• Published 30th Jan 2013
  • 2,631 Views, 88 Comments

The Transformers My Little Pony Crossover 2 - TFCrossoverFan



The Decepticons have taken over Equestria, and it's up to the Autobots to save the ponies.

  • ...
12
 88
 2,631

Dark and Lonely Days

Chapter 2

Tick

Tick

Tick

Pinkie Pie anxiously watched the clock as she sat down on her stool at the counter of Sugarcube Corner. She was waiting for the clock to strike six- thirty pm, the time she had designated herself for heading out. Thirteen years ago, on that very evening; they had left, promising to return. But that was thirteen years ago. Pinkie desperately hoped that this would be the year that they would return.

The clock struck six- thirty pm.

Pinkie got off her stool, grabbed her party gear, and headed to the door. 'Oh! I almost forgot,' she thought to herself. Pinkie walked over to one of the side pantries, and hauled out a giant bag of alligator kibble. She tipped it over a feeding bowl that sat next to a bowl of water, and filled it up slightly over the rim. Both bowls were labeled "Gummy".

"Gummy! Dinner's ready!" Pinkie called out to the upstairs. A few seconds later a nine foot long male alligator came lumbering down the steps, taking care not to trip. The alligator was toothless, had a blank, vacant stare, and was slightly dark green in color.

"I'm just gonna be out for a little while, okay Gummy? Try not to make a mess!"

Gummy looked up at Pinkie in acknowledgment, and began nibbling at the kibble. Now that Gummy had been fed, Pinkie resumed heading out the door. Once she was outside, she took out the key from her bag and locked the door. She briefly stared at the key, and sighed. She still wasn't over the Cakes moving away to distant lands, and in turn receiving Sugarcube Corner as part of what the Cakes called "her well- deserved inheritance". But at least they kept in contact by writing letters every so often.

Pinkie continued onward. There were five other places she had to drop by before she could go on to her waiting spot. Her first stop wasn't that far. Pinkie knocked on Twilight's door, not stopping, and almost hit Twilight herself when she finally opened it.

"Hello there Pinkie Pie," Twilight said as she placed a book down on her desk next to an aged Owloysius with her levitation, "What brings you here?"

"It's that time of year again Twilight. Please, will you wait with me again?"

Twilight's smile turned into a sorrowful frown, and her ears drooped. "Pinkie… they're not coming…"

"They will come! This is gonna be that year! Have some faith!"

"For the first few years I did believe that they would come back! But, after a while, I just lost hope. We all did Pinkie. You're the only one who still spends all night waiting, and it breaks my heart seeing you out there all alone every year!"

A small tear rolled down Pinkie's cheek. "So… you're not coming?"

"I'm sorry, but no."

Just as Pinkie began turning away, she snapped her head back. "Hey wait a sec, where's Spike?"

"He's over at Rarity's, helping her with some measurements."

Indeed, when Pinkie arrived at Carousel Boutique, she could hear a small commotion inside. She knocked on the door. The door opened to reveal a worried looking Rarity. "Oh! Pinkie! How convenient of you to stop by, I need your help!"

"Really? For what?"

"Come inside, quickly now."

Pinkie entered the building and looked around. "Twilight said Spike was here, but I don't see him."

"I'm up here."

"Huh?"

Pinkie looked upwards to see Spike barely hanging on to a banner from the ceiling. A tipped over ladder was laid down on the floor. "Hey Pinkie," he said, "Nice to see you. Now then, Rarity, just use your magic to get me down from here already!"

"But what if I drop you?" Rarity loudly replied.

"You won't! Gosh, ever since you came in second place at that fashion contest last month you have had absolutely no confidence!"

"It was being held in Canterlot! And everypony was there! Even Fancypants! I lost in front of Fancypants!"

"OH FOR THE LOVE OF- oh no." The banner was starting to tear. "I swear if that thing rips I will-" The piece of banner that Spike was holding onto ripped away from the rest. "GAAAHHH!"

*splat*

When Spike landed, a picture frame containing a photo of the deceased Opalescence fell from a small table. Pinkie caught it just before it landed and placed it back on the table.

Rarity and Pinkie helped Spike up. The six- foot tall dragon managed to get back on his feet and steady himself. He looked down at them. "Rarity, seriously."

"I'm sorry."

Spike sighed. "Forgiven. We can take the rest of that stuff down later. Anyways, what brings you here Pinkie?"

Pinkie pawed at the floor a little. "I was thinking if you guys could, you know, camp out with me this year?"

Rarity and Spike looked at each other with unsure expressions on their faces. Rarity was the first to speak. "Darling, I'm sorry but, I just don't think they're coming. Besides, even if I did want to come, I have a very busy schedule this weekend!"

Pinkie looked to Spike. "What about you?"

Spike scratched the back of his neck, thinking about what to say. "Sorry Pinkie, but they're not coming back. And Twilight needs me to help out Owloysius on his night shifts."

"Oh… okay. I just thought I'd ask…" Pinkie left Carousel Boutique. Rarity and Spike both felt twinges of pity and guilt.

While on her way to Sweet Apple Acres, Pinkie came across Rainbow Dash and Tank. Rainbow Dash was trying to put a larger propeller on the one hundred- and fifty pound tortoise. "Dash!" Pinkie called out.

Rainbow Dash turned around, and smiled. "Oh, hey Pinkie. What's up?"

"Do you think you could, ya know…"

"I know what you're thinking Pinkie. I'm sorry, but the answer is no."

