• Published 14th Feb 2013
  • 7,547 Views, 301 Comments

A Lampent's Lament in Equestria - Iridescence T Wind



I was never the most well liked pokemon around town, being unable to talk more then your species name dosen't help explain that your here to collect souls to send them to a better place either. Did not know it would result in my death again thou

  • ...
18
 301
 7,547

The Mare and the Lamp-Post

“That there were other worlds, invisible, unknown, beyond imagination even, was a revelation to him.”

― Kim Edwards, The Memory Keeper's Daughter

---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---

Pain, which was the first word that came to mind as Lampent regained consciousness. Slowly the Lampent up righted itself using its long hard black metal arms to rebalance himself. Fully up righted, Lampent began floating back into the air taking stock of his surroundings. This world was a brighter place missing a lot of shading that made Lampent wince until his eyes could adjust. He had woken up next to a bridge with the sound of ringing in his ears like he had just been in a close range explosion, highly probable since he was launched into here with a rip in space and time. His hearing was gradually returning and he heard the sound of water gently rushing by, looking around he noticed a small stone bridge and under it a small creek running through it the water gushed by in a large depression several feet wide when the water itself was about half a foot wide.

Instinctively Lampent shot back away from the stream only a few feet away from him. Still paranoid about water after his recent encounter with the liquid killing him, he wasn't quite ready to be near it so soon. His frame bumping into the trees above and causing his panic to launch himself sideways into the bridge before coming to a halt with the tip of his helmet like lamp rim stuck there, "Owwwwwwww." he whined in a British accent of a young male, "Wait what? No not this voice ugh..."

Lampent changed the pitch and speed of his voice as well as the accent and tried speaking again, this time in a deep western country cowboy of a voice, "Howdy Y'all; No this will never do..." He changed his voice again this time sounding more like a musical bell than an actual voice, "Chime... wait what?" sighing Lampent decided he would figure out what voice he would use after meeting the citizens of this world rather than before. He survived a few years before without it what would another few days be to him?

Lampent floated up, above the tree line, to examine where the nearest source of civilization was, he could see white cloudlike smoke from a few miles away trailing upwards. When there was fire there was either two things he knew, either there was a fire someone had started or a fire type pokemon was burning something or someone. Either way he lowered himself back down and began following the path towards that same said smoke. The path he followed, however, did not end up at the source of the smoke but rather stopped short in a dead end. With the Intent to reacquire how far away he was from the smoke he floated upwards.

---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---

Rainbow Dash, the fastest flier in Equestria was flying at high speeds over the everfree forest. she was attempting to reach max speed on a horizontal axis rather than a vertical descent and perform a few more tricks she had thought up. One particular trick that she was attempting right now, a double corkscrew loop de loop near the tree top levels. Normally Rainbow Dash wouldn't be over the Everfree forest but the other areas around Ponyville weren't as challenging to fly in and if she was to join the Wonder Bolts then she wanted to train herself the hardest way possible with the Everfree's chaotic weather that moved by itself and its untamed environment.

Of course she didn't see the Lamp like creature until it was way too late to change course and rammed it at top speeds. Rainbow Dash was flung off course into the cloud layers where she hanged until she regained consciousness pulling her upper half of her body out of its cloud burial. Lampent in contrast was launched through a tree and into the ground. Gradually Rainbow Dash looked around, not seeing what she hit and that this forest was indeed creepy enough to leave now. If another pony was around Rainbow would bluster and pretend to be brave for them to make herself seemed more awesome, as is she didn't feel safe enough being alone over the chaotic Everfree forest, so she left trying to recall what she had hit, only recalling the black slanted top of the Lampent.

---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---

Lampent was tense, suspecting that he was going to get attacked by the bright blue rainbow maned pony again. Usually when something rammed into the poor thing it would be the initiation of combat, not just a hit and run that had just occurred. It didn't look human or like any pokemon he knew of. This must be one of the strange dominate races that Lord Arceus had mentioned. Slowly and more cautiously this time Lampent raised himself slightly above eye level with the tree tops spotting the bright blue Pegasus racing away slightly to the right of the smoke clouds. Quickly Lampent began to follow the Pegasus.

Eventually the forest came to an end, and Lampent arrived at the edge of the everfree, he could see a cottage built into a tree, quietly he faded out of sight as only a ghost could and moved on to examine the strange inhabitants beyond. Stopping to hastily replace a oil lamp and replace it with himself and watch as a yellow Pegasus with a pink mane came and tended to her animals. Lampent noticed a lack of Pokeballs, extraordinarily abilities and actual type of these animals the Pegasus cared for. There were way more than six of them and he had no idea why they hung on her every word and listened to her commands still though.

He decided to eve's drop on the animals conversations translating their voice and subtle body movements into english. The first he heard was an bunny in an extremely deep voice fitting more that of a sumo wrestler or a Machoke then the bunny he was looking at, "Right, just listen to the pony guys, you know the drill."

"Yep." stated a bored looking beaver chewing on the wood he was given.

"Anybody find anything new happening around town since that whole Discord visiting event?" asked a humming bird who was resting on the beavers head.

Angel looked directly at Lampent, "Well besides the funny looking lamp staring at us?"

Uh oh, busted. Angel threw his carrot at the Lampent and the pony made a startled sound and looked where it hit, Lampent fell and began to panic, a battle was the last thing he wanted. The timid pony reached out and made a very quiet, "Hey, wait!" which Lampent ignored as he barreled off down the path in panic a small shriek emitting from him involuntarily.

He didn't stop until he was in an alley way between a house that he could hear heavy Techno music coming out of and a Victorian style house. He calmed down taking several deep breathes and looking around. He needed knowledge of this world, preferably in the form of a book. He noticed a pony with a horn instead of wings walking out of a... Tree? with a small pile of tomes hovering around her. Well apparently the horned species also knew telekinesis, what else would they know? Since he saw her come out with so many books being carried alone by the strange purple pony with gothic hair. He wondered if there were more inside the Tree…House…Building...Thing… Well, one way to find out.