• Published 14th Feb 2013
  • 7,553 Views, 301 Comments

A Lampent's Lament in Equestria - Iridescence T Wind



I was never the most well liked pokemon around town, being unable to talk more then your species name dosen't help explain that your here to collect souls to send them to a better place either. Did not know it would result in my death again thou

  • ...
18
 301
 7,553

Chapter 11: Gossips of Stripe

“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.”
― Socrates
---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---

He waited for a response from the cloaked pony, when no come he moved closer a few inches. The cloaked one took a step back the light catching a glimpse of her face, "A Zebra?" Soul stated surprised. So far he had only met ponies, the fact that Zebra's might be here as well never crossed his mind.

"A Zebra I indeed be, but your kind I have yet to see." came a serious yet singsong reply from the cloaked zebra, "I am Zecora of the Everfree, who do you be?"

"Soul Light, A Lampent of a place far far away from here. Guess a resident of here and the nearby village too now." Soul stated back, again surprised due to her ryhmes as the zebra took off her hood, no longer seeing the need to hide.

"Tell me then why, that you do not run and cry?" The Zebra stated cryptically.

"Pardon?"

Zecora raised an eyebrow, "The ponies of ponyville run and hide, for reasons I can not abide. I simply wish for herbs and cures, with my intentions pure."

Soul face-palmed with his black metallic length of iron like substance for an arm, "Haven't you noticed that these ponies freak out at the most rediculous things?"

"How so, do you know?" Zecora leaned in now curious.

"Well for one they ran from a stampede of baby bunnies."

Zecora deadpanned, "Oh I see, these ponies are not as courageous as can be."

Soul had no comment, he didn't want to be completely rude by this conversation to the residents of ponyville, not behind their backs anyway. A conversation change was in order, "So you live in the Everfree?"

Zecora nodded before replying in her own questioning voice, "Yes I be living in the Everfree, As do you as you say to me."

"Moving into that ruined castle up the path I am making through the forest, How about you?"

Zecora shook her head, "That castle has a dark past, worse than a broken ship mast. Be careful where you tread, lest you end up one of the dead."

Soul chuckled at that statement, drawing Zecora to continue not understanding, "Be warned that I make no joke, my warning is not a hoax."

Soul motioned with his arms in soothing gesture, "No, it's not that. I am merely laughing at an inside joke on the subject of joining the dead."

"How pray tell, would that be funny at all to laugh as a chiming bell."

"Because technicly I am already dead."

Zecora backed away suddenly, "Spirits and Ghosts, be what I dislike most."

"No I am not a Spirit or ghost in your traditional terms of being a maliginate being. I would tell you my roll in this world if it didn't make others hate me for it in the last place I have been."

"Hate and fear, be things familar this year. What be your roll, child called Soul."

"Well..." Soul started, unsure if to continue or not. He wasn't a liar at heart but he hardly knew this pony. In contrast she was suffering under the same superstitions supposedly as the rest of the community, "I am the collecter of souls for the Everfree and Ponyville. Though very little actual death goes on in Ponyville so the Everfree is the real one in need."

Zecora's stripes seem to pale and Soul stated quickly seeing the response several wild pokemon in the past had given him before, "No your not dead, I am in the realm of the living as well as a ghost of my formal self under my lord Arceus and Lord Giratina to collect the souls of the fallen that get left behind."

She recovered quicker than most ponies he knew would of if ever, "Your voice rings true, yet I do not believe you.I know Mort be reaper of the dead, not a lamp that looks wanting for bed."

"If you choose not to believe me it is fine. What do you do then?"

"I am a Alchmenist true to my work, brewing potions to cure ill if eaten with spoon and fork."

"Noble profession you have chosen then." Soul commented, "Why they fear one who practices medicine and creation through herbs in a land so peaceful then is beyond me."

"This land be paranoid from Nightmare Moon's brief return, a threat that would of left many stones turned."

"You mean that mare in the moon?" Soul shot the question at Zecora, "Thought she was a 'old ponies tale'."

"Not so, it was a tale of woe. Luckily however the bearers of the elements of harmony arrived, with all due haste and they strived. Come lets rest at my hutt, a tale we have much to discuss."

---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---

The leader of the small army of Lions looked down on the survivors of the sudden fight with Soul and his party as they explained themselves through choking coughs and dissolved fur. Resisting the urge to roll his eyes for the third time through the half hour long explaination of the same things over and over again. Growing tired the king of the pride, Gold Fang cut the conversation with a loud growl, [So your basically saying that a strange lamp that spewed acid and poison and a timberwolf prevented you three from killing a young manticore and you were forced to retreat or die. Correct?]

