• Published 23rd Feb 2013
  • 620 Views, 26 Comments

Rainbow over Griffany: RotE Episode 7 - Dream Volt



Rainbow Dash and freinds visit Griffany, and Gilda

  • ...
3
 26
 620

Fluttershy's power

Fluttershy was the one that explained it all in the end. Even I noticed the way Celestia tensed up. If I had to talk about my mom being busted up into pieces I would tense up too. So of course Flutter stepped up and saved her the pain of doing it even though she didn't really want to. She was just awesome like that. It took awhile but I finally got her alone. We were in the blimp and everypony else was busy. She looked like she wanted to run, eyes zipping back and forth, and focusing on the door behind me. In other words just like any other time she didn't want to talk about something.

"Oh uh. Hello Rainbow Dash I just remembered…"

"Flutter. Seriously?"

"Sorry."

"Now come on. This has something to do with the mind control right."

She nodded. Then I stood there waiting for a response. She just kept me waiting, and waiting, and waiting. Finally I stomped my hoof.

"Come on already. You gotta talk about this to somepony and since you haven't already I have to make you so get on with it."

"Sorry."

"Fluttershy, come on. I'm bad at this. Just tell me what's wrong?"

"I hate it. It just feels wrong. And…" She looked down. "It was so easy. It wasn't like the stare. I know that with a little practice I could do it whenever I wanted."

"Yea. Just like whenever you wanted you could break the spine of just about anything if it isn't like super huge. How you could ninja your way though hordes of bad guys like it's nothing. How there is so much you can do but don't because you're worried that it might be mean. I knew this was gonna be dumb."

"I'm sorry." Then she was crying. Horseapples

"Oh mare, it's not like that, it's, oh whatever, it sorta is but it's dumb because you're not like that okay. You can but don't. I keep telling you to be more assertive and it's true, but you're never gonna abuse it. Pinkie and I so would, maybe even AJ a little, she does like bossing ponies around, but never you. So it's dumb to worry about it just like all the other stuff you worry about you shouldn’t, okay?"

She nodded but hadn't stopped crying so I hugged her. It was always so frustrating dealing with this sorta thing with Fluttershy. I mean she kicks so much flank during martial arts practice it's not even funny, but the second it's real she just cowers. And it's not like it's just that. It's everything. Heck I did the math and figured she can equal my wingpower if she really wanted to. Of course now the math says I can't even equal my own wingpower so magic can make things a bit wonky but it's still impressive.

"I'm still scared Dash. It's not the same. I…"

"Nah, you're wrong. Sorry Flutter but you've always worried way too much about things you shouldn't and let it hold you back."

"I'm not brave like you Rainbow. I'm just, not."

I laughed. "Sure you aren't. Because I'm the one that stared down a dragon and a cockatrice. I'm the one that was able to shrug off some magic fear effect and mess with G's dad like he wasn't some huge monster at the time."

"He's not a monster."

"Of coruse not. Now that crown is off he doesn't have discord's magic making him all crazy anymore and is back to just being a mean jerk like most griffins."

She pulled out of my embrace. "What?"

"Oh, I guess you don't know enough about griffin history. All their kings and rarely queens, are huge jerks and have been for a long time. Now it's super obvious it was Discord's lame magic doing it."

"Oh, that's very smart Dash."

"Duh. Anyway, you good now?"

She smiled. It was her biggest fakest smile. "Oh yes I…"

"So that's a no." I sighed and slumped. "Seriously Flutter, you make things way harder than you have to. If you don't like it don't use it. You said with practice right. So make sure you don't practice at all."

"But…"

"If it's really that problem ask Twi to just seal it. I don't remember how magic sealing works but I know one of mom's enemies was this unicorn who had all his fire magic sealed somehow as punishment for assault charges."

"Oh, uh. I guess that might be okay." Then she cringed. "Does it hurt."

"I don't know. I still think you can just not use it but whatever."

Then Fluttershy hugged me. "Thank you Rainbow Dash. It's so scary having so much power. Being able to just make him do whatever I wanted. I don't want to feel like that again. I don't like it."

"Uh, yea. Okay."

I hugged her back. This is not cool but there are lots of uncool things I do for my friends, especially Flutter. I think I maybe still don't get it entirely but she'll probably talk to Rarity about it now so if I missed anything Rarity will catch it and fix it. She's really much better with this sort of thing but doesn't always notice anything is wrong. Also unless it's really good gossip she might not even push hard enough. Just like everypony else she's so worried about breaking her. Fluttershy is super sensitive sure, but she sure isn't some fragile little doll. I may not always remember how awesome she really is, but I do remember she is way tougher than anypony else seems to think.