• Published 26th Jan 2012
  • 5,248 Views, 233 Comments

A Deal With The Devil - Legacy55



Tired of being alone, Twilight makes a risky deal with Discord to get the stallion of her dreams.

  • ...
22
 233
 5,248

Lies

“Oh, it’s good to be king…” Discord sighed as she lounged back in his throne. “Hey Twilight, how long do you think I should keep old Celly in stone? I was thinking at least a thousand years, for payback of course, but much how long after that?”

She avoided his gaze, and merely looked down at the blue, oddly patterned ground.

“Look at me when I’m talking to you…” He grabbed her head firmly with his claw, and forced her to look into his red and gold eyes. She saw not a glimmer of remorse nor sympathy, they were the eyes of a monster. After a moment of staring into each other’s eyes he let her go, and turned back to the tied up pegasus.

“Bah, you’re getting bored Rainbow Dash…” He mumbled after a few minutes and turned to the rest of the town, looking for some sort of amusement. “I know! Let’s get Pinkie Pie over here; she’s always tons of fun!”

He snapped his fingers, and with a flash the pink pony appeared in front of them. She glanced around with a confused expression. “Discord?! Twilight?! Rainbow Dash?! What’s going on?!”

“Ah Pinkie! This the new Ponyville! Like it?”

“Well… Not really… It looks awfully dangerous, and it’s not raining chocolate milk anymore…” She mumbled after getting a good look at the transformed town.

“Well that’s too bad…” Discord snapped his fingers again and a pie appeared in his paw, which he promptly threw at the pink pony. He fell to the ground laughing as she looked at him with a frown.

“Hey! That wasn’t very funny…” She said after wiping the remnants of the pie from her face.

“You’re right, it wasn’t funny. It was hilarious! Right Twilight?” He glanced over at Twilight, “Laugh…” He hissed.

She didn’t want to, but once again the metal collar around her neck took control of her body. She let out a sharp, heartless laugh. Then another, before long she was laughing uncontrollably, and Pinkie looked at her wounded.

“B-but Twilight… I thought we were friends…”

“Ha! You’re just a joke Pinkie, something for your so called friends to laugh at!” Discord said while laughing manically at her.
Pinkie Pie took a few steps back, and instead of the usual grin that was plastered on her face, there was a sad frown.

“Don’t listen to him Pinkie! He’s just trying to tr-” Discord shut Rainbow Dash up with a snap of his talons, causing her mouth to close shut like a zipper.

“Nothing but a joke…” He hissed into her ear.

Pinkie let out a sudden cry before running away, tears streaming from behind her. As she galloped down the deserted street her coat changed from its bright pink to a dull, depressing grey.

“Ha! Another bites the dust, eh Twilight?” He turned to her smiling.

“Yeah…” She mumbled, giving up on fighting him anymore. It was only a matter of time now before he broke every one of them. Leaving them as a sad, broken shell of their former self.

-----------------------

“What the hay is going on out there?” Orion asked as he stared out the window, watching as all manner of chaotic things passed by.

“I don’t know, but where did Pinkie Pie go? She was in the kitchen just a second ago…” Orange Taffy said as he looked around Sugarcube Corner for any sign of his wife. Almost as if on cue, the door was thrown open and the now grey pony walked in. Her hair was completely straight, as opposed to its usually poufy appearance.

“Pinkie! There you are honey, where’d you go?” He asked as he rushed over to her, however before he could even lay a hoof on her she swatted him away.

“Don’t touch me!” She screamed at him, and he stepped back in fright.

“P-Pinkie, what’s wrong?”

“Oh nothing! I’ve just finally realized that all my so called friends do is laugh at me! That all I am to them is a joke…” She snarled at her old lover.

“Pinkie, you aren’t feeling well… Maybe you should take a nap, I’m sure you’ll feel better afterwards.” Orange went to lay a hoof on her, but she brushed past him.

“Discord’s won, Ponyville is his now! So I’m getting my stuff and leaving this place and my fake friends!” Pinkie headed upstairs to gather her stuff and Orange quickly followed, shouting pleas for her to stop.

“Discord…” Orion placed a hoof under his chin, “I’ve never heard of that name before, but for some reason it sounds oddly familiar… Anyway, I guess he’s the cause of all this… If so, then I need to head out there and save Twilight!” He proclaimed before rushing out the door and into the new chaos capital of Equestria.

