• Published 24th Feb 2013
  • 575 Views, 6 Comments

Headline and the Power of Friendship (Book 1) - Headline



This is the story of Headline: A pegasus who tries to mix an ordinary life with a dangerous concern.

  • ...
4
 6
 575

Ch. 17: The Plan

3 months later, Headline woke up from his sleep and went straight to the Ponyville station and got a ticket to Canterlot Castle though told not allowed, he had a pass made by Princess Celestia. He got on a private train and went straight to Canterlot castle.

“I wish to speak with Princess Celestia and Luna!” Headline demanded.

“On who's authority?” A guard said at the door.

“This!” As Headline shows a pass left to him, signed by both princesses'.

“Very well. Enter.” The guard said.
Headline opened the doors, and stood in the main hall with two doors on opposite ends, both lead to a master bedroom. When the guards at both doors noticed who had entered, they immediately knocked on the doors and informed the princesses that Headline has arrived. Just like that, Headline trotted calmly into the master bedroom where Princess Luna and Celestia are at a table.

“Princess Celestia, Princess Luna.” Headline said to acquaint himself.

“Welcome, we owe you a great debt for figuring out this underground cult.” Princess Luna said.

“As much as I'd like to say it is over...” Headline responds taking a deep breath. “...it is not.”
Princess Luna and Celestia did not understand what he meant.

“I've gone over in my head a few months since escaping the Assassin base and with the information I had gathered while I was there during my time with them, I believe we have 6 others who survived other than my father and I.”

“Why did you come to us with this information?” Princess Celestia asked.

“Simple, first off, I do not want this information public since it might cause a panic. Secondly, I came because I need your help to find these escapees and bring them to justice. Well, except for...one.”

“Which one?” Princess Luna responded.

“He was hiding under my very nose the whole time. Ever since I was working as a reporter and ever since I was an assassin. No wonder he kept warning me what I was going to get myself into and I paid the price by having my brother dead! And...And...now he does not want just my family dead, but he wants all of Equestria ruled under him.”

“WHO!?” Princess Celestia said a little louder.

“Zephyr, also known to me first as, Keybo, but that was an undercover name. His real name IS Zephyr Boxer.”

“If you ask me sis...” Princess Luna quietly talking. “...we should aide him. I mean after all, he did his best to know this much and things could get worse with Zephyr trying to take us both down. They will kill us if they get more recruits and strike before we do.”

“I know...” Princess Celestia responded. “But to act harshly, we do not even have a plan.”

“Don't mean to interrupt your “quiet” conversation but I do have a plan.” Headline said as they wondered how he had one already. “Look at the map.” He said as he laid it out.

“Yeah, what is it?” Princess Luna asked.

“Well, as you can see, we have many popular cities but only 5 Assassin hideouts exist. All controlled by Zephyr. One as you know now, in Ponyville. Another in Manehatten, Los Pegasus, Baltimare, and Canterlot.”

“How do you want to take care of this business with the 6 remaining assassins?” Princess Luna said.

“Well, this took 3 months planning, so I would like some of your royal guards to come with me and look at the hideout here in Canterlot, and then I will fly off with a few of your Pegasus guards and go check out the hideout again in Ponyville, just in case one stayed there. While I'm doing that, I would like you both to order a few more Pegasus to check out the 3 other areas Manehatten, Los Pegasus, and Baltimare. I would like you to have them stay put near the hideout and wait until I come to those locations. I will take care of giving orders, if that's o.k with you, because I know the assassins more then anyone else right now.”

“As much, as I like that plan. You want to kill Zephyr?” Princess Celestia said with a sense of worry.

“Listen, this no longer concerns my family but all of Equestria. Like Luna said, it will not take long before Zephyr recruits more assassins to his cause and take over all of Equestria. Zephyr must be killed for justice more than revenge. I have mourned my brother long enough, now I must end it.”

“You are not doing this alone.” A voice said behind Headline.

“Dad! What are you doing here?” He galloped over to hug his father.

“Did you really think I was going to have you control all of this. You need someone to help you in this strategy and has had more experience then you did.”

“Sorry, dad, but I don't want to lose...”

“Don't even think that, this is personal, I have wanted to end this for years before you were even born. I'm going with you whether you like it or not.”

“Very well, where do you want to go to help?”
It did not take long before I knew where to be.

“Princesses, with your permission I would like to travel with Headline throughout his journey here.”

“You are granted the permission to allow as many guards as necessary to find these assassins, and Headline, you are allowed to “assassinate” Zephyr.” Princess Celestia said in approval.”

“I second that.” Princess Luna responded.

“Great! I want to deal with Zephyr alone dad. You can take the other 5.”

“Alright, son. Let's get to work.”
With that, Headline and I entered the courtyard where lots of the Royal guards were awaiting orders.

Author's Note:

This is where part two of the story begins. Headline during his 3 months of work, made a plan to capture Zephyr Boxer before he recruits more Assassins to his cause. I thought this would be a good idea to know for you all, how most of part two is going to be laid down in the following chapters.