• Published 26th Jan 2012
  • 5,248 Views, 233 Comments

A Deal With The Devil - Legacy55



Tired of being alone, Twilight makes a risky deal with Discord to get the stallion of her dreams.

  • ...
22
 233
 5,248

Game Over

I think we might actually be able to do this! Orion thought to himself after taking a glance at the darkening sky. We probably only have around an hour left, but at the rate we’re going we should be able to make it… The dark blue stallion shot down the street, the two mares were having a hard time keeping up with him, especially since Rarity was stopping every few steps to fix her wig.

“Gah! I was sure that crevice was going to stop him…” Discord cursed in annoyance as he watched the three ponies from above. He hovered gracefully through the air, keeping a close eye on the group.

“I told you Discord, he’s going to win!” Twilight snapped at him, Discord turned to the large bubble she was floating in.

“Ha! Do you really think that was my only trick? Orion is going to lose, I assure you that… Now, let’s see how he deals with my next trick…”

Orion galloped full speed down the deserted street, paying no attention to the buildings that flew past him. The wind wiped around his body, turning his hair into a mess. He didn’t care, as he was set only on one thing, getting to Twilight’s house. He was so immersed in his running that he didn’t even realize that the ground had turned to ice until it was too late.

Immediately he slipped, falling face first onto the cold ground. His body slid far across the ice until he crashed into a large snow drift on the edge of the road. “Damit Discord!” Orion yelled in frustration as he dug himself out of the snow and back onto the icy road. He tried his best to walk on the frozen surface, but his movements were clumsy and he only succeeded in falling again.

“Need a hoof?” Pinkie Pie asked, offering an outstretched hoof to the fallen stallion. She had somehow gotten a pair of ice skates, and was gliding across the ice with ease.

“Thanks…” Orion mumbled before she heaved him back up. It took a few moments of flailing hooves to keep himself up, but eventually he was sturdy enough to stand. “If Discord thinks this is going to stop me, he’s got another thing coming!”

“Well… Not to dampen your spirits or anything, but it does look like it’s stopping you…” Rarity remarked, watching as Orion fell once again.

“You’re not the greatest skater, are you?”

“Shut up Pinkie…” Orion hissed back as he scrambled to get back up. “I never skated much as a colt. Well actually, I guess I never skated at all…” He mumbled, realizing that yet another of his supposed ‘memories’ never happened.

Pinkie Pie grabbed his hoof yet again and hauled him up. She slowly started to guide him down the street, towards the library. Despite Rarity not having ice skates she was able to follow them with relative ease, the same amount of grace and beauty emanating from her as usual. Before long they reached the end of the road, and Orion stepped off the ice and onto the doorstop.

“I sure hope the door is unlocked…” Cautiously he pushed on the door, a sigh of relief passing his lips as he watched it swing open. “Now we just have to find the Element…”

Orion let out a sudden gasp as he stepped inside. Standing in the middle of the room was a small baby dragon. “S-S-Spike? B-but I thought you left?!”

“Oh, so you could have Twilight all to yourself? I don’t think so!” Spike pounced at Orion and landed on his head, immediately he began scratching at him with his sharp claws.

“Argh! Ow! Ow! Get off of me!” Orion yelled in pain as he stumbled back onto the street, blinded by Spike he was unable to see the ice behind them. He slipped as soon as he touched it, causing the two of them to fall to the ground. The baby dragon continued to attack him viciously.

“Spike? What are you doing? Stop attacking Orion!” Pinkie Pie snapped at him as she skated over.

“Yes Spike, he’s on our side!” Rarity said, slightly distressed that the baby dragon was mauling him.

“Never! He tried to take Twilight away from me!” Spike yelled, continuing to claw at Orion.

“Gah! That actually hurt you know!” Having had enough of the baby dragon, Orion lifted a hoof and threw Spike off of him. He immediately got back on his small legs and charged at the stallion.

------------------------------

“BWAHAHA! Isn't this turning out perfectly? Really, I never imagined it would be this much fun!” Discord cackled as he watched the two fight. A horrified look was plastered on Twilight’s face as she watched her lover fight her best friend.

Discord turned away from the two for a moment to delight in Twilight’s expression. “Don’t you see Twilight? He can’t win… Not when I’m in control! Ha!”

She wished she could say something back, about how Orion would win, but at this point she had lost hope. He was running out of time fast and it didn’t seem like this fight would end soon.

“Who knew that Spike would be such a good fighter? Look at him go! Ha!” Discord burst into laughter as he watched the baby dragon fight Orion, the stallion wasn’t putting up much of a fight, but it was probably because he didn’t want to hurt his small opponent.

