• Published 26th Jan 2012
  • 5,248 Views, 233 Comments

A Deal With The Devil - Legacy55



Tired of being alone, Twilight makes a risky deal with Discord to get the stallion of her dreams.

  • ...
22
 233
 5,248

Enter Discord!

Twilight awoke with a start, throwing several pillows off of her comfy bed. She was covered in a cold sweat and her breath came out in deep heaves.

“Twilight, what’s wrong?” Came a masculine voice from beside her.

She turned her head and a smile spread across her face as she looked at the stallion. Relived she collapsed back onto the bed and her breathing died down. “I had this horrible dream where I was all alone… All my friends had stallions except for me…”

The stallion beside her smiled and began stroking her mane. “Well I’m here so don’t worry, you’re not alone.”

Twilight looked into his handsome face and instantly the fear of her dream left her. She wasn’t alone, she had him. She leaned up and met his lips, and the two embraced in a passionate kiss.

-------------------------

“Twilight?”

She snapped out of her dream and wearily looked down from her bed.

Standing in the doorway was her assistant, “Are you awake?”

“I am now…” She mumbled in annoyance, leaning her head back against the soft pillow.

“Sorry, I was just going to the store because we’re low on food. I was just wondering if you wanted something...”

“No.” She said sharply, closing her eyes wishing for the sweet dream to come back.

“Oh… okay, g-goodnight then…” He said quietly, closing the door as he left.

After hearing the front door slam shut she sighed. Her dreams were both a blessing and a curse. It was the only place she was ever in love, but it was like a tease. To have love offered to her then so quickly taken away was heartbreaking. She was like a dog, being teased endlessly.

Twilight laid in bed for another few minutes, her mind now active she was finding it impossible to get to sleep. Sighing she rolled out of bed and slowly headed down the stairs. As she went the images of her dream began to invade her mind. The smile he had as she looked at him, his sweet comforting voice, and the kiss she had experienced before it was cut short.

Depression set in again, even worse than it had been earlier that day. An idea wandered into her head, and she headed over to her desk. There was a small stack of scrolls, all with perfect hoofwriting and stamped with the royal seal. After wiping a few tears that had formed in her eyes, she grabbed the first one and began reading silently to herself.

Dear, Twilight Sparkle

I am delighted to hear that you’re friend Applejack has met somepony! I will gladly be attending the wedding, I’m sure it will be wonderful!

Princess Celestia

That letter was dated two years ago, and she could still remember the wedding visibly. There had been a big uproar when everypony had found out that the Princess was attending, and suddenly the small time wedding turned into a massive celebration. She could still remember that enormous mound of sweets that Pinkie Pie had baked…

Shaking the memory out of her mind she grabbed another letter.

Dear, Twilight Sparkle

I almost can’t believe another one of your friends is getting married! How long has it been since Applejack married? Four months? Anyway, once again I will be delighted to attend! See you there!

Princess Celestia

That had been Pinkie Pie’s wedding, and somehow there had been an even bigger pile of sweets then last time.

The next letter she picked was different from the rest; the beautiful hoofwriting that had decorated the parchment like a work of art had grown messy and smudged.

Dear, Twilight Sparkle

I have bad news… There’s been a tragedy here in Canterlot, there should be an escort of royal guards to pick you up any minute. We’ll talk when you get here…

Princess Celestia

She had lost her parents that day… Both of them had contracted a disease and by the time she had arrived they were almost gone. She still remembered holding her mother’s hoof as she passed away, a light smile crossing her face as she looked upon her daughter.

Tears rolled down her face and stained the letter like they had done so many times before. The talk Celestia had given her hadn’t helped much, and that had been where her depression took a turn for the worse.

Not being able to bare the old memories she turned away from her desk. She had nothing now, no friends, no parents, no lover… Why couldn’t life return to like it had been so many years ago? Where she went adventuring with her friends, where she wasn’t lonely all the time… “Why…?” She hiccupped into the empty room.

Anger surged through her as she thought of all her friends happy. Why were they happy? Why was she all alone? Why weren’t they helping her? She wiped around to the desk and knocked the letters into the air, scattering them around the room. “I can’t handle this anymore…”

She would die alone, she knew it. She had this feeling in the pit of her stomach that just told her she would die alone, that she would never met someone. She would continue her miserable life with nopony loving her, then one day when she was old and wrinkly she would die. “I can’t take this anymore… I can’t live that kind of life…” She continued to weep as she talked to herself, and very soon the only real option began to reveal itself.

“It’s the only way…” She said through her sobs, and she hurried through the library and into the basement. Using her magic she levitated several vials off the shelves and placed them on and old, dusty table. She grabbed a book that was labeled Poisons and Antidotes and quickly flipped to the desired page.

