• Published 30th Jan 2012
  • 3,576 Views, 55 Comments

Discorded Humanity - The Drifting Bard



Dave is a human, but a very unlikely one.

  • ...
32
 55
 3,576

Chapter 25

Blood simply pooled around me as I tried and failed to push my self back up again.
Sombra looked on and simply chuckled before heading off to the castle.
I felt useless once again.

Pinkie knelt down beside me and simply poked me for a moment. "Get up, now" I looked to her. her eyes glistening with tears.
"I tried that... Think I'll just....lay here" I said, vision failing. then I heard it, the faint sound of air being let out of a ballon.
"the hell was that?" I asked no-one in-particular. I heard the sniffles of the pink party pony. I felt the hot tears hit my exposed back. "Don't cry Pinkie, I'll be fine, It'll take more than this to take me down for good, you know that" She didn't move, just sitting there beside me with a faraway look in her eye.

I felt my self being pulled around slightly as Doctors finally arrived. there was a loud roar that emanated from the vicinity of the castle. I then heard the most cliched noooooo in the known universe.
I gave a week chuckle. Sombra was stopped and everyone lived...

Feeling an intense amount of pain, I finally blacked out.
I found myself floating, watching memories drift by. a disembodied voice soon entered the fray.
"human, your next challenge is near, be prepared" silence fell as I idly drifted on an imaginative river.

I fucking hate these challenges.

all they've brought me was pain.

I had to watch my own son grow up with someone else as his father.
I've had to stay on my own in fear of dragging anypony else down with me.
I've had to kill constantly whenever out on missions.

my soul has finally become tainted enough for me to become the next nightmare.

I knew the risks...
but even so, why do I fight?...


I have yet to find the answers... but they simply lead to more questions...

even more so, one which has bugged me for seven years. why me?

Am I the only one able to stop what ever is going on? the four horsemen of the apocalypse are attacking this world because of reasons unknown and I was chosen to stop it, yet I get removed every so often and have to find a way back.

but right now, my life is in the hands of the gods...


and they won't let me die.