• Published 30th Jan 2012
  • 3,576 Views, 55 Comments

Discorded Humanity - The Drifting Bard



Dave is a human, but a very unlikely one.

  • ...
32
 55
 3,576

chapter 8

"For Pony!"


I could see the fear in Twilights eyes as the nightmarish form that Discord had taken freed itself. "Ahhhhh, that’s better, I think Discord is a stupid name for someone such as me," the newly reformed nightmare-possessed discord cackled "I think a new name is in order”

I watched as the nightmare had reshaped the being formerly known as discord into a more, humanoid shape...

Fear gripped me for the first time since my arrival in equestria. The beast had become reality.
It sat opposite me, its claws, razor sharp, and its fangs glistening in the sun. It opened its mouth to speak, it rose from its throne, towering over me by a foot.

"I am chaos, perfect chaos, nightmare chaos... People of Equestria! I stand before YOU, Chosen by destiny by the powers of NIGHTMARE! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as the HUMAN himself bears witness to it. Now. I, SLANEESH, am Master of chaos! YES! Yes... I feel it, the power... fills me. Yes, I feel the universe within me! I am... I am a part of the cosmos! The power flows... Flows through me! Of what consequence are you now? This planet, these people. They are NOTHING to me! The universe is power! Real, unstoppable POWER! and I am that force! I am that power! ! I am more than the princesses! MORE THAN LIFE! I... am... a... GOD”

I glared into its eyes, but the false god grabbed me by the neck and threw me through a building.
"that’s going to be sore in the morning" I grumbled, picking myself up. I flew up to a better vantage point, then zoomed towards the demon with one foot forward. the beast grabbed my foot, and swung me around like a baseball bat, knocking the ponies that were also using a varied attack strategy.
Applejack was constantly bucking the beast, while rainbow flew over its head, attempting to kick it in the head. fluttershy fell back to deal with any injuries the group had sustained.
in the end it was all in vain, as Slaneesh started its chaotic corruption.
the dark ooze darted towards me, then everything was a blur. I found myself destroying canterlot, I had no control.

My bestial form had taken root into my own slice of darkness, bringing my fists down onto a nearby factory. Killing countless, helpless ponies in the process. Picking up a piece of rubble, I roared. I threw the rubble into the castle, taking down several guards-ponies. Canterlot was on its way to become a slaughterhouse. The chaos that had consumed me, had began to corrupt the very ground beneath me, I could hear the cackles of Slaneesh in my mind. “You know, this is fun” the beast cackled like a witch “watching you do all the work” the beast formed outside my mind’s prison. I could only grit my teeth. “But now you must kill your new friends” he spoke with malice.

I could see the tears in Twilights eyes,
I was disfigured, transformed, corrupted by the nightmarish form that Discord had taken. My arms had become freakishly large; my fangs were as sharp as celestia’s horn. My legs were bent, misshapen. My mind was screaming out for help.
My body started to swing violently at them, roaring as it launched a few rocks at them. I felt helpless until I heard the scream. Twilight was screaming my name.
I had to fight for control. My mind was weakened severely, but that wouldn’t stop me. All strength that I had left was devoted to one thing, getting full control over my body. I broke the cage, re-organizing myself.
It only took seconds, but it felt like hours, maybe even days.
I could only grasp what felt like a steel rod. I proceeded to fight myself.
With a flush of rage, I had beaten it into submission, but that didn’t work. It only made my body lash out more. In the end I realized what had to be done.
I hugged it, coming to terms that I couldn’t go home, that I couldn’t live a normal life.

The feral version of me had taken itself to hiding within the darkest corners of my mind once more.
I finally regained control of my body.

