I can’t think of it like that. It’s been two months since they returned her to her home. But those two months have felt like two millennia.

I’ve lost my job, lost the few friends I’ve managed to make, and living on the money I’ve saved up over those fifteen years. When people ask what happened, I tell them I’ve lost someone very close to me, which is very true.

It’s getting to be about seven o’clock, the time I normally go to bed now. I think about walking up the stairs to my bedroom, but then I’d have to walk past the office room that used to be her room. Instead, I collapse into my father’s old lay-z-boy, dashies favourite chair in the house. I miss her bad.

As I sleep, I have a dream. I’m flying. Flying in the clouds. I feel happy. I haven’t felt happy like this for a long time. I stop for a moment, and I look ahead of me. There in front of me, I see a light cyan and rainbow object. I’m stunned. Is it her? I race ahead to reach it, but then I’m falling, falling, falling. I see the ground rising up below me.

I jolt awake. I look around me, heart pounding like the bass in dubstep, skin sweating, lungs rising and falling quickly, feeling frantic. It reminds me of how my parents died. My body jumps up off the chair, convinced I’m still falling. I stand there for a few moments, in the middle of my living room in the utter blackness. I

feel around, hands scrabbling in the air, trying to find the lightswitch. I find it, and I flick it on. I look around, half expecting to see her there. She isn’t. The joy of that dream, of almost seeing her, and seeing the bright colors, and then waking up, alone, in the darkness, away from even most humans, only exacerbates my own misery and sadness.

I take a few deep breaths, calming myself. I walk into the kitchen, flipping on the light switch, intending to check the time and get a glass of water. It’s two in the morning, with no moon. I look out the window, and I see nothing, just velvety blackness. Then I see a light from up the road in front of my house. I get excited, because almost no cars ever drive this way. Thats why I picked this spot, so we could be alone, and she could grow up without other people to see her, and start asking questions that can’t be answered. The lights grow, but it’s just a car. All that excitement is let down, and I forget the glass of water.

I turn all the lights off, then decide to sleep in my room for the first time since they took her from me. I mean since the first time since she returned home. I walk up the hallway, and random, assorted memories come back to me. Her obsession with racing, and speed, the feeling of her wings as she slept next to me.

I have a thought, that all this is probably fake, and that I’m probably in a padded room somewhere while doctors examine my insanity as I babble on about whatever I’d babble about. But if I am insane, then I’ll enjoy every minute of it. My little place in my head is probably better than whatever the supposedly real world is. but thinking like this will drive me insane if I’m not already. But is that possible? Being insane inside of my Insanity's? I’m getting a headache now, thinking on like this. I decide to forget it, and live in the present, whether or not this is real. I notice I’m at the top of the stairs, and I’ve probably been standing here for a while. If Dashie was here, she would have nudged me, and snapped me out of this rut that my mind was running in.

I miss her. I miss her badly. I walk past her room, on the way to mine, when I see the light is on in her room, with the door closed. I walk in, and see it’s still the same, still an office. But the lamp next to the computer is on, and a note sits on the desk. I pick it up, and I recognize the handwriting, or more importantly, the mouth-writing. the beginning reads as I remember it, but it changes quickly.

Daddy, for fifteen years you took care of me. You have helped shape me into the mare that I am today, and i believe that i have helped you change as well. I’m not a mare of many words, and more importantly, I don’t have much time to tell you everything that I want to. I have managed to change the contents of this letter to tell you a very important message. I have a gut feeling that we shall see each other again, but I don't know when or how, or how long from now it will be. Just take comfort in the fact that I will see you again.
Yours forever:

Your daughter:

Your little dashie:

Rainbow dash.

This letter fills me with hope, and confusion. Is she coming here? Am I going to her? How? Why? And most importantly; WHEN?? I sit down, and think. It has been about two months here, so how long has it been there? Only a few hours I think.

Does she remember me? Does she remember her friends? Is she fitting in? Is she depressed like I am? Has she adapted to her new life there? Is she happy? How and why did she rewrite the letter? I don’t know. I don’t know the answer to any of these questions. That realization crushes me. I look out the window, and I see the sun rising in a mane of rainbow colors, ending in a cerulean blue. The sight of it calms me, and seems to fill me with hope and joy.

I decide to go for a walk outside...