• Published 23rd Apr 2013
  • 2,506 Views, 47 Comments

The Club's Connected to the Boutique - firebirdabirdoffire



After an interview Octavia was curious about of her best friend, she was acting odd around them, and then she realized that she doesn't know much about her herself. So after the night of her DJ-ing Octavia follows her back home...

  • ...
5
 47
 2,506

Bonus Chapter 1 - Sister Hooves Social x1.5 - 0.5 = 0.0

It was a slow day at the CMC club house. Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle II and Scootaloo were boring off their little hooves waiting for an idea to arrive at the light bulb bureau. They wanted to do something, and maybe earn their cutie marks in the progress. But they had nothing to do, and couldn't come up with any ideas. So they came to the conclusion that it would be nice to take things slow and relax for a while. Suddenly something rang a bell in Scootaloo's head, she was really enthusiastic about it, giddy even. "What's so funny, Scootaloo?" Asked Sweetie Belle lying upside down on the recently added couch.

"It's almost time for the Sister Hooves Social isn't?"

"Yer totally right!" Said Applebloom who stopped pacing in circles seconds ago. "It's should be 'round two weeks frum now."

"This is gonna be so cool." Dare I say Scootaloo's excited? "I can finally race alongside Rainbow Dash."

"Ah'm looking forward to it. Ah just hope Applejack hasn't scrapped the idea Ah had..."

"And what was that?" Asked the curious Scootaloo.

"Ah called it 'headless chicken' with ears." Scootaloo glared. "It worked like this... One sister get blindfolded and the other leads her through a small maze. Ah forgot th' reason it was shot down again..."

"From last I saw there didn't seem there was enough space for a maze." Sweetie reasoned.

"That could be it." Apple Bloom said.

"With who are you gonna compete, Sweetie?" Scootaloo asked.

"Wha?"

"You have two sisters, which are you gonna race along with?"

"I don't know. Maybe Vinyl? She doesn't care that much about getting dirty, I think. She's still Rarity, I think. So I might can convince Rarity, maybe."

"I hope you take Rarity again this year. Vinyl's so cool that she might stand a chance against Rainbow."

"Ya might can have both. Ah forgot a had stored this in mah Mane. Here." Apple Bloom pulled out the flyers for this years Sister Hooves Social.

The Sister Hooves Social of 100X A.B.

It's almost time again. And this time it will be a li'l different. We have heard year and year again the same complaints, and this year we fixed one.

First off complaint number one. The one where you want your little/big brother to compete.

No can do. Still a female only event.

Complain 2: Other female family members that aren't sisters still ain't allowed.

And complaint number 3. You might have more then one sister. Previously you could only play with one, leaving the other in the dust. They can now finally compete! Because of an experiment we changed the rules. It's now a point and event based competition that require 2 for each event. You can switch sisters in between rounds.

For more information visit Sweet Apple Acres.
~Applejack, of the Apple clan

"That's great. I'll ask them both." Sweetie said.

"I'm adopted, so, am I allowed?"

"Ah'll hafta ask Applejack 'bout that. But Ah'm sure she'll let you play."


Vinyl's house, The living room.

Vinyl, Octavia and Rarity were having a conversation while having tea. That until Sweetie came in to ask about the sister hooves social.

"I'd love to, Sweetie." Vinyl said. "And I'm sure your other sister would want to compete, or is she such a lady that she doesn't love her sister(s) enough?"

"Well I um," Rarity said.

Vinyl didn't let her finish. "Welp, looks like it's just us, Sweets."

"I will go. I was planning to go too."

"Sure you were, Princess."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." Sweetie bounced.

Rarity faced Octavia. "I can finally see what you find annoying about her." Octavia laughed at the irony.


