• Published 30th Jan 2013
  • 2,630 Views, 88 Comments

The Transformers My Little Pony Crossover 2 - TFCrossoverFan



The Decepticons have taken over Equestria, and it's up to the Autobots to save the ponies.

  • ...
12
 88
 2,630

The Return

Chapter 4

Optimus Prime and Elita One sprinted across the war- torn battlefield on Cybertron. A hundred yards behind them, Megatron and the entire Decepticon armada unleashed a hail of gunfire on them, and a hundred yards ahead of the duo, Omega Supreme awaited them in rocket form. Ironhide, Prowl, Jazz, Inferno, and Powerglide provided cover fire for Optimus and Elita as they neared Omega.

They had another fifty yards to go when a giant purple ray gun appeared from the sky and blasted them. Optimus and Elita were both launched a good sixty feet from each other before landing. As Optimus regained his senses, he saw the ray gun transform into its robot form and land on the ground.

Shockwave ignored Optimus as he walked over to Elita and lifted her up into the air by the throat. "Did you really think that you would escape that easily, Elita One?" Shockwave coldly asked.

As Shockwave aimed his arm gun straight into Elita's face, Optimus ran up to him and punched him aside. "GET AWAY FROM HER!" Optimus yelled.

Shockwave got back on his feet and fired a blast into Optimus' mid- section. Optimus grabbed the wound in pain and tried to keep himself steady, when Shockwave charged him and punched him to the ground. Shockwave planted his right foot firmly on Optimus' chest, and aimed his gun right in between his eyes.

"How foolish of me," Shockwave said, "To assume that I should have killed the femme first. No, I let my personal feelings of revenge get in the way. It is logical that I terminate you first, Optimus Prime."

"Hey Cyclops!"

Shockwave looked up from Optimus and received a ninja- kick to his eye from Elita. Shockwave staggered back and grasped his cracked optic. "GAH! You wretched glitch! You will pay for that!"

As Shockwave blindly flailed about away from Optimus and Elita, Elita motioned towards Optimus. "What's the matter Optimus? You losing your touch?"

Optimus gave a small chuckle. "No Elita, I've still got the touch."

Elita One offered her hand to Optimus, to which Optimus reached up to grab.

Just as their fingers were about to connect, a hand grabbed Elita's left shoulder from behind, and Elita One's chest exploded.

Optimus and Elita briefly stared in shock at the smoking hole in Elita's chest, when the culprit tossed Elita One aside like a ragdoll, and revealed himself. "Who would have thought that killing your one true love twice would feel so satisfying?" Megatron tauntingly asked.

The world around Optimus began to distort itself, seemingly affected by the rage within Optimus Prime that had not revealed itself since he first fought Megatron. Screaming like a madman, Optimus pounced onto Megatron, pinned him to the ground, and began delivering a vicious and unrelenting series of blows, never stopping, never hesitating.

When Optimus finally stopped, Megatron was barely conscious, his eyes and mouth bleeding energon. Optimus unsheathed his axe and raised it up, preparing for the finishing blow. A blast hit Optimus' hand, forcing him to take his optics off of Megatron. Soundwave was leading the Decepticons in a full on assault on Optimus to save Megatron.

Optimus knew well that he could not take on the whole Decepticon armada by himself, so he reluctantly left Megatron where he lay, picked up Elita One's body with both of his arms, and ran to Omega Supreme. Optimus finally reached Omega's ramp, and climbed into the ship with the rest of the Autobots.

"OPERATION RETAKE CYBERTRON: FAILED," Omega Supreme said as he left Cybertron's atmosphere, "NEW OBJECTIVE: RETREAT. DESIGNATION: EARTH."

Optimus Prime rushed Elita One to the makeshift med bay that Ratchet had miraculously created inside of Omega Supreme. When he got there, Jazz and Prowl were leaning against the wall, waiting for Ratchet's results. They both looked at Elita with solemn faces, and silently nodded to the med bay entrance. When Optimus entered the room, he looked to his left. Laid out on a series of small beds were the still forms of Chromia, Moonracer, Firestar, Greenlight, and Lancer. However, Optimus noticed that there was one bot that was still moving, albeit in small twitches. This bot was lying on the last bed in the row, at the opposite end of the room. Optimus had never met or seen her before.

