• Published 23rd Feb 2013
  • 620 Views, 26 Comments

Rainbow over Griffany: RotE Episode 7 - Dream Volt



Rainbow Dash and freinds visit Griffany, and Gilda

  • ...
3
 26
 620

The pink one

Gilda and I had both been laughing when the knock on the door came. Gilda sighed, unlocked the door, and opened it just enough for the guard to stick her head in slightly. I think she wanted to do more, but Gilda was holding the door mostly closed. She was one smaller griffins that had been beside Gilda earlier. Her face was as neutral as ever.

"His majesty requests an update on…"

Gilda pulled herself rigid, and face neutral. "You may tell my father I have been in conference with a member of the Equestrian delegation all this time. You may also tell him it is in fact that so called useless pegasus, who is now a full Knight of Equestria, and held in high regard by Celestia herself."

"Uh…"

"He did ask you to relay whatever I would say correct? I'm sure he'll understand exactly who is saying it and in what tone."

"Uh, yes your highness, of course."

"Also, where is the rest of the Equestrian delegation?"

"They have been escorted to guest quarters. Currently they are mostly in the common room of the red guest rooms. Though one of them is currently unaccounted for."

"Let me guess, the Pink one?"

"Yes your majesty, how did you know?"

"That is all. Leave. Now."

She then ran off. Gilda sighed, and shook her head. Then she poked her head outside the door, and looked back and forth. Then she quickly opened the door.

"Come on Dash, we need to get moving. I'm surprised it took them that long to find me. I mean it is my room."

"Huh?"

"Look it's just some court junk. Since I'm here and doing something there is only so much he can bother me without making a scene, and it's even less if he doesn't know where I am."

I suddenly laughed. "Oh man, the whole, my dad is a jerk who always gets his way thing is way different that you made it sound, isn't it."

"Yea, it's really annoying when your dad has the power to literally make anyone do whatever he wants."

I smiled. "Oh I know the feeling. I mean my mom actually encouraged me to seek out adventure, but I'm sure you remember Steelwing. He would send his guards after me so often it wasn't even funny."

"Oh yea, I always forget that hardflank was Fluttershy's dad."

Gilda then started walking. I followed her. Any servants looked away when Gilda passed. I smiled, so like her. Then I sighed.

"Ya know, I haven't really totally figured out what I want you to do to make it up to them. And you're right that you didn't even really do anything specific to Twilight and Rarity."

"I didn't even know the unicorn's names. But what about the other earth pony? I didn't do anything to her."

I cringed. "Actually she didn't know about it until days later, but you're the one that spooked her grandma. She's still angry with you about that."

"So what I don't care if some pony…"

"Even though she's my friend?"

Gilda cringed, then growled. "Why are you friends with those losers? I mean come on, they're not cool at all, especially Pinkie Pie."

I sighed and shook my head. "I get it, I mean she annoyed me, a lot, but you know that if she was the one that set off all those pranks you would have been laughing like mad. You always could dish it out but not take it." I grinned.

She stopped and spun around. "Hey, I can take it just fine."

"Oh you can take a buck just fine, better than fine, but you can't take a joke. I mean I don't even have to use the party as an example. Remember that thing in the weather factory when I…"

She glared at me. "I remember." Then she blinked, and sighed. "And all the other times I've tried to forget when you pull a prank on me. Ugh, I've been really stupid, haven't I?"

"I wasn't going to say anything, but you totally have." I laughed

"Still, Pinkie isn't cool and never will be cool. I doubt any of your other pony friends will be. I'll try but nothing…"

Then I suddenly smiled. "I got it. You don't respect them at all. Yea, forget trying to make it up to them, that doesn't solve the problem."

"So what, instead of making me apologize, you're going to make me respect them? That doesn't sound any better. In fact it sounds stupid as buck."

I smiled. "No, I'm going to make them earn your respect. No faking. With AJ it will even be easy, because I already know something that will work."

"Huh? What are you talking about."

"Look, we were friends before, but I don't think you really respected me until that fight. You're the one talking about how much griffins respect strength right? Well AJ has always had strength to spare, and now is like crazy strong."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Oh, I'm not the only one way more awesome than I used to be. In fact maybe I should Warn you about Pinkie Pie because…"

"Hi Gilda. Hi Dashie."

Gilda jumped, leaping in the air and looking around. She looked around but didn't seem to see what she was looking for. Then her eyes focused on the pink griffin with magenta fur. One whose pink feathers looked terribly unkempt, and had a huge grin on her face. She just stared.

"No, that can't be right. You can't be her."

"Why can't I be her? I like being her." Then Pinkie blinked. "Wait, can I be he?" Pinkie put a hoof on her chin. "Hmmm, that would probably be even weirder though. I mean it is so much easier to fly like this, but it's still weird. I guess Griffins don't really need much magic at all to fly. I mean flying as a pegasus is kinda fun, but tiring, though I do get less tired recently and…"

I shoved a hoof in her beak. "That's enough Pinkie. I think Gilda…"

Then there was a thump. I wasn't sure if Gilda had fainted in midair, or forgot to flap and knocked herself unconscious when she hit the ground. Either way it looked like it hurt. I sighed.

"Come on Pinkie, help me drag her somewhere."

"I just told you I can fly better. Why don't we just carry her to the girls."

"Oh, sure, lets give it a try."

I'd tried to carry Gilda once or twice, and even with a pink griffin helping she seemed lighter than I remembered. It was not a graceful carry, but it worked. I just hoped no one questioned us about this. This would be a really stupid way to start an international incident. This so reminds me of mom. Though the last time we were doing this sort of thing we were technically kidnapping him, and it was sort of by Celestia's orders and that didn't turn out too bad. I mean really despite all the things she does mom almost never actually causes international incidents, and there was only that one war.