The Sister Hooves Social

Granny Smith was the announcer once again. "Ahlright ya youngins. This year we've a few events, 'nd luckily we have a lot of teams for each of 'em." Said announce to the relatively small sized audience. Big Macintosh gave her the list of teams. "Hee 're are teams, in abhabehcd order form last their lats name. What's a abhabehcd?" Big Macintosh explained the poor hoof writing. "The teams in Alphabetical order, it's determent from the first letter of the second segment of their name. "

"Our first team is, Team Yehow. That's kinda fitting, but it's supposed Team Yellow. AKA The AppleClan, Consisting of Applejack and Apple Bloom!" Applejack and Apple Bloom her waving at Granny and Big Macintosh. AJ and AB were wearing yellow bandannas around their neck. "Are ya ready for this Apple Bloom?" "Of course! Ah missed out on last year's."

"Our second team is, Team Blues. At least there's a musician among 'em. Team Blue, AKA Team Belle, consists of Sweetie Belle, Rarity and Vinyl Scratch. J'est don't let the latter play her music." "I feel insulted, I don't why." "Sarcasm, how original." "Are we gonna win?" "We sure are gonna try, aren't we Rarity?" "Yes..." "Don't look so uneasy, sis. Haven't you learned from last time? Adapt my persona and we're gonna be the best!" Fine, but the grinning maniac with snide remarks that we somehow can get away with doesn't suit me. "Oh you."

"The third team is Team Rainbow. Whaddya know, it's spell correctly. Wha's that Big Mac? It is spelled wrong? Mah eye are playing tricks on me? Well Ah'll be. Anyways it's Team Rainbow AKA Multiple Rainbooms. It's member's are Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo!" Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo had Rainbow bandannas, Rainbow was wearing it around her neck, Scootaloo was wearing it on her head. Fluttershy was cheering them on with a sign that read 'Go, Scootaloo GO! Go, Rainbow GO!' "This is it. Are ya ready squirt? Looks like this might get serious." "We can take it on! Let's go for gold!"

"And finally, team four, Ah have no idea who these two are. Anyways they're Team Orange AKA The SkyLookers. Their name's are Sunny Skies and Starry Skies." Sunny Skies is a white Pegasus with a pink mane and a cutie mark with two suns, one bigger then the other. Starry Skies was a blue Unicorn with a lighter blue mane, she has the same cutie mark as her sister, but with moons. "This feels good to be outside for once, the smell of the farm is so refreshing." "I'm not sure if this is a good idea, sister. Surely we have something better to do." "Nonsense Starry, if anything we should do this a lot more."
They're Celestia and Luna in disguise, they have a day off I guess. If you found this, let me know.

"Now to the first event, whippersnappers!"


Event 1: Archery

"This one's as easy as stackin' up ten pots on top of each other. One sister holds up target and the other shoots it with a crossbow. Don't fret youngins, it's safe. Fer one thin' the crossbow has been slahghty sabotahged, it's weaker then you think it is. The arrows also have suction cups. Th' targets have six score rings to 'em, they go from one to six, once ye hit th' targit once yer done. Oh, one more thin': no wings or magick during any event, unless it's t' help the injured, that should go without saying."

Round 1: The AppleClan
Th' preparation:

"Ah'm not shore who should do what." Applejack said.

"Ah'll shoot the crossbow!" Apple Bloom said with even thinking.

Th' result:

"Aaaw. Ah only hit two."

"That's prutty good all things considering, Apple Bloom."

Round 2: Team Belle
The preparation:

"Let's think this through strategically." Rarity said. "I can't use the crossbow because I don't have proper vision."

"And you might hurt me or Sweetie if ya used that thing, Rare." Vinyl said. "I think Sweetie should do this, I can't see the target's section with my purple vision. Are ya up for the job, Sweets?"

"Sure am!"

"Good, now who is going to lift the target?" Rarity asked. Both she and Vinyl know that with Sweetie Belle you can either get lucky and survive, or be in a world of (a blank, depends on the situation). "You should, Vinyl dear. You have protection for your eye-" Rarity almost forgot how much those shades meant to Vinyl. "I shall hold on to your shades so you can do it."

"...3 2 1."