The small hunting group's living second in command, now first due to their first being the one to die at the Timberwolfs' stuttered and stopped talking, nodding once. Gold Fang continued, [Go back to hunting then. I will send someone to take care of the situation.]

[But sir, we are severly injured with acid and the scent of poison still reeks out of us.]

gold fang roared,[Do you challenge my orders Runt!?]

[...N-No sir...]

[Good, then go back to hunting before I gut you like a deer.]

With that theat, the two lions bloody and wounded mustered up their strength to run from the cave their leader held 'court' in. When they had left he turned to his advisor, a thin bipedal like cat with a gem on his forehead. The cat could speak both the language of animals and the race it had called pokemon. As well as some race called humans but that was equestrian in Gold Fang's book. The cat had simply called itself a member of some gang called Team Rocket but the crew it wore around him, from the shoulder to the opposite waist held balls it had aquired that held creatures of incrediable powers and magic. The creature had refered to itself as Meowth, and one of the divine advisors at that. With proof of its powers from forming gold coins out of nowhere to summoning a giant snake that dwarfed even the largest pythons Gold Fang had seen and a Strange purple pair of conjoined balls in the second of six, he was easily beaten his strongest warriors save goldfang himself who almost killed the purple ball known as 'Wheezing' before the match came to a close.

Now Meowth was his advisor and strike team when something stronger than a hunting group of lions targeted his forces. The cat had asked for a lot in return of service, in the form of all the female cats he could find and any 'electronic' devices the pack had found in the forest. All of which was situated a room away from Gold fangs own. Now he called upon Meowths service for the second time since the cat had joined him not less than a few weeks ago, [Go exterminate this threat, and prove your worth yet again. Do so and you will find yet more of the cats and a few more bits of technology stolen from pony kind.]

The cat replied in plain english, "Ya,ya. I'm on it." and left with at a walking pace without another word.

Meowth already knew where to find these creatures due to the ramblings of the idiots that had just left. They had already called him once to displace a rather violent Quarry eel that had robbed a cave meant for storage, blind. This sounded a lot easier. Oh how wrong Meowth would be.

---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---

"I wish to see how they react to you Zecora first hoof. Sometime tomarrow if you don't mind." Soul stated, it had been a day since they had first met and the two already knew each other as much as soul knew lily.

"If first hoof you wish to see, then it will be." Zecora nodded glancing back towards the Manticore and Timberwolf, normally the two of the most feared and reowned creatures of the forest chatting with each other through a series of barks and bodily gestures.

While Lily and Rose were busy with getting to know each other he had already introduced Zecora to the two. While he had to translate... everything... They all seemed to get along quite well for a Zebra, a Manticore, and a Timberwolf.

Hours had passed leading day into night when the conversation finally died down to the four of them resting by a simple campfire outside of the ruins. Soon Zecora bid them goodnight and left the group to their own conversation. Both Lily and Rose gave similar sentiment before falling asleep as Soul offered to stay up for guard duty as usual. Sometimes being a ghost who dosen't need sleep is convient. He floated up high, stopping to rest on the highest point of the ruined mess hall they were camping in. Even ruined how it is he could see across the trees to Ponyville not very far away, he could also see the dim light of Zecoras' hut and the path that was still half way to ponyville.

Two hours passed by with nothing coming even close to the building. A few times he saw a faint glimpse of a seperate pack of Timberwolves and a few Panthers but a majority of what he saw during the night were bats of all shapes and sizes. Some of the bats were even made of fruit! Gradually an odd feeling came to him. The feeling of being watched with malicious intent. At once he scanned the area around the edge of the forest with his night adjusted eyes. But as soon as he started the feeling was gone. Yet his suspicion didn't lower. Instead it raised, his body stood up at attention and he looked away. Sure enough the feeling was back. Using the edge of his periphrials he spotted a pair of almost triangular eyes glaring at him with all the greed of a money grubber eyeing a new dollar. He began to plot what to do.

---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---

Meowth was crouching in the bushes, belt of pokeballs around him looking achingly like they wanted to be used. Pokemon unlike humans, he noted, could carry more than six pokeballs. A feat which he had repeated throughout his carreer with stealing them by the bag loads. While he currently had six of his previous owners pokemon choosen as if by random (including pokemon who were even released before he had came here). He could not believe that yet another had showed its face in this dimension. Now he wanted it. Quietly he backed off choosing two on his belt and throwing them on the ground not five feet away. With a red outline fading as they were released from their pokeball, Wheezing and Arbok materialized in front of him. Meowth pointed in the ruined castles general direction stating in english, "heres the plan, go in, beat up the Timberwolf and Manticore those lions mentioned, and subdue the Lampent comrade for capture."

