• Published 22nd Feb 2013
  • 424 Views, 16 Comments

The Tail Of Endless Night - EndlessKnight980



This Story Begin back when Equestria was still young. The war of the Unicorn and Pegasus is over. A time of peace fall over the land of Equestria But dark times are a head Dragon take rule over the lands. only 1 pony can stop them. but he only a colt

  • ...
13
 16
 424

Chapter 9: What Can Happen In A Year

Endless enjoy the last year in canterlot. He had a nice routine. He would get up in the morning and head down stair for breakfast. Then Luna would come over and they walk to Gem Stones house. From there they head to school. Miss Sparkles would be waiting at the door as always. She learn how smart he was. She had started to give him the higher grade books. This was good. some of the work was harder. And it made him work harder. He sit at his desk working in these books until Lunch. Then him Luna, and Gem stone would eat outside on the stump table. Unless it was Raining. Then they eat at they desk. After lunch he, Luna, and the other Pegasus would play a game were you pass a ball around and throw it through a hoops on the end of a sticks. he was no good at this he was still bad at flying but was getting better thanks to Luna lesson.

After school he, Luna and Gem stone would walk to the large field the farmer still hadn’t farmed. they Play there until it start to get dark they make they ways home. After they leave Gem Stones house. he and Luna would walk home. Luna never ask him about his family or his burns like Gem Stone and the other at school. he told them he didn’t want to talk about it yet. They talk about thing that happen in town or people Luna met in her family travels. After they made it home he would go in and have dinner with Doctor Hooves. Then he head to upside and read his father spells books until he was tier and head to bed.

Endless wake up to the Doc knocking on the door. Like most morning. he got up and look outside. It was a light rain. he thought of Acorn. She love the rain and would be hoping for rain puddle. Her family work the lumber mill. he Smile as he remember the red and yellow Pegasus as she one ran into the apple tree by the school a week ago. Her red main got stuck on a branches. He remember Lilly and Buttercup running to her. Buttercup try to use magic to pull her out. Then a large amount of leaves fell out of the tree and fell on top of her. They match her. As she poke her head out of leaves. Then Acorn fell on top of both Lilly and Buttercup. he giggle as he remember the Teachers trying to get the girl to stop yelling at each others.

he was glad it was Saturday. There was no school and he had plans with Luna. She was coming over and they were going to the shops for her sister. he had been in canterlot for a little more then a year now. He smile. It was almost his birthday. He hardly been to the shops. Other then the one time when he went to Gem Stone family shop and they try to talk him into a main cut. He ran out before they got to him. he rub his main. It was getting long. He headed down the stair.

“ What for breakfast?” he ash as he enter the kitchen.

“OAT MEAL.” Hooves said with a big smile on his face.

“Why are you so happy?” he ask sitting down and took a drink of water.

“I got a date with Miss Sparkles.” he spit the water he was drinking out over the table.

“MY TEACHER?!?” He said in shock.

“Calm down Endless. It not that odd. We’ve been friends for years and I finally ask her out and she said yes.” He said wiping up his mess. There was a knock at the door. Doctor hooves when to answer as he started to eat. The thought of the doctor date made Endless wonder. What one does on date? Luna enter the kitchen.

“Ready to go? I got a full list of stuff to get.” he jump down and walk over to her.

“Ya. Ready to go. When do we head first?” he ask as Doctor Hooves came dancing in. He grab Endless bowl and drop it in the sink. Normal he complain about this.

“What with him?” Luna ask as Doctor hooves started to sing to himself.

“He got a date with miss Sparkles. Whatever that means.” He whisper to her. Luna giggle. he stood there clueless about what he said to made her laugh.

“ What so funny?” he ask as Luna start to brush into laughter. She pointed at Doctor hooves. He was making kisses faces at the broom he was dancing with. he try to hold in the laughter. He started to laugh as hard as Luna. They Left laughing as they headed down the street.

They stop just before they reach the bakery. There was a big window with the word. Pie Bakery. They enter the shop. This was his first time in the shop. He look around. There were loafs of bread on most of the sheaves. Cake behind the counter and cookies in baskets on the counter. It smell sweet like apples. A pink earth pony with a brown main. He had a cake and cookies as his cutis mark. He had a little white hat on his head. He turn to face them as Luna rang the bell.

“Good morning Mr. Pie.”

“LUNA my favorite costumer. What can I do you for?”

“My sister put an order in yesterday and I’m here to pick it up.”

“Ah yes that right. One basket of apple cookies and here some Oat cookies for you and your friend.” He said adding two cookie into the basket. He pass the basket to Luna. Luna pass it to him. Luna pass two bits to Mr. Pie. He thank her.

After the bakery. they headed to the clothing shop. They pick up a blanket and sheet there. After that they pick up soon more food at the general store. The basket and bags were getting heavy by this time. he was Glad when Luna stop at Stone Barber.

“ Hi Luna. What are you and Endless doing today?” Gem Stone Ask as they enter.