The result:

"Of course I lose the 'not it' competition." *Sigh* "Give it your best shot Sweetie!!" It felt just like a light bump against the board. Anti-climatic.

"I think I shot four, Rarity!"

Rarity looked. "You did shoot four, Sweetie!"

"Highhoof!" *Collective Slap*

Round 3: MultipleRainbooms
The preparation:

"I'll shoot!"

"'Kay" Rainbow said in an easier to read color font.

The result:

"Three!!"

"Awesome!!"

Round 4: SkyLookers
The preparation:

"How much military experience do you have with crossbows, Starry?"

"Not enough, I'm afraid."

"Hold the target for me, I had lots of time to practice in your absence."

The result:

"Miss!"

"Miss!"

"Miss."

"Miss.."

"Miss..."

"ONE! Just barely"


"That's it for th' first event. Th' scores are up on that scoreboard."

The AppleClan: II
Team Belle: IIII
Multiple Rainbooms: III
SkyLookers: I

Fluttershy was cheering for Multiple Rainbooms. She occasionally flipped her sign around that wishes good luck to the other teams too.

"I still think we should've gone with 'Groove Armada' as our team name." Vinyl said.

"It doesn't fit us all, Vinyl. We are musical, sure, but not all that groovy." Rarity said. Some might beg to differ.

"Don't tell me that isn't an awesome name, Rare."

"I'm not denying that."

"I really like it." Sweetie said.

"So do I, Sweetie. But it just doesn't fit us." Rarity said again. "But it does sound like a good band name, you might want remember that one."


Event 2: Throw about

"This 's one of mah favorite childhood games. Ya'all're gonna stand in a hexagon and throw about a ball. Ya can be as decisive as ya like, but ya have to throw it and it has to be catchable. If the throw make it impossible to catch; she's out. If the catcher doesn't catch the catchable ball; she's out. But we have an extra rule so this doesn't go on to long. Ya'all have one minute and thirty seconds, the last wielder of the ball's out once it has been reached. The team that gets last gain 1 point. The third gets 2. etc.. Got that? Good. Ah'll give Team Belle half a minute to pick who's gonna play."

It was obvious already who should play. "Say, Sweetie dear."

"Would'ya mind if Rare and I try?"

"No."

"Thank you dear." They left out the reason why. They didn't want to imply that she's clumsy with her hooves (or in general) compared to the sowing Rarity and the vinyl scratching Vinyl Scratch.

"Get into place as shown on this board." Granny Smith said as she pointed to the board Big Macintosh held. It read:

AJ AB

VS STS

RB SUS

RB SC

Applejack has the ball. "3. 2. 1. GO!!" Smith shouted.

Applejack was thinking, she made a risky move by throwing to the opposite side. "Here ya go, Scootaloo." She catched it. Fluttershy held her sign up high up.

"Take this miss Skies!" She threw it at Starry Skies. (Luna)

Starry catched it, twirled and threw the ball like comet at lightning speed at Rarity. She catched it, like it was nothing. Even if the force of that throw pushed her back about a meter or two and with the ball exploding in her face. Her horribly singed body, semi-unconscious on the floor. Bonus points for catching it, extra points for fainting legitimately.

"Rarity!" Everypony was in shock. Most of all Sweetie, Vinyl and Starry Skies (Luna.)

Everything went black for Rarity.

"Hmm... So that's where cousin Fuji hid the gunpowder. Think we should you should keep it just to the obstacle course?" Granny Smith asked Big Macintosh.

"Eeyup..."


Rarity woke up in a blueish-green and brown room, everything was hazy. She feels extreme cold on her body parts that weren't covered in a blanket. 'What's going on?' she thought. After a minute or two somepony came in.

"Oh, I see you're awake." An orange and white blob said.

"Who are you? Where am I? And why? And how long?"

"You're in the hospital. I'm a doctor, I'm here to check up on you. As for how long, just a day. I'm not sure why you're here however. They said we wouldn't believe them."