Optimus looked to his right. Ironhide, Powerglide, and Inferno were standing over Ratchet, who was sitting down on a chair looking down at the ground. Their faces were filled with anxious worry.

"Ratchet, please, just tell me," Ironhide pleaded, "Is Chromia going to be alright?"

"And what of Moonracer? She's going to make it, right doc?" Powerglide asked.

"And Firestar! What of her? She can't go offline! Not now!" Inferno said.

Ratchet stayed silent. He looked up at the three bots, a grim, serious expression on his face. Ratchet silently shook his head, and looked away again. Ironhide, Powerglide, and Inferno knew well what Ratchet meant. They turned away from the medic, approached the line of beds, kneeled down by the still forms of their respective girlfriends, and began cradling their bodies, silently crying within.

"Ratchet." Optimus quietly said.

"Yes Optimus?" Ratchet responded.

"Did any of Elita's team survive?"

"Only one. She's at the back over there. Her name's Arcee."

"Is she new?"

"Yes. She said she joined Elita and the others just a year ago. But I assume you have other things on your mind now…" Ratchet was pointing to Elita.

"Yes."

"Put her over here." Ratchet said as he motioned to the table he was sitting at. Ratchet stood up and cleared the table of junk to make room for Elita.

Optimus gently placed Elita One's body on the table. "Ratchet, can she be saved?"

Ratchet examined Elita's injury. Megatron's fusion cannon had torn a sizable hole dead center through Elita's chest. Energon was leaking out of her at a rapid rate.

"Optimus… if there are any last words the two of you wish to share… now's the time. I'll… I'll wait outside with Prowl and Jazz."

As Ratchet left the med bay, Optimus silently stared at Elita. Elita's optics flickered, a clear sign that her time was coming.

"Optimus…"

"Yes Elita?"

"…You came all this way… to try to save me and the others from the entire slagging Decepticon army… that means a lot."

"You know well I would never leave a friend behind."

"Friend? Optimus, you know well that we are more than just friends…*cough*."

Elita began coughing slightly, tiny streams of energon were leaking from the corners of her mouth. Optimus grabbed Elita's right hand with both of his own, trembling slightly.

Elita One still tried to sound optimistic. "You know, throughout this whole war, I always figured that if I did die, it would have been Shockwave who got me. But I guess it shouldn't be that much of a shocker that it's Megatron who did me in…"

"Don't talk like that Elita!" Optimus said. "You're going to make it."

"Who are you trying to kid, Optimus? Me, or yourself? My part in this war is over. It is time that I rejoined Dion and Alpha Trion."

Optimus tensed at the mention of both his long dead best friend and long dead father figure. "Elita, please don't go. You… you're all I have left. Please don't go…"

Elita One smiled. "I won't be gone, Optimus. I will always be with you here." Elita tapped a finger onto Optimus' chest.

"…I love you, Elita One…"

"I love you… Optimus Prime. I… love… you… Orion… Pax…"

"…Elita? Elita One! Elita One! Ariel! AAARRRIIIEEELLL!"

Optimus Prime's optics shot wide open. He was currently lying down on his bed in his personal quarters in Autobot City on Earth. He looked out his window. The sun was rising. His personal clock said the time was 7 AM.

Optimus rose up from his resting place, placed his feet on the ground, and just sat there, thinking. This was the third night in a row he had had that nightmare.

That memory.

Three years ago, in 2004, Megatron had finally decided to shift his attention from Earth, and back to Cybertron. Optimus Prime had known well that Elita One's team would be utterly wiped out when the Decepticons launched their invasion, and so he had set out on a rescue mission in hopes of saving her and the others before it was too late. The Decepticons arrived on Cybertron mere minutes after the Autobots. The consequences left only one surviving member of Elita One's team, Arcee, the rookie. Fortunately, Arcee was the strong- willed type, and quickly adjusted to living on Earth. Ironhide, Powerglide, and Inferno however, did not speak or smile for over a week. Everybot understood, and everybot respected the turmoil they were going through.