“Just getting thing around.” She said with a wink.

“Oooo. I see.” she said with a wink. he was about to ask what was going on. when Doctor Hooves enter.

“Endless what are you doing here?” He ask as sat into the barber chair.

“I’m just following Luna around.” he said as he saw Luna taking a seat.

“I’ll be right back.” Gem stone said as she went to the back room. Two white Unicorn Enter the room.

“I”m Clay stone and I’ll will be your Barber.” he said in a dramatic flare. Endless notices he had a barber poll for his cutis mark.

“And I’m Wilma Stone. I’ll be your stylus today miss Luna.” She said as he move a brush and Scirror into the air with magic. She had a brush and scirror as her cutis mark.

“Just a trim.” Hooves told Clay stone as he pass a bit to him. he watch as he trim the doctor main. Clay stone look over at Endless.

“Young colt. I think you could you a hair cut.”

“No. I’m good. I like it long.” he said blowing his main out of his eye.

“I can see that. but we be happy to give you a trim. Free of cost. Just to get it out of your eyes.”

“aaah come on Endless. You needed a hair cut since I met you.” Gemstone said winking to Luna.

“You could use a hair cut.” she said as Wilma stone was brushing and cutting the end if her main.

“Ok then. But not to much.” he said giving up.

“Gem honey would you give him a trim?” Clay Ash. Gem Stone face went to beyond joy. he sat in the free chair. She got her cutis mark as scirror, her parents are both Barbers, what the worst that could happen? he thought as he watch her float a pair of scirror over his head. Endless close his eyes as he hear the clipping. A few minute later Endless hear her stop.


“And done.” she said as she put the scirror down. he open his eyes. Luna and the other were standing in front of him. They mouths gasp open in shock.


“What? Did she cut it all off?” he said in panic. They shook they heads no.

“is it bad?” The shook they head no again.

“Well what wrong with it?” he said as Gem Stone jump down into his view. She floated a mirror in front of him. his jaw drop. She had cut it Just right. It was long and cover most of his burns. He flip it up and it set right back. He look over at Gem Stone.

“How did you?” he ask still in shock. She Smile, put the mirror down, then said.

“I have no idea. I close my eyes and It just happens.” his heart sank.

“Your joking. Right?” he said with a half a smile.

“She not Joking. I watch.” Luna said. his heart sank lower.

“You see I get this tingle on my back every time I use scirror. I close my eyes and when the tingling stop, I know I’m done.” she said with a smile.

“Endless don’t you have something you want to say to Gem Stone.” Hooves said. he thank her. After his hair cut. Doctor Hooves, Luna and him left. Doctor Hooves went his own way. he follow Luna as she lead him to one of the farms just outside town. After crossing one of the field. he finally ask.

“Were are we going?” Luna look back with a smile and a wink.

“It a surprises.” he follow her into the woods. There seem to be a small path. They enter a field with a stump, a pails of old hail and apple trees.

“Ok we’re here.” she said pulling the sheet out of Endless bag. She plate it over the stump.

“So what is here?” he ask looking around. Luna plate the basket of food on the Stump.

“This is were we’re having Lunch.” She said pulling food out and moving it around the stump table. He took a seat across from Luna. They ate as birds flutter around them. he watch as bees fly from Flower to Flower. They didn’t talk much as they ate. At the end of Lunch Luna pull the two oat cookies out that Mr. Pie gave them and pass him one.

“So it been a year now. Right?” Luna ask looking at the birds. then to him.

“Yes.” he said wondering why she ask. She was. after all. The first pony in town he met.

“So Endless I have something I been wanting to ask you.” she said as he took a bite from the cookie. his heart started to beat faster.

“It something I’ve be nerves about asking you for sometime.” he took another bite. His heart beat faster. What could she want to ask? Was she going to ask how he felt about her. he was ready to pour his heart out.

“How are you doing after the attack on the farm?” his heart slow and drop. His mood with it.

“If you don’t what to talk about it. we can talk about something else.” she said quickly.

“ No. No. It ok. I’m doing ok. I guess. I still can’t think about my parent without crying. But I’m ok.” Luna move closer.

“So what happen?” he look down. Then to his flank. The burn had scar him.

“You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to.” She said quickly.

“It feels good to finally talk to someone about it and it help that your a good friend.” Luna blush a little. he started to tell her. After he finish the story Luna gave him a huge. She had tear in her eyes.

“Luna don’t cry for me. I’ll be fine.” she look up.

“I’m crying because your crying silly.” he put a hove up and catch a tear falling from his eyes. He then huge Luna. After a few minutes they stop. he wipe his eyes.

“Thanks Luna. This really help.” he said as she wipe her eyes.

“No problem.” she said with a smile. After a few minute of crying. They pack up the picnic and head back. It was still light out after Luna drop stuff off at her house. They decided to See if Gem Stone could play. he touch his main every time he hear her name. It was amazing how she had cut it. Tho some of the scar on his face were still showing. She manage to cover the bad ones. They were almost to her house when Luna put a hove in front of him.