Rarity remembered remembered the ball she miraculously catched, those self-defense classes paid off. "They're probably right..." Rarity didn't feel like using her dialect. "What's my condition doctor, and where are my contacts?"

"Promise not to overreact or or take this too hard?"

"I'll do my best."

"Whatever happened, you got horribly burned. And your contacts were broken. We'll be getting a new pair for you."

"Thank you."

"But we can't say the same for your coat."

"...Pardon?"

"Look at your arm. Notice a different color?"

Rarity saw it what was supposed to be her arm. "Please don't tell me!" She rubbed her head, she's...

"That you're bald? Yes..."

"But I can't afford to be bald in my line of work." She would shake the doctor about if she had depth perception.

"I'm sorry miss Belle, we had to do it to remove any dangerous toxins from your body. I hope you understand."

"Of course I understand!! But I don't like it!" She pretty much cried.

"That's a given, miss. But be glad you're alive, you're lucky."

"Lucky me..."

"Anyways we need to bring you to our optician. After which we'll inform your family to pick you up, they'll take care of you."

Rarity sighed. "Fine. Can I get something to wear? I don't like being naked like this..."

The doctor gave one of those things patients wear, the name escapes me. "We're giving you something that helps growing your fur back. But it might take a year."


The doctor escorted Rarity back to her room. "Your family should pick you up any minute now."

"Can I get something to drink?"


"Miss Belle, they're here." The doctor said. He let them in, Rarity didn't want to be seen like this so she hid under the covers.

"We know how you look like, Rarity." Magnum said sadly.

"We, as well as our friends, saw you lying unconscious yesterday." Pearl followed up. Rarity was in shock, she threw off her blanket pretty much.

"WHA!? I don't think I can live with myself..." Rarity said depressed to the white and pink blobs. At least her accent sorta returned.

"Oh just you wait, sis." Vinyl said coolly and quietly. "Starry Skies sent us a special fur/hair growing lotion to say she's sorry."

"She really means it. Look at the price tag on this thing." Sweetie said.

"I can barely see any thing, Sweetie." Rarity said flatly.

"Oh sorry..."

"Here, take my shades." Vinyl levitated her shades onto her sister. "Ya can borrow'em till you have your new contacts."

"Thank you dearly, Vinyl. How I missed seeing in this color." Rarity took a look at the price tag. "200 bits!?"

"It's kind of miss Skies to give you that, Rarity." Pearl said. "Just bathe in this once and your fur grows back. Here's is her letter:"

Dear element of generosity, Rarity Belle,

Thanks to my... lack of... let's call it common sense, and dumb luck that that ball was filled with gun powder, you are now horribly burned. I hope this lotion is enough of an apology for my unforgivable act.

All you need to do is bathe in this once and your fur, mane and tail will grow back overnight, I'm not entirely sure about eyelashes though...

~Starry Skies, of the moon.

P.S. I didn't know you were the sister of Vinyl Scratch, can I get her autograph? My adress is...

Did I say that she's Princess Luna enough times?

"I this is marvelous!" Rarity shouted.

"Now get up, we have a cloak you can wear." Magnum said. Rarity climbed out of her hospital bed. She lost her balance quickly. "It will still be cold outside, I'll run ahead to get your bath started."

"Don't forget that that no tail means little balance. Here lemme help." Vinyl said as she stood next to her. "Throw your arm over me."

"I'll help too!"

Rarity gave them both a muzzle. "Thank you all."


Carousal Boutique, shortly after Rarity's bath.

Rarity was done bathing in Starry's stuff. "If this actually works I have to give her my thanks, a free dress, discounts and my friendship." Rarity said to herself in her bathrobe. Vinyl and Sweetie (im)patiently waited downstairs, they wanted to talk to Rarity. But they wanted to wait until Rarity was done bathing. It was quiet upstairs for a minute or two.

"I think we should head upstairs now, Sweets."

