• Published 26th Jan 2012
  • 5,247 Views, 233 Comments

A Deal With The Devil - Legacy55



Tired of being alone, Twilight makes a risky deal with Discord to get the stallion of her dreams.

  • ...
22
 233
 5,247

Hungover

Twilight stumbled down the street in a drunken haze. The ponies that passed by looked at her with disgust. She didn’t care, why should she care what some strangers thought of her? It had been another long night at the bar, and just as usual she came home empty handed…

Dash didn’t, that’s for sure…

“Sshtupid rainbow dash, what’s sho different between me and er?”She slurred to herself. “Why’ssh that she get’s everypony, and I’m stuck with nothing!” She blurted out in frustration. A stallion that was standing a few feet from her gave her a cold glare.

“What? Ish a free country…” She mumbled before moving on.

Finally, after what seemed like forever she stumbled through the door of the library. She struggled to keep balance as the world was spinning round her, and she had to grab onto a nearby bookcase to keep from collapsing.

“Twilight?” A voice came from upstairs. There was the hurried sound of feet, and within a moment Spike was at the bottom of the stairs looking at her with disgust. “Twilight, have you been drinking again?”

“What?!” She giggled, “N-no! Why, I’m sho sober right now…” She leaned up against the bookcase, suddenly drifting to sleep.

“Twilight!” Spike snapped in annoyance.

“Wuh?” She perked up and looked back at the green dragon. “Oh Spike! I was jusht getting to bed…” She hurried over to the stairs but Spike put a claw in front of her.

“You told me you would stop these late night bar trips with Rainbow…”

Just the name of her friend made her blood boil, and she growled in annoyance. “Well believe me; they ain’t accomplishing that much…”

The Dragon put his claw down and looked at her with a deep concern in his eyes. “Twilight, I really care about you. You can’t keep coming home drunk like this every week!”

“Well how else do you think I’m going to meet sompony, huh Spike?!” She began regaining some of her speech as she barked at him.

“Getting smashed isn’t going to solve that though!”

Twilight shook her head at him, he just didn’t understand, he was far too young. “We’ll talk about this later; right now I’m tired…” She mumbled before ascending the stairs, the green dragon soon following.

------------------------

THUMP

Ow, please Celestia make it stop….

THUMP

AUGH! Stop, please!

THUMP

WHY WON’T IT STOP?!?!

THUMP

After awhile of just laying in bed, trying to stop her head from pounding Spike finally came over to her.

“Twilight, you okay?”

How his loud voice hurt her sensitive ears. “Go away…” She mumbled to the best of her ability.

“I just want to help that’s all!”

Another high pitched onslaught assaulted her ears and she groaned in pain. “Please Spike, just leave me alone… My head is pounding…”

Finally the dragon understood and he left quietly, letting his boss get over her hangover. Wanting to impress her later, he hurried down to the kitchen to make something that’d she be able to keep down.

Knowing the kitchen so well, he sped about gathering all he would need. He had always prided himself in his cooking skills, and Twilight often praised him for it. As he began cooking there was a knock at the door before a Pegasus flew in.
“Spike, my main dragon! How’s it haggin?” She asked with a grin.

“Rainbow Dash! What are you doing here so early?” He turned around to see her fly over.

“Just came to see how Twilight’s doing, I had a great time last night!”

“Oh yeah? I don’t think Twilight feels the same…” He said, turning back to his cooking.

“Really? Well, she did go home alone… Again…” Rainbow Dash pondered, placing a hoof under her chin.

“She’s sleeping right now, so you’ll want to come back later.”

“Alright, catch ya on the flip side!” Rainbow smiled before flying out of the library with incredible speed.

Spike turned his attention back to cooking; making sure Twilight would have something nice to eat when she woke up…

-------------------

After what seemed like an eternity of just lying there trying to go to sleep she rolled out of her bed. Her stomach wasn’t really bothering her, instead it was the intense pounding that felt like somepony was hammering a nail into her head. “Ugh, I hate mornings…”

Last night started coming back to her. Images of her and Rainbow at the bar, waiting for some stallion to come hit on them.

-------------------

Typical bar noises blared around her, from the loud pounding of music to the compliments and flirts that were being thrown around. Rainbow Dash was standing beside her, looking through the crowd of ponies with lustful eyes. Turning away from her, she sipped lightly at the drink on the bar.

Tonight’s the night… I can just feel it!

As usual, within the first ten minutes a rather handsome looking stallion had started flirting with Rainbow, while Twilight was left to converse with the barkeep. She still had high hopes however, the night was still young and she was sure her perfect stallion was going to show up.

Another ten minutes, and still nothing. A few drinks were in her system, and she was starting to feel the buzz of the alcohol. The music around her was blending together, and she had lost track of what Rainbow and the stallion were talking about.

An hour had passed now; Rainbow had left with the stallion, mouthing a silent “good luck” to her. The alcohol was taking full effect, as she had blown quite a lot of bits. By now all hope of finding somepony had disappeared. Still, what was wrong with having a few more drinks and trying her luck?

---------------------

From there her memory faded, being far too drunk to remember the events that unfolded. But, if it was like usual then she had wandered home drunk and alone at some absurd time of night.

Alone… She had always been alone. Even in magic kindergarten, where fillies would always pick out their husband for a day. She had always sat out, wishing to work on her studies instead.

That’s how it had worked throughout all her school days. She had never kissed a stallion, and never been in any sort of relationship.

And even now, when she was an adult, she still hadn’t kissed a stallion. While all her friends found lovers she found nothing, even Fluttershy, the most shy and timid of all creatures, had found sompony. The very real possibility was now haunting her every day and night, she would die alone and sad, never being loved by anypony.

She pushed her face against the hard floor and cried. How she just wanted some pony to hug her, to comfort her. To love her. It would give her life purpose, meaning. A reason to keep going on, unlike now where she struggled every moment of every day to continue on with her lonely life.

“Twilight?” A voice yelled from downstairs, she heard footsteps and immediately perked up. Wiping the tears from her eyes with haste she got to her hooves.

The dragon pushed open the bedroom door to find Twilight looking at him, her eyes slightly red.

“Yes Spike?”

“Breakfast’s ready, if you want it that is...” He said quietly, afraid she would lash out at him again.

“I-I do! Thanks Spike!” She said with a fake smile, pushing past him and down the stairs.

He noticed that she had acted differently; it was like she was trying to hide something from. Shrugging it off as his imagination he followed her downstairs, ready to eat the delicious meal he had prepared.