The six ponies looked on in fear as I started to shamble towards them, my eyes bloodshot red, tears brimming, I attempted to beg for death, but I could make no sound other than screeches of pain.
I gave up, and then had an idea, considering I taught Twilight how to read English when I wasn’t around, I wrote a message "help me"
the same message I gave Zecora when we first met.
"kill me" seemed more appropriate to be frank. But never the less, they used the elements of harmony.

after the chaos that had consumed me left my body, I felt a new power envelop me, like a new drug, it worked its way into my blood stream, filling me with justifiable rage.
"did I do all this?" I asked Twilight, who nodded, tears still running down her cheeks.
"how do you feel?" the purple furred mare asked me. I didn’t say anything, just checked my self over.
She repeated the question, this time I answered "I’ll tell you later" I said with a smile, cracking my knuckles.
Not seeing hide nor head of the newly formed chaos god, I looked around, I heard the snarky voice, "it seems that you've run out of luck, Human," I could see the bastard standing there with 4 elements lying around him, severely injured. Something in me screamed the word kill, over and over.

"You condescending, sadistic, callus MOTHERFUCKER!!!!" I roared at the top of my voice, so loud, it could deafen celestia herself. my eyes now white with rage, blood seeping through my clenched fists.
the bastard had started monoluging, it was like he was following a super villain handbook.
"ha, which reminds me, how many humans does it take to"
I cut him off with a rage fuelled punch to the jaw, shattering his bones. "just one" I chuckled darkly.

he had dropped Twilight's unconscious form. I called Ditzy doo and Mac, told them to get the injured to safety.
blood still dripping down my hands. "but what about you?" the grey Pegasus asked, worried about my safety.
"I Don’t matter anymore, I'm expendable" I looked down to meet the Pegasus’s gaze, "if I survive this, I’ll get you a muffin" I smiled. the beast had stood up once again. "now, run, run for your life" the grey mare hovered for a moment, processing my words, which seemingly sounded similar to someone she loved so long ago, she took off with big Mac in tow.

"human, you've got a lot of nerve, getting me monologing"
"you've got a lot of guts," I grinned, but it was a different grin. "let’s see what they look like"
I cackled like a madman. but was abruptly stopped by celestia and Luna swooping in. "Dave, you've done enough" Celestia glared at me,
"But this is my duty" I argued
"No, your dealing with a God now, the duty befalls to us"
Slaneesh was getting bored of us bickering about whose duty it was. "how boring," he then shot a huge blast of dark energy at celestia "the prissy princess has come to save the day, oh how droll" I moved quickly, taking a bullet.
"Celestia, if anything happened to you, Twilight would never forgive me" I collapsed to the floor.

"I suggest you get out of here, both of you, the elements need you" I said with such sincerity, it actually made the stubborn princess listen. "just tell Twilight I love her" I whispered, scrambling to my feet in a feeble attempt to rise up in the occasion.
Celestia's opinion of the human race had changed that very day. no longer did she look at me with contempt. the wind blew, my long hair swept in the wind. the cuts and bruises long forgotten had become scars.
the adrenaline rushing through my body had given me an edge over the demon. I was the last thing, the only thing standing between Slannesh and total godhood.

"Dave..." Luna looked at me, pleading that I join them, I shook my head.
"this," I raised my bloodied hands "this is the blood of a singe human, burning with the lives of thousands,"
I took a deep breath "im not doing this for you, or for me," my eyes were glowing once again, "but im doing this for all existence, Slaneesh must be stopped..." I felt a new resolve. "no matter the cost" I nodded.
I walked through the chaos and corruption, the rubble gently rolling down. the two sisters flew to find the others. I finally stopped walking. Slaneesh was sitting there on his metaphysical throne.

"Slaneesh, Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have fucked with? That's me" I smirked. the demon shot me a glance, then picked up a small filly, one I recognized. it was applebloom,
the bastard had her in an icy grip. "let them go" I ordered the beast "they are children, you wouldn’t want their blood on your hands would you?" I could hear a faint snap, the filly's seemingly lifeless body dropped to the floor. She was still breathing, thank the gods. the demon had just sealed its fate.
I stood directly in front of him, nose to nose "I WILL FUCKING MURDER YOU!!" I roared. not noticing the sudden power surge rushing through my body. my hands started to glow eerily, the energy pulsated within my palms, forming concentrated power. I shot my hands forth, firing the same energy, striking the demonic being with enough force to level an entire city. my hair had stood on end, slowly changing its colour to a dramatic black.

