• Published 23rd Apr 2013
  • 2,506 Views, 47 Comments

The Club's Connected to the Boutique - firebirdabirdoffire



After an interview Octavia was curious about of her best friend, she was acting odd around them, and then she realized that she doesn't know much about her herself. So after the night of her DJ-ing Octavia follows her back home...

  • ...
5
 47
 2,506

Bonus Chapter 3 - Arguing with Myself? More likely than you think.

Tom Prince
What about a story that depicts the changes on Rarity and Vinyl, and shows that while they may have been of the same mind their personalities clash to the point they have a massive fight. Sweetie Belle and Octavia have to figure out how to get the two back together before they push it one step farther and have Twilight remove the spell.
Tom Prince

You deserve a promotion. This the best suggestion I got out of all of them, all two, this one came waaaay later BTW, maybe a month or longer. Let's see how many curve balls I can give this one. I hope you like it, Mr. Prince, and those other guys, whoever they are. I'm joking.


Carousal Boutique

With Magnum and Pearl still traveling, Sweetie was switching up houses like a juggler with one ball. Today Octavia, Vinyl and Sweetie Belle were visiting

"'...and that's why the song 'Stop and smell the roses, André' from the musical 'Of Dancers of Guns' will be a classic for generations to come. ~Baskerville Husky.' So of course they that about my least favorite piece ." Octavia said as she lowered the news paper.

"Why?" Sweetie Belle asked. "Because you didn't write it?"

"I did write it, and its my least impressive work to date." Octavia said frustrated. "Of course my others don't get as much attention as this one, in fact 'Stop and smell the roses, André' got just as much attention within a week, as my proudest work did in a year!!"

"Maybe you should compose more for musicals?" Rarity said.

"Never thought of that." Octavia said calmly.

"Do ya ever stop to think for a solution 'Tavi?" Vinyl asked.

"I don't feel like answering that one." Octavia wanted to change to subject. "That dress looks beautiful, Rarity."

"Why thank you, darling. Its for your aunt, Fleur-De-Lis. Which explains its size."

"Looks unfinished." Vinyl remarked.

"It is unfinished."

"Can I help?" Vinyl asked nicely, jokingly batting her eyes.

"You need visible eyes to bat them, Vinyl."

"...Oops."

"Anyways you're always welcome to help."`

"Why do you two always hesitate when I ask to help?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"..."

"..."

"See?"

"Say Sweetie Belle, didn't I promise you a smoothie a while back?" Octavia made that up, distracting her from her sisters. She also winked at the twins.

"No." Sweetie shook her head.

"Would you like some?"

"Sure."

"Alright than, let's go." Octavia took Sweetie out to eat smoothie. Leaving the twins to do stuff.


One hundred steps outside Carousal Boutique, give or take few steps

*Crash* Went the window of the boutique after a mannequin flew out of it. "Remind me to give that smoothie later, seems like we need to head back."

"Okay."

Inside was a mess, a shadeless Vinyl and a bloodshot Rarity were fighting and arguing. "Like you know anything about being a lady, Vinyl!" Rarity threw a tea cup at her döppelganger.

"I know just as much about being a lady as much as you know 'bout music!" Vinyl hurled a romance novel at her clone.

"But you can only play a contraption, and last I checked that thing doesn't count!" Rarity flung a chair at her counterpart.

"By that account, make-up shouldn't be counted as actual beauty!" Vinyl said as she threw herself at her sister- no, sisters is inappropriate, maybe... Let's use 'Globoxes' as a place holder name. Needless to say, they're angry at each other. In less than few minutes even.

They resorted to pettiness, first turn was Rarity's. "You're adopted!" They were in a dusty cloud of hoof-to-hoof hoofticuffs.

"Yet I'm the original!"

"I'm just as real as you are!"

"Says the one whose body is magically constructed by a friend and not born the usual way from mother's-"

"W-w-why are you two fighting?" Sweetie Belle asked sadly.

Both young mares were looking at their younger sister. "We..." Vinyl began.

"Love self deprecating, right Vinyl?" Rarity hung her arm over Vinyl's neck, with a smile faker than my aunt's. It looks awkward as heck.

"Y-y-yeah, Baldo." Vinyl replied. Rarity gave her a death glare. "It's fun and oddly therapeutic. Don't try it on your friends Sweetie, that's just a dumb idea, seriously DON'T."

"And Vinyl and I can't stay to mad at each other. And you can probably when we are seriously arguing."

"That's 'bout right. So it's nothing. So if we hurt your feelings let us know."

"You two are immature and aren't fooling anyone." Octavia said flatly at their terrible acting. Okay its terrible, as long you don't look at unconvincing look in their eyes, the grins and the obvious anger. "Calm down and explain what happened." Octavia looked at Sweetie Belle and patted her on her back.

"We-/We-"

"One at the time please. Ladies first, Rarity."

"Thank you, darling. We didn't agree on a design."

"Okay, as much as I love you two... Platonically speaking, you are childish!"

"Let's elaborate," Vinyl said. "we argued so hard that ripped Fleur's dress."

"Understandable, still childish but I can get behind tha-" Octavia was interrupted.

"While we were tugging however, my shades fell off. And she stepped on it!!" Vinyl venomously said and pointed at her Globox.

That explains it. Octavia never got exactly why they were so attached to that pair, besides maybe help them see. But what Octavia did know is that they were really attached to it. Ridiculously so. "I see..."

"Fleur will never forgive me..."

"I'm sure Auntie would understand, girls. She's not as lenient as Uncle Fancy, but she's pretty darn close." Octavia tried to reassure them, but it was mostly directed at Rarity.

"With my shades broken, I feel naked. I'm losing my sense of self worth too..."

