• Published 26th Jan 2012
  • 5,247 Views, 233 Comments

A Deal With The Devil - Legacy55



Tired of being alone, Twilight makes a risky deal with Discord to get the stallion of her dreams.

  • ...
22
 233
 5,247

Chaos Reigns!

Twilight appeared in one of the many long hallways of the castle. Before she could even determine where exactly she was, her body began moving. She made several turns before stopping in front of a large metal door, two guards stood at attention beside it.

“Is that Twilight Sparkle? What are you doing here? I haven’t seen you since you were just a little filly! ” One of the guards asked at the sight of her, she quickly recognized him as an old friend. Back when she lived in the castle she became friends with many of the guards. They would usually treat her with a great amount of respect seeing how she was the Princess’s personal student.

“Oh hi! I was just uh…” She couldn’t stop her horn from glowing, causing both of the guards to be thrown like ragdolls against the stone walls. “Sorry!” She mumbled, her horn glowing once more. Within a few seconds there was a large hole in the metal door, and she stepped through into the large room.

All around her were beautiful stained glass windows, and at the end of the room sat another massive stone door. She knew that right behind that door sat the Elements of Harmony, the only thing that would be able to stop Discord.

Twilight tried her absolutely hardest to resist, but the collar had completely control of her body. Despite her attempts to seize her muscles, she stepped forward to the stone door. The unicorn placed her horn into the slot just as Celestia had done, and after a few seconds the door shown a brilliant blue. A blinding flash appeared, and she looked inside to find a lone case. The case levitated over to her, and just as quickly as she had appeared, she was gone.

------------------

“Brilliant work Twilight, truly brilliant!” Discord cackled as he gazed at the elements in his hand.

“You’re not getting away with this! Princess Celestia is going to stop you!” Twilight yelled at the Draconequus that was lying comfortably on her bed.

“Ha! You actually think Celestia has any power to stop me? She’s nothing but a weakling that uses other ponies to do her work! Without the elements, she’s utterly useless!”

“But why me? Of all the ponies you could torment, why me?”

“Because Twilight my dear,” He slithered over to her, “Only a unicorn of exceptional power could break the seal old Celly put on the door. I know of only three ponies that could do this, Celestia, Luna, and you…”

“Me? But there’s got to be other ponies out there that are stronger than me!” She said with genuine surprise.

“You’re the element of magic Twilight… the Princess’s are the only ponies that surpass you in magical ability… and the reason I chose you instead of them? I knew you would be far easier to manipulate then Celestia or Luna. After escaping from my prison I watched you for several days. I saw how lonely you were, and in no time at all I developed a plan. You see, I won from the moment you signed the contract… you can’t beat me Twilight…” Discord grinned, turning his back to her he returned to looking at the elements.

With a few tears in her eyes she looked down at her hooves. It was now her fault that Equestria was doomed. Discord would send it into a state of utter chaos and all ponies would suffer under his rule. All because she was so alone…

“Ah! Now that I have the elements, let’s initiate the final phase of my plan!” He grinned, rubbing his hands together as he spoke. “Come Twilight, let’s go show Celestia who’s the true monarch of Equestria!”

---------------------

“I’m telling you Princess, the Elements of Harmony are gone! Both of the guards were found unconscious and the room is empty!”

“What?! But only Luna or I could have broken the seal on that room…” Celestia pondered. A guard had just caught her on the way to another meeting and told her of this grave news. “Well, let’s hurry and see then. We have to find out who stole them, and soon. I fear that a certain someone is behind all this…”

Before the two of them began running off to the Elements tower, a bright flash appeared and smoke filled the entire room.

“Who’s there?” Celestia questioned, trying to peer through the thick smoke.

“Don’t fear you’re highness! I’ll deal with this intruder!” The guard took flight and flew around the room, however due to the smoke he smashed right into a wall and fell to the ground in a heap.

Celestia sighed before flapping her own wings, causing the smoke to disappear immediately. What she saw made her jaw drop.

“Celly!!! I’m home!!!” Discord cackled, grinning wilding as he examined the shock in the Princess’s face. “What Celestia? Surprised to see me?”

“D-d-d-discord?! B-but you’re…” Suddenly her confusion turned to anger, and she snarled her teeth at him. “I thought it might have been you, I’m just shocked you’re actually free…”

“Oh so was I, but thanks to little Twilight here I am…” He grinned, waving a claw. Twilight, who had been hiding behind a pillar quite away down the hallway, suddenly appeared in front of them.

“Twilight? You’re helping Discord?!”

“I-I…” Twilight replied weakly, unable to look her teacher in the eye.

“Oh come on Twilight, no need to be humble! Tell the Princess how you stole the Elements of Harmony for me!”

“Twilight! Tell me this isn’t true!”

“I-I’m sorry Princes…” The unicorn said, her lip quivering. “I-I was alone and stupid… I should have never listened to him… He tricked me…” She was almost at the point of tears.

“Enough!” Discord cut her off with a claw. “Now Celestia, I am the one who’s in control now. Nopony can stop me now, Equestria is mine!”

“Not if I have anything to say about it!” Celestia roared, charging straight at Discord.

