• Published 14th Feb 2013
  • 7,547 Views, 301 Comments

A Lampent's Lament in Equestria - Iridescence T Wind



I was never the most well liked pokemon around town, being unable to talk more then your species name dosen't help explain that your here to collect souls to send them to a better place either. Did not know it would result in my death again thou

  • ...
18
 301
 7,547

A Hearths Warming Visit (Part 2)

“I'm falling apart, one part after another. Falling down on the world like snow. Half of me is already on the ground, watching from below.”
― Ashly Lorenzana

---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---

Soul had stayed up through the night taking care of the young filly, Twilight had came over at souls urgent request if only to find out what was going on. She had left and returned with all her medical books and Zecora. Hours later both had resigned in defeat This filly was too close to death to escape with their medical care. They had estimated the Filly had a week at most. That was with optimism. Twilight doubted the filly would even wake up at all, so it was up to Soul to take care of her the only ways he knew how from watching Nurse Joy in the Pokémon centers of his old world.

It was midnight on the dot that the first signs of life besides the shallow breathing had started. Soul, ever vigilant of the small filly and long since sent off Twilight with a small wagons load of gifts for her and her friends(Seeing as he was going to miss tomorrow to take care of the foal) and Zecora had spent the night in a castle guest room nearby. While he didn't know Pony biology he did know the norms for treating frostbite (having been frozen solid on more than one occasion by ice types) Some color had returned to her face and mane. Turning her from the frozen ice blue to an darker healthier color. Her hair had gone from a similar state to a much more colorful one. Almost like a peacock. Soul rushed to the kitchen and back, expecting the mare to be hungry and in need to warm her insides. Balancing on a tray a large cup of hot chocolate and a bowl of Vegetable soup. By the time he was back she was just waking up.

"Ugh..." The filly began, her voice sounding weary and weak but very alive.

"Hello..." Soul said when she was good and awake, "I am Soul, I found you in Whitetail woods passed out and near death from frost bite... Who are you?"

The filly opened her eyes, blindly letting them stare forward, before whispering out a croaked reply, "I-I'm... Glacier Song..."

---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---

Tonight was a good night, Arceus decided. Well except for the other reason he was here anyway. Might as well do them in cheeriest to saddest order. Arceus turned his mind to the self assigned task at hoof and pranced gracefully in the traditional legendary run. It was said that the legendary run was so powerful in its influence that not even being put to sleep could stop the Pokémon participating in this type of run. The quiet, snow filled, streets of Ponyville was silent as he advanced through the town, a gift for every pony in every house forming as he willed it. With each house he passed snow seemed to fall slightly harder. Unscheduled for the Pegasus weather ponies, but it completed the appearance of a hearths warming eve. Sparing a glance towards the towns library, he finished the rest of his work with less than a glance and headed off to the still lit building where a purple Unicorn could be seen reading into the night.

There was something he had to give in person to the Unicorn who was a student of the governing body here. This so called ace student of a rather old friends daughter. A daughter of whom he had yet to meet face to face but had heard a lot of when they talked to each other. So the researcher of one of his creation gets to meet Its creator. It would only be more ironic if Faust was here as well. Speaking of Faust... Wonder how she is doing. It has been a thousand years or so since we last spoke. I should invite her over for some tea like old times... Shrugging off his thoughts he knocked on the door, and wincing at the resulting bangs that would be able to wake the dead.

No response...

"..." Arceus knocked again, sending a trio of loud bangs that he canceled out after they had passed the Unicorns range of hearing, as to prevent it from disturbing her neighbors. Again no response.

He was losing patience, if she wasn't going to pay any attention to him, he was going to get her attention. He was prepared to fire it when the student shut the book, done reading it and looked up meeting eye to eye with Arceus. Her scream was unexpected causing Arceus to flinch on accident at the sudden motion causing a discharge of energy without purpose to go flying off into the distance. "Opps." Arceus stated in what he thought was a commendable understatement.

Soon enough with a flash of light the Student had teleported to a balcony that was high enough to make the two eye level and breathlessly asked, "What the hay are you?!"

"Right to the point I see," Arceus began before adding a slightly smug tone of voice at the next part of his sentence, " Twilight Cornelia Sparkle."

Arceus smirked mentally as the Unicorn took a step back and Arceus sat down in the snow quite casually, "To answer your question I am called Arceus the almighty creator of the Pokémon world and species."

Twilight was at a loss for words. Though her academic mind picked up where she failed for her, "You're the creator of Soul? What are you doing here, let alone why!?"