It had taken Optimus Prime two weeks before he properly pulled himself together. All that he had from before the war, Dion, and Ariel, gone. Even Alpha Trion, the one who had saved him from death and taught him the ways of being a Prime, gone. And then, just a year later, in 2005, the Battle of Autobot City happened. The Decepticons had supercharged their weapons for this grand battle, which resulted in the deaths of many Autobots.

The casualty list was enormous. Of the Autobots who had originally arrived on Earth in the Ark, only three- Bumblebee(Later upgraded as Goldbug), Jazz, and Cliffjumper- survived. That number was bumped up to four when Optimus Prime was resurrected from the dead in 2006. The Autobots who had arrived on Earth in 1985 also suffered losses. Perceptor, Blaster, Powerglide, Warpath, Beachcomber, Cosmos, Seaspray, and Omega Supreme were the only survivors of the 1985 Autobots. Skyfire, the Dinobots, and the Autobots combiner teams were fortunate enough to also survive. In what could only be described as a miracle, all of the Autobots who were on Earth post 1985 had survived the battle. But that did not change the fact that so many good bots were now dead.

And all of this was because of one Cybertronian.

Megatron.

Or, as he now called himself, Galvatron. Optimus considered it a sick joke that for the dozens of dead Autobots, only two Decepticons were killed. Starscream by Galvatron, and Shockwave by Unicron, the Cybertronian God of Chaos and Destruction the surviving Autobots had told him about. The fact that Starscream was later resurrected by the decapitated head of Unicron did not make Optimus feel any better. 'For all of the dead Autobots, only I come back,' Optimus cynically thought to himself, 'And of the two dead Decepticons, only one stays dead.'

Optimus stood up from his bed, and exited his room. He proceeded down the hallways. Where was he going? To the Autobot Hall of the Dead. After the destruction of the original Autobot mausoleum; which, ironically, was destroyed by Optimus Prime when his body was being used as a puppet by the dreaded Quintessons; the Autobots decided to simply create a memorial hall within Autobot City itself. The room was placed at the edge of the city, so that it could continue expanding…

Optimus reached the door to the Autobot Hall of the Dead. Before he could punch in the code to open the doors, the doors opened by themselves, revealing Goldbug on the other side.

Goldbug looked up at Optimus. "Prime! I-I hope you don't mind that I was just-"

Optimus placed his hand on Goldbug's shoulder, and nodded. "I miss them too, old friend."

Goldbug returned the nod. "Thanks, Optimus." Goldbug then walked around Optimus, and disappeared down the hall. Optimus worried for that little bot. He really did.

Optimus entered the Hall of the Dead. For every dead Autobot, a statue and plaque was mounted in their honor and memory. The statues were organized in rows. At the front of every statue equal space was given so as to provide room for walking, and at the back of every statue the back of another statue was placed. Optimus thought that this organization style was somewhat similar to a library. The difference was that instead of finding which book you wanted to read, you were finding which Autobot you wanted to mourn for.

Optimus Prime found the row he was looking for. As he progressed, he passed by many dear friends. The statues of Ironhide, Ratchet, Prowl, Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, and many others stared down upon him. Optimus could not bear their gazes.

Finally, Optimus found the statue he was searching for. He read the plaque.

ELITA ONE

He looked up at Elita's statue, and stared. He stared into her face for a long time.

"I wish you were here to see our victory, Ariel." Optimus quietly said to himself. "I wish you were all here. Our victory was so close…"

Elsewhere…

Goldbug silently walked down the halls of Autobot City. So much had happened in the past few years. It was all over, right? Right? 'No,' Goldbug thought to himself, 'We are forgetting about something…"

Ever since the rebirth of Cybertron, a nagging thought had been buzzing around in the back of Goldbug's mind. He didn't know why, but he felt it had something to do with a promise…

As Goldbug thought about this, he passed by Autobot City's main control room. Ultra Magnus and Kup were currently on their shifts for monitor duty. He heard them talking as he continued walking away.

"Hey Magnus, a message just came through." Kup said.

"A message? From who?" Ultra Magnus asked.

"No idea. It doesn't say who it's from."

"Well does it say anything?"

"Yeah, yeah actually it does. It says… what the?"

"What's wrong?"

