• Published 23rd Feb 2013
  • 620 Views, 26 Comments

Rainbow over Griffany: RotE Episode 7 - Dream Volt



Rainbow Dash and freinds visit Griffany, and Gilda

  • ...
3
 26
 620

Grace

The garden was fairly wild, but full of all sorts of animals. It was clear Fluttershy was really enjoying herself next to pale blue griffin with flowers in her white head feathers. I used to call it hair but something about that bugged Gilda and eventually she got me to stop. Grace had black claws that might look more sinister if she wasn't clearly the griffin version of Flutter. Seriously, I didn't even know griffins could smile that much. But right now G had a smile on her face too.

"So, how bad is it, and is it me or Flutter because…"

"Yea, yea, one feather and you'll grind me into the dirt. I remember the speech. Even though I didn't even know it was her I just scared her. You can't blame me for that."

"I totally can. You even did it on purpose, but whatever."

"The funny thing is I really respect her. Of all ponies I never thought that could happen, but I do. I mean even I never stood up to my dad. It was dumb as you get, but I'm friends with you so obviously that's not a problem."

I shoved her, nearly knocking her over but not quite. "Hay."

"Hay yourself."

"But seriously, how bad? 1 to 10."

"I would say 5, but Fartooshy will think 10 I'm sure. You might think about 7. Also it's a gross out thing, not harm or any sort of real prank."

"Yea, it better not be. Your queen demands it so."

We both groaned. Pinkie then walked in giggling. She was spending a lot of time as a griffin. She was also wearing the cloak and crown. I wasn't sure how the cloak fit her but apparently it and the crown automatically adjusted, including downward.

"Oh hello most wise and happy queen. It's a pleasure to see you." G's smile was genuine and not remotely malacious. That still looked creepy to me.

"Oh, hi Pinkie. We were just about to go to lunch."

"Go?" said Grace "Why go? Don't ponies like also sorts of plants to eat and there is the bounty of nature all around. Why can't we simply dine here?"

"Oh, I, uh guess."

Gilda giggled. She actually giggled. Uh oh. "Yea, it's all around us, so why not."

"G, this is going to be really bad isn't it? What exactly…"

"Well see my sis is really into nature, but she isn't fond of cooking."

"So?"

Then grace picked up a squirrel and swallowed it in one bite. I suddenly felt sick. I mean yea eating meat isn't that great by itself but this was on a whole other level. Fluttershy seemed way more okay than I would have thought. She had a really big frown on her face and looked about ready to cry but wasn't catatonic or cowering.

"But, your pets you said…"

"I do love them of course. But it's not like most Griffins are fond of pets. This garden isn't full of strange beasts simply for their beauty, father just likes exotic food."

"Food?"

"Yes. Father indulges me a little but he only lets me keep so many. Still, it is the way of nature. All must eat."

"Of course eating stuff raw is still weird." Added Gilda

"I suppose. But I believe it is the right way. Also the way squirm around when I swallow is quite enjoyable."

I zipped over to a bush and lost it. I guess the griffin version of Fluttershy is still a griffin huh? Oh mare that is just so messed up. I wobbled away from the bush trying to look cool but no doubt failing. I'm awesome but there are some things no one can make cool. I wasn't really surprised Gilda fell over laughing. Really the only surprising thing is she clearly held out for a bit.

"That's horrible." Said Fluttershy

"I don't think so. Still, I guess we just have to disagree. I admit when father makes me replace one pet for another it's agonizing and I don't want them to go but for the most part there is a reason I eat only small short lived creatures."

Tears filled Fluttershy's eyes. "Because they die soon enough."

Pinkie was suddenly in front of Grace, glaring at her. "Did you just make Fluttershy cry? Because if you did…"

"In way, but…" She sighed. "I just reminded her of something, correct?"

Fluttershy nodded. "I still don't like it."

"Aww, don't be sad Flutters." Then Pinkie smiled "Ooo, I know. It isn't floatie, but my crownie thingie…"

"You mean your crown?" asked Gilda

"…is all fun and tinglie. Here, try it."

Then Pinkie popped her crown, or more accurately the Griffany royal crown on Fluttershy's head. Fluttershy then let out an "Oh my." I think I would have gone for something more than just that if I suddenly doubled in size. She frowned deeply for a second, then smiled. Pinkie then threw up her claws.

"Whooo. It worked, that frown went down." Then she flexed. "Yea." She then fell over, not used to flying with a cape on her back. Not that that's a good idea to begin with.