-------------------

“Let me go this instant you monster!” Rarity screamed about as she flailed about in the air; the Draconequus’s magic keeping her floating in place.

“Oh dear Rarity, I’m the new king now! Do you really think you can address royalty like that?” Discord smirked as he watched her struggle.

“Like I’ll ever refer to you as royalty you disgusting creature! Why don’t you do something about this Twilight?” Rarity questioned, taking a glance at the unicorn just standing by the Draconequus side.

“Rarity…” Twilight mumbled, turning away from her friend and her master. “I’m so sorry… This is all my fault, there’s nothing we can do now…”

“See! Listen to your friend; she’s got the right idea! Now I’ll either accept King Disocrd or his chaoticness, whichever you prefer…”

“The Princess will stop you! You won’t get away with this!”

“Ha! Old Celly and her bratty sister are decorating the garden now!” Discord chuckled, giving a sly grin to the terrified unicorn. “Now, about that little comment you just made about me…” He snapped his talons and although nothing seemed different at first, Rarity let out a blood curdling scream that pierced the heavens when she looked up. Her normally beautiful mane was gone, and instead she was as bald as a bowling ball.

Discord released his magical grip around her, and she fell to the ground crying. He burst out laughing as she slowly got to her hooves and ran into the chaos that was now Ponyville.

“HA! Did you see the look on her face?! Oh if only I had a camera…” He continued to chuckle to himself for some time. The smirk on his face faded however, when a dark blue pony galloped up to his throne and came to a stop.

“Twilight! There you are! I’ve been looking all over for you!” Orion said with a relieved smile as he caught
sight of her.

“Orion?!” She looked up with excitement, almost not believing that he was standing right there. “You’re still here!”
“Yes…” Discord mumbled as he drummed his talons against the armrest of his throne. “I kind of forgot about you to be honest…”

Orion seemed to disregard his words, and instead looked towards the Draconequus with an angry expression. “You’re the cause of all this chaos aren’t you!”

“Heh, you’re a smart one aren’t you? Then again, I did make you like that…”

“What the hay are you talking about?!”

“Naïve and overprotective too…” He hissed, slithering up from his throne and hovering beside him. “I created you Orion, for the simple reason of persuading Twilight to sign away her soul. You’re entire short life was nothing more than a bargaining chip.”

“Wh-what?” Orion stuttered, taken aback by the strange creature’s words.

“Tell him Twilight, how you gave me your soul so you could finally be with somepony. So you could finally end the loneliness that was slowly killing you.”

Twilight had been starting at Orion since he had first arrived, still struggling with her feelings about him. But, now she was starting to feel some sort of pity for him, and perhaps she could have forgiven him for being so overprotective. Discord had made him that way, he couldn’t have helped it.

“Orion… It’s true, I was sad and alone, and Discord came to me in my depression… He created you so I could be happy, and so he could do all this…” She paced over to him and stared into his dazzling blue eyes.

“So my whole life, all my memories, and the time we spent together… They were just a lie…” He avoided her gaze, somehow finding her responsible for all this.

Discord couldn’t help but smile and cackle as he watched the two, if there was one thing he loved it was ponies fighting!

“Ye-yes… But not the time we spent together! We loved eachother, and we still do!” She grabbed his hoof in hers, and continued to look into his eyes.

Orion looked at the ground for a long time, eventually he looked up into her eyes and he broke apart their hooves. “A lie… My entire life, just something to be traded… I’m not sure If I can love you, if you would selfishly create a life just so you could be happy…” He turned away from her, and slowly walked away.

“O-orion! Wait!” Twilight cried out, running after him. However after a quick command from her master, she stopped and could only watch as her old lover walked away from her.

“Oh this couldn’t have gone any better!” Discord watched as Orion walked away, delighting in every bit of suffering that Twilight was feeling right then. “Abandoned, even by the pony whose sole purpose in life was to love you! Ha! You really are pathetic!” He dragged a talon down her face before teleporting back to his throne.

“Now what do you say we indulge in some chaos? The night is still young, and there are still so many more ponies lives to ruin!”

Twilight still stood watching as the speck that was Orion disappeared. Now she felt truly alone, broken, sad, depressed, everything she had felt before, but now much, much worse. She understood now, that when you make a deal with the devil, there’s no chance of winning…