• Published 24th Feb 2013
  • 575 Views, 6 Comments

Headline and the Power of Friendship (Book 1) - Headline



This is the story of Headline: A pegasus who tries to mix an ordinary life with a dangerous concern.

  • ...
4
 6
 575

Ch. 23: Baltimare Hideout

We arrived, went in, no one was there. We told the guards to leave for the mission is over.

“What now?” Shining Armor asked.

“Probably going to head home and try to find Zephyr myself, but first I have to see the Princesses and give the final report.” Headline responded quickly.

“I'm sure you are piecing this all together.” I said to Headline.

“No....I figured it out.” Headline said as he began the story.

“How?” Shining Armor asked with curiosity.

“These past 3 months I have not only been planning to capture the assassins but learn about the history of the Boxers. I looked in the library, with help from Twilight Sparkle and Spike, for “The First Settlers of Ponyville.” I found the book and found a 20 page story about who they were and how they got here. None of the names are important but they were poor to begin with. They struggled and did not have a lot of money. They heard about the Princess and hoped she would help. She was so good and great yet kind, but they realized that she would not help them with their problems. They have been poor ever since they settled in. So, they decided to push up to the top and reign supreme over the Princess and Luna when the time came. So they kept making plans to try to bring down the Princesses' and so far...nothing.

“So, you're saying that the Boxers have been planning a way to take over Equestria since they arrived? What do they plan to do if they succeed?” Bold asked.

“I'm going to have to ask Zephyr about that.” Headline responded. “His plan is to finish what his great-grandfather couldn't....kill the Princesses'. By using the Assassins and telling them to help these ponies when secretly he has told them to assassinate them and they were all innocent ponies. He is doing this to bring fear to Equestria. By doing that, he hopes the Princesses' will stand down and no more killing will happen. That is what I believe anyway.

“Well...let's hope we get him before he recruits more and continues his plan.” Shining Armor.

“I agree. Anyway, I have to give my final report to the Princesses'. I will meet you soon dad, and Shining Armor, it is good to see you.”

“Same here. Stay safe and alert.”

“I'm always alert.”

Author's Note:

Even though there were no assassins there either, I wanted the readers to finally know the last important pieces of the Boxers history. How they got so ruthless and why they took a family and used the family like puppets. All answered here because as the story goes on, things click in.