• Published 27th Feb 2013
  • 18,815 Views, 1,281 Comments

Canine Complications - Wages of Sin



Twilight wakes up after a failed experiment and quickly finds out just how bad it failed. Can she make it as a predator in peaceful Ponyville?

  • ...
56
 1,281
 18,815

Formal Introductions II

"Get your head out from under there! -AH!- Don't sniff that! Stop that!"

Twilight was not afraid of personal contact, but this contact was a little too personal for her tastes. She leaned forward and attempted to force an end to whatever this crazy mare was doing. Twilight pushed back the mare with one of her back legs and before the mare could get her head back underneath of her she sat with her stomach flat on the ground.

The mare's straight jacket was shuffled off in the commotion allowing the mare to respond with something Twilight decided was even a more direct turn for the worse.

The mare mounted her.

Nope! Nope! Nope!

Twilight jumped with enough force to send the blue mare back into one of the (luckily very padded) walls.

Reason had a time and place, and that was not when you were being jumped by an apparently very confused mare.

Compulsion took over as Twilight stared down at the mare.

"Stay down!" she barked.

The mare complied. Twilight now positioned herself on top of the mare.

This was where she belonged. This felt correct.

As Twilight kept her focus on the mare below her she did not hear the door to the room open, nor did she notice the brown stallion that peaked in.

"Hey Screwy? Are you alright? I heard some- Waaaaaaaaaaaaagh!"

That got the species confused pair's attention.


Bedside Manner was not the most excitable of ponies. He couldn't be in his profession. He had been a nurse at Ponyville General for almost three months and had seen things that most doctors in a normal small town would never see in a whole career, and this fine morning he could add one more thing to that ever-growing list.

He had heard barking from patient "Screw Loose" (or "Screwy" as the staff had affectionately dubbed the literally barking-mad mare.) Today though, he heard barking different from her usual excited yips, in fact it sounded like a different dog altogether (maybe even a real one!) and he had decided to check it out.

He now regretted his inquisitiveness as he stood before... Well... He wasn't sure what he had just interrupted, but it it was unexpected to say the least. So, as any reasonable pony would do in his position, the first thing Bedside Manner did was scream at the top of his lungs.

...and subsequently pass out.


The nurse's screaming accomplished two things very quickly: it brought Twilight's attention to what she had just done, and alerted Everypony within a few blocks to the wolf shaped anomaly in Ponyville General.

Luckily for a certain dog catcher, that meant that he now could approximate where his target was.

"That came from the hospital!"

As the catcher and Applejack arrived at the hospital it was easy to see that they were well aware of Twilight's presence.

Into the fray of frantic ponies the pair dove. Fighting the surge of nurses and patients fleeing the hospital, Applejack and the dog catcher (who had revealed his name to actually be Catcher) eventually made their way to the epicenter of the action.

As they rounded the corner into the east wing hallway they were met by the sight of a medical pony brandishing what appeared to be a scalpel and facing the wolf who was curled into the far corner of the hall, opposite an open door.

"Turn, hellhound, turn!" the stallion shouted advancing at Twilight.

Despite his menacing appearance, the stallion was no trouble after he got blindside-bucked by Applejack, who then raced to her friend.

"Are you hur-" the farm pony began to ask before she was tossed aside by Catcher.

"Are you hurt! Oh please don't be hurt! Ah!" he began inspecting the wolf for damage.

Twilight stood up as he continued his search.

"Does anything hurt? Your legs? Your head? Your neck? Your back? Your tail?" the stallion searched each respective place for damage, but when he reached her tail Twilight turned on him and began growling.

"Now ya best stop while yer ahead there feller." she said as she pulled the over-eager stallion off of her friend. "Now Twi, I know he's not the, eh... most courteous of ponies, but Catcher here didn't mean ta' startle you before. He's just a little over-excited about his job."

Catcher dropped to the ground in front of Twilight's paws. "I didn't know who you were! I swear! If I would have known you were Twilight Sparkle I wouldn't have... you know... done what I did! I'm just so sorry! I'll do whatever I have to make it up to you!"

The nearly hysteric stallion's eyes were closed as he made his plea, resulting in him not noticing that Twilight and Applejack had escaped the facility as soon as possible, leaving him alone .

His pleas to the absent party were heard by one though, by one very peculiar mare. A mare who had just been claimed, and had just watched as another submit to the pack leader.


Don't look up at her! She's testing me I know it! I just have to stay like this until she forgives me!

...

Is she doing something? I hear shuffling behind me... Is she going to hurt me? Oh sweet Celestia she's going to hurt me!

It's coming! She about to-

She's!

She's.

She

...

She's on top of me.

...

...

...

and humping me.

...

...

...

"Twilight? Are you going to GAAH- Who the buck are you? Where's Twilight? Most importantly: GET OFF OF ME!"


It appears that the newest packmate does not submit to my dominance of seniority in the pack.

We'll have to work on that...

But for now!

Screw Loose grabbed Catcher by the tail and dragged him down the hallway in pursuit of the fleeing mare and wolf.

"Mistress pack leader, I'm coming!" she barked through strands of tail as she left the hospital behind and entered the glorious open air of Ponyville.