Wheezing looked at him curiously, [An Lampent? Here?]

Arbok had the same look on his snake like face, [This world holds the collector of the fallen?]

Meowth nodded, "Another member for Team Rocket once we capture him. I will personally take care of the Manticore pup. Wheezing, use your aerial abilities and smog to distract him long enough for Arbok to shatter the Timberwolf that was mentioned. Once both are subdued we will all gang up on the Lampent and capture him. I wont be using our other allies due to the lions watching us on the other side of the clearing. Keeping a few hidden weapons in reserve wouldn't hurt."

Both nodded at Meowths tactics. Revealing too much about their group to the unsteady alliance with the lions would be foolish at best. The three were already experianced fighters and used to working togther from their past work togther. With a quick nod the plan began to take action.

---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---

Likewise Soul was mentally speaking to his comrades who were preparing to ambush any would be ambushers. Their own plan intended they took up to surrounding the door and windows while Soul maintained his motionless post. Several minutes passed before he spotted the first one. The skirmish began. Both Wheezing and Lampent spewed a smoke cloud into each other at the same time both deflecting harmlessly up into the air as a resultant miniature tornado and Lampent leapt forward in a fire spin smashing forward into the wheezing as it attempted to ready another Smog through its two faces. The Wheezing halted its own attack seeing the encoming fire and narrowly dodged to the side before spewing yet another cloud out at the Lamp. Down below however Meowths plan began to fall apart before it even began.

Lily lunged upon the smaller of the two creatures who dived into the window, seeing the smaller to do the least damage but still be annoying with its attacks and leaving the larger of the two for the far stronger but slower Manticore pup. When the giant purple snake tried to attack the Timberwolf it was grabbed and thrown bodily into the middle of the floor where it was forced to fight it's Manticore Combatant. The snake lunged forward only to be uppercutted under the jaw snapping shut its jaw and sending it flying over the pup with a bruise. It turned and skidded circling around the Manticore pups powerful blows that reminded the Arbok of a fighting type. Narrowly the snake dodged and took the oppertunity to wrap up the pup forcing it to struggle while he readied his fangs to bite.

Meowth in contrast was extremely thankful his Pay day now worked. He didn't know if it was the curranecy change or that he was in a universe that was fundamentally differnt but he all but shotguned the paydays into the timberwolf standing on him shattering it in every which direction. He got up brushing himself up before he noticed the twigs quickly reforming back into the wolf, he was too late to react as the reformed wolf lunged at him again slashing every which way. The first slash made impact on the cat like pokemon but Meowth quickly replied in turn blocking each slash with a fury swipe. Jumping back he shot forward another payday which Lily promptly avoided by diving behind a pillar. Dashing around Meowth threw yet another of the pay day attack her way. It missed completely as the Timberwolf was no longer there, "Huh?" he said before he was tackled into a wall from behind.

Upwards the air was getting difficult to navigate as the clouds of smog were solid after use, Wheezing found itself using less of smog and more of poison gas and Sludge. Soul on the other hand was forcing the unfortunate gas bag to dodge constantly with wide fire attacks such as a flamethrower and a blast of fire that spread out in five different directions. The Wheezing regretted being pitted against this one sided match as it was forced to the ground to avoid yet another well aimed fire elemented attack. Only to get hit by a thrown Arbok as the snake was sent flying yet again by Rose throwing the just as misfortunate snake. Arbok had found out the hard way that a Manticore couldn't be poisoned which all but destroyed his attack strategy as a Poison type. The group was forced to recover again as the leader of the trio was thrown into the two poison types and a final blast of fire sent them skyward off into the distance before they could retaliate. The words, "Team Rocket is blasting off again!" was heard in both english and the pokemon language as they vanished.

overall three minutes had passed. Not five seconds later Lily and Rose were back asleep and Soul had resumed his post.

---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---

The next day Soul watched how the townspeople treated zecora, with amused results. Everywhere she went they treated her like she was the plague or a rampaging charizard and cowered in their houses. Noticing how a Confused looking Twilight was pulled in by a terrified pinkie pie. Soul floated to the door and knocked on it, hearing a series of surprised gasps and screams before it calmed down and he simply floated through the door as if it weren't there. Calmly he spoke up to the group of terrified friends, "Hey, we need to talk."