• Published 30th Jan 2013
  • 2,631 Views, 88 Comments

The Transformers My Little Pony Crossover 2 - TFCrossoverFan



The Decepticons have taken over Equestria, and it's up to the Autobots to save the ponies.

  • ...
12
 88
 2,631

An Enemy in Need

Chapter 10

"What was that!?" Breakdown exclaimed.

Dead End groaned in frustration. "Oh for the love of- it's a bush, Breakdown!"

"I'm telling you, there's someone in there!"

"It's probably just some stupid rabbit, now come on! Ugh, can't I go one patrol without having you freak out over every little noise?"

The two Stunticons walked away from the bush, still arguing. Once they were out of hearing distance, the bush revealed its true nature. Spike peeked out of his disguise, and scanned the area.

He activated his walkie- talkie. "Spike here, Con patrol making their way north from the east. We're clear."

"Acknowledged." Optimus replied.

The dragon looked up. He was at the foot of the cliff that Canterlot was built on. Far above him, although it was night out, he could see six figures resume their climb up the cliff; Optimus Prime, Starscream, Witwicky, Twilight, Shining Armor, and Pinkie. The three ponies were held in Optimus' arm, while the human was perched on his shoulder.

'Heh. Figures nopony would want to hitch a ride with Screamer.' Spike humorously thought to himself.

A voice came out of his walkie- talkie. It was Scootaloo. "Watch it guys, Sweep patrol heading your way."

Optimus and the others who were climbing froze in place. Spike frowned and looked up. Indeed, a small group of Sweeps, headed by Scourge himself, passed by just a few hundred meters away.

Elsewhere…

The Decepticons had built a prison into the mountain near Canterlot. It was hidden, obscure, and built to hold Autobot prisoners. Speaking of Autobot prisoners, there were four. Beachcomber, Warpath, Powerglide, and Jazz.

Beachcomber was simply chained to the wall. Warpath and Powerglide were in similar positions, but Warpath's tank gun had been disabled, and Powerglide's wings were restrained. Jazz, however, was made a mockery of. His top half was hanging from the ceiling by his two arms, while his lower half lay flat on the ground beneath him, motionless. The Cons had never even bothered to fix him up. Jazz was the only one who had a clear view of the prison's one small window.

They were given enough energon so that they may live, but not enough to stop their suffering.

Elsewhere…

Optimus and the others finally made it to the top of the cliff. Quickly and quietly, they scaled the wall that separated them from the inside of Canterlot, and successfully entered the city unnoticed.

Optimus took the lead. They went from alley to alley, taking cover whenever they could. Optimus was just about to turn a street corner when heard footsteps and quickly flattened himself against the wall, as did the others.

Just around the corner were Octane and Sixshot.

"Something's not right." Sixshot said.

"And how would you know that?" Octane asked.

"Because I'm a ninja, punk." Sixshot began nearing Optimus and the others.

"Anytime now, Screamer." Witwicky whispered to Starscream.

The Seeker rolled his optics and opened a Decepticon- only communications signal.

Sixshot stopped just before he turned the corner. "Octane, are you getting this?"

Octane nodded. "Yeah. Why would Soundwave want us to go patrol the gate?"

"I don't like this. The signal's a little off."

"I don't know about you, but I'm not willing to risk peeving off Soundwave. C'mon, let's get going."

Octane left. Sixshot left too, but not before giving one last look in Optimus' direction.

"General, which way to the dungeons?" Optimus asked.

"In the palace," Shining Armor responded, "Down in the lower levels."

"Move out."

They moved. The group silently stalked down the dark streets of Canterlot. Amazingly, they encountered no other patrols. Then they were at the palace doors. Quickly and quietly, they opened the doors, slipped through, and closed them. Now that they were inside, they had to be extra cautious. From this point on, it was all or nothing.

"This way," Shining Armor whispered, pointing down a hall. They followed him.

As they continued onward, the group could not help but feel as if something was off. Not once during their infiltration did they encounter a patrol within the palace halls, it was exceptionally dark, and it was eerily quiet. Witwicky was just about to say that they were probably walking into a trap when Shining stopped them in front of a door.

"This is it, the dungeon." Shining Armor said. He opened the door, allowing Twilight, Pinkie, and Witwicky to walk through.

"Um, General, if you don't mind me asking, but, how are we supposed to fit through that door?" Optimus asked while gesturing to himself and Starscream.

Shining Armor smiled. "Funny you should mention that. After the original Deception attack over a decade ago, Princess Celestia herself placed a spell on certain doors, halls, and rooms so that they would adjust in size to a Cybertronian."

"But what if a Decepticon-"

"Eh, yeah, that was my reasoning too, but her Majesty felt it necessary for the Autobots."

Optimus face palmed.

"Well I think we've wasted enough time here, let's get a move on." Starscream said with a little bit of optimism in his voice. Seeing a distressed Optimus Prime will perk up any Con, whether they be a defector or not. Starscream took one step towards the door, when the whole thing suddenly supersized itself in a second. "Whoa." Starscream said, surprised at the spell's suddenness.

They entered the dungeon. The walls and steps were solid stone, and spiraled downwards. After a short descent the came across another door. "I got this." Shining Armor said. He put his horn into the door lock, opening it. They entered the cell room.

"…Aaaand there's nobody here." Starscream dryly said. "Great. Just great."

"I don't get it, this is our only jail in the whole city!" Shining Armor exclaimed. "Where else could the prisoners be? …Unless…"

"No." Pinkie stated.

"Pinkie, let's be realistic here. What if the Cons execu-"

Pinkie's head snapped toward Shining Armor. She wore a small, grim frown, and her eyes were filled with an icy coldness. And yet, there was also sadness. "No. They are alive. They have to be. They have to be…" Tears began welling up into her eyes.