"Get a load of this. It says: "Decepticons have taken control of Equestria. Come immediately if you want to save the ponies.""

Goldbug stopped dead in his tracks.

"Is this somebody's idea of a joke?" Ultra Magnus asked . "I can't deal with this right now. Delete it."

"On it." Kup said.

"WAIT!" Goldbug cried out as he charged into the room. Goldbug pushed Ultra Magnus and Kup aside and stared intently at the screen.

"Goldbug! What the scrap has gotten into you?" Ultra Magnus said with annoyance.

"Yeesh kid you freaked out really badly there." Kup said. "Is there something you haven't told us?"

"Guys, listen to me, this is not a joke." Goldbug said. "Nobody in this universe knows of Equestria except for the Autobots and Decepticons. This has to be real!"

"Oh really? Then how come we don't know about this "Equestria"?"

"Because we never bothered telling you. AHA! There it is!"

"There's what?"

"A video file. Whoever sent this knew that we would have wanted proof that the letter was telling the truth." Goldbug clicked on the file, and the three Autobots observed the screen.

Whoever had filmed the video they were watching had done so from the side of a mountain. It was dawn. The screen zoomed in on a castle that Goldbug immediately recognized as Canterlot. From the castle gates they saw files of ponies marching down the path to what Goldbug assumed to be slave labor. The camera shifted slightly upwards and revealed Cyclonus standing on the castle wall, watching over the ponies. A stallion tripped, causing Cyclonus to yell at him and threaten to shoot him. The stallion hastily got back up and continued his march. The video ended.

Ultra Magnus and Kup were at a loss for words. "So, um, where were we when all this Equestria business happened?" Kup asked in confusion.

"It happened back in 1994, a good five years before you guys came along." Goldbug responded.

"Were those horses that we saw on there?" Ultra Magnus said.

"Not horses. Ponies." Goldbug corrected. "Equestria is in an alternate dimension where sentient animals rule, mostly equines."

"Anything else we should know?"

"Yeah. Magic exists there."

"…"

"The video evidence doesn't lie, Magnus."

"I know, I know. Okay, so, should we start letting everybody else know about this?"

"Abso- freaking- lutely."

"Alright. You should put out the call. I don't know why, but I think it would just sound more believable that way."

Goldbug nodded, and pressed the intercom button. "Attention all Autobots, attention please. This is Goldbug. All Autobots are to immediately report to the main control room. A message of distress has been received from Equestria. This is not a joke. Equestria is under Decepticon attack. Goldbug out."

Goldbug released the intercom button, and the three bots waited. In only ten seconds, they already heard rapid footsteps coming from the hall. The footsteps came closer, and sure enough, Jazz skidded into view.

"Goldbug! Are you being serious? I mean, is this the real deal?" Jazz asked with full- on anticipation.

"Yes Jazz, this is the real deal. We're going back to Equestria."

Before Jazz could cry out in joy, thundering footsteps began shaking the room. The Dinobots entered the room, looking more ready than usual for a fight.

"DECEPTICONS DARE ATTACK PONIES? RAAAW! ME GRIMLOCK WILL TEAR ALL DECEPTICONS APART LIMB BY LIMB IF THEY HURT FLUTTERSHY!"

Goldbug and Jazz were unphased and unsurprised at this outburst, but Kup and Ultra Magnus sure as slag were. "What's gotten into him?" Kup asked with slight nervousness.

"The Dinobots were very fond of the ponies, Kup." Jazz explained. "Especially one in particular named Fluttershy. Heck, Fluttershy was the one who taught the Dinobots to be civil in the first place."

Optimus Prime, Cliffjumper, and Perceptor entered the room next. "So, I heard that we're going back to pony world." Cliffjumper said as he cracked his knuckles. "Cons just made their last mistake."

"The proper term is Equestria, Cliffjumper." Perceptor said.

"Whatev-" Cliffjumper noticed that the Dinobots were all giving him death glares. "I-I mean, uh, sorry, of course. Equestria. That's what I meant."

As more Autobots began entering the room, Optimus approached Goldbug, Ultra Magnus, and Kup. "Explain to me what happened."

