• Published 12th Feb 2013
  • 1,576 Views, 113 Comments

Unintended Consequences - Daedalus



Twilight Sparkle does human-summoning Science. He gets into Shenanigans.

  • ...
11
 113
 1,576

CAPITALISM!

It was getting to be cider season in Ponyville, and Aristotle was watching the Apple Family go about the process of making maybe-alcoholic drinks for everyone -er, every pony. Spike was discovering his heritage with Karkat in tow, and Kate was going through various interesting bits of human cultures using the computer with a functional Internet connection that Aristotle somehow had (it was probably cartoon physics) and used to keep up-to-date on his pop culture references. A fairly average day overall.
Suddenly, a pair of unicorns in what looked to be a magic-powered car drove up to Sweet Apple Acres. The drivers got out and sang a classic "shady huckster" song. These ones sounded actually earnest though. Aristotle was interested in their machine, so he took them aside, gave them an in with an influential friend of his, and sent them on their way to Canterlot. The Apple Family was happy to be rid of competition, Aristotle was happy to help push Equestria ever closer to an industrial revolution, and Rainbow Dash never got any cider that year. She did, however, get some the next year, reserved for her by Applejack.

Author's Note:

I'm back again! This was not as long as I had hoped, sadly. I wanted Aristotle to ramble a bit in giving the Flim Flam Brothers a reference, but it didn't come. His influential friend, if anyone is curious, is Blueblood. In this story, Blueblood is interested in new technology, among other things. Also, on a side note, I would really like a coauthor to help flesh out ideas so I don't keep producing chapters like this and the last few. They're far too short and undetailed for my taste, but the details won't come to me. If you're interested, leave a comment on the story or PM me.