Optimus kneeled down and gently patted her on the back. "You are correct Pinkie. We will save our friends, and then we can end this nightmare."

*bzt*

Twilight flicked her ears. "Did any of you hear that?"

*bzzt*

"Yeah," Shining Armor said, "It sounded like… bug wings?"

Pinkie poked her head out the room. "Um, Shining Armor, was there ever a second door? Because the noise is coming from over there."

"Huh? No, there wasn't. The Cons must've built it for some special reason."

Indeed, there was a second door on the side wall that the group had completely missed. It was hidden in shadow. Shining Armor walked up to it and tried to unlock it. He failed.

"What the hay? Why isn't this working?"

"Step aside, fleshy, I have a better idea." Starscream said.

"Pft, oh yeah? And what might that be?"

Starscream punched the door, shattering it to pieces.

"Of course, why didn't I think of that?" Shining Armor deadpanned.

There was a sudden increase in buzzing. The group cautiously entered the room.

And there, chained against the far wall, beaten and bloodied…

…Was Queen Chrysalis.

The ponies were slack jawed. There were various 'whats, buts, and hows', but the general shock was there.

"Don't act so surprised," Chrysalis said, her mouth caked in dry blood, "Did you honestly think that your giant metal pets would break me before I died? WELL? DID YOU?!"

"Um, who is that?" Witwicky asked.

"She is Chrysalis, Queen of the Changelings," Shining Armor answered, "We have a history."

"What kind of history?"

"Oh, she only tried to invade Canterlot and pulled a hostile occupation on Ponyville, nothing too serious." Twilight sarcastically said.

"And now you have had your revenge," Chrysalis growled, "You took me and several of my kin and now only I remain! Come on! FINISH IT!"

Optimus walked up to Chrysalis and kneeled before her. "There were others with you? Explain."

Chrysalis spat at him. "Do not play dumb with me, abomination!"

"Hear me, and hear me now. My name is Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots. Those who imprisoned you and abused you are the Decepticons, who are ruled my Galvatron. Do you understand?"

Chrysalis continued to glare.

"The Decepticons came to Equestria to enslave not just ponykind, but every sentient species. Changelings included. And I will not allow that."

"And what's in it for you?" Chrysalis asked with suspicion. "Only a fool would fight such a force for a world, and ask for nothing in return."

"Then in that case, I am the biggest fool of all."

"Optimus, we need to get moving." Twilight said.

"Wait," Optimus said, turning his attention back to Chrysalis, "You said that there were others of your kind who were caught?"

Chrysalis turned her glare to the ground. "…Yes. There were six others."

"What did the Decepticons want with you?"

"They wanted to learn of our shape shifting magic, something about becoming the 'next stage in Cybertronian evolution'."

"Where are the others now?"

"The… Decepticons, as you call them, took them away, and experimented on them, and… a- and…"

"It's alright, I understand." Optimus solemnly said.

"Oh what do you care, you walking trash pile?!"

"I care… because although you and ponykind are enemies, these are crimes that I cannot let pass."

"What are you talking about?"

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, your Highness, and since all three parties- Autobot, Pony, and Changeling- share a common enemy, I have a proposition to make. Join us, Queen Chrysalis."

"WHAT?!" Twilight, Shining, and Pinkie exclaimed.

"What's in it for me?" Chrysalis asked.

"A chance to avenge your fallen subjects, and the possibility of knowing that you did the right thing."

"Tempting…" Chrysalis shifted her eyes, "… Very well. We shall have a truce. BUT, the moment all is done, I and my Hive will be enemies of Equestria again, no exceptions!" She said that last part while glaring at the three present ponies.

"Prime, you can't be serious! She's a sworn enemy!" Shining Armor exclaimed.

"Don't trust her Optimus! Just leave her here!" Twilight pleaded.

"I'm releasing her." With that, Optimus broke Chrysalis' chains, freeing her.

She fell to the ground, and struggled to get back up. Optimus motioned to help her up, but she swatted his gigantic hand away. "I don't need your help getting up!" Chrysalis was back on her hooves, her legs weakly wobbled.

"You don't look so good." Witwicky asked with concern.

"I haven't had a decent meal in weeks," Chrysalis explained, "During my time here, my subjects and I were forced to live off of each other."

"Oh my god! You resorted to cannibalism?!"

Chrysalis gave Witwicky an alarmed look. "Wait, what? NO! That's disgusting!"

"But you just said-"

"Changelings are emotovores, Mister Witwicky," Twilight explained, "She means they fed off of each other's love."

"Which isn't very much, by the way." Chrysalis deadpanned.

"Okaaay…"

Then, without warning, Pinkie walked up to Chrysalis and hugged her.

"Pony. What are you doing?" Chrysalis asked. "Pony. Stop."

"You're worth more to us strong than weak." Pinkie drawled. "Eat the damn love."

Chrysalis was tempted to tear apart the pony there and then, but she was not one to refuse a free meal.

After a few seconds Pinkie let go. "Better?"

"Tch."

"Hey, show a little gratitude," Shining Armor said with a glare, "She just gave you some of her strength."

"Oh, please don't tell me you're still not angry with me, my Prince?" Chrysalis taunted.

"Enough, all of you," Optimus ordered, "We are still on a mission."

"The mission's gonna have to wait, Prime." Witwicky said with an edge of nervousness.

"Huh? Why is that?" Optimus asked.

The sound of several guns being cocked was heard. Optimus turned towards the door. Standing at the doorway was Soundwave, Sixshot, and Octane.

"Open fire." Soundwave ordered.

Author's Note:

If someone tells you that Writer's Block isn't a big deal, don't believe them. W.B. made me take almost exactly a year to write this little chapter.

Btw, Chrysalis is going to be the last surprise character of this story. Seriously. For realz.