"We received this message from an anonymous source." Ultra Magnus said. "We were about to delete it, when Goldbug came into the room and told us it was real. We didn't believe him at first, but after we saw the video file that came with the message, we were pretty convinced."

"Show me this file."

"Yes sir."

Ultra Magnus played the video for Optimus, who studied it intently. When the video ended, Optimus Prime turned to the others. "Any thoughts on who may have sent this?"

"No sir."

Optimus thought this over. Who had sent the message? Whoever they were, they clearly wanted the Decepticons to be stopped as much as the Autobots did. But what if it was a trap? What if the Cons wanted the Bots to come to Equestria, and then wipe them out?

Irrelevant.

The fact is that the Decepticons are bringing harm to Equestria and its citizens. Optimus Prime would not tolerate it.

"Autobots. We are returning to Equestria."

The Autobots, especially the ones who were present during the first Equestria incident, gave a loud cheer. "Alright!" Jazz cried out. "So, how do we get there?"

The room fell quiet.

Goldbug did a facepalm. "Aw slag."

"What's wrong?" Optimus asked.

"Remember that space bridge we originally used to get there?"

"Yes?"

"And how we stored it away in the Ark for a time just like this?"

"Yes?"

"And remember when we told you about Trypticon destroying the Ark just a year ago?"

"…Oh."

"Oh what?" Cliffjumper said. "Can't we just build another bridge like last time?"

"Cliff, it took us over a month to build the first bridge." Goldbug said. "For all we know, by the time we get there, Equestria will be a burning wasteland."

"Wait." Grimlock said. "Wasn't first Space Bridge put in really low parts of Ark?"

"Yes."

"So maybe it still in one piece."

The Autobots were initially skeptical of Grimlock's suggestion, but they really didn't feel like dissing the leader of the Dinobots. "You know, it probably wouldn't hurt to look." Perceptor said. The Autobots were quite surprised that Perceptor, of any of them, would agree with Grimlock's idea.

"Know what? Slag it. We got a bridge to dig up folks!" Jazz said.

The Autobots set out from Autobot City and made their way to the Ark's resting place. The inactive volcano had been buried under hundreds of tons of rock by Trypticon, and the Bots wasted no time in clearing a way to their old ship. After half a day of digging, they finally reached the Ark.

The shuttle doors opened, and they all stepped inside. "Never thought I'd be in here again…" Jazz said in a nostalgic way.

Optimus Prime approached a familiar looking computer. The screen was shattered and the circuitry was strewn about the floor. "Teletraan 1." Optimus said.

Perceptor crouched down to observe the insides of Teletraan 1, and shook his head in dismay. "It is beyond repair." He said.

"Didn't Teletraan 1 have, like, all of our info on Equestria?" Cliffjumper asked.

"Not all of it." Optimus Prime said as he tapped his head. "I wrote a series of records during our time there. I have files on people we met, events that occurred, and, most importantly, the inter- dimensional coordinates to Equestria. Now come along. If my memory serves me right, the lower storage rooms should be down this hall."

The Autobots followed Optimus down the dark hallway. Their only sources of light were their built- in flashlights. Finally they reached the bottom floor of the Ark. A series of doors lined the hallway. "I want everybot to search a room." Optimus ordered.

The crowd split up into several small groups and searched the various rooms. Optimus, along with Goldbug, Jazz, and Cliffjumper, entered the first room to the right. After a short while, Springer called up Optimus on his com link. "Optimus, this is Springer. Arcee, Hot Rod and I found a space bridge in one of these rooms. It might be what you're looking for. We're in the third door to the left."

Optimus exited the storage room and proceeded to Springer's directions. Sure enough, behind a small series of crates and boxes of junk, was the one- way Space Bridge. "Bring it outside." Optimus said.

Over the course of the next two days, the Autobots dismantled the space bridge with delicate precision and carefully carried the pieces back up to the surface. Some of the larger struts took a few hours just to get around a single corner.

After finally getting every piece to the surface, the Autobots rebuilt the space bridge. This, too, took another whole day. Perceptor was messing with the main wires, hoping that it would turn on, when-

*zzt*

- The Space Bridge came back to life.

VRROOOM

The Space Bridge came online with a brilliant show of light, which then faded away, and waited for any Autobots to step through.