"She's brain damaged or something similar, right?" Asked Grace

"Technically she's in perfect heath and sane." I said

"How does that work?"

"I'm not really sure either."

"It's the same. It feels just the same." Fluttershy put a hoof to the silver part of the crown. "Oh, well maybe just part of it?"

"The power of the crown is quite impressive." Said Grace "Even wearing it for a moment can do much, but over time the nature magic behind it can do far more. It is an extremely powerful artifact. In fact it's odd your friend was able to best it."

"No it's not. It has his magic too and Pinkie's nullified it so…" Fluttershy then paused. "Well maybe, I'd have to ask Twilight to…" She gasped. "Oh, I need to tell Twilight right away and…"

"This is really that important?" asked G

"Oh, well maybe not but it's a piece of…" Fluttershy gasped. "Oh no, she said I should tell all of you but I forgot. Oh, I hope Celestia isn't too mad what if…"

Pinkie put a hoof into Fluttershy's mouth. "Hey, that's kinda fun. I bet that's why ponies shove their hoof in my mouth so often."

"Yea, sure it is." Gilda then rolled her eyes

"That's why I said it." Pinkie giggled. "You're so silly Gilda."

"Ugh." Gilda then face taloned.

"Wait, what was I doing again?"

"You were about to tell Fluttershy not to freak out."

"Oh yea." She then turned to Fluttershy who had pulled out Pinkie's hoof without her noticing. "Like Dashie said Flutters, don't worry."

"So what did she tell you?"

"Uh…" Fluttershy looked at Gilda, then Grace

"Let me guess, Elements of harmony only?"

Fluttershy nodded. "I'll explain it later. But Celestia and Luna will be really happy we found it."

"Well I guess it's a good thing Pinkie's queen now otherwise we'd have to steal the crown or something right?" I asked

"Aww, but I like it." Said Pinkie.

"Well you really only need part of it. Take it off dweeb. No one else can." G then smiled. "Well unless you can use awesome mind control powers of course."

Fluttershy let out a little "eeep" then quickly removed it. She then looked down refusing to meet anypony, or anygriffin in the eyes. She held out the crown and G took it. She spun it around a bit and then pointed to something hidden by the crown.

"It's a jade carrot?" asked Pinkie

"Is that what that stone is called?" asked Grace

Pinkie rolled her eyes. "Duh."

"Oh, I guess the griffin that found it didn't want to be seen carrying around a jade carrot."

"Actually the first one that did made it a necklace, but it got stolen." Said Gilda "The carrot itself can't be enchanted so a later king had the crown made."

"Ooo, so we can just take it out and I can still wear the crown?" asked Pinkie

I blinked. "Wait, why didn't you get bigger?"

"Cuase I am as big as I wanna be, duh. Ooo, does the cape do something cool too?"

"It lets you radiate an aura of fear." Said G

"But it's powered by hate rage and aggression." Added Grace.

I laughed. "So it can't work for her at all."

"It's warm and gets all shrinky. So it works a little."

"I guess so. How do we…"

The crown had been forged around the carrot. Apparently it was really tough. Fluttershy then yanked it out without a second thought. Grace and Gilda stared. She had twisted the metal that held the carrot in place into useless scrap of snapped it off completely in places. After a moment she was giant Fluttershy again. I still forget how freakishly strong Fluttershy is sometimes. Not that there aren't reasons. That stupid bunny seems to easily beat her at hoof wrestling. I'm pretty sure that jerk just pressures her into it anyway, I doubt she really likes it. So it's easy to forget she follows the sky calvary training regimen cause of her dad. Of course technically so do I but suddenly I had an idea.

"Hey Grace, you said nature magic, right? Does that make you stronger too?"

"Oh, yes. I should have thought of that. She was holding the carrot."

"Heh, yea. Nothing else fits. No way."

"Dash, that was pathetic." Said Gilda

"Huh, I don't get it?" said Pinkie

"So yea, off to Twilight and the others so we can talk about this carrot."

"Oh yes, that reminds me ponies. Didn't you say you're hungry?"

"I was." Said Fluttershy

I felt my stomach churn again, saying nothing.

"Nah, I'm not hungry anymore."

G smiled "Are you sure? I bet you've never had Haggis."

"Oooo, what's that?"

I was at a bush again, dry heaving since there was nothing left in my stomach to lose. I doubt it was a serious offer, she was just messing with me, and maybe Pinkie. For that matter Fluttershy too actually. I mean eating meat was bad enough, but haggis? That's just a horror show.