• Published 22nd Feb 2013
  • 423 Views, 16 Comments

The Tail Of Endless Night - EndlessKnight980



This Story Begin back when Equestria was still young. The war of the Unicorn and Pegasus is over. A time of peace fall over the land of Equestria But dark times are a head Dragon take rule over the lands. only 1 pony can stop them. but he only a colt

  • ...
13
 16
 423

Chapter 2: The Start of the end

Endless Love ran to her colt. He was running from a Pegasus in royal armor. Endless ran behind his mother as the Pegasus landed.

“My name is Golden Apple. I'm captain of the guard of the high countess. I am looking for a unicorn by the name White Night.” He finished, then fell to the ground. She looked down at her colt.

“Go find your father. He’s in the north field. Go and bring him back here quickly.” she told him.

“But mom, what are you going to do? He could be dangerous.” he pleaded.

“He’s no more dangerous than I’ll be if you don’t get your father, now.” She said in a stern voice. he knew he’d be in trouble if he didn’t do as she said. He ran to the north field as fast as he could. He had to tell his father about the Pegasus. He saw his father trotting leisurely along the path that led to the field.

“DAD! There a weird Pegasus at the house.” He yell. seeing his father on the path home.

“What? come on let’s go.” They ran back to the house. His father ran ahead leaving him behind. he was worried about his mother. What if that Pegasus was pretending to be hurt, so he could hurt her? he ran faster.

He entered the house to see his father and mother had removed the Pegasus’ armor. They were rubbing a green paste on him.

Getting her son’s attention, Endless Love asked “bring me that bowl with the blue paste.” He did as he was told, grabbing the bowl of blue paste. It smelled bad. His mothers took it and poured it on the Pegasus’ burns.

“White Night, He said he was looking for you before he passed out. Do you know him?” she ask.

“No. But by the looks of his armor, he’s from the royal guard.” he said.

“He said his name was Golden Apple, A captain of the guard.” she told him.

The rest of the night, Endless watched his mother and father as they took turns tending to the Pegasus. He dozed off as his father took his second round.

-------------(the next morning)---------------

Endless awoke early in the morning to the smell of his mother cooking. She had set out four plates. His father and the Pegasus were gone. He pulled at his wrappings and loosened them. He took his place at the table and waited. His mother poured him a plate of oats, then dished out what was left to the others. She poked her head out the door.

“Breakfast is ready.” The Pegasus and his father entered and sat down. Not a word was said as they ate.

After breakfast, Endless helped his mother with the dishes like normal.

“Endless, why don’t you go outside and play. I’ll call you when lunch is ready.” she told him as they finish.

He did as his mother told him.

He head down to the steam like always. He liked to practice magic there. He was getting good at moving things. He remembered what had happened to the bird and wondered if he could use it on other things. He found and old tree that was rotting out. That would work for now.

He focused on the rotten tree, and it started to snap and crack, then fell to the ground. The spell felt different. the tree then turned into a powerful stream of light that flowed into his horn. He fell to his knees. Then he felt a jolt of energy, Like he had more power. He stood up and looked into the stream to see if his horn was ok. He was relieved that it was fine. He then turned to look back at the tree. It had turn into dust and was blowing away in the wind. This was an odd spell. He wondered if the spell had any bad side effects. He would have to wait until his new energy wore off. He smiled at this thought. He felt as strong a ten ponies. He tried to lift a large stick, but he couldn’t. After some time pass. he heard his mother. he drop the rocks he had been floeting around in circles. Then headed back for lunch.


---------(after lunch)-----------

Golden Apple left after lunch. His mother packed him some food. He took his sword, but left his armor. Endless look at the armor but didn't get a good look. the only thing he saw. was the crest on the front. he wanted a better look at the armor. but his father took and hid it outside. He knew his father had a place where he hid things from him. His father was never mean. but still never showed much interest in him. He wished his father would play with him like his mother did from time to time. But anytime he asked, his father told him he was busy working. Sometimes this was true. But other times he would go to his hidden place.

He knew his father would be gone for about 30 minutes. This meant it took about 10 to 15 minutes to get there. The problem now. Was that he was not allowed past the stream or the fence around the farm. He knew it took five minutes to get to the fence gate, and three minutes to get to the stream for his father. He had timed this out before. He had looked around the farm for his father’s hiding spots. but no luck.


His father entered the house about 30 minutes later. He smiled, He was right! He waited until everyone had gone to bed, and snock out of the house. He flashed his horn to a low light, and then followed his father’s steps to the gate. He unlocked the gate, his heart beating fast. He put his forelegs forward and then continued to follow his father’s steps. Then the prints disappeared. He lit his horn brighter. His father’s prints were gone. He looked around and saw nothing. Endless walked over to the trees on the edge of the path and looked for anything in the trees, but found nothing. He stepped back and heard a dull thud. He turned and stomped again.

“Thud”

He rubbed the dirt off the ground and found a couple wooden planks. He was overjoyed. He found it. He was ready to look for a latch to open the trap door, but he saw the glow of the sun coming over the mountains. He’d lost track of time. He needed to be in bed before his father got up.

Endless ran as fast as he could, past the gate and slowed down as he got to the door. He opened it slightly and peeked inside. His mother and father were still sleeping. He crept in and lay down in his bed. Sleep came easy. He was tired from the running.

Author's Note:

Fix # 2. i hope i got it right. this is the update one. v1.1. i really hope those classes are paying off.