• Published 17th Sep 2011
  • 5,598 Views, 157 Comments

Friends Forever - Snow



A look into a possible future for Twilight and her friends, years after the show ends.

  • ...
9
 157
 5,598

Friends Forever VIII: A Beginning

"Mmnnngh!" A tickle, poke, a tickling poke and a prod to my nose disrupted a view into saccharine nostalgia so vivid that were I more awake to enjoy it, I perhaps would have worried of cavities.

My insistence to descend back into sleep went unheeded as well; "Tia... stop it. 'M having the best dream..." I received a honk on the nose for the effort, and one of my wings informed me something small was wiggling its way underneath it. If that weren't enough to wake me, what happened next surely did.

"Suuurrrrr-PRISE!"

Krak-BOOOOOM!

I didn't even realize I owned a chandelier prior to that moment when I found myself clinging to it, staring down at... a party cannon. Five party canons, in fact, lined up like howitzers while confetti and streamers floated about.

There, before my eyes were five ponies of varying ages, wearing five necklaces and delight shining on their faces. Even the voice that greeted me, belonging to Joy, sounded familiar, full of jubilation and happiness.

This could work, I thought, with a smile on my face... before Pinkie Pie or Joy or whatever I was to call her set off her pentapartillary, powerfully packing pounds of playfully-picked party paraphernalia. Even as I fell onto my bed from the noise, my thoughts changed to 'I know this will work.'

"Know what this calls for?! A--" Joy began in true Pinkie Pie style, leaping into the air before we all answered her at once, joining in. "PARTY!!"


So, here I am making another 'journal' entry on probably another of the most important days of my life.

After spending breakfast with Tia, Luna, and my five old...new.... my five newest, old friends, I spent most of the morning asking – and answering – every kind of question imaginable, and only now find enough presence (and peace) of mind to record my thoughts.


Sun Dew, or Sunny as Joy's started calling her hasn't left my side since I woke. She hasn't really spoken much either, but what she has told me is that she and Rarity made a deal. Rarity refused to take Sunny's foalhood away from her, but Sunny wouldn't let Rarity or me lose our friends, even for a few decades now that we had the chance. So, as she gets older Rarity's personality and memories will start surfacing for the little filly and the two will become much the same mare. I don't really know how that will work but I have faith that if things have worked out so well this far, there's no reason they won't just keep on.

Morning Waves has been a little quiet too at times, but she seems to have... something about her that reminds me of Rainbow. It turns out that Dash understood the promise and gave her some memories and a touch of her persona, but decided to just 'hang out' for the most part. I'm really proud of her.

Silver Chalice and Honey Apple hit it off pretty well, too. They're both from Ponyville after all but the kicker is Silver Chalice's mansion isn't even twenty minutes away from Honey's home. As for Fluttershy and Applejack.... Well Fluttershy's apparently sharing Silver's body with her so that she'll always have a friend, and Applejack let herself become an 'honest' 50-50 with Honey Apple, and it really seems like they're both one pony.

Now as for Joy, well she's asked to just be called Pinkie, if that's any indicator. Joy's still in there, she assured me, but by and large wanted to be as much like the original Party Pony as possible and she got her wish.


I know it's probably... not ideal and the actual metaphysics of just how all this was done just fascinates me to no end, but looking back at it all, and looking forward to the future... I'm happy, and it feels so good to be able to say that.

I'm happy because I have my old friends, and new ones both.

I'm happy because I have two wonderful sisters who loved me enough to make this all this a dream come true.

I'm happy because I know now that friendship is something that you don't lose when that friend passes away or drifts apart from you. It's always there in your heart, and your friends are always, and will always be there for you, watching over you, wishing the best for you.

I'm happy because when Celestia's sun burns cold and Luna's moon is dust, the three things that will endure forever are Love, Hope, and Friendship.

I have to go now, Joy...Pinkie's... wanting to throw the biggest party she can before Morning Waves has to go home tomorrow for a week or two, and I don't want to miss a moment of it.


"Twilight!"

"Coming!"

- End.