“Look there Miss Sparkle and Mr. Hooves.” she said pointing. They were getting up from a table at the cafe. They we’re laughing.

“Wonder how things are going?” she said with her sweet but evil smile. he knew only trouble follow.

“Let follow them and see.” She said dragging him along. They follow them around town. The whole time they were giggling and laughing. they watch as they enter the bakery. they wait outside.

“Let get a better look.” she said crawling to the big window with the word Pie Bakery. he rolled his eyes and did the same. They poke they headed up and look in. Mr. Pie was writing Doctor Hooves name a large white box. They turn to head out. Both Luna and him duck and quickly jump into a hail wagon that was park in front of the store.

“Well that one thing of the list. Let get the rest.” Hooves said opening the door for Miss Sparkles.

“Yes let see. We need to go up here now.” Miss sparkles said point down the road. They poke their head out of the hail and look at Doctor Hooves and Miss Sparkle. Look at each other. then back to them.

“HEY MOVE THAT WAGON. YOUR BLOCKING MY SIGN.” Mr. Pie yell at the two earth pony’s pulling the wagon. The wagon started to moving. It was heading away from Miss Sparkle and Doctor Hooves. Luna jump up and took fleet. he follow. He smile. This was getting fun. He follow Luna into the air. He try to keep some distance. He didn’t want to run into her.

“Ooooo. Were they go?” She ask spinning around.

“There.” he said pointing down. They flew down onto the rooftops. Then jump down to the ground by the flower stand. The Doctor grab a bundle that Endless was hiding behind. he quickly duck out of sight. He throw two bits on the table as he gave them to Miss Sparkle.

“O. Thank you. They lovely.” she said with a smile. Luna wings flutter a little bit. he didn’t know why. The follow them down the street. Hiding in all sort of places. his favorite was the barrel him and Luna wag them self into. They finally stop on a bench in the town square. Endless and Luna hid in a bush right next to them.

“So did you have fun today?” Hooves ask. he guess he was looking at her. They couldn’t see them from the bush. Luna was rubbing her wing into his.

“Yes I had a Darling time. It was fun.” Miss Sparkles said.

“Well Miss Sparkles we better be getting you home before dark.” he said.

“O Mr. Hooves. Don’t worry so much. See even the young pony’s are still out.” He look to Luna and was worry they see them. Then was relief as he hear Gem Stone voice.

“Hi Miss Sparkle. How are you doing today?” Gem stone said in her bubbly way.

“I’m good. Are you ready for the test on Monday?” she told Gem Stone.

“Test? What test? What are you Poi... Ooooo. Right the test.” she said.

“The Quiz on plants life.” Gem stone said with a giggle.

“That right. You said it was on plants.” Endless look at Luna and sarge his shoulders. He didn’t remember her saying anything about a test.

“Well I’ll see you in class on Monday. Bye Gem Stone.”

“Bye.” She said.

“Well let get you home. Shell we?” Hooves said.

“Yes let get going.” Sparkle said. Endless hear them walk away. he look at Luna.

“HI GUYS! WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING HERE?”They both jump out of the bush and turn around. Gem Stone pull her head out of the bush and started to laugh hard. Endless heart was pounding out of his chest.

“So these are you best students. Look like they studying for the test.” Hooves said laughing. they turn to see not only Doctor Hooves and Miss Sparkles. Almost half the class was there too. They were laughing at them. This couldn’t get any worse. he though.

“So would you both like to explain what your doing following use around.” Miss Sparkle said looking down on them. he try to think of something to say.

“We’re sorry. We were just having some fun.” Luna said bowing and waving for him to do the same.

“We’re sorry.” He said bowing like Luna.

“So you think they suffer enough?” she said looking at Doctor Hooves.

“Yes. They learn they lesson. Lets let them go with a warning. Don’t pock your noes around in other pony business.” hooves said. They Quickly flew away. They landed and started laughing. He decided to walk Luna to her door.

“Well that was a fun day. We were lucky.” he said.

“Ya. But I think we’ll hear about this for some time.” she said. They laugh.

“Well thank for all your help today.” she said rubbing her leg.

“No problem. And thanks for hearing me out.” he said looking down. Just then he felt something wet but nice on his cheek.

“Thank Endless. see you tomorrow.” She said after kissing him on the cheek and heading into her house.

Endless walking into the house. He headed up to his room. he look out his window and waited for the doctor to get home. He could see him and Miss Sparkle walking to her house. he watch as Miss Sparkle kiss the doctor on the cheek. Wait I thought the doc was on a date. He thought. Is that how dates end. Did I just have a date with Luna? he decided to go to bed and worry about what a date was later.

Author's Note:

fix # 9. Dating. always something has to happen. so it been a year in old canterlot. Endless seem to be living a normal live. but things are never as they seem. P.s. For those how keep making bad post. hater got to hate. ;p i will never stop posting.