"Okay." They headed for Rarity's bedroom.

"I'll knock K, Sweetie?" Sweetie nodded.

*Knock-Knock* "It's me and Sweetie, mind if we have a sisterly talk?" Vinyl said.

"Come in." Rarity said.

"Didya say coming with a g at the end, or Come in as in we should go in?"

"The latter."

"Okay." Vinyl opened the door, they saw Rarity lying in bed with her night mask on. The only thing they saw of her was her head. It's probably the the only she allows to be seen.

"Can we sit on your bed?" Sweetie asked.

"Yes, just don't pull off my blanket, I might catch a cold that way." Rarity said.

"Roger that." They sat on her bed. "How're ya feeling?"

"Naked, ashamed, blind as a bat without your shades, miserable and yet relieved that it will soon be over."

"You got that right. At least you didn't die. Seeing you die would be the most disturbing thing I can think of at the moment. Amnesia also would'da been award, sis. Imagine me trying to explain that we're the same pony, but not really."

"I suppose..."

"I'm glad you're alive," Sweetie muzzled her sister. "What will Spike think when he sees you like this?"

"Sweetie!/Sweetie!" Twins said, not harshly but with definitely disapprovingly. "That's not a nice thing to say right now." Vinyl said.

"Sorry. If it helps we both survived explosions." Sweetie said casually.

"That doesn't help, darling." Rarity replied.

...

...

Rarity sighed. "...I'm sorry."

"Sorry?" Vinyl repeated.

"Why?" Asked the Sweetest of Belles.

"That you to quit the Sisterhoof Social thanks to me." Explained Rarity.

"...Srsly?" Vinyl said that so flatly she didn't bother with the syllables.

"You were injured Rarity. You're more important to us than that." Sweetie said.

"Just not your preferences on outside activities." Vinyl said passive aggressively to one or both of her sisters.

"I know, I said that to be on the safe side. I would hug you both if didn't wasn't so... You know. Can we save the group hug for tomorrow?"

"Of course!/Sure." Sweetie and Vinyl respectively said.

"Please tell everypony who saw me like this to forget about it."

"Okay./Agreed."

"I'll put our old 'Rarity' wig and tail extension in your basement, in case your mane and tail don't fully grow back tomorrow."

"Thank you."

"We should be going home now, it's 'Tavi's turn to cook, that stuff you must eat warm. Good night, Rare." Vinyl said.

"Good night!" Sweetie repeated.

"Good night." Rarity replied.


That morning. Rarity's fur grew back, her mane and tail grew even longer than before. Her friends came to check up on her. In other words she's alright.

Author's Note:

Short and rushed.
The reason why it loses the focus on the social is because I couldn't make much more up, and I was bored by it. Plus the other bonus chapters are gonna be much more fun to write.

With that said I challenge you to write a story in which this happens to Rarity for a longer period of time.

I've hidden secrets in this chapter. Something that points out something you may already found out.
The Skies sisters cutie marks are a reference to Rayman's suns and moons. Like that says anything.

Scrapped teams
team 4: Team gray AKA the MarbleMarvels. With Inkie, Blinkie and Pinkie
and team 5: team purple AKA SparkleDoodle. Dinky and Sparkler

Here are the scrapped dialogue:
"The fourth team is Team Purple. It's members are... Is that Twilight gal or Sparkler from last year? Ahh, Sparkler and... Does this read Dinky Do? Next time Ah'll let you write them down, Big Mac. Team Purple AKA SparkleDoodle!" They just waved.

"Team five's called Team Grey AKA The MarbleMarvels, with Blinkie, Inkie and Pinkie Pie." "Why did you drag us out here for again, Pinkie?" "We don't hang out enough. So I signed us up for some sisterly activities." "I'm excited."

Round 4: SparkleDoodle
The preparation:
Dinky holds the target, Sparkler shoots.

The result:
A six...

Round 5: MarbleMarvels
The preparation:
"Okay this is how we're gonna do it."