• Published 24th Feb 2013
  • 575 Views, 6 Comments

Headline and the Power of Friendship (Book 1) - Headline



This is the story of Headline: A pegasus who tries to mix an ordinary life with a dangerous concern.

  • ...
4
 6
 575

Ch. 13: The Truth Revealed

Two months later, business is great and all, and Headline again asked for another date with Fluttershy. She agreed but she wondered why so quickly and Headline would not say. So, they did just that. Same place, same time.

“Listen, I should have told you the truth about what I had been doing before I got my newspaper job, so here it is.” Without a sense of hesitation, unbuttoned his vest and white shirt to show an Assassin mark.

“What is that?” Fluttershy asked.

“This is the mark of an Assassin. I left them 4 months ago, when I did not want to live like that. So, now they are looking for me.”

“Why?”

“Because no one leaves with the secrets of the Assassins and because of that, they will try to find me.”

“What happens if they find you?”

“I can't say. All I can tell you is that you have to watch your back.”

“Is it because I know you.”

“Probably, just...try to watch your back and I'm sorry I did not tell you about this the first time.

“That's o.k. I'm glad you told me, because I now trust you even more. However, can I trust you to tell me every necessary thing from you next time? You can trust me, I also have friends.”

“Alright, as long as your friends are helping you as well, then I promise to tell you everything next time.”
With that, Headline again walked her home and Headline went straight home but decided to take a shortcut through a dark alley.

“You are to come with us.” A mysterious voice said.

“So, you found me already?” Headline said.

“Yes, and you must come back to receive your punishment. Unless, you want somepony to disappear and never see again.”

“You leave her out of this! And you know what...Sophia, screw you!” Headline said with high confidence.

“I don't wish to kill you...but we were ordered to if we have to.” Sophia said.

“I don't think so.” Another voice appeared as he dropped in front of Headline.

“Why are you here? Why are you protecting him?” Sophia said.

“Because I care about him more than the Assassins.” He said.
Headline quickly took off while the pony went to distract Sophia.

“You will be in a lot of trouble...File.” Sophia said as she recognized the voice. “You will die too if you have a fugitive escape.”

“I don't care, like I said, I care about him more than us.”
With that, they fought with Sophia throwing some knives as File dodged them easily since they are fighting in a tiny dark alley. Suddenly they laid traps around each other, but File had more time to do that as he planted a few tiny explosion bombs to her pouch, when he dodged a frontal attack. Sophia also placed sticky bombs that were very sensitive if he moved too much and they both found out they were in a dead end.

“You so much as pick in that pouch, you will be knocked out.” File said.

“And if you move too much, you will be knocked out too.” Sophia said.
Suddenly they both moved in to attack, but as they hit each other, the explosion occurred. Headline heard a little explosion and went back in that direction as fast as possible. But, when he got there, they were gone.

Author's Note:

Headline felt bad keeping things away from Fluttershy but he had to tell the truth to her about who he was with and what might happen next. He does his best to take care of Fluttershy as he is concerned about her. I also thought that this would be a good spot for a dramatic and "best I could do while typing" epic battle. Being my first story, I did the best I could to make the battle interesting.