For the next ten minutes she went about mixing and heating the various liquids, and finally she held up a green potion to the light. Seeing the bubbles rise up and disappear she knew it was ready, and taking a deep breath she placed it back on the table.

Clearing off a place to write, she dipped her quill in ink and began writing.

Dear Spike

I can’t take it anymore; I’m tired of being alone… I’ll never meet somepony; I’m just fooling myself with that false belief. This is the only way. I thank you for all the years of service you did for me, you were my only real friend…

A tear rolled from her eye and stained the page, but nonetheless she kept writing.

At least this way I’ll be with my parents… Goodbye…

Twilighlt Spaklere

Her writing became messy and illegible as she finished and her shaking hoof threw the quill to the side. She couldn’t bare to look at the letter now as she turned to the potion. Holding the potion up to her mouth she swallowed hard and said her last words. “Goodbye… Spike…”

She raised the vial to her lips, and with one last cry went to angle her head back so it would flow down her throat freely.

“Sad Twilight?”

A voice startled her and she dropped the vial, its contents sent flying in a storm of broken glass.

“Wh-wh-who said that?” She said through her broken sobs.

“Oh, just an old friend.”

Her shaky eyes tried to peer through the darkness and find the unknown intruder. The voice was slightly familiar, as if she had heard it a long time ago…

Something whipped out of the darkness and stopped in front of her. She jumped back in freight, knocking over the table sending all sorts of potions crashing the ground. Looking up at the creature in front of her she let out a gasp.

It was Discord. The creature that had nearly destroyed her friendship so long ago. “D-d-discord? But you- You’re supposed to be trapped in stone! We imprisoned you with the elements!”

“What? Not happy to see me?” He asked, holding a hand to his chest making it seem like he was offended. “That hurts you know… All I wanted to do was help…”

“But…” She couldn’t believe this was happening, she was obviously in another one of her dreams.

“Ah but I suppose you deserve an explanation, we haven’t seen each other in a long time.” He grinned, “How long has it been? One, two years?”

“Three…” Twilight said sharply.

“Three years! Time does tend to blend together when you’re in stone for so long. Anyway, I’ll start with how I was set free from that horrific prison. You see, as you might now you’re little friendship has deteriorated over the years. You’ve lost touch with the elements, and because of that my seal was weakened. It just took an elderly couple’s arguing to break me free! It’s really wonderful to be out again!” He put his hands behind his head and leaned back in relaxation.

His words sunk into Twilight’s head. She still remembered how hard they had fought the last time Discord had gotten free; with their fractured friendship she couldn’t see any possibility of imprisoning him again. “What do you want?”

“Why do you say it like that? I don’t want to hurt you; you’ve been hurting for far too long…” He smiled, dragging a talon down her face.

She was speechless and merely sat there as he continued.

“But I can change that. I have a proposition for you.” He snapped his fingers, and a stack of papers that almost reached the ceiling landed in front of her.

“What’s this?” She questioned, using her magic to levitate down the first page. The lettering was very small, and most of it was very complicated text that made her head spin.

“Oh nothing you need to really worry about… Just a legally, spiritually and metaphysical binding contract, as you can see it’s very long, and extremely boring so I’ll save you the pain. You sign it and I give you your one wish,” He was now whispering in her ear. “The stallion of your dreams.”

Twilight’s jaw nearly fell open. The stallion of your dreams… The words echoed through her head a dozen times, bringing forth images and dreams that she always wanted to be fulfilled. This was her chance to get out of this, to be happy.

But this was Discord after all… “What’s the catch?”

Discord pulled away from her and laughed. “Catch? There’s no catch! Whatever gave you that idea? Are you suggesting that little old Discord is trying to pull a fast one? Maybe I just wanted to be nice for once…” He folded his arms and turned around, “If you really don’t want It, I can just cancel the deal…” He raised his talon, ready to snap his fingers.

“No!” She shouted louder then she had wanted. “Just, what do you want from me?”

Discord sighed, “Fine if you really want to know… you my dear Twilight. For the stallion of your dreams you’ll have to serve me for one year. I’ll take what’s owed to me when I see fit, probably many, many, many years from now…”

His offer spun through her mind with supersonic speed. He was offering the solution to her miserable life and all he wanted in exchange was a year. Still, this was Discord… She knew there was something amiss…

“Well?” He pressed a quill into her hoof. “Just sign the dotted line… Or live and die alone…”

Almost in a trance she placed the quill against the parchment and signed Twilight Sparkle. Discord let out a deep throated laugh, “Thank you my dear…” He snapped his fingers and everything went dark.