• Published 24th Feb 2013
  • 575 Views, 6 Comments

Headline and the Power of Friendship (Book 1) - Headline



This is the story of Headline: A pegasus who tries to mix an ordinary life with a dangerous concern.

  • ...
4
 6
 575

Ch. 22: Manehatten Hideout

Immediately, we arrived in Manehatten. It did not take long before some of the guards at the hideout were not there. Some of the guards were confused.

“Shining Armor!” Headline yelled.

“Headline.” Shining Armor responded as Bold and Headline landed next to him. “We got a very observant assassin down there. Once the guards got here, another assassin took down half of the guards brought here. I see you brought with you 20 more.”

“They are from the Ponyville hideout. O.k we'll take it from here.” I said.
The 20 guards went to the lost stations around the hideout.

“We see you two out there.” One of the assassins yelled out from within the hideout.

“We know who you two are and your little pet, Captain!” Another said in the hideout.
Immediately, Headline noticed where they were calling from directly. He noticed a little hole at the top floor of the building.

“Dad, right there!” He told me the location for which they can see us.

“Good observation, Headline! Alright, Shining Armor, you make sure the patrols stay where they should be. We will take it from here and go inside.”
As they jumped from one of the buildings, Headline threw a small knife through the hole in the wall to distract the assassins from looking. Headline and I then quickly rushed in by opening the door and closing it silently.

“Well, let’s hope that idea worked.” Headline said with uncertainty.

“Yeah, I'm afraid they may have already known we were coming.”

“Yes, we did.” Said an assassin as he walked in the main hall.

“How many of you are there?” Headline asked.

“More than enough to deal with a traitor and a puppet master.” Another one said.
Pretty soon, the assassins took out there sword and got prepared for a fight.

“I'll take that one, the one that called me a traitor.” Headline responded with confidence.

“Careful, don't get cocky.” Bold said as he drew his weapon.

“I never underestimate my opponents.” Headline said as he drew his weapon.
Both sides for 5 minutes, waited for someone to make the first strike. It seemed to both sides that they think that if they strike first they will be left open. Headline, being sick of waiting, dropped two smoke pellets. Suddenly, the two assassins were on guard right after that. They started looking around and when the smoke disappeared, so did Headline and Bold.

“We're Assassins and we can't even find them.”

“Have you forgotten?” A voice said in the hall.

“I'm the Master!” Suddenly, Bold, dropped and grabbed an assassin and tossed him into the brick wall.

“What the...” Headline dropped and stabbed the other one in the leg.

“Now, tell us where your leader, Zephyr is? TELL ME!!!!!”

“We both are more loyal then you think, we won't tell you anything...ha..ha..hahahahaha!” Laughing out loud. “Long live Zephyr!”
Without a longer hesitation, Headline stabbed him in the heart.

“Now after seeing that...” Bold said in confidence. “Tell us where Zephyr is hiding.”

“That does not scare me, I would rather die than tell you anything.”

“I have a better idea.” Bold said as he picked him up and went outside for the guards to take him away.

“Where is the other one?” Shining Armor responded.

“Unfortunately, Headline killed him to scare this one.”

“The princesses will not be happy about that.”

“Yes, but it was to try and push this one over the edge.”

“Let's hope they don't mind that.”
Meanwhile, back in the hall, Headline is still on top of the dead assassin.

“You will pay for this Zephyr........ALL OF IT!!!” Headline yelled in pain remembering everything he did to his friends, father, and brother. “No, I need to think clearly...the fate of Equestria is really important right now. I must focus on saving Equestria before thinking of my personal feelings.
Headline silently trotted out though wishing he did not have to kill. Shining Armor returned to Canterlot with the remaining guards. Shining Armor assumed the guards are dead and so he and Headline and Bold went to the final hideout, Baltimare Hideout.

Author's Note:

At this point, I wanted Headline to feel tired of not getting anywhere with his plans and accidentally kill a pony. First time in this story, where things will get more dramatic.