“Quite typical of you Celestia, charging head first into a battle you can’t win!” He snapped his fingers and teleported across the room. “Let’s see how you like a thousand years in stone dear Princess!” Once again he snapped his fingers, and instantly Twilight saw a change that made her gasp.

Princess Celestia was standing motionless, completely encased in stone. She had a scowl across her face and was standing in a fighting stance, her horn pointed in front of her and her wings spread out. She was petrified, and quickly the last hope Twilight had died.

“YES!” Discord cheered, pumping his fist into the air. “I win! How does it feel Celestia huh? I think I’ll prop you up in the garden, you’ll make a fantastic decoration along with your sister!”

“P-princess…” The unicorn looked at the statue with sadness. Discord really had won, there was no stopping him now…

“Why so glum Twilight? Cheer up a little! You know, you’re going to be there right beside me on my throne! We’ll watch together as all of Equestria crumbles, and chaos reigns forever more!” He cackled like a mad pony, deviously rubbing his hands together as he did.

She didn’t respond, rather she avoided his gaze and stared blankly at the wall. Discord chuckled, “Fine, but you’ll learn to enjoy chaos sooner or later. Now let's go find Luna!"
---------------------

“See? Don’t they look much better as a matching set? Ha!” Discord chuckled as he gazed upon the two stone princesses. Luna stood in a shocked position, her wings spread out and a horrified look painted on her face.

Twilight didn’t respond, instead she just looked blankly at the statues. Luna had perhaps been their last hope, no longer however. They were useless in stone, and the only things that could break them free were in Discord’s possession.

“Well you’re no fun…” He mumbled upon hearing nothing from her. “You know, I almost decided to have you sign away your soul rather then just a year. But then I thought how clichéd that was, and realized it would be much better to set you free so you can live whatever’s left of your broken, lonely life after all this..” He turned his attention to her and grinned.

“You-you’re a monster… ” She mumbled, quickly looking down from his gaze. She couldn't stand staring into those mismatched, evil eyes.

“Oh you flatter me Twilight! Really, I try my best… But wait until the chaos begins! Oh, it’ll be magnificent! What I did before will pale in comparison!” He shouted the excitement clearly audibly in his voice. He looked towards the descending sun, chaotic ideas flickering across his mind. All of Equestria was his now, nopony had any chance of stopping him. He could do anything he wanted, and a devious smile crossed his face as he chose what was first on his list.

“Come Twilight, let’s go pay a visit to Ponyville…”

---------------------

“Discord! When I break free of this chain, I swear to Celestia!” Rainbow Dash roared, trying once again to charge at the Draconequus. However a chain tugged tightly at her neck, and she fell to the ground chocking. The chain was fashioned to a nearby post, making her look like a tied up dog.

“Bwahaha! What’s wrong Rainbow Dash? Upset that you’re wings are gone?” Discord teased, sitting a safe distance from her. He lounged back in his throne, eyeing the wingless Pegasus with enjoyment. She continued struggle, yelling insults and curses as she failed again and again.

“Ah…” Discord sighed, wiping a tear from his eye. “How does she look Twilight? I think I’ll leave her there for a few years; she can be like a pet! I’ll throw her a few scraps every now and then!”

Twilight swallowed hard and glanced over at her friend. It hurt her to see her friend suffer, even despite her earlier jealousy towards her. Dash had been a good friend for so many years, and watching her being treated like a dog was tearing her up.

“Twilight! What the hay is this?! Why are you helping Discord?!?!”

“Rainbow… I-I’m sorry… He tricked me…” She replied, keeping her head held low.

“Ah you see Rainbow Dash, Twilight’s mine now, hence the collar.” He smiled, taping the cool metal along her neck with his talon. “She so kindly retrieved the Elements for me, so none of this would be possible without her!”

The unicorn looked away from them and towards what remained of Ponyville. In just a mere hour Discord had caused utter chaos within the town. Massive gorges, with long drops into gigantic puddles of chocolate milk, cut through streets and houses alike. The mountains that sat in the distant where somehow upside down, and giant glasses of chocolate milk were raining clouds. It hurt her head just thinking about some of his changes, his manipulation over reality never ceased to surprise her.

Rainbow growled fiercely, “Just wait until the others get here, we’ll kick your sorry hide like last time!”

“Ha! As if your friends have any chance to beat me. I already have a punishment for each of you, and I’m going to enjoy every minute of your suffering!”

His evil laughter sent shivers down Twilight’s spine. He had no need for her anymore, as all he really needed her to do was steal the elements. No, having her around was just part of his sick, twisted humor. He would make her watch as all of her friends, and it would make him enjoy the moment even more. He was a monster, truly…

For a moment her mind dwelled on Orion, and if he was still actually alive. Discord had created him, so she wondered that with the ending of the contract if he had stayed. She couldn’t deny that she still had feelings for him as the few days they spent together were some of the best in her life. It made her think that maybe they were just a lead up for this nightmare.

There’s no stopping Discord now… I’ll just have to sit and watch as he tortures everypony, and my friends… I should never have signed that stupid contract, if I had just thought things through more this never would have happened…

Twilight looked down at the blue earth beneath her as a few tears rolled down her cheeks.