• Published 30th Jan 2012
  • 3,576 Views, 55 Comments

Discorded Humanity - The Drifting Bard



Dave is a human, but a very unlikely one.

  • ...
32
 55
 3,576

Chapter 28

As the hoof collided with my face and sent me spiraling to the floor, I simply laid there.
I deserved it, every moment of pain inflicted on me these past few years.
"Pinkie!" Pound shouted before attempting to stop her. Pumpkin laid a hoof in front of him and shook her head.
Picking myself off the floor, I let my shoulders sag. "Where are they, Pinkie?" I asked, while hiding my bloodshot eyes.
She stopped in her tracks before letting out a strangled sob. "did....did the changelings take them?"
I rushed toward her, enveloping her in a hug, after a few seconds, I let go.
Pinkie carried on crying, not because I let go...

Mjolner simply looked at me for a moment, "Dave, Queen Metachondria has them.... but I don't think"
"that i'll get there in time?, thats why I need three others, You included, I'll be going for queen bitch herself!" I growled.
Mjolner accepted this and simply smiled. "I'm coming with you any way," he sighed. "Like it or not"
I shrugged my shoulders and then grunted. "I'll need magic charges... enough to level a castle"
he looked at me in slight worry before running off.

within a few hours I was being watched by some new, small fillies. "Hey mister?" One of them called.
I threw my sword into the air, as it traveled High in the sky, I turned to the small filly "Yes little one?"
"are that legendary monster hunter?" I blinked twice.

It had been a while since the last demonic entity was seen, so naturally I must have become a bedtime story for little kids.
I couldn't help but smile lightly as the sword landed in the ground behind me. "Guess I am"
"Are you gonna beat the changelings?" I simply nodded.
"Fritter get away from him" I heard a shout. I turned to see the voice approaching.

"Fluttershy? You're safe?" she looked at me for a moment before her face contorted into a the stare.
I closed the good eye and was unaffected. "Where did you go?" she asked sternly, a massive contrast to the demure nature I remembered. "Sorry, was away on business"
it was at that moment I felt another hoof collide with my jaw, "Likely story, Dave"
"Not you too, Dash?" I whined slightly.
"well?" I sighed as I placed the sword back in its scabbard before turning to leave.

"It's...... Personal" I sighed as the frown fell, replaced with sadness.
I left the area in search of mjolner, and his friends.

sure enough I stopped at a medical tent but could here the voices of several ponies. "So what should I do?"
It was mjolner "look, Thunder, if he was your REAL father.... he'd have a lot to answer for... a lot to atone for"
there was a sigh. "but it doesn't change the fact that he walked out on you and Twilight, and your biological father was never there.... Kid, I'm sorry okay, I can't talk about this now but maybe when this is over and my wife is safe and sound....just...Give Dave the charges and get them out of there"

I walked on, trying to figure out if I was going to be attacked by two more of my....Former friends.
sure enough, I felt a set of strong legs collide with my back. "Now git up, ya'll had worse" Applejacks voice rung out.
As I brought myself into a sitting position, I was met with magic grabbing the scruff of my cloak, dragging me into another tent. sure enough, all of them were sitting there, looking angry. "Well then dear? out with it, why did you leave?"

I looked at them... sure enough, one was missing. "where is she?"
Rainbow dash threw something at me "Don't change the subject"
I ignored it, only scanning the area once again. "Fine, You want to know why i left?"
they all nodded.

"How can I put this in the most simplest terms," I sighed as my heart dropped.
it was at that point, a red tear ran down my cheek once again. I noticed the worried looks because of it. "relax, It's a side effect" they all blinked.
"Of what, may I ask?" Rarity wondered. I simply shrugged as I traced the scars.
"Doesn't matter... I left because I was broken... The more time I spent around here, the worse I got... then Sombra happened," I took a deep sigh. I then looked at them for a brief moment.

"Do you know what its like, to be pulled away from your home after you had just fought for it, only to be thrown back in several years later to find out that, not only did the mare that you love have your hideous fucking chud of a kid," I grit my teeth "but also that she moved on... what makes it worse is... I still love her, being near her hurts me in more ways than your tiny little minds could ever comprehend... now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go rescue them"

They all stood stock still, shocked at my sudden outburst. I then feel a bag dropped at my feet.
"Here, Dave... all the charges you need" Mjolner gave me a sad smile.

"good, you gathered some back up?" the young stallion simply shook his head.
"lets get going then... Your mother will get a little bit impatient"