"We will think of something, girl..." Octavia sighed. Her hoof shook because it was still trying to comfort Sweetie. "I'm taking Sweetie Belle home, so she can cry to her hearts content, you two should think of a solution. Inform me when you decided, don't let it be childish. Do you want to see Sweetie like this?"


Vinyl's house, the living room

Sweetie hugs Octavia like no tomorrow. "It's going to be okay, Sweetie, I hope..."

"Why come you and Vinyl argue you brush it off, but when Rarity and Vinyl do it ended up badly?"

"I think that Vinyl and I bicker so much it's basically second nature, this is their first time, I think. And Rarity broke something they were really attached to. Seems like they aren't thinking straight either."

"...If they kill each other, will you be my sister?"

She sure wants someone to look up to. "...Of course. But they won't let that happen, I hope. If not we won't let that happen."

The front door opened. "We have thought of a solution." Rarity sighed. "Follow us." They still didn't seem to have made up.


Inside of Golden Oak Library

"Twilight, fuse us back together!" The Globoxes said in unison.

"What?" Twilight doesn't know what's going on.

"You heard us." Rarity said.

"No don't!" Sweetie said, clasping at their legs.

"We're set on this."

"The only way we'll get rid of each other we must become each other."

"What's going on?" Twilight rubbed her head as question went ignored.

"Think about this, girls. "

"When you do this you might become truly unstable. If Twilight melts you back together. We will have a suicidal mare, because she hates herself. Please tell you have a calm down spell, to help them think rationally, Twilight?"

"Don't worry, I wasn't going to turn them back into one anyway."

"What?!" The Globoxes said.

"I said that I'm not doing it. I don't wanna be in another three day coma, or have a splitting killer monster headache when I wake up." Twilight said.

"Not sure how to feel about that, on one hoof that was anti-climatic, but on the more important hoof makes so glad."

"Oh and here's a calm down spell, just in case."

"Well, we don't have any other plans. Do we, Vinyl?"

"No we don't, Rarity."

"I still don't what going on, but it sounds like you need to make up." Twilight said. "Please do it anywhere but here, I have to study again. Sorry. I'd love to help other wise."


Outside the library

"I'm sorry..."

"I'm sorry, Rare..."

"No you're not."

"Yes I am!"

"I was just checking." Rarity said in defense.

"So what are you going to do now?" Octavia asked.

"We could try to make it up to each other." Vinyl said. "I have no idea how though."

"How can I ever apologies to Fleur for destroying her dress?"

"That's easy to solve." Octavia said as she suddenly had a piece of paper. "I wrote this in about, oh, thirty seconds. Couldn't be easier."

Dear Auntie Fleur.

Vinyl and Rarity were being childish over your dresses design, and ripped apart. Expect it much later, since it needs a lot of material, I wanted to comment about your size, but you may take it the wrong way.

With love, your favorite(?) Niece,
Octavia Philharmonica Melody

"Why did I sign it with my full name again? No need for formalities with her." She muttered to herself. "Anyways, now you should be able to take your time with that dress."

"I think I'll remake it, I hope Fluttershy's willing to help me." Vinyl said.

"I'll try to help too, Vinyl. I'm not sure, what we can do for your sunglasses."

"Oh I know, when crusading we sometime come across a certain store that might help." Sweetie said.

"Well I suppose that's my chance to redeem myself." Rarity said.


The next day, Vinyl's House, living room

It was silent at the living room table. Vinyl was sitting on one side and Rarity on the other, with Octavia and Sweetie sitting sitting respectively next to each other. They both have gift wrapped object.

"Can I go first, Vinyl?" Rarity softly asked.

"Sure, go ahead." She said equally as soft.

"Thank you." Rarity pushed the small wrapped tube over to her.

Vinyl, picked it up, looked at it, shook it, sniffed it. "Just open it, Swee- Vinyl." Octavia said.

Vinyl shrugged, as she ripped it open. "...It can't be... can it?"

"Depends." Rarity said.

"Is it an exact copy of my old shades?!" Vinyl got some enthusiasm back in her voice.

"Exactly."

"...Resisting the urge to hug you." Vinyl was clearly satisfied, but unsure if she was on sisterly hug basis with Rarity again.

"Can I get my thingy first?"

"Sure." She shoved the rectangular box to Rarity's side. Rarity opened it.

"Oh my..." Rarity and were Sweetie Belle in awe at the dress' beautiful shininess. Take my word for it.

"I know... If she ever lost animal licence you should hire Fluttershy. She's so good it's almost scary."

"No kidding." Rarity said.

"Am I forgiven?" Vinyl said.

"One more thing, Vinyl." Rarity pulled out a second gift, its the size of a shoe box. "Here." She said.

Vinyl opened it. "N-n-no way, I-I-I-I can't belieeeeeeve this!" There was a tear coming out of Vinyl's eye.

"You like it?" Rarity asked lip bitingly.

"Come here." The Glob Sisters hugged each other hard. "You went to the trouble of gluing the old pair back together, even if its kinda done...amateurishly and placed it in a display case? This the possibly the possible, (redundancy's sneaking up on me again,) you could have given me."

"So, am I forgiven?"

"Duh. Am I forgiven?"

"Ditto."

~~~~The End~~~~

Author's Note:

For (what seems like) the biggest fan of this story: Tom Prince!
Here, have my favorite song on Rayman Origins Collector's Soundtrack Album: Land of the Livid Dead ~ Nowhere to run. I hope you all liked it.

In other news I don't like this chapter. And this the last chapter I'll write for this story. It has been fun. Now I'm finishing a story someone deleted. Voices in My Head Resurrection.

Deleted scene:
Vinyl Scratch: Tell Jukebox he runs the show for a while.

Octavia: Anything but that.