• Published 23rd Feb 2013
  • 620 Views, 26 Comments

Rainbow over Griffany: RotE Episode 7 - Dream Volt



Rainbow Dash and freinds visit Griffany, and Gilda

  • ...
3
 26
 620

Moving on

Twilight was super interested in the clock. She had been muttering lots of stuff. Including something about how some undercurrent matched up with Luna and Celestia. I was not sure what that was about. I couldn’t see the coo-coo clock that much better than earlier, but it wasn't that interesting. Well except the reason it was so obviously was one is something sticking out, and I could now see it was a pony made up of a bunch of little gears on a little pole.

"Why can't we just bust it out of the amber?"

"Well we could…" began Twilight. "But that wouldn’t be the best idea. I think I can teleport the clock itself out, but I want to study it a little more just in case it's the combination of the two items somehow that…"

"Nah, it's the clock. Trust me, Derpy has a ton of things that feel about the same. Or had at some point. She might be taking them apart."

"What, why?"

"I dunno. It's not like it's important."

Twilight sighed. "Ugh, Dash. This is just a guess but I think this might be an artifact of Chonos himself. The great stallion of time."

"Wait, isn't that the father of…" began Gilda

"The diarchial princesses themselves. Yes. Though I'm not sure he had a literal hoof in it's creation, merely that it's themes fit with him and the magic hovering about it does have some similarity to their own auras but…"

"Whatever. Maybe that has something to do why Derpy's collecting them?"

"I can certainly see such a collection as interesting. Gilda is there any way…"

"You can claim it as treasure. There are some rules and you have to get it appraised, but there is no way they'll claim it's Griffin so you can keep it. Oh, and you do have to pay for it, but you can just tell them your an ambassador and they'll bill dad, though he'll bill Celestia for all your expenses in the long run."

"Derpy was just telling me how she regretted not talking to the princess more often so I doubt she'd mind an extra step or two in getting the clock. If Celestia does, Derpy is very wealthy and can pay her back."

"Oh, Twi." I said. "You should say Fluttershy found it on a mountain. That's easier, uh, right G. I forget the rules on this."

"Yea."

"Forget?" Then Twilgiht then got a huge grin on her face. "Oh of course, your mother must come here all the time to search for…"

"Here? No way."

"Yea, dad hates Daring Do so much. She isn't allowed anywhere near Griffany."

"Even after mom admitted how she exaggerated how much danger she was in, there really were a bunch of griffins dogging her."

Gilda laughed. "Oh it was hilarious how mad she made dad."

"Okay. Dash I assume you aren't willing to sit though doing paperwork and…"

I frowned. "Aww, I really don't want to but I know Derpy loves getting those clocks."

"I figured. I'll do it for you but I think I will need some help with the legal issues so while you can go Gilda…"

"Fine I can't think of anything else to do."

"Well I can."

Rarity entered with something on her back covered by a cape. It was a fancy cape but it was clearly mainly there to hide something. I could even sorta see some weird bulge under it on one side. It was clear she was hiding something, but it was impossible to tell what.

"What do you want you fussy…" Gilda cringed. "Never mind that."

"I won't. Now, is there some other griffin that could help Twilight."

G suddenly smiled. "Actually I know just who can help her. It might take a little bit to find her and introduce her but she probably can help more than even I could, and is one of the only griffins around here I trust."

I smiled. "Oh, as in one of the two sisters you actually like?"

G nodded. "Yep. Apparently Flutterycry and Applejack are hanging with Grace right now, so you three get to meet Gwen."

"You mean I've already met her?"

We all briefly turned to Pinkie poking out of a small wooden chest. We then all looked away again. Rarity and Twilight looking at Gilda, me in my friends' general direction since I was flying about a ways away from them.

"Fine, all four of you get to meet her. Whatever."

"Yah. I love meeting new ponies, and meeting new griffins is almost as good, though most griffins seem kinda grumpy for no reason."

"Yea, it's a complete mystery why they might feel that way after meeting you." Gilda then cringed. "Sorry Dash."

"Eh, as long as she doesn't notice I don't really care."

"Yea." Pinkie then giggled. "I totally don't notice at all."

For a brief moment the room went silent. Then I shook my head. "Anyway, you can think about my friends whatever you want as long as you treat them with respect."

"Dash, isn't the whole point trying to change my mind."

I blinked. "Oh, uh. I guess. Whatever, we're not done yet and respecting Pinkie is hard so it's okay, okay."

"Yea, I'm not respectable at all."

Again the room went silent. It wasn't just her saying it with that cheerful tone, but something about the sentence just felt wrong. Like she was admitting to something way worse than what I was implying. I shook my head. It's just Pinkie, how much worse could it be?

"Anyway we should get going so Rarity can, uh…" I paused

"I noticed a certain something here I would very much enjoy." Rarity then smiled. "As I said I would like to take Gilda along as well."

"That sounds fine, after I'm done with…." Twilight paused "Gwen right?"

G nodded

"Yes, after I'm done I can find Fluttershy if I need you."

"Oooo, I could do it too. Being a griffin is fun."

"I’m not sure I follow dear. Why specifically Fluttershy?"

"Well this city is designed with wings in mind." Said Twilight "You haven't left the palace any more than I have but I was looking at a map earlier."

"Ah, yes, too true. Come, let us meet this Gwen then be off to the next step."


So I then followed Rarity out of the room with Gilda on one side and Twilight on the other. I heard Pinkie bouncing behind us. I wonder what boring place Rarity found. Gilda sorta already liked her, but not really enough I think. I have a feeling whatever frou frou place Rarity found Gilda is going to hate her for it.