"well..."Arceus began quite calmly, "I am here for three reasons."

"And those are?"

"One. You are a friend of the Lampent I sent here, and a student of a daughter whose mother was a friend of mine."

"What?" Twilight asked not sure if she heard the second part correctly. That was impossible, she decided, only Alicorns lived that long and Celestia was the oldest one she knew about followed closely behind by Luna.


Arceus sighed, "I am a friend of Celestias mother. Anyway, the second reason I am here concedes with the first. The second reason is I know you have been interrogating my employee for information regarding my subjects. Such a activity when the information comes from a foal by your standards in age is limited. So I would appreciate it if you would stop."

"But then how will I learn more about Pokémon? How did you create them anyway?" Twilight pressed back.

"That's the third reason I am here. While I won't provide you information on how to create life, another species called humans have studied them for a long time. Even a while ago figuring out a way to capture my creations. Another such object they made was a electronic dictionary of sorts that had every single Pokémon they had discovered and studied in its list. While not a hundred percent accurate, it holds a lot of data that will take you a while to get down for your teacher."

"Wait, so you're here to tell me to stop researching Pokémon but at the same time you want me to continue studying a dictionary of them?"

"More like read a book over study a single species of among hundreds." Arceus created a present infront of the mare, "Anymore questions?"

"Just one." Twilight stated blandly, "How do I know your really the creator of Pokémon and not some fake?"

Arceus sighed. He had heard this question thousands of times in the past. "Well if I wasn't real I wouldn't be able to do this."

Before Twilight could respond she was teleported to the outer reaches of space. Within the spand of a few seconds she was back where she was sitting not five seconds ago. Unsurprisingly she was speechless at what she had just saw. Arceus got up and left with only four more words, "Happy Hearths Warming eve." Leaving the mysterious gift behind. He had reached the edge of the woods that lead through the everfree before he realized something. Just what had happened to that bolt of energy he had sent out? Eh, probably nothing important.

---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---

Meanwhile in a place not so long ago...

The bolt of energy had left Arceus formed a thoughts on its own. The majestic energy was alive! I live! it thought, Something non-solid... yes... But not a gas or liquid... I am energy!

The energy thought about the wind rushing by, What am I doing... hmm.... I am... whats the word... moving? that sounds right. Moving! Brilliant! I am moving energy! But how am I detecting this? Senses? Hmm... that's a good word. Senses. Almost like Expenses. Wait that's money... whats money?

The energy bolt sailed on questioning this before realizing something important, Wait... where am I going? It wanted to know so it formed an eye on its front, seeing the ground rushing by as he arced over the town of Ponyville, No idea, what am I supposed to do? again the energy couldn't figure it out.

The sensation of the wind was finally setting itself in regularly to the energy when it thought to itself,What a wonderful... what is it called? Life? Flying free and straight with no obstacles except for that white puffy thing ahead. Wait... White fluffy thing? What is that?

The energy bolt pondered on this as he neared it before finding out the word for it, Cloud! That's it a cloud!

That was the last words it thought as it hit the cloud at Mach seven and dispersed changing the cloud with its death into something new... Right above a blue police box with the sound worthy of a grenade in power. When a Grey mare with a yellow mane and a set of yellow walled eyes stuck her head out and investigated the cloud had started to snow muffins. Not just any muffins; banana muffins, the grey pony exclaimed in delight, "Doctor it's snowing MUFFINS!"

A voice inside the blue police box stated, "Don't be silly, that's impossible," Though Ditzy doo (or Derpy whooves as others called her) was joined by a brown stallion with a wicked Mohawk and bow-tie, "Oh wow it is, would you look at that. Ha, just when I thought I have finally figured this world out. BAM! Another unexplainable thing happens to blow it all away."

"Don't be silly Doctor. it's a Hearths warming miracle." Ditzy stated proudly.

"You're just calling it that so you can get some of those muffins aren't you?" the Doctor stated bluntly.

"Yep." Ditzy replied in turn before giggling and snatching one of the falling muffins out of the air and eating it.

---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---

Soul found this situation ironic. Here he was, reaper of the dying, sender of souls off to Arceus when they were in their death bed. Now here he was, feeding a cute filly (who could be older than he was literally) some soup when she was being shy. While there was an unspoken silence in the air that formed into an awkward silence at the situation at hand. They hadn't progressed beyond a few words. Though he had noticed she was blind rather quickly, he made no attempts to touch her in case his metal limbs would freak her out. He also restricted his tone of voice to that of a gentle deep tone matching that of a young gentleman.