"But why not?"

"Look, I still wait for them all year just like you. It's just that I don't see the point in staying up all night once a year. Why did you pick that night again?"

"It's the night they left, Rainbow. I just thought it would make sense that they would choose today or tonight to come back. It seems appropriate."

"…Don't get your hopes up like the past few years, Pinkie. I don't like seeing you sad."

"I know. I know…"

The two ponies parted ways. Pinkie continued her trek to Applejack's farm. The whole way there all she could think was: 'This is gonna be the year, they pinkie promised, this HAS to be the year…'

As Pinkie progressed up the hill to the farm, off in the distance she could see the graves of Winona and Granny Smith. It was hard enough for Applejack, Winona's puppies, and everypony else when Winona died, but when Granny Smith passed away in her sleep, Applejack, Big Macintosh, and Apple Bloom practically lost it. All three of them had a nervous breakdown, not knowing what to do. Everything was settled when they found Granny Smith's will, which stated that the property of the farm now belonged to Big Macintosh. A respectful funeral in which the whole Apple family came from far and wide to pay their respects soon followed.

When Pinkie approached the farm, Winona's three offspring gave her a friendly reception. As she neared the barn she could see Applejack and Apple Bloom hard at work. Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle were also present, providing extra help. Sweetie Belle was levitating apple barrels while humming a tune to herself, and Scootaloo was stacking hay barrels. Scootaloo picked a hay barrel up, flew up to the top of the stack, and placed it there. Pinkie amused herself with the memories of the three young mares when they called themselves the "Cutie Mark Crusaders". However, they had ceased calling themselves that a decade ago, when all three of them finally got their cutie marks.

As Scootaloo flew back down to the ground, she noticed Pinkie approaching and called out to Applejack. Applejack looked up from her work and sighed. She knew very well what today was, and what Pinkie was going to ask. It practically tore her apart on the inside to do this every year.

Pinkie stopped in front of Applejack. "Applejack, please, just come with me this year. For old time's sake!"

Applejack's eyes watered up a little, but she did not shed a single tear. "Sugarcube, it's, it's just not worth it. To wait all night, hoping, and then to have no pay off feels terrible! And to see you so depressed, I just…"

Pinkie's eyes lowered to the ground.

"Pinkie Pie, it's been a full thirteen years. You have to let it go. Maybe they just forgot about us."

Pinkie's head snapped back up. Her face was a combination of anger, shock, and disbelief of what her friend had just implied. She turned around and left Sweet Apple Acres. Applejack only stood there, trying to figure out the flux of emotions that was inside of her. It wasn't until Apple Bloom tapped her shoulder a minute later that she somehow managed to muster the willpower to get back to work.

As Pinkie Pie neared Fluttershy's cottage, the sun began to set, so she figured it would probably be best if she tried this extra quiet. It was about at this time that Fluttershy put the animals to bed, as they were all young juveniles. None of the animals that were under Fluttershy's care when Pinkie first met the pegasus were alive today. Pinkie could not imagine what it must have been like for Fluttershy throughout the years; to watch her beloved animal friends die off one by one.

In a cruel twist of fate, Angel, Fluttershy's most loyal and loved animal friend, was the last to go. Fluttershy was at Angel's deathbed when the old bunny passed away. Fortunately, Angel, and all of the other animals, had left a legacy so Fluttershy would not be alone in the future. As expected, Fluttershy took great care and honor in raising their orphaned offspring.

Pinkie quietly knocked on Fluttershy's door. The door slowly opened just enough so that only Fluttershy's eye could be seen. "Yes?" Fluttershy quietly asked.

"Hi Fluttershy, it's me Pinkie," Pinkie Pie quietly responded so as to not wake up the baby animals, "It's that time of year again, and I was thinking you could wait with me for the night?"

Fluttershy fully opened the door. "Oh I'm sorry Pinkie, but, I have to be here for the babies. I really want to go along, I really do, but I have to be here in case one of the children gets a nightmare, or wakes up to see that I'm not present. T-That's okay with you right? I'm sorry, it's just that-"

"It's alright Fluttershy, I understand. Good night." Pinkie had a depressed expression on her face, and turned around to head back to Ponyville, her head slightly drooping.

Fluttershy closed the door, and gave a heavy sigh. 'Oh, how I wish I could wait there with her,' Fluttershy thought to herself. But, duty calls, she had to watch over the animals. Fluttershy climbed up onto her couch, and laid there, thinking about how much things have changed in all of their lives for several minutes.

Then, a distant noise caught Fluttershy's attention. She could hear footsteps.

THOOM

THOOM

Heavy footsteps. A glass of water next to Fluttershy on a drawer slightly shook, ripples briefly forming whenever a new footstep came up.

THOOM

THOOM

Fluttershy's heart began racing, fearing that a giant monster had decided to come out from the Everfree Forest and attack her cottage. Then, the footsteps stopped. A full minute of unnatural, disturbing silence passed, when finally three light knocks were heard from her door. Fluttershy thought against answering the door at first, but then figured that whatever had made those footsteps was gone now and that Pinkie Pie had returned to ask her a second time.

Fluttershy opened the door, and froze. A familiar figure was standing in front of her.

"Hey toots. Long time no see, eh?"

Rumble stepped aside, allowing Fluttershy to notice a second familiar figure that towered over both of them. Fluttershy could only scream in terror as a giant blue hand reached down to grab her.

"Hee hee ha ha ha ha hee ha!"