• Published 14th Feb 2013
  • 7,549 Views, 301 Comments

A Lampent's Lament in Equestria - Iridescence T Wind



I was never the most well liked pokemon around town, being unable to talk more then your species name dosen't help explain that your here to collect souls to send them to a better place either. Did not know it would result in my death again thou

  • ...
18
 301
 7,549

Chapter 1: Rebirth again?

“Such a shame, I was having such a pleasant evening before they showed up.”

— Nando

---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---

To think that death would come so soon to me again. I stared at deaths door again, it was the same method I had lost my last life and became a ghost pokemon too. Only the reasons were different, To begin with, instead of being a Geodude in some dark damp cave in life, I had become a Litwick in death, slowly consuming the souls of the plants around me rather than those of people and other fellow pokemon, most wild pokemon knew I didn't have a choice. Though the water types found it fun to try and extinguish my flame. Trainers however took great prejudice at my kind and slaughtered my brethren with water types. My First death had been at the end of a Squirtals water-gun. Now my second was going to be at the end of a Blastoise's hydro pump.

I was a mere Lampent. Under Orders from my lord Arceus and Giratina to collect the souls of the dying and send them on to the better place. Every soul I collected and sent in return grew my flame brighter. Which grew the infamous misconception by humans that my kind devoured souls; a misconception which was causing the danger he was currently in with these trainers. The last few hours of my life had flashed by my eyes as the trainer shouted out a command and I watched the Blastoise who had trapped me under large meaty claw blast extremely concentrated water into me.

I had peacefully been around the Cerulean City Pokemon Center for weeks, when a pokemon I had been alerted was going to die I had simply took their soul saving them from a life of being a ghost pokemon and whisked them up to my Lord Arceus's judgment. I had been oblivious to the glares weaker trainers would give me as I hovered around the roof of the center out of range of a majority of the weaker pokemon except for the occasional Pidgy or Sparrow who couldn't touch me anyway for being a normal type.

It was one of these trainers who stood around me with dark looks upon their faces various pokemon lined around me who owned this Blastoise, I recognized all five of these trainers as trainers whom I had sent a pokemon to judgment from. A fiery red haired female who I had sent her Houndoom out to the grave. A Pompous rich kid who had lost his Bulbasaur after he had pretty much death warranted it against a trio of fire types, An Bird trainer who had lost not one but eight pidgys to Caterpies. There was also a bug maniac who pretty much fed his weedle to a flock of grudge bearing sparrows as he ran away to avoid being pecked to death. Then there was the man who owned the Blastoise.

Gary Oak, Lampent recalled from the various Pokemon center TV's. A ex-champion of the 'Pokemon League' of whom a year ago he had took the soul of a very angry sparrow from him. He silently cursed the trainers as he died, Lampents flame extinguished and his soul floating silently out of his old ghostly husk. Who would collect a dead ghost?
Lampent asked himself before his question was awnsered. He dispersed, summoned elsewhere by his Lord Arceus and Master Giratina for presumably his judgment and fate.

---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---

Giratina was sitting on his giant pillow he called a chair next to Arceus, He had long since given his hunt of Palkia and Dialga up since Ashe had visited him, and now he was helping his newly freed lord Arceus out with the modern world. Arceus Sighed, "Another Pokemon dead, another two born, Fifteen more evolved, and three thousand two hundred and nineteen concussed and fainted in this last minute alone."

"Who died this time?", asked Giratina, "Another Pidgy? I swear, those things die left and right nowadays almost as bad as Pidoves a few years ago."

"Nope, This time it is one of our faithful collectors, the Lampent that was previously a Geodude. Same one you sent to the Human Nest known as Cerulean City.

"Ah the one who died of drowning from a Squirtal water-gun? How did he die this time?"

"...Hydro pump by a Blastoise. Ouch."

"Well he's going to have a phobia of turtles probably if he didn't have one before."

"Yes he probably will," Arceus stared at Giratina, "Really? Just Really?"

"What?" Giratina had reshaped himself into a turtle like shape.

"We don't need him freaking out when he reforms in the court of judgment again."