"Before we start our rescue mission, I want everybot fueled up and ready for battle." Optimus Prime said. "Afterwards, we'll decide who goes, and who stays behind to man the space bridge."

The Autobots saluted, and made haste to Autobot City. Optimus Prime stayed behind, guarding the space bridge. 'So, it all comes down to this? Will this be a swift victory? Or something else entirely?'

About forty minutes later, the Autobots returned, fully fueled and ready for a fight. Optimus noticed that there was one among their ranks that was not present earlier. "Spike Witwicky? What are you doing here?"

Spike was riding inside of Goldbug. He stepped out and smiled at Optimus. "I missed out on that first fiasco you guys had with the ponies. I'm not missing out this time!"

"It'll be dangerous."

"Optimus, I've been helping you fight the Cons and just about every other villain and monster in the galaxy for the past twenty three years. I live and breathe danger."

"And what about Daniel and Carly? Do they know about you joining us?"

"They know. I talked to them. Told 'em I was going on a mission with the Autobots, for old time's sake, ya know?"

"And how did they respond?"

"Daniel wanted to come along and Carly was worried sick. But I told them everything was going to turn out okay, so now I'm here."

Optimus sighed. "Well, there's obviously no convincing you to not come. Very well."

Optimus turned to the Autobots. "Autobots, I know that all of you want to come along, but we cannot take everybody. Some of us will have to stay behind. Now, I want you to decide amongst yourselves who will come along."

The Autobots huddled up in one massive crowd. That is, everybot except for Goldbug, Jazz, Perceptor, Cliffjumper, Grimlock, Slag, Sludge, Snarl, Swoop, Warpath, Powerglide, and Beachcomber. They just walked right up to Optimus. "Before you say anything Optimus," Jazz said, "We figured that we get to go automatically since we were there the first time. We got a lot of friends we want to say hi to." Optimus understood Jazz's sound reasoning. He nodded and let them line up behind him.

The other Autobots reached their final decision, and the chosen Autobots stepped forward. The Aerialbots; Silverbolt, Air Raid, Fireflight, Skydive, and Slingshot;, The Protectobots; Hot Spot, Streetwise, Blades, Groove, and First Aid;, Skyfire, Blaster, Ultra Magnus, Arcee, Springer, Kup, Hot Rod, Blurr, and Wheelie.

"This is your final decision?" Optimus Prime asked.

The Autobots saluted. "YES SIR!"

"Good. Everybody, into the bridge!" The Autobots all entered the space bridge. It was a tight fit; there was only room for one more bot: Optimus. Before he entered, Optimus entered the coordinates to Equestria into the space bridge.

Outback approached the controls. "Anytime, mate."

"Do it."

Outback activated the teleportation sequence. The world around the Autobots in the Space Bridge distorted and showed various trippy colors. They had no bearings on where they were. Then, they all landed on solid ground. Just thirty meters from them, was the opening to Equestria. The Autobots stepped out of the portal, which closed behind them. They were in a green meadow, far from Ponyville or any other civilization. Those who had not been to Equestria before looked around in wonder. They were amazed at the purity and beauty of the land. Those who were returning simply loaded their rifles and observed the area for any ponies to help, or any Cons to fight. Before Optimus could give any orders, Blaster spoke up. "Hey guys, I'm picking up a signal. Any of you getting it too?"

Indeed, all of the Bots were receiving a signal of some kind. When they pinpointed it, they discovered that it was coming from the base of a mountain at the edge of the Everfree Forest. "Someone wants us to go there." Blaster said.

"The same guy who sent us that message?" Kup asked.

"It's gotta be. No way is this a coincidence. Somebody is helping us."

"As grateful as I am," Springer dryly said, "We still don't know who's helping us. It's probably a trap."

"Only one way to find out." Optimus said. "Autobots, transform, and roll out!"

The Autobots transformed and proceeded to wherever the signal was taking them. As they drove through the dense forest, their elevation began to rise ever so slightly. They were climbing up a mountain. After reaching a mere one hundred feet in altitude, the signal ended. They transformed into their robot forms and proceeded with caution. Optimus noticed a blinking cube on the ground. He crouched down and picked it up. It was a simple, plain cube with a blinking red light on its top.

