• Published 23rd Feb 2013
  • 620 Views, 26 Comments

Rainbow over Griffany: RotE Episode 7 - Dream Volt



Rainbow Dash and freinds visit Griffany, and Gilda

  • ...
3
 26
 620

Aim.... fire

I just stared. Rarity effortlessly shot another arrow out of the air. Her bow was silver and super fancy with curls that reminded me of her mane at either end. Instead of a normal string it glowed with a magic string of darker magic that otherwise matched Rarity's glow. The arrows were made of some pale wood with silver points, and purple feathers at the end. They also returned to the silver quiver she wore slung to one side. Sure magic made it far easier, but she was shooting arrows out of the air in large groups. The griffin drill instructor was just glaring at her. I did not in any way expect Rarity wanted to check out the archery range. Gilda was standing next to me staring much the same way I was.

"Wow."

"Yea."

"So you respect her?"

"Yea, but you still have no idea why they've impressed me, do you."

"Uh, I thought I did. What do you mean?"

"I mean this is cool. What Applejack did was awesome, Twilight too, but you're missing the point. I respect her because she could have easily thrown her weight around to get what she wanted, but convinced them to do this without bringing up her title once."

"What about Twilight?"

"First off she reminds me of Gwen. The second thing is something I can't really put into words but it has to do with how she stood up to the patchwork freak. It was just without a doubt cool. With Applejack it wasn't what she did, so much as why she did what she did. I actually feel guilty for messing with her."

I blinked. "But you don't do that. I mean you told me you never feel guilty about scaring ponies. That you like being feared."

She laughed. "The second is still true, and the first still mostly true. I will never be some goody goody little pony Dash, but for you I can try. And for Applejack I think I'm willing to try too." Then she shook her head. "Anyway, we should go. She probably can't tell but this is the point where if she shows them up any more things will go bad."

"I think I know what you mean." I took a step forward. "Hey Rarity…"

"One moment Dash." She then put her bow away "I'm very sorry all but I simply must be going duty calls and all that."

Gilda laughed. "Oh mare, I really should have known. Most of your friends seem okay after all. Fluttershy will never, ever be in any way cool, but at least she knows enough not to bother me. There is really just one I have a problem with."

"Ooo, it is me? I hope it's me, that way it isn't any of my other friends and I can fix it super fast and…"

Gilda spun around to face Pinkie and glared at her. I turned around more slowly. Pinkie was in the form of a griffin again. I was wondering where she went, but as Rarity kept showing off I stopped caring.

"Wow, you are such a grumpy pants. I mean how is that even possible, you don't even wear pants, but you're totally Ms. Grumpy pants." Then she gasped. "Omigosh, you're not Ms. Grumpy pants, you're Ms. Grumpy feathers."

"I will always hate you. I won't do anything to you for Dash's sake, but I will never ever be your friend, so just stop trying."

"Oh dear." I heard Rarity utter from behind me.

Pinkie smiled wider than ever, which looked especially strange on a griffin, and one eye twitched slightly. Yea, this won't end well. I just have to hope it doesn't end up too badly for anyone. Before either could say another word a fairly large group of Griffins landed around us.

"You'll have to come with us now. Your audience with the king will be starting soon."

"Wait, already?" said Gilda

"Yes. Circumstances have changed."

"So he's not going to make them outright beg to see him?" asked G "What did they do?"

"Come with us now please."

Rarity began to walk, but was roughly picked up before she could take more than a few steps. I took to the air the same moment as Gilda, Pinkie following a moment later. It was a surprisingly good take off, and she only had to flap her wings a little more than Gilda to get some altitude, and she could actually glide once in the air. Pinkie still flapped her wings way more than any other griffin though. Then Rarity stopped making incoherent noises of shock, and began to really complain.