------------------------------

“Now that’s enough Spike!” Rarity yelled, using her magic to pull him off of Orion. Small cuts were scattered all over his face and body, but only a few of them were bleeding. Spike was still a baby dragon after all.

“Let me at him! He tried to take Twilight away from me!” Spike roared in anger while he fought at Rarity’s telekinetic grip.

“Now calm down Spike, Orion is our friend!” Rarity told him. Upon hearing her sweet voice he settled down a bit and the unicorn released her grip on him

Spike took a few deep breaths then looked up at Orion, the anger in his eyes still visible. “But Rarity, he tried to get rid of me! He’s evil!”

“He’s not evil Spike!” Pinkie Pie butted in. “Discord’s the evil one here! Now we have to hurry up and find the Elements, before it’s too late!”

“D-D-Discord?” Spike stuttered. “He’s back?!”

“Yes,” Orion stated simply, “and I imagine he’s the one who brought you here.” The stallion got back to his hooves; he had started getting used to the ice and was now able to actually stand.

“What? I walked back here so I could beat you up! Discord had nothing to do with it!”

Orion chuckled slightly, “That’s what you think, Discord probably just put those memories in your head. Believe me; I know what it’s like… Now let’s hurry up and find this Element!”

----------------------------------

Books, books and more books were all Orion was able to find as he searched Twilight’s bedroom. The bookshelf against the wall was filled with a variety of tomes, some as thick as a pony’s skull, while others were much shorter tales.

“Come on, it has to be around her somewhere!” He mumbled in frustration as he searched the rest of the room. There was nothing around Twilight’s bed except a single chest which, unsurprisingly, held books.

Orion searched every bit of the room as he upturned Spike’s bed and Twilight’s mattress. Yet he was unable to find it, and eventually walked down the stairs defeated. He found the other three waiting there, each with just the same disappointed look.

“You couldn’t find it?” Orion asked, they all shook their head in response. Orion let out a sigh and looked at the ground. Where could it be? Discord must have hid this one well; I just need to think…

Let’s see, it’s an Element of Harmony… He glanced around the library, hoping to find something that could give him the answer. Harmony, Harmony… Peace is a synonym of harmony, maybe that’s it! Orion rushed over to the bookshelf and began searching for the P section. He found three books with the word Peace in the title, but they all proved to only hold paper and words, no element.

“Come on, it’s got to be here…” Orion mumbled under his breath as he returned to his deep thought. Element, Element…Spike, Rarity and Pinkie Pie all watched as Orion sat thinking. They wish they could help, but they thought it best to leave the unicorn to his thinking. If anypony there had a chance of finding it, it was Orion.

“That’s it!” Orion suddenly jumped into the air after a few minutes, his mouth turning into a grin. “It’s has to be there!” He ran over to the bookshelf and quickly grabbed a book called The Equestrian Table of Elements. Normally the thick book would be filled with descriptions on all of the various scientific chemicals and elements found in Equestria , but instead he found a golden headdress, embroiled with a sparkling magenta. “Yes! We did it!” He cheered, and the other three quickly joined in.

After their short victory cheer they hurried out of the library and onto the street. All that was left now was the Element from Rainbow Dash’s house, which hopefully should have been retrieved by Applejack and Fluttershy. However when Orion glanced up at the sky a pang struck through his heart. The sun was just minutes from setting.

“Quick, we have to hurry and find Fluttershy and Applejack! They should be at the town square, just as long as they got the Element all right. This sure is going to be close…”

--------------------------------------

“What did I tell you Twilight? Your precious Romeo lost, and now his soul is mine!” Discord cackled, watching with excitement as the sun began to set. The last rays began to disappear, and it was only mere moments away from setting completely.

“No…” Twilight mumbled under her breath as she watched the sunlight extinguish under the horizon. “Orion…” She said, almost on the verge of tears. He lost… Despite all his determination he just couldn’t beat Discord at his own game, oh I knew he should have never signed that contract… I should never have signed that contract…

“He was an idiot for trying to beat me; I am a god after all! How could a mere mortal possibly defeat me? I was just too smart and cunning…” Discord grinned, his eyes widening as the sun slowly set. It was so close now, only seconds were left before the game was over. Down, down, and down it went. The sunlight extinguishing like a lone torch in the middle of the ocean. It was so very close now, only seconds away before Discord won. He could practically taste it on his lips...

“DISCORD!!!” A yell broke him out of his trance, and he looked up with utter surprise. Running full speed towards him was a dark blue stallion, his saddlebags full with golden objects. The Draconequus’s jaw dropped, and his grin turned into a twisted, furious scowl.

“What?!” He snarled with rage, hardly believing what he was seeing.

“Orion?!” Twilight perked her head up immediately and her eyes lit up at the sight of the stallion. He did it! I can hardly believe it! He beat Discord!