What really interested Optimus though, was that there was a note attached to the cube. It was written in clear Cybertronian.

The doors are just ahead

Doors? What doors? Optimus looked up. Ahead of him was the mountainside, its wall flat and cleanly cut. 'Wait. Mountains are never "flat and cleanly cut"' Optimus thought to himself.

Optimus approached the rock wall in front of him, and touched it with one hand. The wall began to grumble, and split into two pieces while retreating into either side of the mountain. Optimus motioned the other Autobots to come inside. The cave was very spacious. Several large tunnels split away from the main cavern in a very even way. Almost as if it was a…

"Someone built a base for us?" Jazz exclaimed.

Upon further examination, the cave- or, base, as the Bots were now calling it- was built just like a typical Cybertronian building. There were halls, rooms, even a hanger on the upper level for the flying bots to take off from.

"Alright everyone, listen up." Optimus said. "So we have a base of operations now. That's good. But it is not our concern now. Our primary objective is to save the Equestrians! We just need to know where Galvatron is…"

Silverbolt stepped forward. "I'll scout ahead Optimus. I'll stay high and out of sight from the Cons."

Slingshot snickered. "You sure you wanna go really high, Silverbolt?"

"Shut up."

"Lock it down you two." Optimus said.

Silverbolt and Slingshot answered simultaneously. "Yes sir."

Afterwards, Silverbolt took off into the skies. He returned in ten minutes. "I spotted Galvatron. He and just about every other Decepti- creep are bunkered down in some kind of castle."

"Canterlot. The capital city of Equestria." Optimus said.

"Also, he seemed to be leading seven horses into some kind of warehouse. Cyclonus and Scourge were there, also."

"I don't like where this is going." Spike Witwicky said. "Optimus, if we're gonna do this, we have to do this now."

"Agreed, Spike." Optimus said. "Autobots, gather around. I have an idea."

Later, one mile above Canterlot…

Skyfire circled Canterlot, taking care to stay behind the clouds. His shuttle door was open, at which Optimus Prime stood waiting with a parachute on his back. "Prime, are you sure this is a good idea?" He asked.

"It's our best chance of taking the Decepticons by surprise, Skyfire." Optimus responded. "As I drop in from above, Springer will fly in with Goldbug and Cliffjumper and come through the side. Then, the rest of you will infiltrate the city. We will liberate the ponies, defeat the Decepticons, and go home."

"Well, alright then. Ready whenever you are, Optimus."

"Be ready on my signal." Optimus scanned his drop zone of warehouses, searching for a sign that would tell him which one was the right one. Then, he heard exactly what he wanted to hear emit from one of the warehouses. He could hear Galvatron and Princess Celestia bickering. Then, he heard a third noise. To his horror he realized it was a saw.

"Autobots, begin Operation: Liberation now! Go! Go! Go! Skyfire, get me at a good angle!"

"On it!"

Skyfire tilted to his side slightly so that Optimus could get a view of the warehouses. Optimus Prime jumped out from Skyfire, and positioned himself in a diving posture, so that he would pick up speed. When he was close enough, he shifted himself so that he was upright again. He was just three hundred feet above his target. Optimus briefly deployed his parachutes so that he would slow down and not end up in stasis lock. He unsheathed his axe, cut the parachute lines, and continued falling feet first.

"Autobots, I am engaging the enemy!" He yelled over his com link.

CRASH

Optimus Prime crashed through the warehouse roof, and landed in between Celestia, who was on a table with a buzz saw just above her, and the Mane 6, who were guarded by Cyclonus and Scourge. On the other side of the table was Galvatron. All of them were shocked at Optimus' surprise appearance.

Optimus round- house kicked both Cyclonus and Scourge away from the ponies, ripped the saw off of the contraption that was lowering it just before it reached Celestia, and threw it at Galvatron. Galvatron ducked for cover as the saw flew over him and stuck itself into the wall. Goldbug and Cliffjumper burst into the warehouse from the back wall, guns drawn. Optimus looked over to Galvatron.

Galvatron's optics twitched. "Are you slagging KIDDING ME?"