"what the hay!" Slaneesh shouted. the being didn’t expect that kind of destructive power, nor did I.
"you honestly mean to tell me that you are strong enough to equal my abilities" the beast exclaimed.
I started to laugh, as slaneesh started to back away.
"turns out, insanity is infectious" I chuckled as I launched another wave, but I quickly had to stop since he threw Sweetie Belle at me. jumping forwards, I caught the kid in my arms. "Sweetie Belle, go get Celestia, tell her Applebloom is hurt, but do not tell Applejack, it will break her if you do" the filly nodded.

"why do you persist on fighting, what are you fighting for?" Slaneesh asked me, clutching its chest wound in a moment of clarity.
"well... What I'm fighting for? That's just ridiculous. I don't need a reason to fight. I have and am going to fight just to keep the peace!" I replied, not noticing the demon speeding towards me.
it was too late for me, I felt claws dig into my chest in a feeble attempt to rip out my heart.

My life flashed before my eyes, the seedless voices in my head screaming for retribution. I tried to get to my feet, weakened by my injuries. with one knee to the ground, I had gotten myself into a stance to hold my ground. I gave myself a choice, live free or die hard. "you know, Dave," Slaneesh finally used my name "all things considered, you're enjoying this aren’t you" the beast and I both chuckled.
I coughed up blood and bile. "Yeah. That's right. I can take anything you can dish ou-oh God there go my organs" I collapsed into a pool of blood.

as the cackling form of Slaneesh disappeared, I could hear the hooves and cries of my lover, begging me to stay alive.
"Twilight, please" Celestia, clearly showing tears in her eyes, motioned for the mare to move out of the way.
"Princess," I coughed "I’m sorry, I failed"
"no you haven’t, you've exceeded my expectations" the white alicorn said with a worried smile.
"I need a heal, got to stop Slaneesh, before it’s too late" Twilight's eyes widened with worry, tears streaming down her cheeks. "you're on deaths door!!!" she screamed at me, she could clearly see I was in a lot of pain "do you honestly think you can beat him?"
I shook my head. "not alone, I need the elements" I brought a hand to her chin "and more importantly, you" I said with such clarity. "when the beast is destroyed, I will return to you" Celestia watched as I kissed her, as lovers do.

I felt a wave of energy flow through me, healing broken bones, sealing open wounds. the wounds quickly scarred over, leaving streaks of blood running down my now tattered shirt. taking off the mjolner pendant hanging around my neck, I put it around hers "I need the power of the elements infused within me" I placed the necklace around her neck, watching her blush. "I promise, I’ll come back, in some form or other" I stood up.
Celestia slid something towards me, "you'll need it" I looked at the object for a moment.
my hands wrapped perfectly around the hilt, drawing the newly acquired blade from its scabbard. I stabbed the blade into the ground and kneeled before the sisters "what are you doing?" Luna asked me.
"there’s a tradition back on earth, when given a sword to use in combat by royalty, one has to kneel in wait of a blessing" I bent the truth.
"an odd custom, very well, thou hast the blessing of the moon" the moon princess's horn glowed as the moonstone within the blade's hilt glowed in an eerie fashion. "and the blessing of the sun" Celestia's horn also glowed, the blade of the sword had shone brighter than a thousand suns for a moment, then a blaze of heat could be seen rising off its razor sharp edge.
"thank you your majesties, I shall not let you down" I put the sword back in its scabbard.
Twilight held me in an embrace for a long while "I don’t care what the others think, monkey, I want you to come home safe"
she kissed me, "I promise I will, even if I have to drag Slaneesh's carcass all the way back" we shared a lasting kiss, but we were interrupted by ponies clearing their throats. we sheepishly grinned. "well, time to get serious" I said as I walked off into the the bizarre chaotic sunset.