Just as the sun set, Orion skidded to a halt and threw the saddlebag from his back. It slammed against the ground, the Elements scattering across the multicoloured earth. Discord’s frightened eyes counted them; three, four, five… six!

“Ha!” Orion laughed in between deep, heaving breaths. “I beat you Discord, I beat you!”

Discord stared blankly at the Elements for a few moments, hardly believing that he had just lost. He, the god of Chaos and Disharmony had been beaten by his own creation, a simple unicorn. For only the third time in his incredibly long existence, he tasted the bitter taste of defeat.

After a couple minutes the rest of the other Element bearers arrived, along with Spike. Upon seeing his old friend, he immediately jumped off of Pinkie’s back and rushed over to her. The two embraced in a hug, and they simply didn’t want to let go.

“Oh Spike, I missed you so much…” Twilight mumbled, hot tears streaming from her eyes.

“I-I missed you too Twilight…” Spike replied, doing his best to keep from crying. Rarity was there after all.

“Uh, Ah hate to end your little reunion, but could you save it till after we beat Discord?” Applejack asked, pointing a hoof towards the still seated tyrant.

They two quickly broke apart, suddenly remembering that the Draconequus had lost, and it was now time to pay up. They noticed the injured Rainbow Dash slumped against the ground, and Pinkie Pie quickly hurried over to get her free. After a moment all the bearers stood ready to end the Draconequus reign.

Orion grinned from ear to ear, and then strutted in front of Discord’s throne. “Well well Discord, It seems like you finally lost! You thought that all those tricks and traps would stop me, but nothing can stop my love for Twilight!”

“Well how courageous! It looks like the power of love and friendship won in the end!” Discord mocked while rolling his eyes.

“You should stop with the insults Discord, it’s over!” Twilight snapped, quickly running to Orion’s side. He looked over at her and nodded, then turned back to Discord.

“Oh I suppose it is Twilight… I’m defeated, and now my chaos is at its end…” He said in an obviously fake voice, before leaning back in his seat with a satisfied grin. Why is he smiling? He lost! Unless he’s got another trick up his sleeve… We’ll have to be careful… Twilight thought silently to herself.

“So, aren’t you going to pay up Discord? I won fair and square!”

The Draconequus let out a deep throated laugh. “That you did Orion… Here are your Elements.” He snapped his talons and the Elements lifted up and placed themselves onto of each bearers head. “And there’s Twilight, just as I promised…” He pointed at Twilight and laughed again.

Orion looked from Discord to the unicorn a few times, waiting for the collar to break. But after a few moments he realized something was up, and he snarled at Discord. “You said you’d let Twilight go! Why’s the collar still on her?”

“I said I’d give her to you, I never said I’d let her go…” He hissed with a devilish grin.

Orion stumbled back a few steps, the words hitting him like a ton of bricks. “No…” He mumbled. “No… I won, you can’t do this Discord! You can’t!”

“Oh I can Orion…” He slithered out of his throne and whispered into his ear. “I always win, no matter what. So you see it didn’t matter if you won or lost my game, because I still had one last ace up my sleeve...”

The two timing, cheating bastard! Orion swung a hoof at Discord in fury, but missed as he teleported away.

“So it doesn’t matter if you have all the Elements and the bearers, as long as I control Twilight you can’t beat me! Ha!” As before the collar took control over Twilight, and she walked to the side of her master. Her happy, victorious smile had faded; it was now replaced with a look of defeat and sadness. They had been so close, but Discord had snatched their victory away.

“This don’t mean we won’t fight you Discord, not after what you’ve done to us and Ponyville!” Applejack yelled, digging her hooves into the ground.

“Yeah! We’re still friends, that means we can still beat you!” Pinkie Pie yelled, dropping into a fighting stance.

Discord looked along all the bearers, who stood ready to fight him. How foolish they were. “Why don’t we all stay awhile? We can have an entirety of fun! Bwahaha!” He snapped his talons and the next second the bearers all stood still. Completely still.

In fact, they had all turned to stone, and each had the same angry look on their face. Twilight looked at them all with horror. The only ones left untouched by his magic were herself and Orion.

Orion looked over at her, his eyes pleading forgiveness. I’m so sorry Twilight… I, I tired… I really did, but I guess in the end Discord really does win… No matter what… He hung his head low, the feeling of defeat washing over him. There was nothing left to do now but give up.

“Now I think I deserve some payback for all that trouble you put me through! It was annoying watching you beat all my best traps and plans…” Discord raised Orion into the air with his magic, levitating him in front of him like a puppet. “Now, what should I do first? Whatever it is, it’s going to hurt a lot my friend… and Twilight’s going to watch every second of it…”