Glacier Song, or Song as she preferred, was in a contrasting state of silence. She was glad to be indoors away from the cold, away from her problem with ice and snow for the time being. Song was also grateful towards Soul, though she couldn't tell where she was or what Soul was. She was still mulling over the fact that Soul seemed hotter in temperature to emit heat. Either that or he was carrying fire or another heat source on him at all times. She didn't move much because she didn't know her surroundings. For all she knew she could be in a humble hut or a stone dungeon but the bed was comfortable at least. Figuring she all but sunk into the thing as it were into the fluffy oversized pillow that was the mattress. Another problem was that she didn't want to move from the warm confines of the blankets over her from a combination of its warmth and the fact that she had been in the snow for she didn't know how long.

It took ten minutes before the silence broke with a awkward start from Soul, "So...Um...Why were you in the snow on Hearths Warming eve alone?" Soul inquired hesitantly.

"..." Song was quiet.

"No real parents or family too?" Soul asked suddenly, suspicions being confirmed as Song winced at the words 'parents or family'.

Soul rambled on this one sided conversation"Well... I think you could stay for a while and recover. Even Twilight and Zecora, friends of mine, aren't optimistic. But I hope you can recover from this...I think you can if you rest for a while under care..."

"why..." Song asked quietly.

Soul was confused, "Why what?"

"Why do you..." Song trailed off too quiet for him to hear.

"Pardon?"

"Why... do you care..."

Soul would of raised an eyebrow if he had one. Sadly he lacked one so instead he rolled his glowing orbs for eyes, "Oh gee. I find a mare freezing to death in the middle of the woods. Why wouldn't I try to help?"

"Because...I am half Windigo...

Soul barely made out the words and was slightly surprised. He had read the books, Windigos were monsters that fed on hatred and in turned produced cold weather to freeze their victims. Though he had read the tale of Hearths Warming and how equestrian was made. He doubted it was all true. Heck his own entry was only partially true. Soul sighed audibly, only causing the filly to wince and make Soul regret that action entirely. Soul gently elaborated, "No need to fear harm here. I understand that fear very well where I came from... If it helps I pinkie promise not to cause you harm intentionally. If you need anything just ask, okay?"

"Um..." Glacier Song started, "Can I ask something that might seem weird?"

"Mhm."

"Can you please explain how you can understand... If that's alright..."

"Well..." Soul started unsure of how to go on, "I guess I could start by showing you the difference."

Soul reached out to touch Songs hoof hesitantly, "if that's okay with you Ms. Song."

"yes..."

Soul leaned in and touched her hoof with a gentle pressure, the metal conforming slightly to adjust to the curved surface the fur and flesh had. Soul gauged her response to his metal arm he had for a limb, "I am not exactly a pony either. I am a strange creature from another land, and owner of the Homestead in which you are currently residing. Over half my residents are exotic or strange by this land's definition and came here of their own will. I myself am a floating Oil Lamp of a being with two metal limbs for arms. I know there is a Timber wolf and a young manticore, as well as a Sea serpent here and some pony folk are here as well who were looking for a place to start anew."

---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---

While inside the castle the two younglings had started a conversation, going easier on the longer it progressed. They were unaware of the eminent creator of Pokémon nearing the end of the path to the castle. While the two were becoming fast friends, Arceus had progressed throughout the strange woods without a care for the snow, it was getting old fast. Though it seemed to be progressing from a blizzard to a gentle snowfall as he reached the clearing that had held the small collection of buildings called the Homestead. He considered it a waste of dramatic flair. For when he exited it looked rather badass to the creator to leave such a whirlwind of snow with a dramatic flair. It would of probably caused some Pidgeys and Sparrows to faint if they had saw such a thing and if he had been glaring at them when he did it. Oh well. He was approaching the castle. A storm was brewing overhead it seemed, judging from the clouds, and Arceus was holding his Ice plate.

Author's Note:

my friend wanted me to call the filly Shoal for some reason. Ended up with how it went. Also Arceus would technically fall within the Faust range of age due to Pokémon history going back up to thousands of years ago in contrast to celestia and luna who have lived up to what? 1030 years ago with discord, Nightmare moon, and Sombre being defeated 1000 years or so? Also with the current status on season one of MLP in this fiction Twilight doesn't know about Sombra or Discord yet. So huzzah.

Edit: Wow gave this a once over recently for some fun and cringed. Fixing what errors I spotted.