"Aww... Fine," Giratina reverted his shape stretching his limbs out in his iconic stance before laying back down on his fluffy pillow.

It was several more seconds before a bright purple flame appeared in the center of a room followed by a slow construction of a lamp around it that slowly animated into the ghostly Shell of Lampent's body.

The Lampent looked gloomily depressed understandably; "Lamp..." the Lampent stated signifying his depression at just trying to do his job and getting killed for it.

Arceus looked down at the lampent, trying to decide what to do, "You won't be buried honorably and put to rest, as the ignorant trainers see you as being dead to begin with so you will not find true peace as of yet. Just like your previous self a Geodude that had died of the same pokemon in different evolution. While this means that the arrogant trainer and Blastoise involved is going to hell twice I still have to decide what to do with a pokemon who has never slacked off on the job acquiring the naturally deceased and those who fell from combat without causing loss of life himself. Do you disagree with the above statements?"

"Lampen...” stated the Lampent, knowing that defending the Blastoise and his trainer was futile from the discussion once before.

Arceus thought hard, This Lampent was still a young soul who had yet to grow to a reasonable age, so far there had been his short life of being born then murdered. Then his three years of service since then growing from a Litwick to a Lampent before being killed again. Arceus sighed, causing the Lampent to shiver as his open soul and heart even as dead was pushed from the breath. There had to be something he could do for this soul, who couldn't live in this world a third time due to certain rules he himself had put in place. Giratina's dimension was no good as there was already plenty of lampents, and Cerulean City was the only place that needed a lampent anyway. Lavender town was reserved for Cubones and Ghastlys so he had one last trick. Arceus reached out with his mind towards other sections of the multiverse and looked for a new position.

He found one, it was strange with its dominate race being techno-colored ponies, but it would work. All of his searching had happen in a fraction of a second. Returning to normal time Arceus stated slowly, "You have been judged robbed of life a second time way too early in your overall life. While I cannot send you to the world of the living, you also have not been judged to the underworld, Heaven, or Limbo. I offer thee my dear Lampent, a third and final chance on a completely different planet far away from the Humans and their enslaving balls they use to combat each other for sport. This realm has been more peaceful than most and it is devoid of a collector of the souls of the dying and an exorcist of the ghosts of the deceased that you shall become with time."

The Lampent nodded silently, agreeing to this as was his duty to his ever kind lord Arceus. Arceus took the nod as a sign to continue, "You will also be an emissary for the pokemon races and as such I will grant you some new gifts before I send you there. My first gift will be to teach you all the moves your kind can know and allow them to stay without being forgotten." Arceus paused seeing the Lampent cheer up considerably, "The second gift will be that of mental communication. Similar to how I am speaking to you right now. The range however will be limited to that of normal talking distance as if you had a mouth that was fully operational. The voice itself is subject to your whim." With that the Lampent was positively glowing at the concept of being able to communicate its own intentions.

Giratina commented in as well, "My gift will be a gift of survival; you will no longer drain your overall life lower than half way to death without collecting souls for a while. While your power will remain the same as if it were drained, you will now be able to eat food purely if you so wished to survive. Though this doesn’t excuse you from your duty, mind you."

Arceus detected another death and knew he must draw this to a close, "Now go, and do your job collector of Equestria's souls."

With that Arceus and Giratina opened a rift in space and time, threw the Lampent into it, and shut it behind him as a confused looking Pidgy formed into the room. Giratina chuckled, "Look another Pidgy!" Arceus glared at his son, "Who keeps killing these birds, seriously."

---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---

The Unnamed Lampent was aware of an intense pain as he was thrown across the universe in seconds. It was a burning pain he thought he would never feel again, The pain intensified as his molecules were thrown into the void between universes and reemerged inside another. He screamed as he hurtled past solar systems and galaxies at a speed faster than time. Eventually he passed out as he entered the gravitational pull of the world of which Equestria resided and came out of another rip in space and time that closed behind him leaving the unconscious Lampent in a tree with his purple flame flickering with a dim light of similar color. He was in Equestria, in the woods also known as the Everfree forest. He was also alive once more.

Author's Note:

And thats how a Lampent entered equestria! Can't wait to see you next chapter.